[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game thread: "Knicks now KP, the boy wonder, take on Melo and the Thunder"!
Author Thread
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

10/20/2017  9:22 AM
any chance Willy is hampered in some way with nagging injury? His PT made no sense. Not like Kanter or KOQ were on fire

no place to go but up!!

(5)(5)
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/20/2017  9:53 AM
Chandler wrote:any chance Willy is hampered in some way with nagging injury? His PT made no sense. Not like Kanter or KOQ were on fire

no place to go but up!!

Just a coach decision. Willy is fine.

That was a very tough test and we knew this team was already behind due to injuries to key players. This team will need time to gel and for Jeff to get a better handle.

All those turnovers were preventable and should reduce going forward. The Knicks had very little chemistry on offense IMO.

reub
Member: #6227

10/20/2017  10:00 AM
Baker had 5 deflections and no one else had more than one. He was a plus four in a game that we lost by 22. He got to the line too. There's nothing wrong with Baker that him making his shots doesn't cure.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/20/2017  10:14 AM
reub wrote:Baker had 5 deflections and no one else had more than one. He was a plus four in a game that we lost by 22. He got to the line too. There's nothing wrong with Baker that him making his shots doesn't cure.

if the deflections an official stat on a boxscore some place or just an observation?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
10/20/2017  10:29 AM
martin wrote:
reub wrote:Baker had 5 deflections and no one else had more than one. He was a plus four in a game that we lost by 22. He got to the line too. There's nothing wrong with Baker that him making his shots doesn't cure.

if the deflections an official stat on a boxscore some place or just an observation?

I think he is going by observation. I tend to agree with him. I love his defensive awareness and his toughness. He needs to work on 2 things. He needs to tighten up his handle. He is a little loose with his dribble. He need to work on his shot. I think he is one of those players that is a very good from the college 3pt line and in but the extra 3 feet is tough for him. He needs to work on this in the off season and learn to take the shots that he can. That means only take 3 pointers from the corners and none from the top.

nixluva
USA
10/20/2017  10:40 AM
NYKBocker wrote:
martin wrote:

I think he is going by observation. I tend to agree with him. I love his defensive awareness and his toughness. He needs to work on 2 things. He needs to tighten up his handle. He is a little loose with his dribble. He need to work on his shot. I think he is one of those players that is a very good from the college 3pt line and in but the extra 3 feet is tough for him. He needs to work on this in the off season and learn to take the shots that he can. That means only take 3 pointers from the corners and none from the top.

Baker has great chemistry with Willy. I think Jeff needs to consider that going forward. Willy Sets Great Picks and Rolls so well. Baker works better off Drag Screens and PnR rather than trying to create on his own like a natural PG.

Baker also needs to get in some kind of rhythm and there wasn’t any last night so he took out of rhythm shots. I predict this will improve going forward.

smackeddog
Member: #883
10/20/2017  11:10 AM
Chandler wrote:any chance Willy is hampered in some way with nagging injury? His PT made no sense. Not like Kanter or KOQ were on fire

no place to go but up!!

Hornacek implying he didn't earn it in preseason and training camp and that he has to get better at defense if he want to play. He told Willy he was behind KOQ and Kanter before the game.

nixluva
USA
10/20/2017  11:19 AM
This is nice!

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/20/2017  11:25 AM
smackeddog wrote:

no place to go but up!!

Hornacek implying he didn't earn it in preseason and training camp and that he has to get better at defense if he want to play. He told Willy he was behind KOQ and Kanter before the game.

Hope he is more than David Lee 2.0. Hope he gets a fair chance. If Willy's defense doesn't get any better, we might be able to move him in a package for a decent starting PG down the road. Until we find out what Frank can do.

Or trade him in a deal for a 1st round pick (as insurance) if Frank doesnt look like he will be a high impact player. Teams know what Willy can do in the paint.

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
10/20/2017  11:36 AM
NYKBocker wrote:Sessions need to sit. We can't play CLEE and THJR together they are too small to guard 3s.
Kuz would have been great at the 3 spot.

Start frank. Baptism by fire. Give him 6-7min spurts then put baker in. Just go with those 2 at the point.

THJr starts and CLee backs him up

McDermott starts..I changed my mind again about him..then have Kuz back him up

KP and Willy starts. Kanter and KOQ backs them up.

Bench LT and Sessions

I agree with all here. I think THjr was the 3, if anything CLEE should be 3. I'd rather see KUZ start in any case. Hell maybe even Beasley. They need more than 1.5 guys who can score.

Willy
KP
Kuz
ThJr
Frank

Kanter
KOQ
BEasley
Lee
Baker

Thats the 10, unless injury or foul trouble.

ALso, I wanted to see more PnR and more curl screens with this group. More player movement. There is no ball stopper now.

Kanter is a good choice to come off the bench because of his good offense. Instant offense.

Hernangomez needs to show more spirit in the game. He looked dead last night...probably anoyed he wasnt playing earlier but still show that with passion!

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

10/20/2017  12:21 PM
Hopefully all of the Lee, Kanter, KOQ and even L-f-ing-Thomas playing time is in hopes of a sooner / rather than later trade to move some of these turd vets.

C-Lee is the most underwhelming so-called solid player I've ever seen -- he was completely clutch(less) all last year and has zero game off the dribble.

Frank needs lots of time (development) and work on strengthening....making body more quick/twitch explosive. I think Jeff shortened his minutes to protect the kid who looked scared **** out there.

Such bad basketall basics --- Lee./McDermott both travel while not even moving -- attempting to make entry passes to KP. Kanter/Baker fumbling/kicking ball all over the place and falling down on the floor. L-f-ing-Thomas coming into game as "steady vet" and playing 16 minutes with a -21 +/- -- this guy is so G-League worthy.

All this said -- just 1 game - under tough circumstances -- I expect a win on Saturday and MUCH BETTER offensive game.

Final thoughts.....

Offense lacked any/all movement/fluidity we got a glimpse of in pre-season --- no clue what happened there.

KP looked pretty awesome BUT -- if he keeps leaving his feet off 1 leg around the rim -- injuries are going to come. At 7-3 you can't keep coming down awkwardly on 1 foot/leg and expect to stay healthy long term. I'd prefer he kept his game closer to the ground...stays healthy and plays a LONG TIME.

Chandler

10/20/2017  1:21 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
martin wrote:

Agree with all of this. IIRC in college he played a lot of 2, and the highlight videos had him receiving swing passes for his shot. He wasn't creating his own (from deep) and wasn't receiving kick-outs.

Personally, I wish all of our young players focued on establishing their D, toughness, and team play first. Offense will happen

(5)(5)
Chandler

10/20/2017  1:22 PM
smackeddog wrote:

no place to go but up!!

Hopefully he reacts to the challenge. We need to figure out the center position

(5)(5)
Papabear
Member: #1414

10/20/2017  1:23 PM
Papabear Says

Melo had a good game. He looked more at ease playing with 2 superstars playing next to him. OKC have a new fan out west and that's me but I bleed knicks blood. I'm holding back comment regarding the Knicks. They will need about 20 games in order for me to comment. They are a young team. KP did well but his assists must get better.

Papabear
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/20/2017  1:49 PM
Papabear wrote:Papabear Says

Melo had a good game. He looked more at ease playing with 2 superstars playing next to him. OKC have a new fan out west and that's me but I bleed knicks blood. I'm holding back comment regarding the Knicks. They will need about 20 games in order for me to comment. They are a young team. KP did well but his assists must get better.

i didnt think melo was that impressive. He only scored when he was completely wide open because we were paying attention to wesrbrook and george who are their top players. When KP guarded melo he did nothing. I was more impressed by adams
Chandler

10/20/2017  3:03 PM

thunder won by 21. Melo was +/- of 0, shooting 40%, 1 rebound, 1 assist

papabear needs eyeglasses

(5)(5)
reub
Member: #6227

10/20/2017  3:57 PM

Melo shot 40% and had a total of 1 rebound and 1 assist. But pointzz!

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/20/2017  5:15 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:

i didnt think melo was that impressive. He only scored when he was completely wide open because we were paying attention to wesrbrook and george who are their top players. When KP guarded melo he did nothing. I was more impressed by adams
That is why that trade was brilliant by Presti. You can't double Westbrook, George and Melo at the same time. Someone is going to have single coverage and any of those guys get buckets.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Papabear
Member: #1414

10/20/2017  5:17 PM
reub wrote:

Melo shot 40% and had a total of 1 rebound and 1 assist. But pointzz!

Papabear Says

I think Melo is in the right spot. the team that is around Melo now is the team we should he had around him the past 5 seasons. I wish Melo well not like the Melo haters. I'm still and always will be a Knicks fan but every now and then I will be watching Melo and OKC when I get a chance.

Papabear
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

10/21/2017  2:17 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
TPercy wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Wonder what Willy and Kuz did or didnt do to sit. Defense?

He's already played 11 guys, I can't believe franks debut, 2 air balls, 1 assist 2 turnovers in like 5 minutes

Dennis Smith jr had a crap game too , Oh wait no he didnt 16 points and 10 dimes in 30 minutes. We screwed up big time

Trying not to think about that, lol. It bothers me that I have yet to see Frank make a layup. The sooner he starts contributing, the better I'll feel.

hope you have a box of snickers, cause it's going to be a while

Deer in head lights

he barely got a chance. Lets see him after legit playing time

They won't do it... this is how some folks are. No SL...a couple of minutes in the pre-season...youngest player in the league...means shyte to some. If Monk hadn't shot 1/11 his first game they would be whining about him, too.

He will be fine and they will look like fools...just a matter of time.

I really hope you are right because at this point its hard to see how he gets better.

Joking?

All kidding aside, this is one of the most ignorant comments I've ever heard on this site. You clearly have never been a coach and able to see players grow and gain confidence. Happens over time and with experience.

Just a foolish comment to throw out...really.

Granted, I was overemotional watching this game(I wanted NYK to win this more than anything);however, it isn't that far fetched of a comment. They're many young guys who just don't develop what it takes over time. Do we really need to go through the list of fringe young players who never made it here? It's definitely not impossible for Baker to improve, but lets not pretend that he is just any other young "talent" who will change in the blink of an eye.

I will also point out it is foolish of you to think that one needs to be a coach to see players grow over time and with experience.

The Future is Bright!
Game thread: "Knicks now KP, the boy wonder, take on Melo and the Thunder"!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy