Embiid when healthy is 2x the player KP is
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
AUTOADVERT
Knickoftime
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3370

10/13/2017  11:15 AM
simrud wrote:Embiid when healthy is 2x the player KP is

Then why did the Knicks draft KP over Embiid??????

DAMMIT!!!!!

Kemet
Member: #6148

10/13/2017  2:03 PM
Knickoftime wrote:

DAMMIT!!!!!

Phil Jackson drafted KP because Dolan wanted a white star player to put next to Melo.
Last season the Knicks had 3 white rookies on their roster.
The 76ers gave Reddick $23M per .. When they could've signed two better players in Jonathan Simmons n Deon Waiters for $10M per each.

A unhealthy Embiid average performance last season were 100 times better than KP best performance.
KP is a JOKE! I am not upset that i BOOOED KP when drafted by the Knicks.
In the 1980's and 1990's KP type of talent would have been cut after the summer league games!!!

Knickoftime

10/13/2017  2:05 PM
Kemet wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

DAMMIT!!!!!

Phil Jackson drafted KP because Dolan wanted a white star player to put next to Melo.
The 76ers gave Reddick $23M per .. When they could've signed two better players in Jonathan Simmons n Deon Waiters for $10M per each.

A unhealthy Embiid average performance last season were 100 times better than KP best performance.
In the 1980's and 1990's KP type of talent would have been cut after the summer league games!!!

I believe "cool story, bro" is the appropriate response here, right?

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/13/2017  2:15 PM
Kemet wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

DAMMIT!!!!!

Im shocked they picked Frank over Denis Smith. Frank has such a dark complexion. For that matter how did we pass on Zach Collins or Luke Kennard? Hmm....
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
10/13/2017  2:20 PM
Kemet wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

DAMMIT!!!!!

Kemet...certainly hope this was a bad attempt at humor/sarcasm.

PURE KNICKS LOVE
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

10/15/2017  11:00 AM
The problem with KP is the same problem Melo has, you need to build specific teams around them to take advantage of their skill sets. Embid when healthy has a true position and can doesn't need a PF next to him to pick up the rebounding or to guard his man. Embid you plug him at center on any team in the league and he fits. With KP you have to find a PF that has the foot speed to guard 4's and the bulk to guard centers while rebounding at a high rate. A post game would be a plus to balance out KP's small man game. KP does some things defensively that are elite, his rim protection is a huge asset but his insistence on playing PF will hurt the team in the future. They will continue to hemorrhage points on the pick and roll because he doesn't have the lateral quickness to defend the roll man and never mind trying to close out on stretch 4's. His perimeter defense is very weak we just have to hope Porzingis out scores his opponents to make him a net positive player.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Kemet
Member: #6148

10/15/2017  1:11 PM
Jmpasq wrote:The problem with KP is the same problem Melo has, you need to build specific teams around them to take advantage of their skill sets. Embid when healthy has a true position and can doesn't need a PF next to him to pick up the rebounding or to guard his man. Embid you plug him at center on any team in the league and he fits. With KP you have to find a PF that has the foot speed to guard 4's and the bulk to guard centers while rebounding at a high rate. A post game would be a plus to balance out KP's small man game. KP does some things defensively that are elite, his rim protection is a huge asset but his insistence on playing PF will hurt the team in the future. They will continue to hemorrhage points on the pick and roll because he doesn't have the lateral quickness to defend the roll man and never mind trying to close out on stretch 4's. His perimeter defense is very weak we just have to hope Porzingis out scores his opponents to make him a net positive player.

That's a lot of HOPE .... their were a lot of exceptional big men drafted in the 2017 draft-class who talent may surpass KP talent throughout their rookie season. The couple of games KP played in the preseason looked like KP is still a long project. Why n how the Knicks put KP in the starting lineup is still a big question mark to me

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/16/2017  9:29 AM
Kemet wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

DAMMIT!!!!!

You mean the 1980's and 1990's that saw the likes of Shawn Bradley, Chuck Nevitt and Georges Murasan? And KP is a joke because 7'3" guys with handles and a 3 point shot are overpopulating the planet, right?

Wow, drafting and signing based on melanin levels... interesting.

Quick question, how does your racial conspiracy theory explain the likes of Chris Smith making an NBA roster? Just asking.

knicks1248
Member: #582
10/16/2017  11:23 AM
jrodmc wrote:
Kemet wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

DAMMIT!!!!!

You mean the 1980's and 1990's that saw the likes of Shawn Bradley, Chuck Nevitt and Georges Murasan? And KP is a joke because 7'3" guys with handles and a 3 point shot are overpopulating the planet, right?

Quick question, how does your racial conspiracy theory explain the likes of Chris Smith making an NBA roster? Just asking.

we once trotted Jason Smith, Cole Aldrich, Alex shved, travis Wear, lou Admundson, Jose calderon(even though he's spanish) on the floor at the same time. That was the first time i ever seen 5 white guys on the floor at the same damn time, then I started a thread call 5 WHITE GUYS. Im not sure what phils obsession was with all this stiff white players(no pun intended)

Now i don't believe we drafted KP because he was white, but im every bit convince he was a triangle type player.
Phil talking about trading him was definitely real, and he wasn't just blowing smoke, and he must have realise this dude is a *****.

KP is not a leader, never will be, he is not a alpha player, never will be, he is a good player who needs to be in the perfect system (MDA, GSW, SPURS) to really shine, and you need really good defensive talent in the front court with him.

People talked about melo and rose holding him back, but when he had the floor alone, he did nothing special, and ended up in foul trouble more than half the time.

EMBIID knows he's good on both ends, and has that swagger leadership type mentality, and like KEMET said, he would be good in any system, around any type of player.

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/16/2017  11:40 AM
Who cars whose better except those who take pleasure in being upset.
KP need only take care of his game.
Embiid is awesome when he plays healthy. He might be the best big in the game.
Reminds me a bit of Andrew Bynum. He had back problems but also lacked a love for the game.
I don't know if Embiid has that or not.
The contract is heavy with incentives. If he plays at an elite level, and can do it based on minutes and games played he'll be paid as one.
If not, then I think Philly can opt him out.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/16/2017  11:47 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Kemet wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

DAMMIT!!!!!

we once trotted Jason Smith, Cole Aldrich, Alex shved, travis Wear, lou Admundson, Jose calderon(even though he's spanish) on the floor at the same time. That was the first time i ever seen 5 white guys on the floor at the same damn time, then I started a thread call 5 WHITE GUYS. Im not sure what phils obsession was with all this stiff white players(no pun intended)

Now i don't believe we drafted KP because he was white, but im every bit convince he was a triangle type player.
Phil talking about trading him was definitely real, and he wasn't just blowing smoke, and he must have realise this dude is a *****.

KP is not a leader, never will be, he is not a alpha player, never will be, he is a good player who needs to be in the perfect system (MDA, GSW, SPURS) to really shine, and you need really good defensive talent in the front court with him.

People talked about melo and rose holding him back, but when he had the floor alone, he did nothing special, and ended up in foul trouble more than half the time.

EMBIID knows he's good on both ends, and has that swagger leadership type mentality, and like KEMET said, he would be good in any system, around any type of player.

Great thread. Eventually you ask a question then answer it as you wanted to.
The race thing is pretty stupid but you managed to pick up on it.
Seems to me the team sucks with both black and white players.
Now we hate on KP cuz he is white. Great take. The guy threw up some historical statistics, and was runner up rookie of the year.
Last year his numbers went up.
And you only see a white guy.

Knickoftime

10/16/2017  12:08 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Kemet wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

DAMMIT!!!!!

I'm at a total loss as to why Embiid & KP have anything to do with one another? There are lots of other, better players than KP playing in the NBA right now.

What's the relevancy of the comparison?

knicks1248
10/16/2017  12:31 PM
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Kemet wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

DAMMIT!!!!!

Great thread. Eventually you ask a question then answer it as you wanted to.
The race thing is pretty stupid but you managed to pick up on it.
Seems to me the team sucks with both black and white players.
Now we hate on KP cuz he is white. Great take. The guy threw up some historical statistics, and was runner up rookie of the year.
Last year his numbers went up.
And you only see a white guy.

It has nothing to do with race, but now that he is considered the best player on the team, like melo, like amare, like allan, like, Ewing, like marbury, he is going to get the most criticism, especially if the team is losing and he isn't playing like Amare did his first 4 months, or at least close to it.

I'm not optimistic of him getting to that level with those players around him, and that suspect coaching staff.

I hope I'm wrong, but, he's going to need to stay healthy along with frank to build some kind of of chemistry,and he is going to need to stay out of foul trouble.

ES
knicks1248
10/16/2017  12:38 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/16/2017  12:39 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Kemet wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

DAMMIT!!!!!

I'm at a total loss as to why Embiid & KP have anything to do with one another? There are lots of other, better players than KP playing in the NBA right now.

What's the relevancy of the comparison?

What was the relevancy between EWING and HAKEEM or any 2 players who play similar style's and position. It's preference, who you think would fit better, which player is overall better considering ages.

Both of those guys have similar games, same age bracket, but which one would you prefer, it's simply as that

ES
Is a healthy EMBIID, better then a Healthy KP

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy