newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
10/19/2017  1:21 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:Cry me a river.

Melos entire career as a knick was a complete waste. 50% on management 50% on Melo.

People argue that its not Melo fault but then you see stuff like this saying he wanted special treatment. "A conversion " yeah it's so hard. Tell that to a kid trying to make the team. A ****ing bitch that makes 25 mill wants a conversion. So damn corny. We need talent but we don't need pre Madonna **** boys that think they are bigger than the team. A players individual goals and brand shouldn't be above the team. Fuck this guy.

which of phils trades were you impress by?

look dude, phil fcked up, he handle the sht horrible wrong, here's why you have a talk with your star player

LaMarcus Aldridge was unhappy with the Spurs the past two seasons and Gregg Popovich understood why.

Their heart-to-heart talk has made basketball life much easier for Aldridge, and his comfort was apparent in the season opener.

Aldridge had 25 points and 10 rebounds, and San Antonio held on for a 107-99 victory over the Minnesota Timberwolves on Wednesday night while playing without leading scorer Kawhi Leonard.

"He just didn't feel comfortable and it's 98.75 percent on me," Popovich said of Aldridge's struggles. "I tried to change him, I tried to make him a different player and I think that really affected his ability to feel comfortable and confident on the court. And we took care of that, basically by me letting him know that we're going to do it differently."

San Antonio needs Aldridge to feel at ease with the team missing Leonard and Tony Parker to injuries. Even without them, the Spurs had enough to hold off the revamped Timberwolves.

This is the way you do business, not throw your players under the bus via the media(aldridge would be better playing somewhere else) and twitter

Aldridge played like crap since he's been in san an, is pop catering?

Phil should have got off his soap box, and coach for a yr to show melo, fisher or JH, how he truly wanted his triangle to be played..

that entire ordeal was as embarrassing as the larry and steph drama, MDA and Marbury, Ewing and Layden, this franchise as a history of bad PR

S.A isn't NY.

They tried to trade LMA during the draft but found no takers. In NY with Pop being the coach with his track record and LMA having to replace Duncan. LMA probably would have been buried by NY media. Then again Pop is a dick to the media and gets away with it because he wins. So don't know if NY media would be chomping at the bit to tear him down. Or feel it would hurt their credibility to do so and tear into LMA instead.

Either way any drama that goes on there is limited attention drawn to it in S.A. In NY every single day there would be pot stewing questions asked and comments made looking to create material and intensify the drama.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
AUTOADVERT
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/19/2017  1:41 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Melos entire career as a knick was a complete waste. 50% on management 50% on Melo.

People argue that its not Melo fault but then you see stuff like this saying he wanted special treatment. "A conversion " yeah it's so hard. Tell that to a kid trying to make the team. A ****ing bitch that makes 25 mill wants a conversion. So damn corny. We need talent but we don't need pre Madonna **** boys that think they are bigger than the team. A players individual goals and brand shouldn't be above the team. Fuck this guy.

look dude, phil fcked up, he handle the sht horrible wrong, here's why you have a talk with your star player

LaMarcus Aldridge was unhappy with the Spurs the past two seasons and Gregg Popovich understood why.

Their heart-to-heart talk has made basketball life much easier for Aldridge, and his comfort was apparent in the season opener.

Aldridge had 25 points and 10 rebounds, and San Antonio held on for a 107-99 victory over the Minnesota Timberwolves on Wednesday night while playing without leading scorer Kawhi Leonard.

"He just didn't feel comfortable and it's 98.75 percent on me," Popovich said of Aldridge's struggles. "I tried to change him, I tried to make him a different player and I think that really affected his ability to feel comfortable and confident on the court. And we took care of that, basically by me letting him know that we're going to do it differently."

San Antonio needs Aldridge to feel at ease with the team missing Leonard and Tony Parker to injuries. Even without them, the Spurs had enough to hold off the revamped Timberwolves.

This is the way you do business, not throw your players under the bus via the media(aldridge would be better playing somewhere else) and twitter

Phil should have got off his soap box, and coach for a yr to show melo, fisher or JH, how he truly wanted his triangle to be played..

that entire ordeal was as embarrassing as the larry and steph drama, MDA and Marbury, Ewing and Layden, this franchise as a history of bad PR

S.A isn't NY.

They tried to trade LMA during the draft but found no takers. In NY with Pop being the coach with his track record and LMA having to replace Duncan. LMA probably would have been buried by NY media. Then again Pop is a dick to the media and gets away with it because he wins. So don't know if NY media would be chomping at the bit to tear him down. Or feel it would hurt their credibility to do so and tear into LMA instead.

Either way any drama that goes on there is limited attention drawn to it in S.A. In NY every single day there would be pot stewing questions asked and comments made looking to create material and intensify the drama.

I am quite sure a class A dick like Pop would not have built the track record he has in NY. He would never have lasted long enough here. Media here only gives you a break as long as the confetti is still flying. Once it settles, the love is gone and it's the same old what have you done in the past minute meat grinder time again.

Phil could not physically coach here. Watching him sit in a chair was painful enough. If he could have come here and been the Knicks Everything Pat Riley, maybe things would have been different. Maybe Phil knew coaching here would just tarnish his rings. We will never know.

The record here shows Phil's management style suhucks. Some great players can't really coach. Actually, what truly great players ever were really great coaches? Russ played while coaching, and sucked when not playing. Willis sucked. Lenny Wilkens managed to win one chip in all those years.

Maybe truly great coaches suhuck at management. A new generalization is born.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/19/2017  1:48 PM
jrodmc wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

S.A isn't NY.

I am quite sure a class A dick like Pop would not have built the track record he has in NY. He would never have lasted long enough here. Media here only gives you a break as long as the confetti is still flying. Once it settles, the love is gone and it's the same old what have you done in the past minute meat grinder time again.

Phil could not physically coach here. Watching him sit in a chair was painful enough. If he could have come here and been the Knicks Everything Pat Riley, maybe things would have been different. Maybe Phil knew coaching here would just tarnish his rings. We will never know.

The record here shows Phil's management style suhucks. Some great players can't really coach. Actually, what truly great players ever were really great coaches? Russ played while coaching, and sucked when not playing. Willis sucked. Lenny Wilkens managed to win one chip in all those years.

Bad GMs/Presidents seem to last many years here.
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/19/2017  1:52 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/19/2017  1:55 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

S.A isn't NY.

Bad GMs/Presidents seem to last many years here.

Not to mention owners. Forget I mentioned it.

Anyway, my point was about quality of track record, not longevity of incompetents who haven't been anywhere near the dick-level of Pop. He is truly historic in the way he treats the media. Which is why I sort of like him.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/19/2017  2:12 PM

Enough is enough with this guy. Can't leave well enough alone. The Knicks traded you to okc... He didn't crawl out of Satan's pit. I'm so disappointed in this guy. Corny ass

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
GoNyGoNyGo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #411
USA
10/19/2017  2:56 PM
Yeah, he walked "thru hell" while his hands were collecting $100 MIllion dollars and not winning crap!

What an asshat!

HE will never be a winner because its always about him. What about the crap his teammates and coaches had to endure with him?

Good Riddance!

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/19/2017  6:58 PM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:Yeah, he walked "thru hell" while his hands were collecting $100 MIllion dollars and not winning crap!

What an asshat!

HE will never be a winner because its always about him. What about the crap his teammates and coaches had to endure with him?

Good Riddance!

He really rubbd me the wrong way these last few days. I fully admit i was never a fan of his as a player BUT most of the time i have always complimented his character and the way he has handled himself. But these stupid comments sounds really babyish and stupid. Intstead of just saying "it didnt work out in New york but i hold no grudge and wish them luck" he starts the"babe in the woods" routine and how he was "stabbed in the back" and he walked through hell". N Matter what happenes tonight it is definetly a breath a fresh air with him gone
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/19/2017  7:15 PM
jrodmc wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

S.A isn't NY.

When you stay off Melo, you actually make sense Einstein.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/19/2017  7:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/19/2017  7:20 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:Yeah, he walked "thru hell" while his hands were collecting $100 MIllion dollars and not winning crap!

What an asshat!

Good Riddance!

He really rubbd me the wrong way these last few days. I fully admit i was never a fan of his as a player BUT most of the time i have always complimented his character and the way he has handled himself. But these stupid comments sounds really babyish and stupid. Intstead of just saying "it didnt work out in New york but i hold no grudge and wish them luck" he starts the"babe in the woods" routine and how he was "stabbed in the back" and he walked through hell". N Matter what happenes tonight it is definetly a breath a fresh air with him gone

This attitude is truly why I hate him. Arrogant, narcissistic, selfish lazy ass prick. Hope GS 5-0 on their ass in the playoffs.

This and the whole defense thingy

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
StarksEwing1

10/19/2017  7:27 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

What an asshat!

Good Riddance!

This attitude is truly why I hate him. Arrogant, narcissistic, selfish lazy ass prick. Hope GS 5-0 on their ass in the playoffs.

Look i always try to be objective. I do agree with Meo that Phil did things the wrong way in the public but Melo is going overboard with playing the victim. lets be honest the Knicks organization catered to him for a number of years and gave him two very lucrative contracts. I felt he could have been more appreciative and respectful in his response.
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
10/19/2017  9:32 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

What an asshat!

Good Riddance!

Look i always try to be objective. I do agree with Meo that Phil did things the wrong way in the public but Melo is going overboard with playing the victim. lets be honest the Knicks organization catered to him for a number of years and gave him two very lucrative contracts. I felt he could have been more appreciative and respectful in his response.

Well said.

I am so happy he is gone. OKC will not win with him either.

TripleThreat
Member: #3997

10/19/2017  9:46 PM
knicks1248 wrote:Because phil was going to dump him for a bag of peanuts according to melo. Now phil said he wanted a young starter and a 1st round pick to the media, so who knows. We do know one of the main reasons he's not here, was dolan not agreeing to a buy out

We all know for a fact that, Anderson a 2nd rnd and a bunch of waivable players was on the table until perry came in, but had not been for the NTC, we would have got the same crap he got for shump, tyson, jr..

Thank god for perry, because mills was going to pull the trigger

What an absolutely bizarre narrative you are pushing here.

You make it sound like, there was a BAD TRADE ONLY FROM PHIL and a GOOD TRADE ONLY FROM SCOTT PERRY.

No, there was

A) Bad Trade Choice 1 (Houston)

and then

B) Bad Trade Choice 2 (OKC)'

Bad Trade Choice 2 only existed because the season was approaching. If Phil Jackson was still on the team then, he likely would have made the exact same trade once Melo decided to waive his NTC for OKC. The reason is Kanter was the only core salary match possible that was expendable and OKC wanted to dump.

Why then? Because if Melo got injured, he'd have to OPT IN, and stay on the Knicks. Once traded, if injured, he could still sign a 4 year max deal under the Over 38 Rule with a new team that might actually be a fringe contender.

Perry isn't some magical genius here. He might be a great GM, but this trade had more to do with TIMING and then again the risk of being stuck on a losing team during an injury rehab situation. Imagine if Melo went down like Lin or Hayward. He'd have to stay a Knick another year and his free agency situation looks much murkier.

There is no good trade/bad trade.

There was only Bad Trade A and Bad Trade B.

Getting Enes Kanter is NOT a win. He's a bad contract and overpaid to his actual skill set. OKC has been trying to trade this dude since they signed him and no one else wanted him.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/19/2017  10:08 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

What an asshat!

Good Riddance!

The guy was voted best teammate by his peers. A lot of quotes in the papers today from his old teammates about him being agood guy. Not sure what else needs to be said. He s gone anyway.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
StarksEwing1

10/19/2017  10:17 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

What an asshat!

Good Riddance!

The guy was voted best teammate by his peers. A lot of quotes in the papers today from his old teammates about him being agood guy. Not sure what else needs to be said. He s gone anyway.
doesnt change the fact that his comments were stupid. Gotta be fair about that at least
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/20/2017  6:14 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

What an asshat!

Good Riddance!

His bad shot selection and poor defense were hurting the team. But he is popular. Those are separate issues.
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

10/20/2017  7:49 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

What an asshat!

Good Riddance!

doesnt change the fact that his comments were stupid. Gotta be fair about that at least

What did he say?

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
HofstraBBall

10/20/2017  7:53 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

What an asshat!

Good Riddance!

Give it up Kai! It's over. Move on with ur....sigh...life.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
StarksEwing1

10/20/2017  8:34 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

What an asshat!

Good Riddance!

What did he say?

basically that the knicks stabbed him in the back and it was "hell" here. Seemed very overdramatic and petty. I mean ive always complimented his character but i didnt like his comments.
HofstraBBall

10/20/2017  9:23 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/20/2017  9:29 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

What an asshat!

Good Riddance!

What did he say?

basically that the knicks stabbed him in the back and it was "hell" here. Seemed very overdramatic and petty. I mean ive always complimented his character but i didnt like his comments.

Do you think he was right? Hell maybe a bit much. But A few years of Knicks dysfunction, Phil's public comments, Phils inability to communicate with players directly and that's all he said? Don't think it's anything to get upset about. We can't accuse a guy for being overtly sensitive because he finally comments, after 3 years of holding it in and being professional, on his perspective of things. Specially when we all thought he was probably right about how Phil handled things. And btw, he still didn't mention names. Did he?

Chandler
Member: #6197

10/20/2017  9:28 AM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

What an asshat!

Good Riddance!

Well said.

I am so happy he is gone. OKC will not win with him either.

Agree with all of this. Melo would have been better served to just zip it up. As talented as he is, he is a fundamentally stupid person unaware of his own stupidity

(5)(5)
We should thank MELO for the NTC

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy