[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game thread: "Knicks now KP, the boy wonder, take on Melo and the Thunder"!
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/19/2017  11:11 PM
Takeaway from tonight.
Were almost there we just need a starting PG SG SF center and 6th man.
KP needs to pass the ball more. I dont want him being a guy who goes 12-30 with 1 assist etc..
The team should commit to Willy G for 25 minutes --how can a bad team take a rookie of the year the and bench him????????????? He doesnt need to start but he needs 25 minutes??
We have ABSOLUTELY NO PG. We will have no ability to control flow.
If the D league was now--Id start Frank down there. He needs time to get accustomed to playing in the US. I think players are much quicker here then abroad--even in college and he got a big whiff of that tonight.
Ron Baker is something between a PG and SG and his jumpshot will need continuous softening if he wants to make it in the NBA.
Kanter physically lost way too much weight--he looks nothing of the player I remembered.
The team lacks players with agility ball control and we have a lack of game skill--think that Willy and KP have game skills- KP passing
When I heard them saying the Knicks were studying the Pitt Steelers I somewhat cringed. Its not really rocket science. You get good players who form good chemistry and play hard. We dont need a psychoanalysis--sounds a little familiar
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

10/19/2017  11:11 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:So after the season he had last year, Willy gets garbage time andKanter/KoQ gets the rotation minutes?????

Might be a GM thing more than the coach...no?

It's the coaches job to set the rotation so I will blame the coach unless there's clear evidence the GM is intervening

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/19/2017  11:13 PM
KP WAS A BEAST. He deserved better from his teammates tonight.

THJ needed to be coming off Curls against PG! He had to work too hard to get a good look going straight up against PG 1 on 1 like that. I blame Jeff for that.

Kanter looked bad. I would’ve liked to see Willy but it’s game one.

McDermott can’t just stand around either. Jeff has to keep him in motion more. He looked better cutting and slashing or coming around a screen.

I have to assume Jeff kept things simple in game one. I saw them run some HORNS, tho it looked sloppy.

Sessions was horrid! Baker was sloppy but more effective IMO. Nitty was just nervous. He was doing the right things but was too hyped up to shoot.

reub
Member: #6227

10/19/2017  11:23 PM
This was a tough road game for us. We have a lot of talent and depth on this team. We're going to win a decent amount of games I think.
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/19/2017  11:23 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/19/2017  11:24 PM
nixluva wrote:KP WAS A BEAST. He deserved better from his teammates tonight.
His teammates were playing up to their skill level
ES
BRIGGS
Member: #303
10/19/2017  11:27 PM
reub wrote:This was a tough road game for us. We have a lot of talent and depth on this team. We're going to win a decent amount of games I think.

reub--we dont really have control of game flow nor do we have command from the 3 point line. A lot of scary ball-handling out there. We were able to clog them up a bit in the first half and then looked pretty awful. Two good things did happen--the Bulls lost and so did we:)

RIP Crushalot😞
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
10/19/2017  11:29 PM
Sessions need to sit. We can't play CLEE and THJR together they are too small to guard 3s.
Kuz would have been great at the 3 spot.

Start frank. Baptism by fire. Give him 6-7min spurts then put baker in. Just go with those 2 at the point.

THJr starts and CLee backs him up

McDermott starts..I changed my mind again about him..then have Kuz back him up

KP and Willy starts. Kanter and KOQ backs them up.

Bench LT and Sessions

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
10/19/2017  11:32 PM
Kanter had a bad game because OKC knew all his strengths and weaknesses. He should feast down low against other teams 2nd unit
Kemet
Member: #6148

10/20/2017  12:11 AM
Mills n Perry need to start looking for a new head coach first thing in the morning.

Hornacek DISS WHG by only giving WHG 3 minute of playing time in the final minute of the first game of the season.
Hornacek DISS the Knicks 8th pick rookie Frank by snatching the rookie out the game after two mistakes giving rookie Frank 8 minute of playing time in the Knicks first game of the season.

blkexec
Member: #748
10/20/2017  12:13 AM
We need players who can play bigger than their size.

THj played SG and PG in ATL. Now he's playing SF?????

We have a deep bench of bigs......And I don't like any of them as a starter, except for KP........

We have the most expensive bench talent in the league......THj and Noah. If Horny elects to play THj at SF, I rather he come off the bench. He's a 1 or 2......His passing is underrated.

If Horny continues to put Thj at SF, we might have a chance at the #1 pick.

I never thought I'd say this but Beasly is a key player for us. Hes one of the few SFs we have with a combination of size and scoring. A good enough combination of size and lateral quickness....

I always wanted Horny to play Melo at the 4.....and more small ball.....So what we do? Trade one of the best small ball player in melo, and now Horny plays small ball? We have a zillion bigs and decent size SFs with buckets and beas.......THj? no.....

Bigs are too soft in the paint......

We are a long way away.....from being a long way away from having a decent team......The weak east will make us look better than we are.

Frank is a triangle poi t guard and he's Phills pick. Passing on Monk and DSJ only shows how out of touch Phill was with today's game. DSJ was the perfect PG to have for MSG. Even a Dolan run team would've passed on Frank and picked DSJ. With that said...Frank will be a solid rotation player....solid 2 way player.....just not an NBA superstar.....These other guys drafted after him have superstar potential. But Frank will be solid.....he will add to our already expensive bench talent.

Hornys rotation is the key for the entire season.....Will he go with a lineup based on chemistry or pressure from fans and the media? because fans and the media change like the wind.....and Horny will start to look weak and unstable. so far I'm not happy with the starting lineup or rotation......Lance the 1st player off the bench? Let's see if he makes any early changes. We have enough talent, just not top tier talent.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
blkexec
10/20/2017  12:17 AM
Kemet wrote:Mills n Perry need to start looking for a new head coach first thing in the morning.

Hornacek DISS WHG by only giving WHG 3 minute of playing time in the final minute of the first game of the season.
Hornacek DISS the Knicks 8th pick rookie Frank by snatching the rookie out the game after two mistakes giving rookie Frank 8 minute of playing time in the Knicks first game of the season.

Horny looked like a Rookie....But it's early and he was only a few tweaks away from competing with OKC. His adjustments will be watched very closely......Especially after halftime......Same slow 3rd quarter start.......Its a curse.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
reub

10/20/2017  12:18 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/20/2017  12:19 AM
I understand Horny playing the vets in the first game so that the team stays happy. I'll bet that Willy plays a lot from now on and Frank and Dotson play more. I still like KP, Willy, McDermott, THJ, Frank, Baker and Dotson long term. Kanter will be fine against most Eastern teams too. Sessions concerns me though. I wish we had gone after Rondo instead.
stopstandthere
Member: #6004

10/20/2017  12:18 AM
So we have a long long way to go.
reub

10/20/2017  12:22 AM
blkexec wrote:We need players who can play bigger than their size.

THj played SG and PG in ATL. Now he's playing SF?????

We have a deep bench of bigs......And I don't like any of them as a starter, except for KP........

We have the most expensive bench talent in the league......THj and Noah. If Horny elects to play THj at SF, I rather he come off the bench. He's a 1 or 2......His passing is underrated.

If Horny continues to put Thj at SF, we might have a chance at the #1 pick.

I never thought I'd say this but Beasly is a key player for us. Hes one of the few SFs we have with a combination of size and scoring. A good enough combination of size and lateral quickness....

I always wanted Horny to play Melo at the 4.....and more small ball.....So what we do? Trade one of the best small ball player in melo, and now Horny plays small ball? We have a zillion bigs and decent size SFs with buckets and beas.......THj? no.....

Bigs are too soft in the paint......

We are a long way away.....from being a long way away from having a decent team......The weak east will make us look better than we are.

Frank is a triangle poi t guard and he's Phills pick. Passing on Monk and DSJ only shows how out of touch Phill was with today's game. DSJ was the perfect PG to have for MSG. Even a Dolan run team would've passed on Frank and picked DSJ. With that said...Frank will be a solid rotation player....solid 2 way player.....just not an NBA superstar.....These other guys drafted after him have superstar potential. But Frank will be solid.....he will add to our already expensive bench talent.

Hornys rotation is the key for the entire season.....Will he go with a lineup based on chemistry or pressure from fans and the media? because fans and the media change like the wind.....and Horny will start to look weak and unstable. so far I'm not happy with the starting lineup or rotation......Lance the 1st player off the bench? Let's see if he makes any early changes. We have enough talent, just not top tier talent.

DSJ doesn't play defense, has a surgically repaired knee, refused to show us his medical records and refused to work out for us. There's no way that we should have taken him.

blkexec
10/20/2017  12:22 AM
reub wrote:I understand Horny playing the vets in the first game so that the team stays happy. I'll bet that Willy plays a lot from now on and Frank and Dotson play more. I still like KP, Willy, McDermott, THJ, Frank, Baker and Dotson long term. Kanter will be fine against most Eastern teams too. Sessions concerns me though. I wish we had gone after Rondo instead.

We have a team full of veteran backups....

Halfway through the season.....the young guns will wake up.......push the vets to the bench........and everybody will say how come we didnt play them earlier in the season......

reub

10/20/2017  12:25 AM
blkexec wrote:
reub wrote:I understand Horny playing the vets in the first game so that the team stays happy. I'll bet that Willy plays a lot from now on and Frank and Dotson play more. I still like KP, Willy, McDermott, THJ, Frank, Baker and Dotson long term. Kanter will be fine against most Eastern teams too. Sessions concerns me though. I wish we had gone after Rondo instead.

We have a team full of veteran backups....

Halfway through the season.....the young guns will wake up.......push the vets to the bench........and everybody will say how come we didnt play them earlier in the season......

I agree with this. But it's not easy to play unproven rookies over seasoned vets right from the get go. But it will happen.

MS
Member: #724
10/20/2017  12:25 AM
Take away?

The Knicks suck and always will.

We passed on a star in the draft and our coach sucks. Willy was one of the most efficient plYers in the nba last year and he doesn’t play tn!

Kemet

10/20/2017  12:26 AM
knicks1248 wrote:

KP was not a beast having Grant defend him the majority of the night.
We want our star-scorer to do the majority of his scoring in the 2nd half of the game! Not the first half of the game .. that's the reason Westbrook n Paul George welcome Melo to the OKC, because Melo do all his scoring in the first half of the game .. the reason we Knick Fans were LOSERS under the Melo era

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/20/2017  12:31 AM
Kemet wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

KP was not a beast having Grant defend him the majority of the night.
We want our star-scorer to do the majority of his scoring in the 2nd half of the game! Not the first half of the game .. that's the reason Westbrook n Paul George welcome Melo to the OKC, because Melo do all his scoring in the first half of the game .. the reason we Knick Fans were LOSERS under the Melo era

KP was doing this WITHOUT help. No PG help and sloppy turnovers all game. I think you need to get off this KP HATE thing you’ve been on cuz you sound real SALTY and wrong!

Kemet

10/20/2017  12:41 AM
blkexec wrote:
Kemet wrote:Mills n Perry need to start looking for a new head coach first thing in the morning.

Horny looked like a Rookie....But it's early and he was only a few tweaks away from competing with OKC. His adjustments will be watched very closely......Especially after halftime......Same slow 3rd quarter start.......Its a curse.

Less than a rookie ...Hornacek got a huge PASS for last season no-defense mess .. We need a coach that could DEVELOP young players, and Hornacek cant guide veteran players.
Winning Teams like the Westbrook OKC .. play at the top of their GAME in the 2nd half of the game .. OKC had 11 pt lead at halftime than Westbrook increase their lead to 20 pt lead going on a 7-0 run in the middle of the 3rd qtr. than held onto the 20 pt lead throughout the 4th quarter to win by 21 !!!

Game thread: "Knicks now KP, the boy wonder, take on Melo and the Thunder"!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy