Preseason Gamethread: Knicks v Houston
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/10/2017  10:09 AM
nixluva wrote:
fishmike wrote:ultimately it was another messy game. Again.. its preseason. Knicks showed a little fight getting back into it but not much. They are still a mess on the court with some key guys hurt.

Enjoy the process

I actually am going to enjoy the process! 😎 We have a nice group of players to follow this season and see how they develop. This is going to be a real challenge for them. No more BS just basketball.
I can live with that. This is the only way to know just what we have and what we need.

yea but now the basketball has become the BS. I mean they look terrible man. Whatever it is you wanted to see in this preseason as a Knick fan you didnt see it.
No semblance of a rotation
No Frank
No defense

Dotson has looked good and they are moving the ball. Aside from that we look right on track to be among the NBA's worst

fishmike - Making UltimateKnicks great again
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
10/10/2017  10:37 AM
fishmike wrote:
nixluva wrote:
fishmike wrote:ultimately it was another messy game. Again.. its preseason. Knicks showed a little fight getting back into it but not much. They are still a mess on the court with some key guys hurt.

Enjoy the process

I actually am going to enjoy the process! 😎 We have a nice group of players to follow this season and see how they develop. This is going to be a real challenge for them. No more BS just basketball.
I can live with that. This is the only way to know just what we have and what we need.

yea but now the basketball has become the BS. I mean they look terrible man. Whatever it is you wanted to see in this preseason as a Knick fan you didnt see it.
No Frank
No defense

Dotson has looked good and they are moving the ball. Aside from that we look right on track to be among the NBA's worst

I kind of disagree. There is some progress being made even if it's hard to perceive. They've gotta get players healthy and keep working. The team D was actually better but the Rockets superior talent and experience made it look bad anyway. The Rockets are in Title Contender form so yeah that gap is huge compared to the Knicks who are RAW.

The Knicks need to stay together and believe in each other. Keep learning and working on their execution. This season is about GROWTH more than anything. It's looked ugly but I still expect things to tighten up considerably as they establish a rotation and build chemistry.

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

10/10/2017  10:55 AM
fishmike wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Enjoy the process

No Frank
No defense

Think its way too early to say what type of team we have. Also, as you mentioned, we have not seen some of the key changes play together for any extended time. Kuz and Baker have not played. Not that they are big game changers but they are guys that should be more comfortable. Think we definately have a deeper squad. And some good PROS. Consider that we had Lance, Baker, KO and Sasha as first off bench last year. Also, the pre season is mostly to gauge which guys will make the cut and to try to see how certain rotations play well together. Think things will be different once JH has set rotations and let's them build some chemistry.

Melo Haters = Lin lovers who are mad Houston paid so much for his 15 Minutes,
Cartman718
Member: #1694

10/10/2017  11:12 AM
nixluva wrote:
fishmike wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Enjoy the process

No Frank
No defense

I kind of disagree. There is some progress being made even if it's hard to perceive. They've gotta get players healthy and keep working. The team D was actually better but the Rockets superior talent and experience made it look bad anyway. The Rockets are in Title Contender form so yeah that gap is huge compared to the Knicks who are RAW.

The Knicks need to stay together and believe in each other. Keep learning and working on their execution. This season is about GROWTH more than anything. It's looked ugly but I still expect things to tighten up considerably as they establish a rotation and build chemistry.

hard to perceive progress is just that....negligible. i am not disagreeing that we should follow the process.
but lets get ready for a really high pick. #1 hopefully.

imho you are a little disconnected from reality.
the fact that players are not healthy is not a testament to the luck factor...its a testament to the knicks fragility.

Rest of Forum (for example): Baker and LT got their faces punched in.
You: They weren't punched that bad, and at least it was only their faces not their whole body. I am looking forward to them trying to dodge the punches.

We all know that KP is not ready to be an all-star in this league yet. Maybe next season.
For now, lets enjoy our own "process" to get to the #1 pick because we are not winning games with the red carpet to the basket.

No defense is D'Antoni's calling card, but how many layups and WIDE OPEN 3's did Rockets have? Capella was looking like Shaq out there beating Kanter on defense easily. We have an all-offense team. Maybe Frank can show the light for defense a little.

But who's listening to him?
This is what I was talking about when we signed Tim Hardaway Jr and then traded for Kanter. If our goal is to become way better on defense per the blog that Mills wrote, where are our defensive players?

Sounds like Coach, GM, Prez are not on the same page.

The ONE positive of our team, the future is hopeful and we are a younger team now, thank God for that.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
fishmike
USA
10/10/2017  11:16 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Enjoy the process

No Frank
No defense

Think its way too early to say what type of team we have. Also, as you mentioned, we have not seen some of the key changes play together for any extended time. Kuz and Baker have not played. Not that they are big game changers but they are guys that should be more comfortable. Think we definately have a deeper squad. And some good PROS. Consider that we had Lance, Baker, KO and Sasha as first off bench last year. Also, the pre season is mostly to gauge which guys will make the cut and to try to see how certain rotations play well together. Think things will be different once JH has set rotations and let's them build some chemistry.

of course its way to early. Key players are banged up. Others have failed to separate themselves from their peers. Players have not made it easy for Jeff to do whatever it is he wants to do.

Im not down on the process. I think they had a very good offseason, but they look terrible out of the gate. Thats just making honest observations. I think if we were healthy from top to bottom it would look better. I also have no problem with holding guys out. Look at how injuries have hit teams with young players like Phili and Milw. I am all for babying these guys.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/10/2017  11:17 AM
We need an alpha PG, someone who is going to take charge of this team, but who can also lead the way on offense when needed. Would make it easier for Hornacek to set up a rotation IMO. Its the same problem as last year, no clear leader. Noah will help, if he's healthy and can produce. Many vets dont like to try and lead, if their game isn't doing the same. Which is understandable.
knicks1248
Member: #582
10/10/2017  11:47 AM
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Enjoy the process

No Frank
No defense

of course its way to early. Key players are banged up. Others have failed to separate themselves from their peers. Players have not made it easy for Jeff to do whatever it is he wants to do.

Im not down on the process. I think they had a very good offseason, but they look terrible out of the gate. Thats just making honest observations. I think if we were healthy from top to bottom it would look better. I also have no problem with holding guys out. Look at how injuries have hit teams with young players like Phili and Milw. I am all for babying these guys.

IF THEY DONT PLAY, I will you evaluate them, how will you know what rotation works?

ES
martin
Alba Posts: 106
Member: #2
USA
10/10/2017  11:50 AM
smackeddog wrote:I think D'Antoni is still salty at us over his stint here, and the players are salty because we didn't trade Melo to them. Jokes on them though, as losses are good for us this season!

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
nixluva
USA
10/10/2017  11:58 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
fishmike wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Enjoy the process

No Frank
No defense

hard to perceive progress is just that....negligible. i am not disagreeing that we should follow the process.

the fact that players are not healthy is not a testament to the luck factor...its a testament to the knicks fragility.

You: They weren't punched that bad, and at least it was only their faces not their whole body. I am looking forward to them trying to dodge the punches.

We all know that KP is not ready to be an all-star in this league yet. Maybe next season.
For now, lets enjoy our own "process" to get to the #1 pick because we are not winning games with the red carpet to the basket.

No defense is D'Antoni's calling card, but how many layups and WIDE OPEN 3's did Rockets have? Capella was looking like Shaq out there beating Kanter on defense easily. We have an all-offense team. Maybe Frank can show the light for defense a little.

This is what I was talking about when we signed Tim Hardaway Jr and then traded for Kanter. If our goal is to become way better on defense per the blog that Mills wrote, where are our defensive players?

The ONE positive of our team, the future is hopeful and we are a younger team now, thank God for that.

You've got jokes! Good for a career as a Clown or Comedian but doesn't help make your point. We know the team is rebuilding and the focus is more on development than purely W/L column. You're taking my positive outlook out of context. The positive statements have to be kept in perspective since this is a rebuilding effort.

I'm not suggesting this team is going to be great or even good but I am expecting them to play better than they have so far in preseason. The projection is 30 wins so that is the reference point for this team to try to exceed. The Knicks may start slow but they have to keep working and look to finish the season stronger.

You can go enjoy trashing our developing players while I look for signs of growth and progress.

reub
Member: #6227

10/10/2017  12:08 PM
Did people in the media really expect for us to be good in the beginning of a rebuild? I mean, they do know we’re rebuilding right? Right?
nixluva
USA
10/10/2017  12:34 PM
reub wrote:Did people in the media really expect for us to be good in the beginning of a rebuild? I mean, they do know we’re rebuilding right? Right?

The Media LOVES bashing the Knicks. This is just going to be a feeding frenzy if the Knicks start off slowly. They're hoping for a complete meltdown as usual. They'll be writing articles on when Jeff will get fired. It's all so predictable.

If KP thought he was gonna get some love from the press he's in for a RUDE awakening. He better not come out slow cuz his face is gonna be on back pages from now on. NY Media is savage.

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

10/10/2017  12:41 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/10/2017  12:46 PM
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Enjoy the process

No Frank
No defense

True. Also seems like KP and Timmy think they have to take over the Melo role of being the superstar. They are and will find out that it is not so easy. Will see how they adjust.

Would like to see Frank, Lee, Tim, KP and Willy get some consistent time together. Sub in Kanter for Willy, Beasley for Tim, Mcbuckets, Jack or Sessions and Baker. Don't know what happens to Kuz, Lance, KO or Dotson.

Although, would be curious to see what a truly athletic defense rotation of KP, Lance, Frank, Dotson, Baker would look like. Or stick Lee on there instead of Baker.

Melo Haters = Lin lovers who are mad Houston paid so much for his 15 Minutes,
fishmike
USA
10/10/2017  1:24 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Enjoy the process

No Frank
No defense

True. Also seems like KP and Timmy think they have to take over the Melo role of being the superstar. They are and will find out that it is not so easy. Will see how they adjust.

Would like to see Frank, Lee, Tim, KP and Willy get some consistent time together. Sub in Kanter for Willy, Beasley for Tim, Mcbuckets, Jack or Sessions and Baker. Don't know what happens to Kuz, Lance, KO or Dotson.

Although, would be curious to see what a truly athletic defense rotation of KP, Lance, Frank, Dotson, Baker would look like. Or stick Lee on there instead of Baker.

Problem is Lance has been terrible. It looks like he's picking up where he left off last year, missing everything.

You are right about the first line up and I that is the one I want to see together for starting for 20 games:
Frank, Lee, THjr, KP, Willy.
To me that is the squad.

I love Kanter off the bench. Beas showed he merits finding minutes. Maybe with a short leash.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/10/2017  1:37 PM
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Enjoy the process

No Frank
No defense

Problem is Lance has been terrible. It looks like he's picking up where he left off last year, missing everything.

You are right about the first line up and I that is the one I want to see together for starting for 20 games:
Frank, Lee, THjr, KP, Willy.
To me that is the squad.

I love Kanter off the bench. Beas showed he merits finding minutes. Maybe with a short leash.

If Hornacek can give Thomas a defined role, I believe LT will contribute on both ends of the court. Looks like he is trying to figure out where Hornacek wants him to be. Kanter will probably be too expensive to keep beyond his player option, if Kanter picks it up. Im guessing we're going to find out how badly we need more defense in the paint. Kanter might get us some help via trade to a playoff team.

I do like what Kanter brings to the table, but I dont see him sticking long term. Not many scoring big men like him available, someone is going to pay him.

awe1028
Member: #2780

10/10/2017  3:19 PM
nixluva wrote:
nixluva wrote:I actually am going to enjoy the process! 😎 We have a nice group of players to follow this season and see how they develop. This is going to be a real challenge for them. No more BS just basketball.

I agree. I for one am also going to enjoy the process. I am looking forward to seeing Frank, DD, KP, Willie develop. I am looking forward to Kanter decimating defenses in the post.

I also agree there is positive progress being made that is cause for encouragement. For example it is nice to see Frank and DD playing defense and Kanter living up to the expectations on the offense. Obviously it is going to take time to all come together.

One last thing: This season will be a lose win. If it turns out that the doom and gloomers are right and the Knicks lose a lot it well be a win because we have Michael Porter and Luca Doncic to look forward to.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/10/2017  3:52 PM
smackeddog wrote:
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

That's what I was thinking. I thought it seemed like he was playing a lot of minutes for a preseason blowout.

They wanted to win the game, that's being competitive and getting into winning habits.

Sure but it still seemed like overkill to me. The Knicks weren't a serious threat late in the game so I don't agree that it was necessary for a team that is a contender. They didn't need Harden at that point to win the game.

I think D'Antoni is still salty at us over his stint here, and the players are salty because we didn't trade Melo to them. Jokes on them though, as losses are good for us this season!

I agree. The guy waited 5 years and finally started winning again and then went after Melo last spring. I don't think he moves on quickly.
I think we know what we're doing..... Phil Jackson
Cartman718
Member: #1694

10/11/2017  1:51 PM
nixluva wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
fishmike wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Enjoy the process

No Frank
No defense

You've got jokes! Good for a career as a Clown or Comedian but doesn't help make your point. We know the team is rebuilding and the focus is more on development than purely W/L column. You're taking my positive outlook out of context. The positive statements have to be kept in perspective since this is a rebuilding effort.

I'm not suggesting this team is going to be great or even good but I am expecting them to play better than they have so far in preseason. The projection is 30 wins so that is the reference point for this team to try to exceed. The Knicks may start slow but they have to keep working and look to finish the season stronger.

You can go enjoy trashing our developing players while I look for signs of growth and progress.

i already made my point, it just doesn't register with you. and that's ok. i am hoping actually that although there is development that the wins are well below 30. we need a top 3 pick. maybe draft a killer SF so these guys can all develop together.
finishing with > 30 wins and that means we are again drafting outside of the top 5.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
nixluva
USA
10/11/2017  4:30 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
fishmike wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Enjoy the process

No Frank
No defense

i already made my point, it just doesn't register with you. and that's ok. i am hoping actually that although there is development that the wins are well below 30. we need a top 3 pick. maybe draft a killer SF so these guys can all develop together.
finishing with > 30 wins and that means we are again drafting outside of the top 5.

If the Knicks lose big naturally then so be it. They're not Tanking and will be trying to win as many games as possible.

As for needing a Top 3 Pick that's a hard thing to do even if you're trying. Even if you get a top 3 it's not a lock you get the right player either. The Knicks can't operate focusing on that and they're very likely to look for trades this season to clear up glut on the roster. It's going to be a very tough season for many reasons. So you could get your wish of less than 30 wins but we're a long way from the Knicks pulling the plug on this season.

reub
Member: #6227

10/11/2017  6:13 PM
Someone should really have flattened The Beard for taking those wild shots late in a one-sided game.

We need to grow a backbone and that starts with the coach. Winning teams don't let themselves be doormats.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

10/12/2017  6:11 AM
Cartman718 wrote:

From what I'm seeing there is zero chance this team wins 30 games. We are really, really, bad.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Preseason Gamethread: Knicks v Houston

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.