[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Trey Burke Nigel Hayes & XRM are history
Author Thread
Paris907
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6099
USA
10/14/2017  10:23 AM
More cuts anticipated I would assume. I hope XRM makes it to developmental league
AUTOADVERT
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
10/14/2017  10:30 AM
On burke, it depends how they feel about jack
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/14/2017  10:34 AM
who's xrm?
ES
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/14/2017  10:36 AM
I don't get the Try Brurke move, is this some sort of G-League maneuver?
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/14/2017  10:50 AM
martin wrote:I don't get the Try Brurke move, is this some sort of G-League maneuver?

apparently it is:

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
10/14/2017  11:03 AM
Gary Payton II was waived. He is worth a look.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
TPercy
Member: #5748

10/14/2017  11:43 AM
Jarrett jack should be cut as well. He's so garbage
The Future is Bright!
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/14/2017  12:05 PM
TPercy wrote:Jarrett jack should be cut as well. He's so garbage
They have an extra roster spot for 12 games and Frank hasn't been able to play. Jack probably gets cut once Noah comes back.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/14/2017  12:34 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:Gary Payton II was waived. He is worth a look.

Really? This kid is pretty good.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/14/2017  1:06 PM
Is the G-League the new name for the D-League or is it something different? I am at a complete loss with the Burke,Jack and similar signings.
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
CrushAlot
USA
10/14/2017  1:20 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:Is the G-League the new name for the D-League or is it something different? I am at a complete loss with the Burke,Jack and similar signings.
It is the new name for the D League. I am not sure if the rules have changed but teams in the past could protect up to 4 players from the D League draft that they brought to camp.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/14/2017  2:11 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:Is the G-League the new name for the D-League or is it something different? I am at a complete loss with the Burke,Jack and similar signings.
It is the new name for the D League. I am not sure if the rules have changed but teams in the past could protect up to 4 players from the D League draft that they brought to camp.

Got it, still don't want Burke or Jack. I would rather keep X-Ray Man and Nigel Hayes. The first two have had their stint, they don't deserve anything more, the two rookies may yet be able to show something

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
10/14/2017  2:18 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Got it, still don't want Burke or Jack. I would rather keep X-Ray Man and Nigel Hayes. The first two have had their stint, they don't deserve anything more, the two rookies may yet be able to show something

It's the G League as in Gatorade, the sponsor.

I'm pretty sure they did change some of the rules - allowing teams to treat their teams more like a minor league team - so the number of overall roster spots for the main franchise is up, I think 2 for two way players...

BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
10/14/2017  4:13 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

That is ridiculous. Burkes ceiling is so much higher than the other 2, he is worth taking a look at. XRM and Hayes don't look like NBA players at all. They never showed anything. Burk was #9 ? pick in the draft. Still only 24 or 25. Give him a chance here and see what we got. It sounds like he is willing to play in the G league. If it worked out , him and Nitty would be a great pg combo.

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
CrushAlot
USA
10/14/2017  4:47 PM
BigRedDog wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

That is ridiculous. Burkes ceiling is so much higher than the other 2, he is worth taking a look at. XRM and Hayes don't look like NBA players at all. They never showed anything. Burk was #9 ? pick in the draft. Still only 24 or 25. Give him a chance here and see what we got. It sounds like he is willing to play in the G league. If it worked out , him and Nitty would be a great pg combo.

I agree. Hayes was pretty disappointing in the sl as well. I am not sure why he got an invite to camp.
reub
Member: #6227

10/14/2017  6:03 PM
Kay Felder. Kay Felder. Kay Felder.
reub

10/14/2017  6:34 PM
Burke was gone faster than you can say Tony Wroten.
TripleThreat
Member: #3997

10/14/2017  7:48 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/14/2017  7:53 PM

There's a lot of actual push/pull to fringe NBA players.

IIRC, Mike George of Excel aka ESM reps Burke. So let's say George is tight with Coach X at the college level. And highly touted recruit XYZ is going to said college because it's his hometown. Any NBA franchise might decide it's good to stay in George's good graces/radar, as he'll have the lead into said prospect via his coach. Given the player can be cut easily, it's not a huge deal to the team anyway because the preseason and summer league ,you sometimes just need warm bodies.

Sometimes the franchise is doing a more powerful agent a favor, or an entrenched member of the basketball community a favor ( i.e. Lance Thomas and Coach K, Coach K kept Thomas' name out there and his Team USA influence has helped previous Duke guys get a few more opportunities. It's good for fringe guys like Thomas and its good for Coach K's recruiting efforts, i.e. he's going the extra mile for all his guys, so he will for me)

Sometimes it's as simple as an agent wants to bang a players sister. ( Has happened before....ugh...)

Many times, fringe agents rely on more powerful agents to kick them down business, contacts or even straight up cash money. In exchange, the fringe agent might sign a highly touted prospects brother, or cousin, or teammate, someone who can influence him, but the more powerful agent can't be seen "slumming" with a non prospect.

Many fringe agents NEED at least one active NBA guy on their client list, or guys looking at them will say, he's not helping any real NBA players, so how can he help me? Many fringe agents make their money by forwarding, not the name fringe guys, but the 50 you don't hear of, into "extra training" or "mentoring" or whatnot, for a fee, milking the extra fringe's players family or social network or whatnot. Gives us X thousands of dollars and we'll have your son/cousin/grandson/whatever, train with Coach X, who specializes in this and that, and can help get you son into the NBA.

My observation and personal experience in pro sports has a sadly, really f**ked up dark underside to it.

Sure, you can be an intern on my coaching staff. Just blow me. Yeah, get on your knees and blow me. ( Has happened )

I won't fire you from your assistant job, just let me bang your wife ( Has happened)

Yes, you are on this staff now, because you are my drug hookup ( Has happened)

Invite some of my former college players to your NBA camp, etc, and I'll give you all the inside dirt on how to screw over another coach I'd like to see removed as a rival ( Has happened)

It's not just Harvey Weinstein, anytime power and money and fame are involved, people just do some really f**ked up ****. I'm not saying this all applies specifically to Burke, but sometimes the personnel move isn't about actually building the best team possible on the floor right then and there.

It's easy, at a distance, to question why a fringe guy might do PEDS. It's another ballgame to understand why a guy who has no chance will do PEDS just to have sniff at being a more name fringe guy.

Not every signing makes sense at a team level, but it might at a sports interpersonal/political level.

If Lance Thomas played anywhere else but Duke, he might not be in the NBA right now. Sometimes it comes down to one thing. One move left instead of right. One second fast instead of late. Avon Barksdale was right, how you never gonna be slow? Never gonna be late?

reub

10/14/2017  8:45 PM
PJ Dozier is on waivers too. I'd like to hear Briggs' opinion on Dozier and Felder tbh.
reub

10/14/2017  8:55 PM
Kay Felder is the Jose Altuve of the NBA. Sign him!
Trey Burke Nigel Hayes & XRM are history

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy