[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game thread: "Knicks now KP, the boy wonder, take on Melo and the Thunder"!
Author Thread
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/18/2017  4:28 PM
We wont beat OKC with defense. KP, Kanter, would like to see them doing damage in the paint, and the backcourt coming up with some timely 3 point shooting as well. If THJ can keep taking it to the rim, that would be a big help this season.

The best outcome for Frank IMO is for him to get through the next few months without getting sidelined again, more important than his play right now. Cant learn, progress, without playing time.

AUTOADVERT
yellowboy90
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3538

10/18/2017  5:01 PM
I think it will be real close. George and Melo will need a lot of time to adjust their games with and I doubt they will move and gel like they will need to do to attack the Knicks.
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
10/18/2017  5:20 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/18/2017  5:21 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
EnySpree wrote:I just want to see a professional basketball game. We are clearly outmatched with their big three... but we can stl put 5 guys out there that could compete.... coaching and on the floor determination had to be on point. Gotta keep that rotation tight. Can't go over 10. Would like to see 9

Think we are going to hang in there. Like that we are a deeper team this year. Our guys want to prove themselves and their Big 3 all the pressure. I expect a close game and a lot more wins this year than most.

Suddenly we are going to play defense because we keep seeing the word 'simple' over and over again?

IMHO, Westbrook is not exactly the genius way to break in a 19 year old French kid with 0 NBA experience... I don't care if his arms are 20 feet long... I'd play Frank pretty sparingly and let Sessions and Baker take the beating...

Going to be interesting to see if we can keep them even partially off the offensive glass...

I wish Noah wasn't suspended... if he is in half as good a shape as is being reported, we could really use his D and rebounding for this game...

Lol. 20 ft. wingspan. Isn't that how everyone is picking their lotto pick? I am just believing what everyone here is saying. But do think anything is better than Sasha, Langston, Grant, AA and all the others we were suppose to win with.

Wingspan is good. Fewest ACL replacements is also good

I think his IQ, work ethic, love for the game, also had something to do with it.

Yiu just named qualities in every player in the NBA draft. He has good length, pro experience and seems composed. We will find out in a couple of years if he was a good pick. But I was referring to the TEAM being better defensively. Think we are deeper and more athletic but we will see if that translates into a better defensive team and more wins.

Maybe I am mistaken but you were saying we drafted him just for his wingspan. As if he is a raw project solely getting bye on his measurements. I don't believe this to be the case with him. I believe he was considered a lottery pick because scouts viewed him as someone who can really play the game. His wingspan is what gives him added potential. His wingspan wouldn't mean anything if he actually didn't have the attitude to dig in defensively though. In the limited time he has played, the fighting over and disrupting the PNRs was evident by his effort and IQ. His ability to play angles and cover a lot of ground and switch off to different players was evident. While wingspan helped his IQ and effort was more so on display. His ability and willingness to distribute and find teammates and be composed as you stated. His jumper didn't fall during the game but his form was a thing of beauty.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

10/18/2017  5:58 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/18/2017  5:58 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
EnySpree wrote:I just want to see a professional basketball game. We are clearly outmatched with their big three... but we can stl put 5 guys out there that could compete.... coaching and on the floor determination had to be on point. Gotta keep that rotation tight. Can't go over 10. Would like to see 9

Think we are going to hang in there. Like that we are a deeper team this year. Our guys want to prove themselves and their Big 3 all the pressure. I expect a close game and a lot more wins this year than most.

Suddenly we are going to play defense because we keep seeing the word 'simple' over and over again?

IMHO, Westbrook is not exactly the genius way to break in a 19 year old French kid with 0 NBA experience... I don't care if his arms are 20 feet long... I'd play Frank pretty sparingly and let Sessions and Baker take the beating...

Going to be interesting to see if we can keep them even partially off the offensive glass...

I wish Noah wasn't suspended... if he is in half as good a shape as is being reported, we could really use his D and rebounding for this game...

Lol. 20 ft. wingspan. Isn't that how everyone is picking their lotto pick? I am just believing what everyone here is saying. But do think anything is better than Sasha, Langston, Grant, AA and all the others we were suppose to win with.

I think his IQ, work ethic, love for the game, also had something to do with it.

Yiu just named qualities in every player in the NBA draft. He has good length, pro experience and seems composed. We will find out in a couple of years if he was a good pick. But I was referring to the TEAM being better defensively. Think we are deeper and more athletic but we will see if that translates into a better defensive team and more wins.

Maybe I am mistaken but you were saying we drafted him just for his wingspan. As if he is a raw project solely getting bye on his measurements. I don't believe this to be the case with him. I believe he was considered a lottery pick because scouts viewed him as someone who can really play the game. His wingspan is what gives him added potential. His wingspan wouldn't mean anything if he actually didn't have the attitude to dig in defensively though. In the limited time he has played, the fighting over and disrupting the PNRs was evident by his effort and IQ. His ability to play angles and cover a lot of ground and switch off to different players was evident. While wingspan helped his IQ and effort was more so on display. His ability and willingness to distribute and find teammates and be composed as you stated. His jumper didn't fall during the game but his form was a thing of beauty.

Did not think his attributes made him a top ten pick. As length and defense can be had in later rounds. Imo. But definately don't think anyone can judge either way, this early, as it will take more than a sampling from French league and 1 PS game. I do hope you are right though.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
newyorknewyork
10/18/2017  6:29 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

Did not think his attributes made him a top ten pick. As length and defense can be had in later rounds. Imo. But definately don't think anyone can judge either way, this early, as it will take more than a sampling from French league and 1 PS game. I do hope you are right though.

I feel Frank will win you over one day. I think his potential is that he will be a complete guard in the Mike Conley type of mold. Plays tough defense and disrupts PNRs, pass first getting teammates engaged constantly. Take the offense that given to him within the flow. Knock down jumpers and play off ball.

Def needs to show he can stay on the court though or none of that will matter.

knicks1248
Member: #582
10/18/2017  8:06 PM
Nalod wrote:My prediction is the game will be a mess at times.
Knicks future core is untested and not played much in preseason.
This is about bring the kids in and getting them to be a unit. That takes time.
As for OKC, they will feed Melo so he has his big game against his old team. Melo for his part will also pass and rebound because he has to put on a good well rounded game.
Now, we'll say "how come he could not do that as a knick?" answer, because he is not Westbrook or Lebron!!! Melo is and never was MVP type "Star". We get one or two per generation that can do that on both ends and play deep into the playoffs.
But OKC has a lot of issues on how to blend that talent. Its Westbrooks team, he is the MVP, now he has to dial it back and engage not one, but two top tier talents (Im being Generous with Melo, but he has had a HOF top tier career!!). Durant left, he was MVP. He has his big extension. Now its about legacy of winning. This could all blow up and Melo opts out and PG13 goes Hollywood. I applaud OKC for making this run.
And I do wish Melo success, but knicks win!!!!

he should have been passing to westbrook and PG, instead he was passing to calderon, KOQ, and some other avg joe

ES
ekstarks94
Member: #6104

10/18/2017  9:39 PM
Predictions

15% - we start out solid porzingis has monster game on both ends....Timmy is gunning...we pay "passable defense"...Kanter becomes LG circa Hornets days with Zo and puts Adams on the shelf with early foul trouble....somehow we keep Russ at a speed under 100mph..

85% - we get smoked like ****ing pack of Kools

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/18/2017  10:17 PM
ekstarks94 wrote:Predictions

15% - we start out solid porzingis has monster game on both ends....Timmy is gunning...we pay "passable defense"...Kanter becomes LG circa Hornets days with Zo and puts Adams on the shelf with early foul trouble....somehow we keep Russ at a speed under 100mph..

85% - we get smoked like ****ing pack of Kools

I'm gonna be interested to see if Melo is gonna hustle back on D if KP runs the floor hard every time down. I'm guessing NOT! Knicks need to involve Melo in motion as often as possible. Set some picks on him to wear him down.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

10/19/2017  6:59 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

to be fair he can't shoot too. I just wonder if he is a PG or a 2
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/19/2017  7:49 AM
Melo is going to get his... thats just his game. He's going to fall in spots where he's going to get buckets. KP can't guard him on the perimeter....

With that said KP needs to punish Melo all over the court. Melo can't stop KP from doing anything. KP should be able to dominate thus match up.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Gudris
Member: #6213

10/19/2017  8:00 AM
MS
Member: #724
10/19/2017  8:55 AM
We are going to get destroyed tonight.Melo is going to drop 30, defense will be a mess. Need to really bound them inside. KP should not be guarding Melo either. This is just a tough match up for us.

Frank better play and have some impact. DSJ dropped 16 and 10 in his debut. Would have been nice.

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
10/19/2017  9:40 AM
The team will be fine regardless if they get blown out tonight. The setting is perfect for a blowout in OKC's favor.

Frank needs to play a lot in order to learn!!! He must learn so the next time he sees Westbrook he is better prepared. Also all the other guys will not be as tough.

KP needs to stay on his feet against Melo. No need to jump to block his shot.

EnySpree

10/19/2017  10:18 AM
Game time is 8pm....

I can't wait

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Gudris
Member: #6213

10/19/2017  10:46 AM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:The team will be fine regardless if they get blown out tonight. The setting is perfect for a blowout in OKC's favor.

Frank needs to play a lot in order to learn!!! He must learn so the next time he sees Westbrook he is better prepared. Also all the other guys will not be as tough.

KP needs to stay on his feet against Melo. No need to jump to block his shot.

Nooo..i want to see KP blocking Melos 3s for 5 times :D

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
10/19/2017  10:50 AM
We gonna bum rush them fookers and shock the world! KP goes off for 40 and Frank makes it difficult for Westbrook.

EnySpree

10/19/2017  11:34 AM
I want Kanter to bust Adams ass forcing Melo to double team and get into early foul trouble. If not let the Kanter feast.
EnySpree

10/19/2017  11:38 AM
I also want Beasley to drop 20pts off the bench. I want THJr to drop 20 plus. Kanter 20pts... lots of threes for everyone. KP got to get his **** off too. We do that and we win
Chandler
Member: #6197

10/19/2017  11:41 AM
EnySpree wrote:Game time is 8pm....

I can't wait

+1

Want to see lots of player movement; if players move, and we pass we win (I can hope can't I)

If we pass to KP and stand around, we lose

(5)(5)
newyorknewyork
10/19/2017  12:59 PM
EnySpree wrote:I also want Beasley to drop 20pts off the bench. I want THJr to drop 20 plus. Kanter 20pts... lots of threes for everyone. KP got to get his **** off too. We do that and we win

Hardaway got a tough matchup with Roberson who will only be focused on stopping him from heating up since Hardaway will be our 2nd feature. It will show me something if Hardaway is able to still get his.

Beas will probably play vs Melo a lot tonight. He said he is just as talented as them lol. So at least for the night time for him to put up.

Session will be food for Westbrook though. Were talking about MVP vs scrap heap end of career. And odds aren't high that Frank will be able to handle him at this stage.

Game thread: "Knicks now KP, the boy wonder, take on Melo and the Thunder"!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy