[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks vs Nets game thread 10-8-17 7:30pm!!!
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/9/2017  9:43 AM
man we look terrible. Good. Guys need to figure it out. Whatever "things" they are working on I hope they are getting their reps in!
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
Finestrg
Member: #1069

10/9/2017  9:47 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/9/2017  9:49 AM
martin wrote:
Finestrg wrote:Didn't see the last two games but at least Willy and Hardaway played well last night..

Man I thought Hardaway played horribly. So many mental mistakes. So many bad shots. So many defensive errors.

Oh ok, just going by the post game comments by Pito, Hahn and Wally + the highlights/box score. His offense looked pretty good from what I saw but I'm sure there was a lot more to it like you're saying.

Injury update? Are KP and McDermott's serious?

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/9/2017  10:07 AM
Finestrg wrote:
martin wrote:
Finestrg wrote:Didn't see the last two games but at least Willy and Hardaway played well last night..

Man I thought Hardaway played horribly. So many mental mistakes. So many bad shots. So many defensive errors.

Oh ok, just going by the post game comments by Pito, Hahn and Wally + the highlights/box score. His offense looked pretty good from what I saw but I'm sure there was a lot more to it like you're saying.

Injury update? Are KP and McDermott's serious?

Just by the boxscore alone: 26 minutes, 5 fouls, 5 TO's

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
TPercy
Member: #5748

10/9/2017  10:12 AM
We need to trade for a new 3 me thinks.
The Future is Bright!
nyknickzingis
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6207

10/9/2017  11:01 AM
TPercy wrote:We need to trade for a new 3 me thinks.

Or just give McDermott or Thomas (our actual real 3's) a serious consistent run at starting SF.
McDermott didn't play bad in opening game of preseason. Actually really well. Don't know why he is not given consistent run as the starter to show what he can do.

No matter what we do, we're not going to be a great defensive team this year.
However we should be able to score lots with a good scoring lineup that has post scoring, good pick setters, shooters, point guard that looks to move the ball as well as wings that can create shots.

For me it's simple we need to go with

Kanter (Best low post scorer on the team from the bigs, sets good screens)
Porzingis (Best all around player can play from in, out, midrange)
McDermott (Best shooter from 3 with 3 size)
Hardaway (Best wing shot creator and can shoot the 3)
Ntilikina or Baker (Pass first point guard with a tenacity on defense)

We have not seen Horny use this lineup. For one Ron has been injured and Frank has been in/out. However once Ron returns we need to commit to this lineup for the first month of the season.

Kanter/Porzingis/McDermott/Hardaway/Baker

Off the bench bring in - Willy/Kuzminskas or Beasley/Thomas/Lee/Ntilikina

Maybe for the start of the season bring Frank off the bench because it seems his body is not ready for the NBA grind yet (already getting hurt quite a bit).

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

10/9/2017  11:18 AM
Gudris wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:Hornachek is experimenting a lot in the preseason.
We have seen
O'Quinn/Porzingis/McDermott/THj/Sessions
Kanter/Beasley/Lee/THj/Sessions
Willy/Porzingis/Lee/Hardaway/Jack

as the starting 5.

It's not going to be easy if you constantly shuffle the starting lineups in a new team.

In contrast the Nets who are 3-0 have started

Mosgov/Carroll/Jefferson/Russell/Lin

One team is clearly set on what the starting 5 needs to be, while the other team is still searching.

I don't mind Hornachek using preseason to figure out this. Some of the best teams have poor preseason records. However, at some point, Horny needs to get a starting 5 and stick with it.

it is hard to do this if so many are injured

Kanter has not been injured, nor has Willy.
Yet Horny started O'Quinn once, Kanter once and Willy once.
Pretty much gave each a chance.
Maybe he is trying to show them they have to earn it.

McDermott has been available each game. He had a solid game 1, should have been given 2 more runs as starter.

We have had the following starters.

O'Quinn 1
Kanter 1
Willy 1
Porzingis 2
Beasley 1
McDermott 1
Hardaway 3
Lee 2
Sessions 2
Jack 1

10 different players in starting lineup.

Either way, consistency is better. However it is preseason so I'm ok with this. The regular season starts in little over a week and I don't think the coaching staff has a real definitive plan as to who should start.

Can't blame Phil or Triangle anymore.

smackeddog
Member: #883
10/9/2017  12:24 PM
martin wrote:

He looked beyond diabolical last year in the preseason- shot horrifically (I remember feeling vindicated that we traded him!), however he became good once the season started- maybe he's just not a preseason guy.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/9/2017  12:32 PM
Hahn's take:
Thoughts on Knicks' preseason loss in Brooklyn:
At 0-3 we're seeing (and hearing) a lot of the same issues of the past year, especially with defense. Hornacek seemed visibly annoyed by it. "We did the wrong things quite a bit tonight," he said. Hornacek also referenced the 24 turnovers -- after 29 TOs in Washington -- as a result of "soft passes."
What we have heard from the hierarchy is that the intent is to have a hard-working team that will compete. Hornacek, however, once again referenced a need to be "scrappier" as a team. He also bemoaned the rash of injures as "bumps and bruises," which suggests he's getting impatient with it.
And the injuries have mostly impeded his (and our) opportunity to see just what he has to work with at the start of the season. We've barely seen Ntilikina (sore knee) play. No Ron Baker (ankle), who is expected to be in the guard rotation. No Kuz.
There's just too many players who are pretty much at the same level.
On a positive note: Willy Hernangomez looks great. He manufactures a lot of production in a short period of time. The question: is he a legit NBA starter or better off the bench behind Enes Kanter?
One of them has to be the right fit with KP.
Ah, yes, KP. Let's get to it. Wally and I took him to task last night on the halftime show for being -20 in 16 minutes (some of you may have caught a preview of that thanks to a hot mic during the game broadcast....it's nothing we didn't also say on air during halftime and also nothing I wouldn't have tweeted or said here.)
Anyway...KP had some good moments (3 blocked shots, including one that started a terrific break that ended in a Hardaway Jr. alley-oop), but the sore hip that knocked him out of the second half is a concern. We showed an interview on-air of KP saying he wants to be an all-star this season and to be an all-star you have to have all of your abilities on display. The most important ability? Your availability.
Tonight, the Knicks host the Rockets (on MSG Network) in one of the final two preseason games. Hornacek said he wants to get to numbers and rotations by the end of the week, but players have to get healthy first.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/9/2017  1:03 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:
Gudris wrote:
We have seen

as the starting 5.

It's not going to be easy if you constantly shuffle the starting lineups in a new team.

One team is clearly set on what the starting 5 needs to be, while the other team is still searching.

I don't mind Hornachek using preseason to figure out this. Some of the best teams have poor preseason records. However, at some point, Horny needs to get a starting 5 and stick with it.

McDermott has been available each game. He had a solid game 1, should have been given 2 more runs as starter.

O'Quinn 1
Kanter 1
Willy 1
Porzingis 2
Beasley 1
McDermott 1
Hardaway 3
Lee 2
Sessions 2
Jack 1

Either way, consistency is better. However it is preseason so I'm ok with this. The regular season starts in little over a week and I don't think the coaching staff has a real definitive plan as to who should start.

Actually Jeff seemed to have them working on Triangle yesterday. It most definitely wasn't Early Spread PnR!!! Look at this possession and you can see it's Triangle spacing rather than Spread PnR!

I thought things looked strange and slow. The turnovers had a lot to do with trying to have players execute passes in Triangle style sets which they're not used to doing. This could've been a Test to see how they handled it.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/9/2017  1:18 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nixluva
USA
10/9/2017  1:25 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

I'm happy for Atkinson. I trust his take on things as well. He's one that got away.

Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

10/9/2017  2:19 PM
nixluva wrote:
Papabear wrote:
nixluva wrote:
WP76 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
WP76 wrote:So which center do we get rid of? Based on skills, it'd have to be Noah but since he has the albatross contract, I'd think KOQ is the most likely one on the chopping block. Sometimes life ain't fair.

Yeah that Noah thing makes KOQ a lame duck.

If not the worst, the Noah signing has to be at the top of the discussion of Jackson's most horrible moves.

Just gotta suck it up cuz there's no getting rid of Noah right now. KOQ doesn't fit the new direction. He's a Triangle style player.

Papabear Says

Suck what up? Like I said before these guys can't shoot and it will be for the rest of the season. We have no one to build on. Some of you complained about us trying to get Kyrie Irving but no guys complained. Kyrie can shoot the ball. These guys can't they have the wrong coach for this group of guys.

I don't see shooting as being one of the main problems. The Knicks have shooters. We still have to see how this team plays when they have a healthy Ntilikina and Baker. IMO Jack and Sessions should come off the bench behind Baker and Nitty. I've seen nothing that makes me think Jack or Sessions brings the needed presence at PG.

Papabear Says

Nixluva I admire you positive thought process regarding the Knicks. I hope that you are right.

Papabear
knicks1248
Member: #582
10/9/2017  2:27 PM
Papabear wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Papabear wrote:
nixluva wrote:
WP76 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
WP76 wrote:So which center do we get rid of? Based on skills, it'd have to be Noah but since he has the albatross contract, I'd think KOQ is the most likely one on the chopping block. Sometimes life ain't fair.

If not the worst, the Noah signing has to be at the top of the discussion of Jackson's most horrible moves.

Just gotta suck it up cuz there's no getting rid of Noah right now. KOQ doesn't fit the new direction. He's a Triangle style player.

Papabear Says

Suck what up? Like I said before these guys can't shoot and it will be for the rest of the season. We have no one to build on. Some of you complained about us trying to get Kyrie Irving but no guys complained. Kyrie can shoot the ball. These guys can't they have the wrong coach for this group of guys.

I don't see shooting as being one of the main problems. The Knicks have shooters. We still have to see how this team plays when they have a healthy Ntilikina and Baker. IMO Jack and Sessions should come off the bench behind Baker and Nitty. I've seen nothing that makes me think Jack or Sessions brings the needed presence at PG.

Papabear Says

Nixluva I admire you positive thought process regarding the Knicks. I hope that you are right.

nixluva is always going to focus on potential, and be pretty damn optimistic, until reality comes crashing down, then he becomes completely baffled as wtf are they doing out there, why is JH not doing this, why is the defense so pathetic, we can't we shoot, we can't we pass.

ES
nixluva
USA
10/9/2017  2:39 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/9/2017  2:40 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Papabear wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Papabear wrote:
nixluva wrote:
WP76 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Papabear Says

Papabear Says

nixluva is always going to focus on potential, and be pretty damn optimistic, until reality comes crashing down, then he becomes completely baffled as wtf are they doing out there, why is JH not doing this, why is the defense so pathetic, we can't we shoot, we can't we pass.

Well YES! Why should I start off being irrationally negative! Every team has an opportunity to put things together and overachieve as the Heat did last year! That is what I choose to focus on.

Despite the way the team has looked in preseason they have enough talent and opportunity to get their act together and be a more competitive team. We aren't expecting a good team no more than the Heat did last year but that doesn't preclude this team from being this season's version of last year's Heat team. It's within their power to achieve.

The Knicks are expected to win 29 or 30 games so their challenge is to push hard to exceed those predictions.

nykshaknbake
Member: #492
10/9/2017  4:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/9/2017  4:42 PM
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Papabear wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Papabear wrote:
nixluva wrote:
WP76 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Papabear Says

Papabear Says

Well YES! Why should I start off being irrationally negative! Every team has an opportunity to put things together and overachieve as the Heat did last year! That is what I choose to focus on.

Despite the way the team has looked in preseason they have enough talent and opportunity to get their act together and be a more competitive team. We aren't expecting a good team no more than the Heat did last year but that doesn't preclude this team from being this season's version of last year's Heat team. It's within their power to achieve.

The Knicks are expected to win 29 or 30 games so their challenge is to push hard to exceed those predictions.

The more losing the better. The regular season is just extended training camp as far as I'm concerned this season. Let's see who's a keeper and look forward to winning the race to the bottom and hopefully a top3 pick. Hopefully we can ship some guys that may hurt this like Courtney Lee or one of our centers for some assets too.

knicks1248
Member: #582
10/9/2017  5:00 PM
nykshaknbake wrote:
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Papabear wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Papabear wrote:
nixluva wrote:
WP76 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Papabear Says

Papabear Says

The more losing the better. The regular season is just extended training camp as far as I'm concerned this season. Let's see who's a keeper and look forward to winning the race to the bottom and hopefully a top3 pick. Hopefully we can ship some guys that may hurt this like Courtney Lee or one of our centers for some assets too.

The Heat over achieved because they have a very good coaching staff, and they know how to teach defense, and it's a top priority, they don't add horrific defenders to their roster.

ES
mlby1215
Member: #6486

10/9/2017  5:03 PM
It is amazing to know they are so bad because they practiced triangle secretly.

nixluva wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:
Gudris wrote:
We have seen

as the starting 5.

O'Quinn 1
Kanter 1
Willy 1
Porzingis 2
Beasley 1
McDermott 1
Hardaway 3
Lee 2
Sessions 2
Jack 1

Actually Jeff seemed to have them working on Triangle yesterday. It most definitely wasn't Early Spread PnR!!! Look at this possession and you can see it's Triangle spacing rather than Spread PnR!

I thought things looked strange and slow. The turnovers had a lot to do with trying to have players execute passes in Triangle style sets which they're not used to doing. This could've been a Test to see how they handled it.

Knicks vs Nets game thread 10-8-17 7:30pm!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy