[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game thread: "Knicks now KP, the boy wonder, take on Melo and the Thunder"!
Author Thread
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

10/19/2017  10:38 PM
Melo talks about focusing on basketball, and then all he does is focus on taking cheapshots at the Knicks. Fukking two bit piece of sheeeit.
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
AUTOADVERT
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
10/19/2017  10:40 PM
I liked the showing in the 1st half. We just couldn't sustain against a top 3 team in the nba. KP looks like a stud. Need better PG play.
SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

10/19/2017  10:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/19/2017  10:41 PM
We're rebuilding; losses don't mean much. It's how we play and compete and the growth of our young core. The only good sign was KP played like a star. Overall they played hard but turnovers killed us. Willy and Frank NEED to be in the rotation sooner rather than later.
Gudris
Member: #6213

10/19/2017  10:43 PM
KP is ok 31/12

but we need more points from Lee and THJ

meloshouldgo

10/19/2017  10:43 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/19/2017  10:51 PM
NYKBocker wrote:I liked the showing in the 1st half. We just couldn't sustain against a top 3 team in the nba. KP looks like a stud. Need better PG play.

I liked the first half as well, but don't like Enes starting and hogging minutes. He plays zero defense, win shares be damned.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/19/2017  10:44 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:Melo talks about focusing on basketball, and then all he does is focus on taking cheapshots at the Knicks. Fukking two bit piece of sheeeit.
its obvious westbrook and george are much better players yet he still thinks he is that great lol. Truthfully i was more impressed with adams
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

NYKBocker wrote:I liked the showing in the 1st half. We just couldn't sustain against a top 3 team in the nba. KP looks like a stud. Need better PG play.

Okc didn't play all that good. The Knicks turned the ball over 25 times on paper. They were unforced turnovers. Dribbling of their feet, passing it to the other team... Knicks played well in the first half. They never cleaned up the turnovers. Very bad first game.

Defense was there though. That's a great sign

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
WP76
Member: #4508

As far as N goes, we simply have no way of knowing right now what he can do. Between his youth, a short preseason in which he was injured, and not exactly lighting up a French (yes, French--I can't stop remembering Frederic Weiss) pro league question marks will surround him for quite awhile.
NYKBocker
USA
10/19/2017  10:49 PM
WP76 wrote:As far as N goes, we simply have no way of knowing right now what he can do. Between his youth, a short preseason in which he was injured, and not exactly lighting up a French (yes, French--I can't stop remembering Frederic Weiss) pro league question marks will surround him for quite awhile.
1st game jitters. He will be better next game vs the pistons.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/19/2017  10:50 PM
I’m not worried about Ntilikina. Kid needs a chance to get acclimated.

Very unimpressed with Sessions. Very unimpressed with Jeff’s Offense so far. Tho can’t tell if it was the players or his schemes. I just don’t think Jeff had enough motion, screens or pace!

Didn’t see enough Early Spread PnR, cuts, Curls etc.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/19/2017  10:51 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
WP76 wrote:As far as N goes, we simply have no way of knowing right now what he can do. Between his youth, a short preseason in which he was injured, and not exactly lighting up a French (yes, French--I can't stop remembering Frederic Weiss) pro league question marks will surround him for quite awhile.
1st game jitters. He will be better next game vs the pistons.

Anything would be better than the first game. Sucks to see them play this bad offensdiverly especially when the defense was adequate tonight

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
NYKBocker
USA
10/19/2017  10:52 PM
EnySpree wrote:
Okc didn't play all that good. The Knicks turned the ball over 25 times on paper. They were unforced turnovers. Dribbling of their feet, passing it to the other team... Knicks played well in the first half. They never cleaned up the turnovers. Very bad first game.

OKC didn't play all that good because of our defense. Donovan is a good coach. He made adjustments. He saw that melo couldn't score on KP so he forced the knicks to switch. Once that happened then the others started scoring
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

10/19/2017  10:52 PM
TPercy wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Wonder what Willy and Kuz did or didnt do to sit. Defense?

He's already played 11 guys, I can't believe franks debut, 2 air balls, 1 assist 2 turnovers in like 5 minutes

Dennis Smith jr had a crap game too , Oh wait no he didnt 16 points and 10 dimes in 30 minutes. We screwed up big time

Trying not to think about that, lol. It bothers me that I have yet to see Frank make a layup. The sooner he starts contributing, the better I'll feel.

hope you have a box of snickers, cause it's going to be a while

Deer in head lights

he barely got a chance. Lets see him after legit playing time

They won't do it... this is how some folks are. No SL...a couple of minutes in the pre-season...youngest player in the league...means shyte to some. If Monk hadn't shot 1/11 his first game they would be whining about him, too.

He will be fine and they will look like fools...just a matter of time.

I really hope you are right because at this point its hard to see how he gets better.

Joking?

All kidding aside, this is one of the most ignorant comments I've ever heard on this site. You clearly have never been a coach and able to see players grow and gain confidence. Happens over time and with experience.

Just a foolish comment to throw out...really.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
NYKBocker
USA
10/19/2017  10:56 PM
I hate that 3 man weave we do. Donovan adjusted to that and busted it in. Once they disrupted it..we didn't know why to do.
nixluva
USA
10/19/2017  10:56 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

OKC didn't play all that good because of our defense. Donovan is a good coach. He made adjustments. He saw that melo couldn't score on KP so he forced the knicks to switch. Once that happened then the others started scoring

Knicks D was WAAAAAY Better than last year. The TURNOVERS gave OKC too many easy buckets. I expect the Knicks to make adjustments and play a cleaner game. This was way too sloppy.

WaltLongmire

10/19/2017  10:57 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:I cant believe people gave up on our rookie after 5 ****in minutes of play when he was obviously nervous

Just ignore SALTY ASS fans with no perspective!!! This is only the beginning.

its mostly those who hate phil since he made the pick i guess

You think Knick fans that thought Phil was a bad exec want Frank to fail?

Interesting thought, IMO. More likely it is someone who didn't have their guy picked. I know that if we took Monk or Smith I would have felt the same way as Frank.

There is some ignorance involved here, but I do think some guys want to see him fail and will not give him a break. Many were ready to do the same thing with KP when we took him, and that is a fact.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
WaltLongmire

10/19/2017  10:58 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:So after the season he had last year, Willy gets garbage time andKanter/KoQ gets the rotation minutes?????

Might be a GM thing more than the coach...no?

nixluva
USA
10/19/2017  10:58 PM
NYKBocker wrote:I hate that 3 man weave we do. Donovan adjusted to that and busted it in. Once they disrupted it..we didn't know why to do.

I agree. I said earlier that we’ve gotta stop going EAST and WEST so much. Jeff was all about scoring EARLY in the shot clock so what’s this crap?

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/19/2017  11:00 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:I cant believe people gave up on our rookie after 5 ****in minutes of play when he was obviously nervous

Just ignore SALTY ASS fans with no perspective!!! This is only the beginning.

its mostly those who hate phil since he made the pick i guess

You think Knick fans that thought Phil was a bad exec want Frank to fail?

Interesting thought, IMO. More likely it is someone who didn't have their guy picked. I know that if we took Monk or Smith I would have felt the same way as Frank.

There is some ignorance involved here, but I do think some guys want to see him fail and will not give him a break. Many were ready to do the same thing with KP when we took him, and that is a fact.

agreed. Some want him to fail otherwise Theyre wouldnt be making dumb comments this early
meloshouldgo

10/19/2017  11:09 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:Melo talks about focusing on basketball, and then all he does is focus on taking cheapshots at the Knicks. Fukking two bit piece of sheeeit.
its obvious westbrook and george are much better players yet he still thinks he is that great lol. Truthfully i was more impressed with adams

I honestly wish we had gotten him instead of Kanter/McD in the Melo trade, he is legit

Game thread: "Knicks now KP, the boy wonder, take on Melo and the Thunder"!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy