[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Should We Claim Wade Baldwin Off Of Waivers?
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/17/2017  10:58 AM
awe1028 wrote:Not trying to stir up any trouble but am wondering what happened to get Briggs suspended/banned. I had noticed that he had not been posting of late. But thought it was simply life getting in the way as it does for all of us. And now I am reading that he is suspended/banned. Why what happened.

They need to banned the political threads, thats ridiculous that they banned him..15 yrs worth of posting..unbelievable Martin

ES
AUTOADVERT
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

10/17/2017  11:25 AM
I watch way more college basketball than most of you and I had to look up where Wade played. Considering he's a year removed from college, that's pretty damning. I would pass. They probably got tricked into drafting him because he measured well and put up decent stats in the SEC, which absolute trash for college hoops... that's what happens when football is 1, 2, and 3 at those schools
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
10/17/2017  11:27 AM
martin wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
reub wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:Wow...I was expecting to see Briggs pop into this thread, but yeah, you know the deal. YouTube vid with some beats reub. That rookie mistake alone already has me doubting him.

Bring Briggs back and let him do it. I'm just a placeholder.

Not sure what Briggs did but he is the only poster that offered to treat everyone here to a Knicks game a while back. Seems like that should be a get out of jail free card. I know some guys went.

i think its an atrocity that briggs was booted from this forum, absolute atrocity. it was largely due to his posting in the OT threads, which is why i said a few times that those threads do no good to a basketball forum. because of someones political views we lost a great (albeit annoying at times) basketball poster. this forum is worse off without briggs.

and yes crush, briggs did do that and i was one of those who went.. briggs also helped out a poster or two when they needed it.

I'm going to push back on your post. Everyone has a responsibility to post in a way that is respectful to others. Every once in a while any of us can get out of hand, emotional, flippant, sarcastic, use colorful language, misunderstood whatever, it doesn't take too much to read over what you have personally written, read some of the feedback, and take a step back and correct, re-word, engage where appropriate.

nyk4ever, if you don't care for the OT threads, skip over them, they are easily identifiable. During the offseason we do let a few more of the pertinent topics float into the Knicks forum, it's going to stay that way, during the season we will manage them differently.

i've been debating whether or not i want to respond this, mostly because i like you and andrew and i more than respect and appreciate you guys for running this site as long as you have.. it's honestly a thankless job. you guys give us an outlet to talk KNICKS and we've grown quite the community here. but i guess when it comes down to it, as a guy who'se been here a really damn long time, i just don't understand why there is a need to have political threads on a basketball forum? there are so many places where someone can go and talk about that stuff, it doesn't have to be here. i think those types of discussions typically do not bring out the best in posters, without a doubt. whether anyone agrees with what briggs says or not (and i've been one of his biggest critics and more times than not have bitched him out for being self-aggrandizing) the guy brought some serious basketball knowledge to this forum. i just don't think its fruitful to ban a poster such as briggs for his comments in political OT topics. when we're losing posters because of their thoughts in politics threads, i think we are cutting our nose to spite our face. briggs was a big part of this forum and we shouldn't lose his posting due to his comments on politics.

there we go - you know where i stand. whatever you decide, i respect it and ill keep quiet on this from here on out, but at least i get my feelings out there.

"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/17/2017  12:57 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:I watch way more college basketball than most of you and I had to look up where Wade played. Considering he's a year removed from college, that's pretty damning. I would pass. They probably got tricked into drafting him because he measured well and put up decent stats in the SEC, which absolute trash for college hoops... that's what happens when football is 1, 2, and 3 at those schools

http://hoopshype.com/2017/10/16/grizzlies-offered-second-contract-to-first-round-pick-only-once-since-2001/
I think it's a problem with the Grizzlies player personnel and scouting departments. They're starting to get a bad reputation in the player development department.

Others selected early who did not continue with the team include Tony Wroten (2012), Xavier Henry (2010) and Greivis Vasquez (2010). All three played just one season with Memphis.

That doesn't include the guys they just gave up on who went on to become player, or the hasheem thabeet disaster.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
newyorker4ever
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5816

10/17/2017  1:24 PM
reub wrote:The Bulls just claimed Kay Felder off of waivers and now they have Jerian Grant as well as Felder. How much point guard talent is one team allowed to have?

They also have Cameron Payne.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/17/2017  1:34 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
reub wrote:The Bulls just claimed Kay Felder off of waivers and now they have Jerian Grant as well as Felder. How much point guard talent is one team allowed to have?

They also have Cameron Payne.

who is like the worst player ever
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/17/2017  1:52 PM
I think they'll(Memphis) end up trading him for a 2nd round pick or player etc.--I doubt he is released. There are a lot of physical things there you like at 6-4 200. He hasnt proven he can shoot at the nBA level BUT he was a good 3 point shooter in college. He seems like a guy who could get better--but we have significant investment in that already?

Right now we have Baker Frank Sessions Jack and Burke --tremendous log jam.

RIP Crushalot😞
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/17/2017  1:57 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
awe1028 wrote:Not trying to stir up any trouble but am wondering what happened to get Briggs suspended/banned. I had noticed that he had not been posting of late. But thought it was simply life getting in the way as it does for all of us. And now I am reading that he is suspended/banned. Why what happened.

They need to banned the political threads, thats ridiculous that they banned him..15 yrs worth of posting..unbelievable Martin

Sometimes guys need a break. I been banned a few times. Then we went on a romantic trip to Montreal with 2 other guys. Everything worked out

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/17/2017  2:00 PM
EnySpree wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Sometimes guys need a break. I been banned a few times. Then we went on a romantic trip to Montreal with 2 other guys. Everything worked out

Bro you fell asleep during dinner and almost missed out on the whole pig-head fest

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
USA
10/17/2017  2:02 PM
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Bro you fell asleep during dinner and almost missed out on the whole pig-head fest

dude's a vegetarian.. sure he was "sleeping?" Maybe seeing Su and that much pork together together made him uncomfortable
fishmike
USA
10/17/2017  2:05 PM
BRIGGS wrote:I think they'll(Memphis) end up trading him for a 2nd round pick or player etc.--I doubt he is released. There are a lot of physical things there you like at 6-4 200. He hasnt proven he can shoot at the nBA level BUT he was a good 3 point shooter in college. He seems like a guy who could get better--but we have significant investment in that already?

We have some commitment to Baker, at least for this year but he's gotta shoot it better. Frank is looking at 20 mins a game unless he immediately sparkles like KP did, but one cant expect that. Sessions and Jack are the ultimate stop gap place holders... I think there are definitely PG minutes that can be won here, especially if you are a younger player.
martin
USA
10/17/2017  2:06 PM
fishmike wrote:
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

dude's a vegetarian.. sure he was "sleeping?" Maybe seeing Su and that much pork together together made him uncomfortable

it was when Su popped out one of the eye balls and sucked it down so quickly and naturally and with the whole smacking of lips hhmm hmm good thing that really got it rolling

fishmike
USA
10/17/2017  2:12 PM
martin wrote:
fishmike wrote:
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

it was when Su popped out one of the eye balls and sucked it down so quickly and naturally and with the whole smacking of lips hhmm hmm good thing that really got it rolling

lmao... ahhh... just like back home. So good.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/17/2017  3:30 PM
BRIGGS wrote:I think they'll(Memphis) end up trading him for a 2nd round pick or player etc.--I doubt he is released. There are a lot of physical things there you like at 6-4 200. He hasnt proven he can shoot at the nBA level BUT he was a good 3 point shooter in college. He seems like a guy who could get better--but we have significant investment in that already?

Hoop on!!!!!

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
10/17/2017  3:43 PM
nyk4ever wrote:
martin wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
reub wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:Wow...I was expecting to see Briggs pop into this thread, but yeah, you know the deal. YouTube vid with some beats reub. That rookie mistake alone already has me doubting him.

Not sure what Briggs did but he is the only poster that offered to treat everyone here to a Knicks game a while back. Seems like that should be a get out of jail free card. I know some guys went.

i think its an atrocity that briggs was booted from this forum, absolute atrocity. it was largely due to his posting in the OT threads, which is why i said a few times that those threads do no good to a basketball forum. because of someones political views we lost a great (albeit annoying at times) basketball poster. this forum is worse off without briggs.

and yes crush, briggs did do that and i was one of those who went.. briggs also helped out a poster or two when they needed it.

I'm going to push back on your post. Everyone has a responsibility to post in a way that is respectful to others. Every once in a while any of us can get out of hand, emotional, flippant, sarcastic, use colorful language, misunderstood whatever, it doesn't take too much to read over what you have personally written, read some of the feedback, and take a step back and correct, re-word, engage where appropriate.

nyk4ever, if you don't care for the OT threads, skip over them, they are easily identifiable. During the offseason we do let a few more of the pertinent topics float into the Knicks forum, it's going to stay that way, during the season we will manage them differently.

i've been debating whether or not i want to respond this, mostly because i like you and andrew and i more than respect and appreciate you guys for running this site as long as you have.. it's honestly a thankless job. you guys give us an outlet to talk KNICKS and we've grown quite the community here. but i guess when it comes down to it, as a guy who'se been here a really damn long time, i just don't understand why there is a need to have political threads on a basketball forum? there are so many places where someone can go and talk about that stuff, it doesn't have to be here. i think those types of discussions typically do not bring out the best in posters, without a doubt. whether anyone agrees with what briggs says or not (and i've been one of his biggest critics and more times than not have bitched him out for being self-aggrandizing) the guy brought some serious basketball knowledge to this forum. i just don't think its fruitful to ban a poster such as briggs for his comments in political OT topics. when we're losing posters because of their thoughts in politics threads, i think we are cutting our nose to spite our face. briggs was a big part of this forum and we shouldn't lose his posting due to his comments on politics.

there we go - you know where i stand. whatever you decide, i respect it and ill keep quiet on this from here on out, but at least i get my feelings out there.

To add my 2 cents before we drop this topic. I don't think it mattered if it was political talk or basketball talk. I'm pretty sure the issue with the mods leading to suspension had more to do with failing to listen and follow the rules. Many people spoke within the political threads expressing different views. So can't blame the political threads. Just like if debates got heated talking about basketball. And users didn't follow the rules or listen to the mods during bball debates leading to continual ugly exchanges. Briggs got put in timeout due to his own decisions. Now he's back and we can all move forward with the new season.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
martin
USA
10/17/2017  3:50 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
martin wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
reub wrote:

To add my 2 cents before we drop this topic. I don't think it mattered if it was political talk or basketball talk. I'm pretty sure the issue with the mods leading to suspension had more to do with failing to listen and follow the rules. Many people spoke within the political threads expressing different views. So can't blame the political threads. Just like if debates got heated talking about basketball. And users didn't follow the rules or listen to the mods during bball debates leading to continual ugly exchanges. Briggs got put in timeout due to his own decisions. Now he's back and we can all move forward with the new season.

Yes, thanks.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/17/2017  4:08 PM
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/17/2017  4:20 PM
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/17/2017  4:20 PM
nixluva wrote:

Have we used up our two-way player allotment yet?

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/17/2017  4:36 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Have we used up our two-way player allotment yet?

Were only at 16. I guess the bottom line is we are a rebuilding franchise and these types of moves make sense. When he came into the league--I thought hed be a poor mans Westbrook. The schmeal here is what can we offer--nothing in 2018 1st or 2nd rd. The best we can do is the 2020 2nd rd or a player swap with --say Oquinn.

RIP Crushalot😞
Should We Claim Wade Baldwin Off Of Waivers?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy