[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Softaway
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/10/2017  12:09 PM
GustavBahler wrote:I was impressed with the way THJ was mixing drives to the rim with jumpers. No one can really hang with Harden offensively in that system.

I thought as far as the offense went, Hardaway acquitted himself, he wasnt staying behind the rim and taking bad shots.

Defensively Im surprised that anyone is complaining about not being able to defend an MVP runner up, someone elite defenders have trouble with.

to my eyes there was no bright spot in this game, but the two guys who played well were Dotson and THjr. The only thing I have seen in preseason worth repeating is that Lee/Dotson/THjr look good, and I would have 2 of those 3 on the floor most of the time.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

10/10/2017  12:10 PM
Caseloads wrote:We will regret this singing for a long time. Still same sucky player

While signing made no sense to me at the time, it's still yet to be seen if it was a waste.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Jmpasq
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4182

10/11/2017  8:02 AM
GustavBahler wrote:I was impressed with the way THJ was mixing drives to the rim with jumpers. No one can really hang with Harden offensively in that system.

I thought as far as the offense went, Hardaway acquitted himself, he wasnt staying behind the rim and taking bad shots.

Defensively Im surprised that anyone is complaining about not being able to defend an MVP runner up, someone elite defenders have trouble with.

Yeah he is a better player now than before we traded him. When I look around the league at other SG contracts that aren't rookie deals his really isnt that bad. I hated this signing at first but im warming to indifferent. My biggest problem with the deal is that good teams generally have guys on below market deals and this isnt that. At best I think we are getting our money which doesn't really equate to winning.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/11/2017  8:57 AM
Jmpasq wrote:

Yeah he is a better player now than before we traded him. When I look around the league at other SG contracts that aren't rookie deals his really isnt that bad. I hated this signing at first but im warming to indifferent. My biggest problem with the deal is that good teams generally have guys on below market deals and this isnt that. At best I think we are getting our money which doesn't really equate to winning.
it does when it fills a position of need. Its still cost controlled at a high but reasonable and movable salary attached to a 25 year old player who has shown some remaining upside in the league. Not every move has to be home run. This was a nice opposite field single. We need young guys and THjr is also at a good experience level. Young vet, but still coachable.

This may not turn out to be a great signing but I think the perspective above at least justifies taking a shot. Just my 2c
I am bullish on him. If he's an eff% scorer this was a great move IMO. If he struggles on offense we have a very average player making money. See Allan Crabbe and Evan Turner

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Softaway

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy