[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Welcome Trey Burke
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/11/2017  7:00 PM
nixluva wrote:
EnySpree wrote:One dynamic nobody really mentioned. Trey Burke still thinks he can be an all star. He wants to try. He had this goals. He's only 24. Frank is everyone's "next. He could beat out Jack, Sessions and Baker easily in skill and importance to the franchise. Burke is not going to lay down so easily. That competition is very important for player development.

Clearly this has to be Perry's thinking. A GM is ALWAYS looking to improve the roster. Especially a rebuilding one that lacks talent. They've gotten a look at Jack and XRM. Seems logical to take a look at Burke and maybe someone else too. This is going to be a part of the ongoing process of rebuilding this team.

And this is why we have nothing to fear with Perry in charge. The dude really knows his job

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/11/2017  7:05 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/11/2017  7:06 PM
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:I guess Sessions and Jack will be cut

Sessions going nowhere, not sure about Jack now.

This is a weird signing, for both the Knicks and Trey

I believe it backs up Perry's contention that the Knicks want to compete, not just roll over. Frank looks like he is a ways off from being a reliable starting PG. Sessions and Jack are effective in limited minutes. Baker has to show aggressiveness for 4 quarters. Lots of guards right now who are capable of coming off the bench, but we're desperate for a PG who can have more of an immediate impact.

I like that Perry realizes that this team needs help at the point. If Kanter shows something, along with McDermott, maybe move them with KOQ for frontcourt defensive help, and a look at another PG, if Burke doesnt pan out.

This feels like a swing for the fences more than anything. Im guessing it will be either Jack or Sessions, not both being sent packing.

Agreed with the bold. Perry been signing pg's left and right since he arrived. This may be a reach but this Makes me think that Perry either believes Frank isn't a natural pg, is injury prone, or maybe just not as impressed with him as Mills proclaimed he was. I get the feeling that had Perry been here before the draft, Frank may not have been the pick...

are you guys basing the bold off the what? 17 preseason minutes?

Im basing it on Frank having close to zero time playing against quality NBA competition. Being a teenager from another country without a great deal of intl experience, playing mostly in his home country. As well as a chronic knee injury that Frank has been trying to get past, since he was playing in France.

Perry wants to win now, doesnt want to give Frank too many minutes. It means expecting Frank to be good enough this season to be a reliable starting PG, any time soon, is overly optimistic IMO. Maybe by the end of the season, if the Knicks are clearly missing the playoffs.

Too early to tell how good Frank will be, but I do believe its early enough to say (considering present circumstances) that Frank's rise wont be meteoric. Would love to be wrong though.

You said Nitty has a Chronic Knee issue. How so? I mean if I come and knee cap you weeks apart is that evidence you have a chronic knee problem or just that you need me to stop smashing a pipe into your knee?

Nitty hurt his knee the 1st time back on June 24th.
The 2nd time he banged knees was on October 3rd.

Kanter looks like he banged into Nitty's knee at the end of this play.

I dont believe they test whether Frank's knee cares how it has been repeatedly injured. The only thing that matters right now is that it has been, and it was injured enough to keep him from practicing altogether for a stretch.

Im suggesting that Frank not get thrown to the wolves against the best starting PGs in the league, right out of the gate, with no SL, and little if any preseason. You would have to be hit in the head with a pipe to believe that is a good idea. Frank needs time to develop.

Obviously the Knicks are being extremely careful with Nitty as they should. My complaint was in how you tried to explain his situation as being chronic when that's not an accurate description of what happened to his knee. If he broke his nose and a month later caught an elbow and hurt it again that's just bad luck not a chronic injury!

I think you're trying to be cute. Everyone here knows how it happened, and that Frank has been experiencing repeated issues with the same knee. The injuires to his knee has been chronic, regardless of the circumstance.

I also clearly spoke of this in relation to missing valuable playing time, not of being injury prone. You're arguing for the sake of arguing.

Knickoftime
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3370

10/11/2017  7:11 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/11/2017  7:11 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:

I believe it backs up Perry's contention that the Knicks want to compete, not just roll over. Frank looks like he is a ways off from being a reliable starting PG. Sessions and Jack are effective in limited minutes. Baker has to show aggressiveness for 4 quarters. Lots of guards right now who are capable of coming off the bench, but we're desperate for a PG who can have more of an immediate impact.

I like that Perry realizes that this team needs help at the point. If Kanter shows something, along with McDermott, maybe move them with KOQ for frontcourt defensive help, and a look at another PG, if Burke doesnt pan out.

This feels like a swing for the fences more than anything. Im guessing it will be either Jack or Sessions, not both being sent packing.

Agreed with the bold. Perry been signing pg's left and right since he arrived. This may be a reach but this Makes me think that Perry either believes Frank isn't a natural pg, is injury prone, or maybe just not as impressed with him as Mills proclaimed he was. I get the feeling that had Perry been here before the draft, Frank may not have been the pick...

Im basing it on Frank having close to zero time playing against quality NBA competition. Being a teenager from another country without a great deal of intl experience, playing mostly in his home country. As well as a chronic knee injury that Frank has been trying to get past, since he was playing in France.

Perry wants to win now, doesnt want to give Frank too many minutes. It means expecting Frank to be good enough this season to be a reliable starting PG, any time soon, is overly optimistic IMO. Maybe by the end of the season, if the Knicks are clearly missing the playoffs.

Too early to tell how good Frank will be, but I do believe its early enough to say (considering present circumstances) that Frank's rise wont be meteoric. Would love to be wrong though.

You said Nitty has a Chronic Knee issue. How so? I mean if I come and knee cap you weeks apart is that evidence you have a chronic knee problem or just that you need me to stop smashing a pipe into your knee?

I dont believe they test whether Frank's knee cares how it has been repeatedly injured. The only thing that matters right now is that it has been, and it was injured enough to keep him from practicing altogether for a stretch.

Im suggesting that Frank not get thrown to the wolves against the best starting PGs in the league, right out of the gate, with no SL, and little if any preseason. You would have to be hit in the head with a pipe to believe that is a good idea. Frank needs time to develop.

Obviously the Knicks are being extremely careful with Nitty as they should. My complaint was in how you tried to explain his situation as being chronic when that's not an accurate description of what happened to his knee. If he broke his nose and a month later caught an elbow and hurt it again that's just bad luck not a chronic injury!

I think you're trying to be cute. Everyone here knows how it happened, and that Frank has been experiencing repeated issues with the same knee. The injuires to his knee has been chronic, regardless of the circumstance.

That isn't what chronic means. That isn't cute. It's just English.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/11/2017  7:13 PM
EnySpree wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
EnySpree wrote:One dynamic nobody really mentioned. Trey Burke still thinks he can be an all star. He wants to try. He had this goals. He's only 24. Frank is everyone's "next. He could beat out Jack, Sessions and Baker easily in skill and importance to the franchise. Burke is not going to lay down so easily. That competition is very important for player development.

That's the problem with Burke. He's not that good. He bombed as a starter and he's bombed off the bench. He needs to reel in expectations and try to figure out how to be just decent. He's not athletic enough to pull off the same plays he did for Michigan. Can't view as more than cap fodder until he proved otherwise.

Well actually he didn't bomb in Utah.... He was putting up decent numbers. 12/5... truth is they wanted Dante Exum to take over which has been a colossal flop. Keep in mind Horny is a Utah guy. Lots of ties to Burke with Perry, THJr and Horny.

He's still young and talented enough to take a closer look.

He shot 38% and 36% percent overall with below avg 3 point shooting. I'd say he bombed. I remember when they drafted Exum. They questioned whether or not Burke could be a starter then. The guy needs to realize his limitations and learn how to maximize his strengths to learn how to be a rotation player. Burke reminds me of a less athletic, worse shooting dj augustine.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/11/2017  7:17 PM
EnySpree wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Clearly this has to be Perry's thinking. A GM is ALWAYS looking to improve the roster. Especially a rebuilding one that lacks talent. They've gotten a look at Jack and XRM. Seems logical to take a look at Burke and maybe someone else too. This is going to be a part of the ongoing process of rebuilding this team.

And this is why we have nothing to fear with Perry in charge. The dude really knows his job

I have to laugh cuz not only are Knicks fans having to get used to the reality of rebuilding but also to having a GM doing what a GM is supposed to do 😂

Knicks fans better buckle up cuz there's bound to be more change coming. Just one look at the roster makes that clear.

GustavBahler

10/11/2017  7:20 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:

A problem that doesnt go away is chronic. Like you being unable to bring anything to the table but minutia, still. Let me know when you come up with something more interesting to talk about.

nixluva
USA
10/11/2017  7:22 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

That's the problem with Burke. He's not that good. He bombed as a starter and he's bombed off the bench. He needs to reel in expectations and try to figure out how to be just decent. He's not athletic enough to pull off the same plays he did for Michigan. Can't view as more than cap fodder until he proved otherwise.

Well actually he didn't bomb in Utah.... He was putting up decent numbers. 12/5... truth is they wanted Dante Exum to take over which has been a colossal flop. Keep in mind Horny is a Utah guy. Lots of ties to Burke with Perry, THJr and Horny.

He shot 38% and 36% percent overall with below avg 3 point shooting. I'd say he bombed. I remember when they drafted Exum. They questioned whether or not Burke could be a starter then. The guy needs to realize his limitations and learn how to maximize his strengths to learn how to be a rotation player. Burke reminds me of a less athletic, worse shooting dj augustine.

I think EnySpree was referring to Burke being much more efficient last season with the Wizards! Hopefully he can show consistent improvement shooting the ball here.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/11/2017  7:22 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:

A problem that doesnt go away is chronic. Like you being unable to bring anything to the table but minutia, still. Let me know when you come up with something more interesting to talk about.

It did go away, and then he bumped knees.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
nixluva
USA
10/11/2017  7:26 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:

Like I said. If you step out the door and I smack you across the knee every other day you don't have a chronic knee problem! You just need me to stop hitting you. Nitty was healed and playing well until he got knee to knee contact from Kanter. Minus that collision Nitty likely plays on. It's a bit of bad luck.

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

10/11/2017  7:31 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:

A problem that doesnt go away is chronic.

That isn't what chronic means.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/11/2017  7:32 PM
stopstandthere wrote:Could someone describe about Burke?

Started with a bang, highly hyped at first. Fizzled out.
Bad shooter, barely 6ft and doesn't do anything well if I remember correctly.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
GustavBahler

10/11/2017  7:34 PM
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:

Joe Pesci should be saying that. However you want to slice it, Frank has missed too much time to be rushed into action against players like Westbrook because the same knee is getting f'ed up. That was the thrust of what I was saying, this little detour aside. We all know how it happened.

martin
USA
10/11/2017  7:34 PM
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:

GustavBahler, I am coming back to this, and perhaps I am a bit more irritated than norm but I'd like to address.

We can all disagree all the time but I'd like the petty bickering to stop or be kept to a minimum. I can understand if we all need to blow off some steam every once in a while but 2 posters responded in disagreement with you - nix and Knickoftime - and you responded IMO quite poorly. You can disagree all you want but if all you want to do is take some very petty shots, please stop. Just no reason for it. Maybe you have a different or weird definition of chronic, but it's not widely accepted or at a minimum waaaayyy different than most.

meloshouldgo

10/11/2017  7:35 PM
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Good pickup. He is probably our best PG. Jack was tough to watch and should be cut.

the knicks continue to stock pile some of the worse defenders in the league after declaring DEFENSE Is A PRIORITY

[

In his four-year career, Burke has averaged 10.6 points per game while suiting up for the Utah Jazz and, most recently, the Washington Wizards. The former No. 9 pick has been a liability on defense, ranking 78th out of 80 point guards in Defensive Real Plus-Minus in 2016-17. Burke has also struggled to create offense, and sports a career 3-point percentage of 33.7.

you need help

He isn't wrong, if Burke is our backcourt regularly, the Knicks will need help. Lots of it. Career net negative player

nixluva
USA
10/11/2017  7:48 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/11/2017  7:50 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:

These are Burke's actual Measurements:

YEAR	SOURCE	    HEIGHT W/O SHOES	HEIGHT W/ SHOES	  WEIGHT  WINGSPAN   STANDING REACH   NO STEP VERT   MAX VERT 
2013 NBA DRAFT 5'11 ¾" 6'1 ¼" 187 6'5 ½" 8'1 ½" 29.5" 36.5" -
COMBINE

He's a very slim guy so that doesn't help him against bigger guards either. He is what he is. He's not super explosive but he's shifty and can get where he needs to get on the floor. This might be a good spot if we run more Uptempo Spread PnR. He can be effective in that kind of offense.

meloshouldgo

10/11/2017  8:03 PM
Sessions as a mentor for French franc was ok. Don't understand what Jack or Burke are doing here.
meloshouldgo

10/11/2017  8:04 PM
nixluva wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

These are Burke's actual Measurements:

YEAR	SOURCE	    HEIGHT W/O SHOES	HEIGHT W/ SHOES	  WEIGHT  WINGSPAN   STANDING REACH   NO STEP VERT   MAX VERT 
2013 NBA DRAFT 5'11 ¾" 6'1 ¼" 187 6'5 ½" 8'1 ½" 29.5" 36.5" -
COMBINE

He's a very slim guy so that doesn't help him against bigger guards either. He is what he is. He's not super explosive but he's shifty and can get where he needs to get on the floor. This might be a good spot if we run more Uptempo Spread PnR. He can be effective in that kind of offense.

Was Perry feeling nostalgic about Nate Robinson?

GustavBahler

10/11/2017  8:06 PM
martin wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:

GustavBahler, I am coming back to this, and perhaps I am a bit more irritated than norm but I'd like to address.

We can all disagree all the time but I'd like the petty bickering to stop or be kept to a minimum. I can understand if we all need to blow off some steam every once in a while but 2 posters responded in disagreement with you - nix and Knickoftime - and you responded IMO quite poorly. You can disagree all you want but if all you want to do is take some very petty shots, please stop. Just no reason for it. Maybe you have a different or weird definition of chronic, but it's not widely accepted or at a minimum waaaayyy different than most.

I love a good, friendly, argument Martin. Nit-picking over the use of a word in a paragraph that clearly was referring to Frank's repeated injury in a different context, is not fun. Nix does that a lot.

As far as the second poster, when the primary method of communication are passive aggressive, petty, comments which rarely (if ever) have anything to do with basketball, or sports in general. Then yes, I believe its only fair that Im allowed to respond in kind, if you dont address the issue.

If this is all Im going to be getting from this person, everything but basketball, you should encourage this person to find someone else to talk to, instead of always waiting for my response.

I get the feeling if I conversed with you only this way, you wouldn't like it. Most people dont, but I guess it serves a purpose...

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/11/2017  8:08 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

All true. No need to overstate. Kid is still 24. He needed grooming. He's had NBA experience now so his future is in his hands now.

Just to add... I could make similiar points about Baker and Frank... but guys let expectations get in the way of what's really in front of them.

I don't want to keep talking about a guy we randomly picked up who was on the outside looking in the league. All I'm saying is let's see what happens

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
martin
USA
10/11/2017  8:09 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:

I love a good, friendly, argument Martin. Nit-picking over the use of a word in a paragraph that clearly was referring to Frank's repeated injury in a different context, is not fun. Nix does that a lot.

As far as the second poster, when the primary method of communication are passive aggressive, petty, comments which rarely (if ever) have anything to do with basketball, or sports in general. Then yes, I believe its only fair that Im allowed to respond in kind, if you dont address the issue.

If this is all Im going to be getting from this person, everything but basketball, you should encourage this person to find someone else to talk to, instead of always waiting for my response.

I get the feeling if I conversed with you only this way, you wouldn't like it. Most people dont, but I guess it serves a purpose...

Use the ignore feature if you don't want to read or respond.

Also, suggesting that someone has a chronic knee problem, in the context of Frank, is just flat wrong. Nix corrected; if you meant otherwise, state it or move on.

Otherwise, quite frankly, this whole place dissolves into something much worse and none of us are better for it and we can never have a back and forth.

Welcome Trey Burke

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy