[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

THJr is going to justify his contract
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/14/2017  8:04 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/14/2017  8:06 AM
In a world where superstars are getting 40+ million a year.... I dunno how anyone can cry about a guy making 16 mil.

THJr looks like he's gonna get 22pts a night... this guy Bradley Beal was trying to show off last night but THJr matched him blow for blow.... and rather easily. Very under control and within the flow. We might say at the end of the year he's underpaid.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

10/14/2017  8:31 AM
16.5,17.3,18.1,18.8. But your right. If he averages 22+ a game, he is well worth the salary. Think that, on this weaker team, there will be a lot of shots available. So its possible. Question for me is how will that affect KP's offense. I like Tim as a supporting role but think he tends to force it if he thinks he is the lead scorer. Will be interesting to see how he plays with KP. I like Timmy, don't think we should have given him the long contract but I hope your right and that he is a good fit long term with KP and Frank.
'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
knicks1248
Member: #582
10/14/2017  8:42 AM
EnySpree wrote:In a world where superstars are getting 40+ million a year.... I dunno how anyone can cry about a guy making 16 mil.

THJr looks like he's gonna get 22pts a night... this guy Bradley Beal was trying to show off last night but THJr matched him blow for blow.... and rather easily. Very under control and within the flow. We might say at the end of the year he's underpaid.

He does look pretty solid, unfortunately as team, we look as bad as the 17 win season. the pg/c/sf situation is a major problem, if we can combine mcdrmott/lance/beasly in to one player, and kanter/noah/willy into one play, we would be Golden..lol

ES
knicks1248
Member: #582
10/14/2017  8:59 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:16.5,17.3,18.1,18.8. But your right. If he averages 22+ a game, he is well worth the salary. Think that, on this weaker team, there will be a lot of shots available. So its possible. Question for me is how will that affect KP's offense. I like Tim as a supporting role but think he tends to force it if he thinks he is the lead scorer. Will be interesting to see how he plays with KP. I like Timmy, don't think we should have given him the long contract but I hope your right and that he is a good fit long term with KP and Frank.

The hard part about this roster and coming up with a rotation is that, KP and Thj are the only sure starters, after them, the talent level is pretty much leveled off,
So that makes it much harder for players to identify their true role.

That was one of the major problems MDA had in 09/10 season, he had no clear cut starter besides danilo/ lee, and everyone felt like they had the green light

Kanter, porzingis, lee, thj, sessions
willy beasly, McDermott, Dotson, frank

so now what do you do with lance, Koq, noah, jack, burke

we literally have 10/12 guys who should be 6th or 7th off the bench, and makes no logical sense to start doing that dumb sht fisher was doing playing 12 guys..

ES
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

10/14/2017  10:16 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:16.5,17.3,18.1,18.8. But your right. If he averages 22+ a game, he is well worth the salary. Think that, on this weaker team, there will be a lot of shots available. So its possible. Question for me is how will that affect KP's offense. I like Tim as a supporting role but think he tends to force it if he thinks he is the lead scorer. Will be interesting to see how he plays with KP. I like Timmy, don't think we should have given him the long contract but I hope your right and that he is a good fit long term with KP and Frank.

The hard part about this roster and coming up with a rotation is that, KP and Thj are the only sure starters, after them, the talent level is pretty much leveled off,
So that makes it much harder for players to identify their true role.

That was one of the major problems MDA had in 09/10 season, he had no clear cut starter besides danilo/ lee, and everyone felt like they had the green light

Kanter, porzingis, lee, thj, sessions
willy beasly, McDermott, Dotson, frank

so now what do you do with lance, Koq, noah, jack, burke

we literally have 10/12 guys who should be 6th or 7th off the bench, and makes no logical sense to start doing that dumb sht fisher was doing playing 12 guys..

All true but that's what we are right now. A team that is looking to see which players have NBA starter type talent. It's basically a proving ground. Its no secret all these players have things to prove. Including KP, Timmy and Frank. As Knicks fans, we are all going to find out together.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Paris907
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6099
USA
10/14/2017  10:30 AM
Plug in a player you like, someone that you believe would make a meaningful difference and take us over 500. Sure we could all say Lebron but age is an issue when you are building a culture as well. I think Paul Milsap would be the type of guy who brings scoring, lunch pail ethic, defense, boards and dare we say toughness. Again, he’s older.
My point is whether we win 20 or 30, we are 2 players away from being a contending team in the East.
If we pick right in the lottery and stretch Noah, dump Lee, OQuinn and maybe Enes, we can end up formidable
mlby1215
Member: #6486

10/14/2017  10:45 AM
Either Knicks was too stupid to sign him or Hawk was too stupid not to match. It has to one of them. Hawk fans didn't look like they missed him very much with that contract. Maybe they are wrong, but I would not bet on it.

All in all, signing expensive young players is not the only way to go young. Look at Nets and Marks. He traded its cap rooms for picks. Isn't safer and better?

The only reason is that Mills loves THjr and/or he wants to win.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/14/2017  11:03 AM
Felt like THJr got better throughout the preseason, you could almost see the arc. He still makes too many defensive gaffs. But I loved his intensity, seemed to always be up and energetic and focused.

Hopefully he can be a super solid 20pt scorer next to KP.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
TPercy
Member: #5748

10/14/2017  11:42 AM
I'd like to play him as a 2G from now on as well. Just looks better in his actual position
The Future is Bright!
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/14/2017  12:13 PM
mlby1215 wrote:Either Knicks was too stupid to sign him or Hawk was too stupid not to match. It has to one of them. Hawk fans didn't look like they missed him very much with that contract. Maybe they are wrong, but I would not bet on it.

All in all, signing expensive young players is not the only way to go young. Look at Nets and Marks. He traded its cap rooms for picks. Isn't safer and better?

Millsap is making over 30 mil and is the same age as Melo. He also would have no interest in coming to NY after all of the stuff that happened with Phil in charge last year and with the Knicks rebuilding. If the Knicks are going to spend 30 mil on a player it should not be Paul Millsap.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/14/2017  12:24 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
EnySpree

10/14/2017  12:31 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Get THJr 33 minutes a game and he'd definitely get over 20 a game

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
mlby1215

10/14/2017  12:49 PM
So we have to say Hawk is too stupid not to match, right?

CrushAlot wrote:
mlby1215 wrote:Either Knicks was too stupid to sign him or Hawk was too stupid not to match. It has to one of them. Hawk fans didn't look like they missed him very much with that contract. Maybe they are wrong, but I would not bet on it.

Millsap is making over 30 mil and is the same age as Melo. He also would have no interest in coming to NY after all of the stuff that happened with Phil in charge last year and with the Knicks rebuilding. If the Knicks are going to spend 30 mil on a player it should not be Paul Millsap.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/14/2017  12:50 PM
While everyone is falling in love with his numbers - he seems to play less than adequate defense. What little I have seen he looks mostly clueless on defense, like a smaller version of Amare.
He is just standing around rotating late often caught in no man's land, I am hoping he will get better with more reps with different lineups but I am not going to hold my breath.
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/14/2017  1:32 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:While everyone is falling in love with his numbers - he seems to play less than adequate defense. What little I have seen he looks mostly clueless on defense, like a smaller version of Amare.
He is just standing around rotating late often caught in no man's land, I am hoping he will get better with more reps with different lineups but I am not going to hold my breath.

The entire team should get better defensive chemistry as the rotations are set and they get healthy guys back. THJ is a work in progress but he's clearly an ascending player.

meloshouldgo

10/14/2017  2:06 PM
nixluva wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:While everyone is falling in love with his numbers - he seems to play less than adequate defense. What little I have seen he looks mostly clueless on defense, like a smaller version of Amare.

The entire team should get better defensive chemistry as the rotations are set and they get healthy guys back. THJ is a work in progress but he's clearly an ascending player.

His defense is definitely not ascending. FF/DD back-court will probably be good enough to cover up for his lack of defense, but we may have to wait till he end of the season for that to become a reality. Betweem Kneelikina, Dotson and KP we may finally have three plus defenders (in the future starting five). Billy and THJR are liabilities unless they prove otherwise. But at least Billy is cheap - THJR will catch a lot of flak if he doesn't put effort on defense

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/14/2017  2:21 PM

Why does one of the two teams have to be stupid? Different teams have different needs and different financial situations. Even if either we or Atlanta made a mistake, you can't call a team stupid because of one medium-sized signing. Stupid means lots of huge mistakes.
meloshouldgo

10/14/2017  3:15 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:

Why does one of the two teams have to be stupid? Different teams have different needs and different financial situations. Even if either we or Atlanta made a mistake, you can't call a team stupid because of one medium-sized signing. Stupid means lots of huge mistakes.

Quoted the wrong post?

EnySpree

10/14/2017  4:21 PM

Being a legit 21pt scorer is not easy. Asking him tho do that and be a lockdown defender is tough. Of course we want him to defend better.... but he wasn't brought here to be Tony Allen.

mlby1215

10/14/2017  5:05 PM
How the situation of Hawk are different from us? They are rebuilding, we are rebuilding. All teams have the same cap limit.

If THjr is a changed man, of course they are stupid for not paying him 72 mil / 4 years.

But if he is the same guy as before, I don't think it is an good idea.

One way or another, one team will be laughed on.

I am not saying he is not worth the money, but if Hawk called tomorrow and wanted to take him back, would you want it? I know I'd because I like to trade the cap room for picks.

If Holidays is too old for KP, of course THjr is too old for Frank.

Bonn1997 wrote:

THJr is going to justify his contract

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy