[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Should We Claim Wade Baldwin Off Of Waivers?
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/17/2017  4:39 PM
Final NBA mock draft 2016 with comments
Forum Index › NY Knicks Forum
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Next ›« Reply To Topic
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 8
6/13/2016 4:51 PM LAST EDITED: 6/22/2016 10:54 AM
Ill go like this top 30
#1 Jamal Murray--the alpha dog shot maker. Less athletic Kobe Bryant--his game is made for the NBA. Advanced skills in every dept. Can shoot out to 30 feet with high consistency but also has slash and drive skills. Can play lead guard--ultimate combo guard. Good not great athletic ability. Can finish at or above rim. Good size and length. To me hes a no brainer #1 there is no question to me that hes going to be a good-great NBA player and will be an immediate impact player.
#2 Branden Ingram--very long athletic player with KD like skills--dribble drive shoot. Versatile on both ends. Gets to the rim with the dribble and spin moves with ease using his length. Nice shot out to three. I question his intensity a bit.
#3 Buddy Hield--Shocking transformation from junior to senior year. Added muscle speed and has excellent body control. He has Steph Curry like 3 point ability--high volume high consistency 3 point game. Under rated slash agility and athleticism. Explosive potential in any game. Needs to work the middle game. Should be an immediate NBA impact spacer
#4 Ben Simmons Unique PF with PG skills. Position intensity and shooting an issue? Athletic skilled and big
#5 Marquesse Criss---Amare Stoudemire type PF with upper tier NBA athletic with some range out to 3.Has better defensive potential than Amare. Has a possibility of being the best player in the draft.
#6 Kriss Dunn--If he had a higher basketball IQ and a more consistent J hed easily go #1. Explosive long powerful PG with high level athletic ability Somewhere in the John Wall mold
#7 Wade Baldwin PG who resembles Russell Westbrook long arms great finisher good 3 point shootre lacks PG intangibles

I had him #7 in my last 2016 mock

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
10/17/2017  4:48 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Have we used up our two-way player allotment yet?

Were only at 16. I guess the bottom line is we are a rebuilding franchise and these types of moves make sense. When he came into the league--I thought hed be a poor mans Westbrook. The schmeal here is what can we offer--nothing in 2018 1st or 2nd rd. The best we can do is the 2020 2nd rd or a player swap with --say Oquinn.

He was waived. We don't need to offer anything. He just would have to clear waivers and choose to come to NY.

But is alarming that a team would waive a 2nd yr first round pick with G-league options. He has nice physical tools but does he know how to play bball?

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
10/17/2017  5:05 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Have we used up our two-way player allotment yet?

Were only at 16. I guess the bottom line is we are a rebuilding franchise and these types of moves make sense. When he came into the league--I thought hed be a poor mans Westbrook. The schmeal here is what can we offer--nothing in 2018 1st or 2nd rd. The best we can do is the 2020 2nd rd or a player swap with --say Oquinn.

He was waived. We don't need to offer anything. He just would have to clear waivers and choose to come to NY.

But is alarming that a team would waive a 2nd yr first round pick with G-league options. He has nice physical tools but does he know how to play bball?

If you saw this guy--right now hed be a junior 6-4 PG watch the whole video--where would you put him? In a faster system than Memphis he could be much different.

RIP Crushalot😞
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
10/17/2017  5:30 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/17/2017  5:31 PM
reub
Member: #6227

10/17/2017  7:12 PM
@DWolfsonKSTP
Follow Follow @DWolfsonKSTP
More
Many Wade Baldwin questions in my timeline. No #Twolves interest shown so far. Hear #Rockets, #NYKnicks, + Pelicans among those w/ interest.
TripleThreat
Member: #3997

10/17/2017  10:06 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:But is alarming that a team would waive a 2nd yr first round pick with G-league options. He has nice physical tools but does he know how to play bball?

Very interesting tool set and length. Has the physical make up to be an NBA rotation player.

Problems

A) He can't run an NBA offense. Doesn't play to a role, any role, much less a PG role. At lower levels and against lesser competition, he relies on his athleticism, that's not going to cut it at NBA game speed

B) He's an @sshole. He's a locker room nightmare. He's a "There's always something" guy. I.E. no matter what, all the time, "there's always something" wrong related to him and everyone else and he's the common denominator.

If he had Courtney Lee or Patrick Beverley's work ethic and mindset, he'd be an NBA starter already.

If you put him on the Knicks, I assure you Frank Ntilikina will end up stabbed on the team bus within a week. I'm kidding. I'm not kidding. Well, as the saying goes, if she's hot enough, someone will put up with her ****, if she's not hot enough, she better learn to cook.

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

10/18/2017  11:19 AM
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
martin wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
reub wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:Wow...I was expecting to see Briggs pop into this thread, but yeah, you know the deal. YouTube vid with some beats reub. That rookie mistake alone already has me doubting him.

Bring Briggs back and let him do it. I'm just a placeholder.

Not sure what Briggs did but he is the only poster that offered to treat everyone here to a Knicks game a while back. Seems like that should be a get out of jail free card. I know some guys went.

i think its an atrocity that briggs was booted from this forum, absolute atrocity. it was largely due to his posting in the OT threads, which is why i said a few times that those threads do no good to a basketball forum. because of someones political views we lost a great (albeit annoying at times) basketball poster. this forum is worse off without briggs.

and yes crush, briggs did do that and i was one of those who went.. briggs also helped out a poster or two when they needed it.

I'm going to push back on your post. Everyone has a responsibility to post in a way that is respectful to others. Every once in a while any of us can get out of hand, emotional, flippant, sarcastic, use colorful language, misunderstood whatever, it doesn't take too much to read over what you have personally written, read some of the feedback, and take a step back and correct, re-word, engage where appropriate.

nyk4ever, if you don't care for the OT threads, skip over them, they are easily identifiable. During the offseason we do let a few more of the pertinent topics float into the Knicks forum, it's going to stay that way, during the season we will manage them differently.

i've been debating whether or not i want to respond this, mostly because i like you and andrew and i more than respect and appreciate you guys for running this site as long as you have.. it's honestly a thankless job. you guys give us an outlet to talk KNICKS and we've grown quite the community here. but i guess when it comes down to it, as a guy who'se been here a really damn long time, i just don't understand why there is a need to have political threads on a basketball forum? there are so many places where someone can go and talk about that stuff, it doesn't have to be here. i think those types of discussions typically do not bring out the best in posters, without a doubt. whether anyone agrees with what briggs says or not (and i've been one of his biggest critics and more times than not have bitched him out for being self-aggrandizing) the guy brought some serious basketball knowledge to this forum. i just don't think its fruitful to ban a poster such as briggs for his comments in political OT topics. when we're losing posters because of their thoughts in politics threads, i think we are cutting our nose to spite our face. briggs was a big part of this forum and we shouldn't lose his posting due to his comments on politics.

there we go - you know where i stand. whatever you decide, i respect it and ill keep quiet on this from here on out, but at least i get my feelings out there.

To add my 2 cents before we drop this topic. I don't think it mattered if it was political talk or basketball talk. I'm pretty sure the issue with the mods leading to suspension had more to do with failing to listen and follow the rules. Many people spoke within the political threads expressing different views. So can't blame the political threads. Just like if debates got heated talking about basketball. And users didn't follow the rules or listen to the mods during bball debates leading to continual ugly exchanges. Briggs got put in timeout due to his own decisions. Now he's back and we can all move forward with the new season.

Yes, thanks.

Huh. I assumed it was a moral stand based on the fact he justified sexual assault, outright admitted to being guilty of it himself, baselessly accused every male here of being guilty of it too, denies racism exists, and tells black people they're lying they are the problem that they ever claim to have experienced it.

Turns out he just violated forum rules, as opposed to women and common decency.

My mistake.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/18/2017  11:29 AM
Knickoftime wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
martin wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
reub wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:Wow...I was expecting to see Briggs pop into this thread, but yeah, you know the deal. YouTube vid with some beats reub. That rookie mistake alone already has me doubting him.

Not sure what Briggs did but he is the only poster that offered to treat everyone here to a Knicks game a while back. Seems like that should be a get out of jail free card. I know some guys went.

i think its an atrocity that briggs was booted from this forum, absolute atrocity. it was largely due to his posting in the OT threads, which is why i said a few times that those threads do no good to a basketball forum. because of someones political views we lost a great (albeit annoying at times) basketball poster. this forum is worse off without briggs.

and yes crush, briggs did do that and i was one of those who went.. briggs also helped out a poster or two when they needed it.

I'm going to push back on your post. Everyone has a responsibility to post in a way that is respectful to others. Every once in a while any of us can get out of hand, emotional, flippant, sarcastic, use colorful language, misunderstood whatever, it doesn't take too much to read over what you have personally written, read some of the feedback, and take a step back and correct, re-word, engage where appropriate.

nyk4ever, if you don't care for the OT threads, skip over them, they are easily identifiable. During the offseason we do let a few more of the pertinent topics float into the Knicks forum, it's going to stay that way, during the season we will manage them differently.

i've been debating whether or not i want to respond this, mostly because i like you and andrew and i more than respect and appreciate you guys for running this site as long as you have.. it's honestly a thankless job. you guys give us an outlet to talk KNICKS and we've grown quite the community here. but i guess when it comes down to it, as a guy who'se been here a really damn long time, i just don't understand why there is a need to have political threads on a basketball forum? there are so many places where someone can go and talk about that stuff, it doesn't have to be here. i think those types of discussions typically do not bring out the best in posters, without a doubt. whether anyone agrees with what briggs says or not (and i've been one of his biggest critics and more times than not have bitched him out for being self-aggrandizing) the guy brought some serious basketball knowledge to this forum. i just don't think its fruitful to ban a poster such as briggs for his comments in political OT topics. when we're losing posters because of their thoughts in politics threads, i think we are cutting our nose to spite our face. briggs was a big part of this forum and we shouldn't lose his posting due to his comments on politics.

there we go - you know where i stand. whatever you decide, i respect it and ill keep quiet on this from here on out, but at least i get my feelings out there.

To add my 2 cents before we drop this topic. I don't think it mattered if it was political talk or basketball talk. I'm pretty sure the issue with the mods leading to suspension had more to do with failing to listen and follow the rules. Many people spoke within the political threads expressing different views. So can't blame the political threads. Just like if debates got heated talking about basketball. And users didn't follow the rules or listen to the mods during bball debates leading to continual ugly exchanges. Briggs got put in timeout due to his own decisions. Now he's back and we can all move forward with the new season.

Yes, thanks.

Huh. I assumed it was a moral stand based on the fact he justified sexual assault, outright admitted to being guilty of it himself, baselessly accused every male here of being guilty of it too, denies racism exists, and tells black people they're lying they are the problem that they ever claim to have experienced it.

My mistake.

Maybe you should take a knee next time the Ultimate Knicks anthem plays.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/18/2017  12:10 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
martin wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
reub wrote:

Yes, thanks.

My mistake.

Man you can be a real ******* sometimes. Again, how does this help me out or any of us out? I can certainly thank someone and agree with them and not have it exclusively mean everything I would like.

I'd like to move on, I hope you do too, otherwise let's take it offline.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
newyorknewyork
10/18/2017  12:10 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
martin wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
reub wrote:

Yes, thanks.

My mistake.

The point was more toward the blaming of political talk as the reason. Even if it was bball talk, if lines were crossed it would be the same result.

Martin and Andrew created this site for bball talk though. They don't really have a obligation to hold people accountable for their political views. What they are obligated to hold people accountable for is following the rules and guidelines they set. So I can see why that would hold more value in this instance.

With that said I don't know Briggs personally. But apparently he has built up a lot of equity over the years with his actions. And that's the judgement call the mods have to make. So i'm sure all these things have been considered. As well as how many times in the past Briggs has been suspended for crossing those lines etc..

Gustovballer(spell?) made a post in another thread. That while he didn't agree with Briggs views. He knows many people like him. And feels his views come more so out of fear then anything else and for Martin to consider removing the suspension/ban. So that's 2 separate people. Who have 2 different view points on Briggs statements.

Being a mod ain't easy.

newyorknewyork
10/18/2017  12:15 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:But is alarming that a team would waive a 2nd yr first round pick with G-league options. He has nice physical tools but does he know how to play bball?

Very interesting tool set and length. Has the physical make up to be an NBA rotation player.

Problems

A) He can't run an NBA offense. Doesn't play to a role, any role, much less a PG role. At lower levels and against lesser competition, he relies on his athleticism, that's not going to cut it at NBA game speed

B) He's an @sshole. He's a locker room nightmare. He's a "There's always something" guy. I.E. no matter what, all the time, "there's always something" wrong related to him and everyone else and he's the common denominator.

If he had Courtney Lee or Patrick Beverley's work ethic and mindset, he'd be an NBA starter already.

If you put him on the Knicks, I assure you Frank Ntilikina will end up stabbed on the team bus within a week. I'm kidding. I'm not kidding. Well, as the saying goes, if she's hot enough, someone will put up with her ****, if she's not hot enough, she better learn to cook.

Are these options for what could be the case? Or are these issues that have been confirmed as problems?

Knickoftime

10/18/2017  12:36 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:Martin and Andrew created this site for bball talk though. They don't really have a obligation to hold people accountable for their political views.

I would in no way advocate anyone being removed from the forum for political views either. I enjoy the political threats, because I actually like discussing issues like this with people I don't agree with.

Neither of the things I've referenced is a "political view." That is my whole point. It's frightening that we're now reasoning that what is or isn't assaulting a woman is now defined by your political ideology.

I mean, wtf?

Knickoftime

10/18/2017  12:49 PM
martin wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
martin wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
reub wrote:

Yes, thanks.

My mistake.

Man you can be a real ******* sometimes. Again, how does this help me out or any of us out? I can certainly thank someone and agree with them and not have it exclusively mean everything I would like.

Martin, this is your forum, if you think calling me names is appropriate, that's your right. I think I'm standing up for common decency.

As I said in the previous post, neither thing I reference is a political viewpoint. One is advocation of a crime. I neither embellished or mischaracterized what was posted. It is clear as day. I have no idea what the dilemma you face or what the gray area is here.

I will continue to speak out about this here, so long as I'm told the things that were posted are just political views that are different than mine, and that's the message I'm receiving.

If for those reasons I'M the guy you ultimately want to remove, again I'd respect your choice, and I can promise you I won't be emailing you pleading my way back.

If you'd like to tell me how I'm wrong about any of this, I'm listening.

nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
10/18/2017  12:58 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
martin wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
reub wrote:

Yes, thanks.

My mistake.

both martin and andrew are great and have a tough job here. they are doing what they can with the information that they have and a lot more goes on behind the scenes with posters, than any of one of us know. they do their due diligence and what they can.

you shouldn't be looking for the removal of any poster, by the way. it's not a good look.

"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/18/2017  1:00 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
martin wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
martin wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
reub wrote:

Yes, thanks.

My mistake.

Martin, this is your forum, if you think calling me names is appropriate, that's your right. I think I'm standing up for common decency.

As I said in the previous post, neither thing I reference is a political viewpoint. One is advocation of a crime. I neither embellished or mischaracterized what was posted. It is clear as day. I have no idea what the dilemma you face or what the gray area is here.

I will continue to speak out about this here, so long as I'm told the things that were posted are just political views that are different than mine, and that's the message I'm receiving.

If for those reasons I'M the guy you ultimately want to remove, again I'd respect your choice, and I can promise you I won't be emailing you pleading my way back.

Why are we rehashing this and not moving on?

People say dumb things all the time and lots of posters responded accordingly to it at the time. Why do you feel the need to talk about this again?

You make a lot of very poor assumptions. I agreed with what nyny wrote and you made it out to be something that it wasn't. Flat wrong and conflating two different topics.

NYNY further commented at a high level on a political thread and you turned it around to be a comment on the topic you want to discuss. Two different things.

You have locked on to a topic that no one is referring to but yourself and wasting all of our collective time on it.

I am asking you very directly again: how does this help me out or any of us out? I am also asking you to drop it.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knickoftime

10/18/2017  1:26 PM
nyk4ever wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
martin wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
reub wrote:

Yes, thanks.

My mistake.

both martin and andrew are great and have a tough job here. they are doing what they can with the information that they have and a lot more goes on behind the scenes with posters, than any of one of us know. they do their due diligence and what they can.

you shouldn't be looking for the removal of any poster, by the way. it's not a good look.

I can live with that. I'd rather be that guy than one who is complicit in normalizing the things that were posted. I have no comment on the overall job that is done other than the specific issue at hand. Other than this you're probably right.

Chandler
Member: #6197

10/18/2017  1:30 PM
martin wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
martin wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
martin wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
reub wrote:

Yes, thanks.

My mistake.

People say dumb things all the time and lots of posters responded accordingly to it at the time. Why do you feel the need to talk about this again?

You make a lot of very poor assumptions. I agreed with what nyny wrote and you made it out to be something that it wasn't. Flat wrong and conflating two different topics.

NYNY further commented at a high level on a political thread and you turned it around to be a comment on the topic you want to discuss. Two different things.

You have locked on to a topic that no one is referring to but yourself and wasting all of our collective time on it.

I am asking you very directly again: how does this help me out or any of us out? I am also asking you to drop it.

if we're allowed to vote on this matter, I'm the first to say I wouldn't miss the guy. He's pompous and almost every single thread he enters is to agitate for the sake of it; what may fairly be considered trolling

(5)(5)
Knickoftime

10/18/2017  1:43 PM
martin wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
martin wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
martin wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
reub wrote:

Yes, thanks.

My mistake.

I'm not moving on for two reasons - 1.) I think it's important; 2.) I did not raise the issue. I have not started a thread on this, I did not raise the issue in this thread. I am responding to an issue raised by and commenting on here by others, including yourself.

Are you aware of what's going on in Hollywood the last 10 days, and is now entering the sports world too? This is no small, trivial matter. You accuse me making poor assumptions, but you characterize what was posted as merely a common "dumb" remark. No I don't agree, and I hate that it's being dismissed like that. I've been given NO reason to believe what was posted wasn't an accurate reflection of feelings and actions, and those things weren't just "dumb."

But I can see the direction this is going, and that's fine. I'm going to have to agree this is just a minor trivial matter that we don't like to talk about anymore, or it'll be me who'll be the one forced off. And I can live with that, because I don't agree that "people say dumb things all the time," is appropriate to what we're referring to.

TripleThreat
Member: #3997

10/18/2017  3:44 PM
Knickoftime wrote:Huh. I assumed it was a moral stand based on the fact he justified sexual assault, outright admitted to being guilty of it himself, baselessly accused every male here of being guilty of it too, denies racism exists, and tells black people they're lying they are the problem that they ever claim to have experienced it.

My mistake.

Here's some MOTHER F**KING COMMON DECENCY FOR EVERYONE.

THIS IS A BASKETBALL THREAD.

ABOUT. BASKETBALL.

Yes, sometimes discussion of non basketball events actually impact NBA teams. Do I care what Chris Bosh does in his personal life? No. Do I care how he likes to dress up when no one is looking and what cover story he needs to make it all sound and feel better for himself? No. But when the CBA changes a rule simply for Bosh as precedent, that could impact a future Knicks situation or a trade to the Knicks, that's something non direct that actually becomes relevant. If STAT goes on a wine bath tour instead of working on any kind of defense. That's non direct that become relevant. If Melo gets divorced because he knocked up a stripper, and now the media fallout might have made him want to waive his NTC, that's non direct that become relevant.

You guys have a f**king Off Topic section. I don't talk politics on this forum for a reason. Go there and hate each other. Feel free to leave the rest of us talking about basketball alone.

And guess what, if you have an OFF TOPIC thread about politics, odds are, you are gonna hear some **** you don't agree with and don't like. Trying to censor one or a few dudes for their views, no matter how off the wall to others, but not others, that doesn't make much sense to me either.

Mother f**king no one here should ever use the words "common decency" when they just hijacked a legit basketball thread. Look, now you made Wade Baldwin's mother cry.

Real life concept, not just an internet one, not just a political one. As a MAN, you get as much as the VALUE you bring into any situation. The dude on the team hitting 40 home runs a year gets to wave his swinging d*c around some. Derek Jeter gets to come late to an appointment. Briggs, I think he has close to no clue how the actual NBA marketplace operates, but he posts a lot and he generates a lot of ancillary discussion. That's a value to this place. So he'll get some more slack cut for him. That's just how it works. I post more actual CBA and marketplace discussion than anyone here. So odds are I'll get to tell you all to take your political happy horse**** somewhere else where it's supposed to go. That's just how it works.

If you have a problem with Briggs, or anyone, present so much VALUE that your displeasure costs the place so much VALUE that they are compelled to do what you want. Some dude stole Derek Jeters glove out of the Yankees locker room. Jeter said, get this @sshole off my team, so they did. You think that's the same if someone stole Pat Kelly's glove?

If I was Wade Baldwin's mother, I'd slap the ever living **** out of some of you.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/18/2017  3:52 PM
wait Im confused, did Wade Baldwin's mom really cry? Damn
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Should We Claim Wade Baldwin Off Of Waivers?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy