[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game thread: "Knicks now KP, the boy wonder, take on Melo and the Thunder"!
Author Thread
Kemet
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6148

10/17/2017  2:34 PM
martin wrote:

I really want Frank to sit out this tanking-season, or just play bout 25 games for the season without getting injured. Then next season play all 82 games when we hire a real NBA head coach Mark Jackson to clean up our poor developing coaching staff.

AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/17/2017  2:45 PM
Kemet wrote:
martin wrote:

I really want Frank to sit out this tanking-season, or just play bout 25 games for the season without getting injured. Then next season play all 82 games when we hire a real NBA head coach Mark Jackson to clean up our poor developing coaching staff.

I think we need to FIRST see how Jeff handles the team this season before all this talk of a "real NBA head coach" stuff. You don't really know what Jeff can do when he's got free reign. Jeff is actually very good at coaching guards!!!

As for French Prince, I see no value in cutting his games. Let him play and see how he handles things. I'm sure he'll hit a Rookie wall at some point but he will gain so much experience from playing that I want him to get as much of a chance as possible to show what he can do and what he can handle.

nixluva
USA
10/17/2017  2:52 PM
EnySpree wrote:🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄

Oh ****!!!!!!!

Now this REALLY makes me wanna watch this game. MUST SEE TV!

Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
10/17/2017  3:24 PM
I have low expectations for this game. Westbrook alone could blow out the Knikcs....add in George and Melo and that spells trouble. IMO going to be an ugly first game but that is rebuilding for you.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Gudris
Member: #6213

10/17/2017  3:50 PM
Andrew wrote:I have low expectations for this game. Westbrook alone could blow out the Knikcs....add in George and Melo and that spells trouble. IMO going to be an ugly first game but that is rebuilding for you.

http://www.nba.com/video/games/knicks/2016/01/26/0021500679-okc-nyk-play6.nba#/

KP always played good vs Thunder

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/17/2017  5:07 PM
I just want to see a professional basketball game. We are clearly outmatched with their big three... but we can stl put 5 guys out there that could compete.... coaching and on the floor determination had to be on point. Gotta keep that rotation tight. Can't go over 10. Would like to see 9
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

10/17/2017  5:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/17/2017  7:42 PM
EnySpree wrote:I just want to see a professional basketball game. We are clearly outmatched with their big three... but we can stl put 5 guys out there that could compete.... coaching and on the floor determination had to be on point. Gotta keep that rotation tight. Can't go over 10. Would like to see 9

Think we are going to hang in there. Like that we are a deeper team this year. Our guys want to prove themselves and their Big 3 all the pressure. I expect a close game and a lot more wins this year than most.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
nixluva
USA
10/17/2017  5:42 PM
EnySpree wrote:I just want to see a professional basketball game. We are clearly outmatched with their big three... but we can stl put 5 guys out there that could compete.... coaching and on the floor determination had to be on point. Gotta keep that rotation tight. Can't go over 10. Would like to see 9

Yeah I mean comparing a team predicted to win only 30 vs a team loaded with contender talent is silly. I just want to see MAX EFFORT and HEART from this team. Hope the chemistry isn't too bad considering we barely saw the Starting Lineup in the Preseason.

Sounds like Jeff wants a tighter rotation this year. Simpler Defense and Offense could help as well.

Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
10/17/2017  9:14 PM
That highlight game made me remember some nice moments with KP and Noah.

As far as the game goes, should be interesting. Would like to see Kanter make some noise with his return to OKC. Both of their trades cost them a lot of depth. Wonder what their bench looks like. We need to defensive rebound and try and slow transition to be competitive.

TripleThreat
Member: #3997

10/17/2017  10:31 PM
EnySpree wrote:I just want to see a professional basketball game.

Either way, the Melo narrative in OKC will end up pretty tragic IMHO

A) He doesn't give max effort, which only shows he just doesn't care about winning period

B) He gives max effort JUST FOR THE THUNDER, which only shows how little professionalism he showed in NY, that he's just another frontrunner in a stupid hat instead of actually respecting the game enough to be the best player he can be all the time.

Life lesson, not just an NBA narrative, if you don't do your best, one day you'll regret it. Always. This is why parents tell their kids, no matter the outcome, just do the very very very best you can. One day Melo is going to have to look back and realize no matter the outcome with the Thunder, even if he gets a ring a la Mitch Richmond as a ring chaser, that he inflicted his own tragedy here.

I think it's unfortunate that a very very very small handful of overbearing fans are used as justification that somehow failing to win at max effort should mean max effort means nothing. Plenty of players in sports history have been on losing teams, but were hard workers and professional and gave their all and it was not ignored by many fans out there.

No one "hates" Melo. All most ask is he holds true to what basically 9 year olds are told everyday in life. The great Lawrence Taylor, full of shame of some of the things he did in his life, said it best - A man should be proud of his whole life. All his choices. Not just the time he played the game.

Melo backed himself into this tragedy. Now he has to eat the whole damn meal.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

10/18/2017  8:31 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:

Think we are going to hang in there. Like that we are a deeper team this year. Our guys want to prove themselves and their Big 3 all the pressure. I expect a close game and a lot more wins this year than most.

Prediction
Oklahoma City 122 Knicks 99
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/18/2017  8:51 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:

Suddenly we are going to play defense because we keep seeing the word 'simple' over and over again?

IMHO, Westbrook is not exactly the genius way to break in a 19 year old French kid with 0 NBA experience... I don't care if his arms are 20 feet long... I'd play Frank pretty sparingly and let Sessions and Baker take the beating...

Going to be interesting to see if we can keep them even partially off the offensive glass...

I wish Noah wasn't suspended... if he is in half as good a shape as is being reported, we could really use his D and rebounding for this game...

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/18/2017  10:59 AM
My prediction is the game will be a mess at times.
Knicks future core is untested and not played much in preseason.
This is about bring the kids in and getting them to be a unit. That takes time.
As for OKC, they will feed Melo so he has his big game against his old team. Melo for his part will also pass and rebound because he has to put on a good well rounded game.
Now, we'll say "how come he could not do that as a knick?" answer, because he is not Westbrook or Lebron!!! Melo is and never was MVP type "Star". We get one or two per generation that can do that on both ends and play deep into the playoffs.
But OKC has a lot of issues on how to blend that talent. Its Westbrooks team, he is the MVP, now he has to dial it back and engage not one, but two top tier talents (Im being Generous with Melo, but he has had a HOF top tier career!!). Durant left, he was MVP. He has his big extension. Now its about legacy of winning. This could all blow up and Melo opts out and PG13 goes Hollywood. I applaud OKC for making this run.
And I do wish Melo success, but knicks win!!!!
HofstraBBall

10/18/2017  11:04 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/18/2017  11:08 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
EnySpree wrote:I just want to see a professional basketball game.

Either way, the Melo narrative in OKC will end up pretty tragic IMHO

A) He doesn't give max effort, which only shows he just doesn't care about winning period

B) He gives max effort JUST FOR THE THUNDER, which only shows how little professionalism he showed in NY, that he's just another frontrunner in a stupid hat instead of actually respecting the game enough to be the best player he can be all the time.

Life lesson, not just an NBA narrative, if you don't do your best, one day you'll regret it. Always. This is why parents tell their kids, no matter the outcome, just do the very very very best you can. One day Melo is going to have to look back and realize no matter the outcome with the Thunder, even if he gets a ring a la Mitch Richmond as a ring chaser, that he inflicted his own tragedy here.

I think it's unfortunate that a very very very small handful of overbearing fans are used as justification that somehow failing to win at max effort should mean max effort means nothing. Plenty of players in sports history have been on losing teams, but were hard workers and professional and gave their all and it was not ignored by many fans out there.

No one "hates" Melo. All most ask is he holds true to what basically 9 year olds are told everyday in life. The great Lawrence Taylor, full of shame of some of the things he did in his life, said it best - A man should be proud of his whole life. All his choices. Not just the time he played the game.

Melo backed himself into this tragedy. Now he has to eat the whole damn meal.

Yawn.... let it go Lin.

Here is my rebuttal.....https://youtu.be/INm_GCs7CiM

Love quoting LT when talking about doing "your best". And moving the carrot "even if he wins a ring". Lmao

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
HofstraBBall

10/18/2017  11:15 AM
jrodmc wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

Suddenly we are going to play defense because we keep seeing the word 'simple' over and over again?

IMHO, Westbrook is not exactly the genius way to break in a 19 year old French kid with 0 NBA experience... I don't care if his arms are 20 feet long... I'd play Frank pretty sparingly and let Sessions and Baker take the beating...

Going to be interesting to see if we can keep them even partially off the offensive glass...

I wish Noah wasn't suspended... if he is in half as good a shape as is being reported, we could really use his D and rebounding for this game...

Lol. 20 ft. wingspan. Isn't that how everyone is picking their lotto pick? I am just believing what everyone here is saying. But do think anything is better than Sasha, Langston, Grant, AA and all the others we were suppose to win with.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/18/2017  11:50 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

Lol. 20 ft. wingspan. Isn't that how everyone is picking their lotto pick? I am just believing what everyone here is saying. But do think anything is better than Sasha, Langston, Grant, AA and all the others we were suppose to win with.

Wingspan is good. Fewest ACL replacements is also good
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
10/18/2017  12:32 PM
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

I think his IQ, work ethic, love for the game, also had something to do with it.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

10/18/2017  1:00 PM
Our starting lineup is unknown and we haven't had our starting 5 together in a lineup yet.
I smell a blowout.

We are deeper this year and I think at some point we will start to score plenty of points a game, really be able to flat out score the ball. However the defense and lack of continuity will be a problem.

I can't see us start the season well, maybe 2-8 at best. The team has had literally no cohesion and collective time together in preseason.

HofstraBBall

10/18/2017  4:17 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/18/2017  4:19 PM
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

Lol. Good one Mr. Fish. We have some good story lines/predictions to follow. Gotta have something to keep our interest. Its sure not who is going to win the title.

HofstraBBall

10/18/2017  4:27 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

I think his IQ, work ethic, love for the game, also had something to do with it.

Yiu just named qualities in every player in the NBA draft. He has good length, pro experience and seems composed. We will find out in a couple of years if he was a good pick. But I was referring to the TEAM being better defensively. Think we are deeper and more athletic but we will see if that translates into a better defensive team and more wins.

Game thread: "Knicks now KP, the boy wonder, take on Melo and the Thunder"!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy