[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
10/8/2017  11:41 PM
Has anyone signed up for this streaming tv service? It is the only streaming service that offers msg and msg+ at this time. They do not have tnt, tbs or espn but otherwise their sports content is not matched by the other streaming options out there from what I have read. I am currently doing a free trial with directv now so I can watch the Yankees on FS1. I love their service but not having msg is a deal killer for me.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
USA
10/8/2017  11:57 PM
I am going to do the free trial when the season starts. I only am able to get one msg channel with my cable provider and Knick games are blacked out for Sabres games where I live.
CrushAlot
USA
10/9/2017  12:53 AM
https://www.fubo.tv/lp/football/?cta=Redeem%20Free%20Month&coupon=slickdeals1monthfreefootball&utm_source=Slickdeals_Football_Newesletter&utm_campaign=slickdeals&irad=401688&irmp=10451
CrushAlot
USA
10/18/2017  4:07 PM
Update: I am on my free trial and I really like this service. The roku app is in the beta stage so it does not look as good when you are selecting a program. However, compared to DirectTv Now, it has had no lagging with streams. It also is the only streaming service to offer MSG and msg2. There is a phone app that has worked fine and has a casting option. I am not able to get MSG go so this allows me to catch games on my phone if I need to. Biggest downfalls are no espn, TNT or tbs. I am not a soccer fan but there s a ton of soccer content offered.
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

10/18/2017  4:34 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Update: I am on my free trial and I really like this service. The roku app is in the beta stage so it does not look as good when you are selecting a program. However, compared to DirectTv Now, it has had no lagging with streams. It also is the only streaming service to offer MSG and msg2. There is a phone app that has worked fine and has a casting option. I am not able to get MSG go so this allows me to catch games on my phone if I need to. Biggest downfalls are no espn, TNT or tbs. I am not a soccer fan but there s a ton of soccer content offered.

Wow, i missed this earlier so im glad you gave an update. Its weird because around the time of your first post is when I was checking on fubo tv myself but i was in my directv now trial. Im not a fan of Directv now when it comes to sports because of the lack of espn3. Right now though im in my sling tv trial but I'll definitely give fubo a try starting sunday.

CrushAlot
USA
10/18/2017  5:33 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Update: I am on my free trial and I really like this service. The roku app is in the beta stage so it does not look as good when you are selecting a program. However, compared to DirectTv Now, it has had no lagging with streams. It also is the only streaming service to offer MSG and msg2. There is a phone app that has worked fine and has a casting option. I am not able to get MSG go so this allows me to catch games on my phone if I need to. Biggest downfalls are no espn, TNT or tbs. I am not a soccer fan but there s a ton of soccer content offered.

Wow, i missed this earlier so im glad you gave an update. Its weird because around the time of your first post is when I was checking on fubo tv myself but i was in my directv now trial. Im not a fan of Directv now when it comes to sports because of the lack of espn3. Right now though im in my sling tv trial but I'll definitely give fubo a try starting sunday.

I liked DirectTv Now but it didn't offer msg for me. In the past I have paid for streaming services like ballstreams etc. but I don't be grudge paying for legal content, I just didn't have access to it. Also, some of the streaming services are asking for payment in bitcoin or other less traceable ways and I don't really want to go there.
I would love to hear what you think of sling tv.
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/19/2017  8:13 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/19/2017  8:16 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

I liked DirectTv Now but it didn't offer msg for me. In the past I have paid for streaming services like ballstreams etc. but I don't be grudge paying for legal content, I just didn't have access to it. Also, some of the streaming services are asking for payment in bitcoin or other less traceable ways and I don't really want to go there.

If you get DTV sports pack, you will get 24hrs MSG and YES network.., and when you call give them a sob story about you and your family are considering canceling, because everything is cheaper to stream.they will offer you a nice little package..

just did it a week ago, went from $225 to $104,and that's redzone, nba league, and every other sports channel, I just have to re-up for 12 months, that was the only draw back.

ES
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
10/19/2017  8:17 AM
I live in Dallas Inhave MSG and th plus. They block out the games. I tri d to watch preseason they were always blacked out. Probably have to follow the Knicks on NBA package. I really don’t want the whole package.
knicks1248
Member: #582
10/19/2017  8:24 AM
Vmart wrote:I live in Dallas Inhave MSG and th plus. They block out the games. I tri d to watch preseason they were always blacked out. Probably have to follow the Knicks on NBA package. I really don’t want the whole package.

They stop playing the preseason games a few yrs back, now they give you the first week and a half for free.

ES
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
10/19/2017  11:39 AM
Vmart wrote:I live in Dallas Inhave MSG and th plus. They block out the games. I tri d to watch preseason they were always blacked out. Probably have to follow the Knicks on NBA package. I really don’t want the whole package.

You can now sign up only for 1 team ( Knicks) on the NBA package. Cost is $99 which is pretty good.

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
yellowboy90

10/19/2017  5:57 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

Its great for college sports and all arount tv. The only problem is it is a little disjointed by having two kinds of viewing options(blue and orange). Sling blue you can stream the same channel on multiple devices plus you can record and store everthing on your cloud dvr but with sling orange you can only stream channels on one device and you cant record at all. I think sling is a little better than directv when it comes to usability. Directv is a little clunky to me.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/19/2017  6:59 PM
BigRedDog wrote:

You can now sign up only for 1 team ( Knicks) on the NBA package. Cost is $99 which is pretty good.

This is probably what I’m gonna do this time. I already have NBATV, ESPN, TNT, TBS, SportsSouth ATL and WGN Chicago.

CrushAlot
USA
11/22/2017  11:54 PM
I love this service. The Knicks were blacked out for me on Spectrum tonight. I used Fubo's cloud dvr to tape tonight's game. I don't know of another service that offers two msg channels.
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
11/23/2017  8:14 AM
I have MSG on Diectv but the game gets blacked out. Signed up for one team on league pass.
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

11/23/2017  11:44 AM
CrushAlot wrote:Has anyone signed up for this streaming tv service? It is the only streaming service that offers msg and msg+ at this time. They do not have tnt, tbs or espn but otherwise their sports content is not matched by the other streaming options out there from what I have read. I am currently doing a free trial with directv now so I can watch the Yankees on FS1. I love their service but not having msg is a deal killer for me.

What is the cheapest cost/package that would get you MSG...

No MSG on Sling and the bootleg sites drove me crazy so I finally decided to do League Pass. I use a VPN service to mask my NY IP adress so I don't get blacked out. Quality is not great- but infinitely better than the free sites I was trying to use, though the VPN might be causing the problems...sometimes there is a data slowdown.

If fubu is about 15/Month, it would be a better deal than league pass because I don't watch a ton of non-Knicks games, so it might be something I consider at some point.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
CrushAlot
USA
11/23/2017  12:31 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Has anyone signed up for this streaming tv service? It is the only streaming service that offers msg and msg+ at this time. They do not have tnt, tbs or espn but otherwise their sports content is not matched by the other streaming options out there from what I have read. I am currently doing a free trial with directv now so I can watch the Yankees on FS1. I love their service but not having msg is a deal killer for me.

No MSG on Sling and the bootleg sites drove me crazy so I finally decided to do League Pass. I use a VPN service to mask my NY IP adress so I don't get blacked out. Quality is not great- but infinitely better than the free sites I was trying to use, though the VPN might be causing the problems...sometimes there is a data slowdown.

If fubu is about 15/Month, it would be a better deal than league pass because I don't watch a ton of non-Knicks games, so it might be something I consider at some point.

Fubo is free for a week and then $20.00 a month for the first two months. After that it jumps to $39.00 a month. I am in a similar situation to you in that league pass blacks out the knicks/nets for me because of where I live.
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

11/24/2017  12:21 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

Fubo is free for a week and then $20.00 a month for the first two months. After that it jumps to $39.00 a month. I am in a similar situation to you in that league pass blacks out the knicks/nets for me because of where I live.

Too much.

The VPN I use is about $3/month. If you use an Android TV box you can find free VPNs and get around the League Pass blackouts.

At the price you mention...I can't justify it at this point.

Too bad.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
CrushAlot
USA
1/17/2018  10:36 PM
Still using Fubo but spectrum has gone all digital and I know longer get espn. Had a free trial for a month on direct tv now because I received another roku at christmas. I activated the free trial tonight and was surprised to see that they now have msg, msg+ and YES. Back in October I signed up for a free trial to watch the Yankees on FS1. At that time they did not have msg and I don't think they had YES. I signed up for the $70.00 package for my free month. Not sure if you get msg if you sign up for a lower cost package. I also am not sure if access to msg is based on location. I live just outside of Rochester.
yellowboy90

1/18/2018  8:00 AM
CrushAlot wrote:Still using Fubo but spectrum has gone all digital and I know longer get espn. Had a free trial for a month on direct tv now because I received another roku at christmas. I activated the free trial tonight and was surprised to see that they now have msg, msg+ and YES. Back in October I signed up for a free trial to watch the Yankees on FS1. At that time they did not have msg and I don't think they had YES. I signed up for the $70.00 package for my free month. Not sure if you get msg if you sign up for a lower cost package. I also am not sure if access to msg is based on location. I live just outside of Rochester.

It is. I think it goes by your billing address.

CrushAlot
USA
3/6/2018  9:08 PM
Just found out during the Olympics that Fubo allows you to access nbc sports network. NBC has a ton of nba games. Tonight every game except for the tnt game is being broadcast on there. I haven't checked to see if Knick/Net games are blacked out there.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy