[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

We should thank MELO for the NTC
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/18/2017  7:52 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/18/2017  7:55 PM
Because phil was going to dump him for a bag of peanuts according to melo. Now phil said he wanted a young starter and a 1st round pick to the media, so who knows. We do know one of the main reasons he's not here, was dolan not agreeing to a buy out

We all know for a fact that, Anderson a 2nd rnd and a bunch of waivable players was on the table until perry came in, but had not been for the NTC, we would have got the same crap he got for shump, tyson, jr..

Thank god for perry, because mills was going to pull the trigger

After missing the playoffs the past four seasons, Anthony has a chance to compete for a championship, playing with NBA MVP Russell Westbrook and perennial All-Star Paul George. Anthony said he’s happy he had the no-trade clause put in his contract – that Jackson agreed to – otherwise he believes he would have traded him anywhere and for nothing.

“For sure,” Anthony said. “If that trade clause wasn’t [there], I’d have been God knows where because he was just ready to move on at that point.”

The 10-time All-Star couldn’t say what the final straw was for him, but it seemed to be an accumulation of things.

“The past two years was hard, it was a big burden on me, emotionally, mentally.” Anthony said.

A Jackson confidant wrote a column on the Knicks in January that said Anthony had “outlived his usefulness in New York.” Anthony believed it came right from Jackson. Things deteriorated from there. Anthony said he often wondered what he did wrong.

NBA videos

“This whole summer I always said that to myself, ‘Where did it go wrong, what did I do?’” Anthony said. “Honestly, I asked myself that. I can’t pinpoint where did it go wrong.

“I think we all know who. But I don’t know why? I don’t know why it went wrong.”

Anthony said he wished Jackson would have talked to him and not the media. He said they spoke twice last season. Once in Los Angeles, after Jackson called the Knicks’ lone All-Star a ball stopper in an interview with CBS Sports Network and during the “seven minute” exit interview.

“There wasn’t no conversations,” Anthony said. “It was hard, man. It was hard.”

Anthony said Jackson was honest during the April exit interview. It was after that meeting that Jackson said to reporters that he told Anthony he would be better off pursuing a championship somewhere else.

ADVERTISEMENT | ADVERTISE ON NEWSDAY
He thought he was going to be traded to Cleveland or Houston, but those deals fell through.

Anthony said things dragged on because new GM Scott Perry wanted to get something back for Anthony. He believes Kyrie Irving being traded to Boston for Isaiah Thomas, Jae Crowder, Ante Zizic and the Nets’ first round pick “put a dent” in his situation.

“Before that there was a couple deals that were supposed to be made. It was just a bunch of pieces, wasn’t a star for a star type of thing,” Anthony said. “That’s something I respect about Scott. Scott was very upfront, very honest, he’s like, ‘Look, I’m not giving you up for nothing. I’m just letting you know that. I respect you. I respect your game. I know what you bring to this game. I’m not giving you up for nothing.’”

Anthony has remained in contact with his old teammates. They were planning to have dinner together Wednesday night. But Anthony is expected to be all business Thursday night.

“Melo wants this, as he should,” George said. “Melo wants this game and we’re going to go out and get it for him.”

ADVERTISEMENT | ADVERTISE ON NEWSDAY
This is the first of two meetings this season. Anthony makes his Madison Square Garden return Dec. 16. But he’s happy to get the first one out of the way right away.

“This is an important game for me because it’s an opportunity for me to kind of go out there and kind of close that chapter,” he said. “I don’t think that chapter has been closed yet. I think tomorrow with me running out there on the court in a different uniform kind of closes that chapter.

“My first couple of years was exciting, was fun. We set out to do some great things. Unfortunately, it didn’t happen. But I won’t let the last two or three years overshadow the amount of fun I had in New York and being in New York.”

ES
AUTOADVERT
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/18/2017  8:13 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/18/2017  8:14 PM
Cry me a river.

Melos entire career as a knick was a complete waste. 50% on management 50% on Melo.

People argue that its not Melo fault but then you see stuff like this saying he wanted special treatment. "A conversion " yeah it's so hard. Tell that to a kid trying to make the team. A ****ing bitch that makes 25 mill wants a conversion. So damn corny. We need talent but we don't need pre Madonna **** boys that think they are bigger than the team. A players individual goals and brand shouldn't be above the team. Fuck this guy.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
ekstarks94
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6104

10/18/2017  9:18 PM
You marry a hoe...you might get the clap....not sure what is so hard to figure out....

Melo was Melo before and after the NY tenure.....

Phil...aside from Porzingis, Willy, and Frank....along with controlling all our picks....was not an executive that could have handled a trade like this properly.

Perry turned Phils chicken $hit...to chicken salad...

The more and more I read I like Perry...sounds like his own man respect first and foremost....

I hope they get a solid fair shot at the very least as long as Phils 3 years...to show that the org is on the right path

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/18/2017  9:56 PM
IMO if not for the NTC Phil would've probably done the trade with Portland. Who knows what kind of bidding war would've started with the entire league as an option. Phil trusted Melo and that was his biggest mistake. Giving Melo the NTC only served to hamstring Phil himself. Melo is only about Melo.

I can live with how things ended. It's over now. Phil made his own bed and it cost him his job. Melo is the freaking Angel of Death for any coach or GM that doesn't already have a great team and great player besides him. As a wingman Melo will be good. Knicks needed to move on.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/18/2017  10:26 PM
nixluva wrote:IMO if not for the NTC Phil would've probably done the trade with Portland. Who knows what kind of bidding war would've started with the entire league as an option. Phil trusted Melo and that was his biggest mistake. Giving Melo the NTC only served to hamstring Phil himself. Melo is only about Melo.

I can live with how things ended. It's over now. Phil made his own bed and it cost him his job. Melo is the freaking Angel of Death for any coach or GM that doesn't already have a great team and great player besides him. As a wingman Melo will be good. Knicks needed to move on.

Seems like Melo trusted Phil as well. Phil made horrible trades and free agent signings and there was no roster continuity. His coaching hires were pretty bad as well. Phil came in as lord of the rings. That was the guy Melo believed in when he resigned.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/18/2017  10:27 PM
Melo being dumped for nothing would have helped the team he got traded to.
But then it would be seen by him as disrespectful.
"Stabbed in the back"? Melo is culpable, he ****ed over MDA, and rejected the triangle when it would hurt his own stats.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/18/2017  10:47 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:IMO if not for the NTC Phil would've probably done the trade with Portland. Who knows what kind of bidding war would've started with the entire league as an option. Phil trusted Melo and that was his biggest mistake. Giving Melo the NTC only served to hamstring Phil himself. Melo is only about Melo.

Seems like Melo trusted Phil as well. Phil made horrible trades and free agent signings and there was no roster continuity. His coaching hires were pretty bad as well. Phil came in as lord of the rings. That was the guy Melo believed in when he resigned.

Melo was legitimately happy with Phil's attempts to give him some help. There weren't a TON of great options for Phil to bring in All Star talent. We all saw what happened each offseason. Who did Phil fail to go after the last 2 offseasons? Phil mostly got who he could get and it would help if Melo actually BOUGHT IN and gave MAX EFFORT. That's all that was left to do once you take your shot at Free Agency and you have to roll with the team you've got.

knicks1248
10/18/2017  11:54 PM
EnySpree wrote:Cry me a river.

Melos entire career as a knick was a complete waste. 50% on management 50% on Melo.

People argue that its not Melo fault but then you see stuff like this saying he wanted special treatment. "A conversion " yeah it's so hard. Tell that to a kid trying to make the team. A ****ing bitch that makes 25 mill wants a conversion. So damn corny. We need talent but we don't need pre Madonna **** boys that think they are bigger than the team. A players individual goals and brand shouldn't be above the team. Fuck this guy.

which of phils trades were you impress by?

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/19/2017  7:12 AM
knicks1248 wrote:

He trusted Phil, Phil trusted him. Seems they stabbed each other.
Phils Public statements were so damnng? Oh, please.
When has Melo cared more about winning? Melo was exiled and the new GM wanted him gone too.
Time to move on. Melo is hurt, Phil called him out. Melo is not used to being accountable publicly.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/19/2017  7:33 AM
There have been a lot of Knicks with horrible contracts that we should thank then
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/19/2017  8:09 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/19/2017  8:10 AM
Despite never being a melo fan I have usually given him props for acting professional or being a decent guy. However in this article he comes across very whiny and self centered. All he had to say was that "It didnt work out in New York I wish them luck but I'm excited to start this next chapter in OKC" That would have been a much better response. Instead he says he was "stabbed on the back" and how it was insulting that he would of been given away for "a bag of chips" Melo must have a short memory because The Knicks did cater to him for a lot of his tenure and gave him a lot of money and also sacrificed so much just to get him here.
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
10/19/2017  8:18 AM

We agree

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/19/2017  9:28 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

Right and when Phil dashed his dreams he stopped playing hard, sharing the ball and defending, at which point, and I quote "I stayed for the money."

Im with Eny... cry me a river. Lets just move on from this guy. I am sure we will see plenty of box scores posted as Melo thrives this year. Yawn. Who cares. Wasted era.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
EnySpree

10/19/2017  9:56 AM
knicks1248 wrote:

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Bonn1997
USA
10/19/2017  10:12 AM
knicks1248 wrote:

"50% on management" should make it obvious he was not impressed by Phil
EnySpree

10/19/2017  10:16 AM
Paris907 wrote:

We agree

The year after the 50 win season was it for me... Then last year was the last straw. Melo has had enough talent around him to at least make the playoffs those two years. He's the guy making the 20 plus mill. This is his team. He wants to be the man and get all the benefits, but not take responsibility for the bad. It's 50-50.... that to me is a fair assessment.

Melos gone now and watch the narrative be that Melo proved he can play at a high level in okc.... simply ignoring the fact he's probably the 3rd best superstar player on the team.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
10/19/2017  10:25 AM
This is the stupidest thing I ever heard. I didn't like the Melo trade to bring him here but he has grown on me specially the way he became DaddyMelo to the youngins...but...this **** just shows a bad side of him. Take the high road dude. Phil already helped you by being a dick in social media and you are painted the good guy.
Bonn1997
USA
10/19/2017  10:29 AM
NYKBocker wrote:This is the stupidest thing I ever heard. I didn't like the Melo trade to bring him here but he has grown on me specially the way he became DaddyMelo to the youngins...but...this **** just shows a bad side of him. Take the high road dude. Phil already helped you by being a dick in social media and you are painted the good guy.

Yeah, not sure if the OP is just desperate to find something positive to say about Melo but the idea of praising guys for having awful contracts that are hard to trade is crazy. Maybe we should also thank him for his bad defense and shot selection - it helped us get KP.
knicks1248
10/19/2017  11:43 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/19/2017  11:46 AM
EnySpree wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

look dude, phil fcked up, he handle the sht horrible wrong, here's why you have a talk with your star player

LaMarcus Aldridge was unhappy with the Spurs the past two seasons and Gregg Popovich understood why.

Their heart-to-heart talk has made basketball life much easier for Aldridge, and his comfort was apparent in the season opener.

Aldridge had 25 points and 10 rebounds, and San Antonio held on for a 107-99 victory over the Minnesota Timberwolves on Wednesday night while playing without leading scorer Kawhi Leonard.

"He just didn't feel comfortable and it's 98.75 percent on me," Popovich said of Aldridge's struggles. "I tried to change him, I tried to make him a different player and I think that really affected his ability to feel comfortable and confident on the court. And we took care of that, basically by me letting him know that we're going to do it differently."

San Antonio needs Aldridge to feel at ease with the team missing Leonard and Tony Parker to injuries. Even without them, the Spurs had enough to hold off the revamped Timberwolves.

This is the way you do business, not throw your players under the bus via the media(aldridge would be better playing somewhere else) and twitter

Aldridge played like crap since he's been in san an, is pop catering?

Phil should have got off his soap box, and coach for a yr to show melo, fisher or JH, how he truly wanted his triangle to be played..

that entire ordeal was as embarrassing as the larry and steph drama, MDA and Marbury, Ewing and Layden, this franchise as a history of bad PR

ES
Bonn1997
USA
10/19/2017  11:58 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

look dude, phil fcked up, he handle the sht horrible wrong, here's why you have a talk with your star player

LaMarcus Aldridge was unhappy with the Spurs the past two seasons and Gregg Popovich understood why.

Their heart-to-heart talk has made basketball life much easier for Aldridge, and his comfort was apparent in the season opener.

Aldridge had 25 points and 10 rebounds, and San Antonio held on for a 107-99 victory over the Minnesota Timberwolves on Wednesday night while playing without leading scorer Kawhi Leonard.

"He just didn't feel comfortable and it's 98.75 percent on me," Popovich said of Aldridge's struggles. "I tried to change him, I tried to make him a different player and I think that really affected his ability to feel comfortable and confident on the court. And we took care of that, basically by me letting him know that we're going to do it differently."

San Antonio needs Aldridge to feel at ease with the team missing Leonard and Tony Parker to injuries. Even without them, the Spurs had enough to hold off the revamped Timberwolves.

This is the way you do business, not throw your players under the bus via the media(aldridge would be better playing somewhere else) and twitter

Aldridge played like crap since he's been in san an, is pop catering?

Phil should have got off his soap box, and coach for a yr to show melo, fisher or JH, how he truly wanted his triangle to be played..

that entire ordeal was as embarrassing as the larry and steph drama, MDA and Marbury, Ewing and Layden, this franchise as a history of bad PR

I don't think anyone disagrees with this.
We should thank MELO for the NTC

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy