10/11/2017  11:56 AM
he looks like AI
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
10/11/2017  11:56 AM
Good pickup. He is probably our best PG. Jack was tough to watch and should be cut.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/11/2017  12:00 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:I guess Sessions and Jack will be cut

Sessions going nowhere, not sure about Jack now.

This is a weird signing, for both the Knicks and Trey

it is a weird signing. They worked out Jack and Burke and chose to give the camp invite to Jack. Also, Burke was about to sign somewhere (OKC?) and then backed out. I like the signing.

Maybe Burke believes he has a better chance of earning meaningful minutes in NY.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/11/2017  12:00 PM
Knixkik wrote:Good pickup. He is probably our best PG. Jack was tough to watch and should be cut.

the knicks continue to stock pile some of the worse defenders in the league after declaring DEFENSE Is A PRIORITY

[

In his four-year career, Burke has averaged 10.6 points per game while suiting up for the Utah Jazz and, most recently, the Washington Wizards. The former No. 9 pick has been a liability on defense, ranking 78th out of 80 point guards in Defensive Real Plus-Minus in 2016-17. Burke has also struggled to create offense, and sports a career 3-point percentage of 33.7.
ES
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/11/2017  12:08 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Good pickup. He is probably our best PG. Jack was tough to watch and should be cut.

the knicks continue to stock pile some of the worse defenders in the league after declaring DEFENSE Is A PRIORITY

[

In his four-year career, Burke has averaged 10.6 points per game while suiting up for the Utah Jazz and, most recently, the Washington Wizards. The former No. 9 pick has been a liability on defense, ranking 78th out of 80 point guards in Defensive Real Plus-Minus in 2016-17. Burke has also struggled to create offense, and sports a career 3-point percentage of 33.7.

you need help
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
10/11/2017  12:18 PM
Frank needs to play and a lot.

Baker leads by example, a good piece. Sessions is a vet.

I think Jack will get cut. Burke to the G LEague unless he outplays someone.

fishmike
USA
10/11/2017  12:26 PM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:Frank needs to play and a lot.

Baker leads by example, a good piece. Sessions is a vet.

I think Jack will get cut. Burke to the G LEague unless he outplays someone.

I would think he's got a shot at the backup PG spot and some time in 3 guard alignments. Why would he come here otherwise? He was a good prospect. I would think at 25 he should be fighting for better than G league no? Just thinking out loud here...
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
10/11/2017  12:33 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

[

Oh, i didn't realize he was that bad.
Finestrg
Member: #1069

10/11/2017  12:33 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/11/2017  12:37 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:I like this signing.

Me too. Why not? Frank being hurt every time you turn around concerns the hell out of me. Just haven't gotten a chance to really see him play yet and see what he's all about. Sessions and Jack are short-term and were never great players anyway. Like a couple of Chris Duhons running around out there. ZZZZZzzzzz... FN may prove he's not an NBA PG. XRM is not NBA material. If anything, I thought Jamel Artis had some nice NBA potential as a SG/SF but they cut him loose about a week ago... I like Baker but why not shoot for something better here potentially with Burke? Look at Kyle Lowry early in his career -- took him several years to finally get a chance to shine. Talent-wise, I think Burke compares favorably to Lowry. Why the hell not, man? I could live with developing 2 young PGs with potential this year--Nitty AND Trey Burke. Let's see what happens..

Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
10/11/2017  12:50 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
Paris907 wrote:Jack is probably History ... and runornof Lance being traded may mean Lee or another guard not far behind. XRM didn’t handle his time on the floor well so he’s probably gone as well.
Hey Frank, where are you?

There is a rumor of Lance getting traded?

https://dailyknicks.com/2017/10/11/knicks-trade-rumors-lance-thomas-generating-interest/amp/

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/11/2017  12:55 PM
My guess is that they feel Burke may have more left in the tank and a little more upside. He's worth taking a look. They know what Jack is and Ramon as well. Might as well see what Burke offers. He's a different guy than they are so by nature he's going to add something different. He's shiftier and more elusive. He's not going to add any D but that's what Nitty and Baker are for. I'm expecting Nitty and Baker to have the best Plus/Minus at PG for this team. Burke could be a nice change of pace PG, as a smaller and trickier style of player.
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

10/11/2017  1:02 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/11/2017  1:02 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:

I believe it backs up Perry's contention that the Knicks want to compete, not just roll over. Frank looks like he is a ways off from being a reliable starting PG. Sessions and Jack are effective in limited minutes. Baker has to show aggressiveness for 4 quarters. Lots of guards right now who are capable of coming off the bench, but we're desperate for a PG who can have more of an immediate impact.

I like that Perry realizes that this team needs help at the point. If Kanter shows something, along with McDermott, maybe move them with KOQ for frontcourt defensive help, and a look at another PG, if Burke doesnt pan out.

This feels like a swing for the fences more than anything. Im guessing it will be either Jack or Sessions, not both being sent packing.

Agreed with the bold. Perry been signing pg's left and right since he arrived. This may be a reach but this Makes me think that Perry either believes Frank isn't a natural pg, is injury prone, or maybe just not as impressed with him as Mills proclaimed he was. I get the feeling that had Perry been here before the draft, Frank may not have been the pick...

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/11/2017  1:05 PM
Jack is still nursing injuries. He was terrible running the team the first 2 games. He was better in game 3. Scoring is no everything. He's only going to give you 12pts per. We need him to pass the ball. If he's gonna score might as well get a younger healthy body
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/11/2017  1:06 PM
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:

I believe it backs up Perry's contention that the Knicks want to compete, not just roll over. Frank looks like he is a ways off from being a reliable starting PG. Sessions and Jack are effective in limited minutes. Baker has to show aggressiveness for 4 quarters. Lots of guards right now who are capable of coming off the bench, but we're desperate for a PG who can have more of an immediate impact.

I like that Perry realizes that this team needs help at the point. If Kanter shows something, along with McDermott, maybe move them with KOQ for frontcourt defensive help, and a look at another PG, if Burke doesnt pan out.

This feels like a swing for the fences more than anything. Im guessing it will be either Jack or Sessions, not both being sent packing.

Agreed with the bold. Perry been signing pg's left and right since he arrived. This may be a reach but this Makes me think that Perry either believes Frank isn't a natural pg, is injury prone, or maybe just not as impressed with him as Mills proclaimed he was. I get the feeling that had Perry been here before the draft, Frank may not have been the pick...

I don't agree with this at all. I think Perry is merely trying to improve the roster where he can. I think they LOVE Nitty! Still he's only 19 and you can't depend on him being able to handle a huge role for a full 82 when he's never done that before and he's so young. This is NOT about Nitty not being good enough as a PG.
fishmike
USA
10/11/2017  2:07 PM
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:

are you guys basing the bold off the what? 17 preseason minutes?
fishmike
USA
10/11/2017  2:15 PM
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/11/2017  2:16 PM
fishmike wrote:

Aw man you beat me to it!

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/11/2017  2:46 PM
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:

XRM hasn't shown anything so my guess is he's done. I think they're happy with Nitty and Baker. Both defend and get the team into the offense. They may just want to try out Burke to see if he can add something better than XRM.

Jack may not make it. He's been just OK. They may feel Jack won't stand up to a full season.

Wasn't it assumed that XRM was G-League bound? Is Burke eligible for a two-way G-League contract. I've followed the Wizards a bit and I can tell you Sessions is probably better than Burke and rather have Jack as a mentor than Burke attempt a comeback. Who knows what this front office is thinking?
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
TPercy
Member: #5748

10/11/2017  2:48 PM
I guess defensive PG's are real hard to come by.
The Future is Bright!
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/11/2017  2:59 PM
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

[

Oh, i didn't realize he was that bad.

Is Ray Felton still in the league? Then we could have #80 too.

Welcome Trey Burke

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy