[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Justin Holiday: Did we make a mistake?
Author Thread
EnySpree
Posts: 43916
Alba Posts: 138
Joined: 4/18/2003
Member: #397

10/14/2017  7:00 AM
THJr is gonna have a good season. We have other things to worry about
You know why I'm here....
AUTOADVERT
Kemet
Posts: 20788
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 9/23/2015
Member: #6148

10/15/2017  2:42 PM
The Knicks president Mills is not a NBA fan in any essence of the word NBA!
The last season THJ were a Knick the Knicks had a 17 win season .. Baker showed no signs last season of being a Keeper, Langston Galloway were a much better combo-guard than Baker.

When u draft a PG Frank and a SG Dotson u want to formulate veteran mentors for both positions, going after FA PG-George Hill and FA SG/SF-Jonathan Simmons, plus resigning Holiday would have made much more better sense. Especially when the fans are praising a 7.3 project KP who's questionable of ever becoming a threat in the frontcourt paint.

nixluva
Posts: 55253
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
10/15/2017  3:29 PM
Kemet wrote:The Knicks president Mills is not a NBA fan in any essence of the word NBA!
The last season THJ were a Knick the Knicks had a 17 win season .. Baker showed no signs last season of being a Keeper, Langston Galloway were a much better combo-guard than Baker.

When u draft a PG Frank and a SG Dotson u want to formulate veteran mentors for both positions, going after FA PG-George Hill and FA SG/SF-Jonathan Simmons, plus resigning Holiday would have made much more better sense. Especially when the fans are praising a 7.3 project KP who's questionable of ever becoming a threat in the frontcourt paint.

The Mills comment is pure conjecture cuz you can't know how he feels.

Baker was a ROOKIE UDFA trying to make the move to PG! Judging him is a bit premature. Let's see how he develops in his 2nd season.

Knicks could've made the decision you suggest but they seem to have favored trying to give just enough space for Nitty and Dot to earn playing time. This isn't about Win Now!

The KP diss is kind of weak. He clearly has all kinds of talent and will have plenty of opportunities this season to grow into a star. Kids TWENTY TWO!!! Can we let him develop?

TPercy
Posts: 24627
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/5/2014
Member: #5748

10/15/2017  6:04 PM
I would bet Spike Lee's Hat that he wont replicate those numbers in regular season
The Future is Bright!
Cartman718
Posts: 24767
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/12/2007
Member: #1694

10/16/2017  11:24 AM
nixluva wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:For me I think the underlying issue of THJr versus a guy like Holiday is not only the age difference (along with salary), but the continuity you get playing with KP, Willy, Frank, etc.

Maybe you get 2 years of so-so with Holiday... and then what? You still have to find another player to fill that role.

The Knicks aren't competing for playoffs this year or deep playoffs next year, so with THJr you hopefully get a solid starter and build team continuity. With Holiday, you don't.


I gotta be honest....I'm already looking at ways to upgrade two-guard position. Hardaway is solid, but he's easily upgradeable. The problem is that his deal makes hard for that too happen. I just don't see the point in locking in long-term when we are still a long ways from playing winning basketball.

I think across the board there tends to be a fundamental disrespect for Tim Hardaway. Sure he's not the Cream of the Crop but he's not as "easily upgradeable" as you may think!

2016-17 Real Plus-Minus - Shooting Guards
RK NAME TEAM GP MPG ORPM DRPM RPM WINS
1 James Harden HOU 81 36.4 6.38 -1.57 4.81 15.54
2 Klay Thompson GS 78 34.0 2.78 -0.45 2.33 9.53
3 Bradley Beal WSH 77 34.9 3.29 -1.04 2.25 9.26
4 CJ McCollum POR 80 35.0 3.01 -1.87 1.14 7.52
5 Victor Oladipo OKC 67 33.2 0.10 1.56 1.66 6.88
6 Andre Roberson OKC 79 30.1 -1.40 2.64 1.24 6.73
7 Nicolas Batum CHA 77 34.0 1.30 -0.35 0.95 6.73
8 Lou Williams HOU/LAL 81 24.6 3.65 -1.68 1.97 6.73
9 Eric Gordon HOU 75 31.0 1.51 -0.48 1.03 6.36
10 DeMar DeRozan TOR 74 35.4 2.21 -2.04 0.17 5.46
11 Tim Hardaway Jr. ATL 79 27.3 1.90 -1.08 0.82 5.45

2016-17 Real Plus-Minus - Shooting Guards
RK NAME TEAM GP MPG ORPM DRPM RPM WINS
1 James Harden HOU 81 36.4 6.38 -1.57 4.81 15.54
2 Manu Ginobili SA 69 18.7 1.43 1.00 2.43 4.64
3 Klay Thompson GS 78 34.0 2.78 -0.45 2.33 9.53
4 Bradley Beal WSH 77 34.9 3.29 -1.04 2.25 9.26
5 Lou Williams HOU/LAL 81 24.6 3.65 -1.68 1.97 6.73
6 Victor Oladipo OKC 67 33.2 0.10 1.56 1.66 6.88
7 Vince Carter MEM 73 24.7 1.36 -0.06 1.30 4.81
8 Kyle Anderson SA 72 14.2 -1.81 3.11 1.30 2.84
9 Danny Green SA 68 26.6 -0.45 1.71 1.26 4.83
10 Andre Roberson OKC 79 30.1 -1.40 2.64 1.24 6.73
11 CJ McCollum POR 80 35.0 3.01 -1.87 1.14 7.52
12 Eric Gordon HOU 75 31.0 1.51 -0.48 1.03 6.36
13 Nicolas Batum CHA 77 34.0 1.30 -0.35 0.95 6.73
14 Tim Hardaway Jr. ATL 79 27.3 1.90 -1.08 0.82 5.45


http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/WINS/position/2

Hardaway has his Defensive Consistency issues but when he's dialed in he's actually one of the better SGs in the entire league.

From the Win shares, yes thats impressive
Lets be clear Oladipo and Roberson could potentially be even higher on the rebounds if Russell Westbrook wasn't video gaming through actual games.
From the rebounds list everyone on that top 14 except james harden should be ashamed that they are having the likes of 50 year old Manu and VC outrebound them.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Nalod
Posts: 54087
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
10/16/2017  11:32 AM
Knicks showing some guts moving in a direction fans can't see!
Usually its starphuching. We like players who have had success.
Rarely do we sign a guy on the way up.
So instead of lamenting on the past, im rooting like hell for the future!!!!
Justing Holiday is 28, had a nice preseason and we already lamenting on THjr?
The season has not even started!!!
Anger sells, don't buy!
Cartman718
Posts: 24767
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/12/2007
Member: #1694

10/16/2017  11:36 AM
Nalod wrote:Knicks showing some guts moving in a direction fans can't see!
Usually its starphuching. We like players who have had success.
Rarely do we sign a guy on the way up.
So instead of lamenting on the past, im rooting like hell for the future!!!!
Justing Holiday is 28, had a nice preseason and we already lamenting on THjr?
The season has not even started!!!

i honestly do not have a problem with THJr if he pans out...what I do know is that we do have Ron Baker who deserves to be in dleague gleague china etc at best. you could see hornacek hounding him all the time to push the ball up and he still brings the ball up slowly.

i'd rather have holiday coming off the bench to spot ramon and frank and lee and thjr if we are trying to compete. otherwise i like our chances for the overall #1 pick.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Nalod
Posts: 54087
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
10/16/2017  11:49 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
Nalod wrote:Knicks showing some guts moving in a direction fans can't see!
Usually its starphuching. We like players who have had success.
Rarely do we sign a guy on the way up.
So instead of lamenting on the past, im rooting like hell for the future!!!!
Justing Holiday is 28, had a nice preseason and we already lamenting on THjr?
The season has not even started!!!

i honestly do not have a problem with THJr if he pans out...what I do know is that we do have Ron Baker who deserves to be in dleague gleague china etc at best. you could see hornacek hounding him all the time to push the ball up and he still brings the ball up slowly.

i'd rather have holiday coming off the bench to spot ramon and frank and lee and thjr if we are trying to compete. otherwise i like our chances for the overall #1 pick.

Baker brings intangibles to the floor.

Anger sells, don't buy!
Cartman718
Posts: 24767
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/12/2007
Member: #1694

10/16/2017  12:01 PM
Nalod wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Nalod wrote:Knicks showing some guts moving in a direction fans can't see!
Usually its starphuching. We like players who have had success.
Rarely do we sign a guy on the way up.
So instead of lamenting on the past, im rooting like hell for the future!!!!
Justing Holiday is 28, had a nice preseason and we already lamenting on THjr?
The season has not even started!!!

i honestly do not have a problem with THJr if he pans out...what I do know is that we do have Ron Baker who deserves to be in dleague gleague china etc at best. you could see hornacek hounding him all the time to push the ball up and he still brings the ball up slowly.

i'd rather have holiday coming off the bench to spot ramon and frank and lee and thjr if we are trying to compete. otherwise i like our chances for the overall #1 pick.

Baker brings intangibles to the floor.

great...now how about some tangibles?

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Nalod
Posts: 54087
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
10/16/2017  1:00 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Nalod wrote:Knicks showing some guts moving in a direction fans can't see!
Usually its starphuching. We like players who have had success.
Rarely do we sign a guy on the way up.
So instead of lamenting on the past, im rooting like hell for the future!!!!
Justing Holiday is 28, had a nice preseason and we already lamenting on THjr?
The season has not even started!!!

i honestly do not have a problem with THJr if he pans out...what I do know is that we do have Ron Baker who deserves to be in dleague gleague china etc at best. you could see hornacek hounding him all the time to push the ball up and he still brings the ball up slowly.

i'd rather have holiday coming off the bench to spot ramon and frank and lee and thjr if we are trying to compete. otherwise i like our chances for the overall #1 pick.

Baker brings intangibles to the floor.

great...now how about some tangibles?

True!!!LOL

Anger sells, don't buy!
CrushAlot
Posts: 55242
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
10/16/2017  10:00 PM
Wow. I knew he was on a good contract and had played well in the preseason but I didn't realize he was playing this well.
I think we know what we're doing..... Phil Jackson
Sangfroid
Posts: 23625
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/7/2009
Member: #2784

10/18/2017  12:16 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Wow. I knew he was on a good contract and had played well in the preseason but I didn't realize he was playing this well.

Tangibles. I guess if the tank is on, Baker fits the bill.

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
ekstarks94
Posts: 20377
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/5/2015
Member: #6104

10/18/2017  9:32 PM
EnySpree wrote:THJr is gonna have a good season. We have other things to worry about

Add this to thread name...

Nuff said

Justin Holiday: Did we make a mistake?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.