[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks vs Nets game thread 10-8-17 7:30pm!!!
Author Thread
ScoreBot
10/8/2017  9:28 PM
Q4 9:40
BKN 92 NYK 66
AUTOADVERT
ScoreBot
10/8/2017  9:30 PM
Q4 9:01
BKN 92 NYK 66
ScoreBot
10/8/2017  9:32 PM
Q4 7:39
BKN 97 NYK 66
nixluva
Posts: 55243
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
10/8/2017  9:32 PM
I think what makes it frustrating is that the young core isn't playing. Losing is one thing but you wanna see the future playing. Just gotta be patient. Rebuilds can be painful.
ScoreBot
10/8/2017  9:34 PM
Q4 6:55
BKN 99 NYK 69
ScoreBot
10/8/2017  9:36 PM
Q4 5:23
BKN 104 NYK 71
TripleThreat
Posts: 21516
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 2/24/2012
Member: #3997

10/8/2017  9:37 PM
WP76 wrote:How Rambis is still drawing an NBA paycheck absolutely baffles me.


He was a fringe 12th man type guy his entire career and made a lot of friends and build rapport and relationships around the league.

Whether someone is good at their job is one thing.

If a guy is LOYAL and you TRUST HIM is another.

You guys have been out in the workforce, many of you are also a bit older. Loyalty at some level still means something in some areas. Sadly a ton of that is fading but if a guy has been with you a long time and loyal and you trust him, that means a ton to many out there, particular men in a dog eat dog environment.

Sadly you'll also get cases like Brian Schottenheimer running the Jets offense.

If Noah wasn't on this team, I think there would be WAY more focus on Lance Thomas being one of the worst contracts in the entire league. I like Thomas as a fan of the game, but for this franchise, he was a horrible signing and decision.

Since you came on this board you have been way off in regards to trade value. - Briggs 7/28/2015
WP76
Posts: 21180
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 3/8/2013
Member: #4508

10/8/2017  9:37 PM
Getting blown out twice (this time by 20-30 points) to a team that lost 60 games last year is certainly an encouraging omen for the upcoming season.

The Nets have really nice flow and ball movement and stress a defense while every one of our shots is contested. Needless to say, their schemes at both ends of the court make ours look like Tinkertoys.

TPercy
Posts: 24619
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/5/2014
Member: #5748

10/8/2017  9:37 PM
What the hell is going on??
The Future is Bright!
nixluva
Posts: 55243
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
10/8/2017  9:39 PM
TPercy wrote:What the hell is going on??

None of us know but if Hornacek wants to keep his job he'd better figure it out. Scrappy losses are acceptable but he won't survive this in the regular season.

ScoreBot
10/8/2017  9:40 PM
Q4 4:32
BKN 104 NYK 73
ScoreBot
10/8/2017  9:42 PM
Q4 3:15
BKN 106 NYK 73
ScoreBot
10/8/2017  9:44 PM
Q4 2:44
BKN 109 NYK 75
WP76
Posts: 21180
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 3/8/2013
Member: #4508

10/8/2017  9:44 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
WP76 wrote:How Rambis is still drawing an NBA paycheck absolutely baffles me.


He was a fringe 12th man type guy his entire career and made a lot of friends and build rapport and relationships around the league.

Whether someone is good at their job is one thing.

If a guy is LOYAL and you TRUST HIM is another.

You guys have been out in the workforce, many of you are also a bit older. Loyalty at some level still means something in some areas. Sadly a ton of that is fading but if a guy has been with you a long time and loyal and you trust him, that means a ton to many out there, particular men in a dog eat dog environment.

Sadly you'll also get cases like Brian Schottenheimer running the Jets offense.

If Noah wasn't on this team, I think there would be WAY more focus on Lance Thomas being one of the worst contracts in the entire league. I like Thomas as a fan of the game, but for this franchise, he was a horrible signing and decision.

I fully understand loyalty but this is an absolutely bottom line business. If you're not good at what you do, you cost your employers big time and jeopardize the job security of those around you. Keeping Rambis as a coach goes a long way towards putting an inferior product on the court and certainly does nothing positive for this franchise--from the fanbase to the coaching staff to the front office. Sorry, but there's no way I can justify his presence on the Knick bench and forces me to question the competence of the people running this team.

ScoreBot
10/8/2017  9:46 PM
Q4 2:32
BKN 110 NYK 75
ScoreBot
10/8/2017  9:48 PM
Q4 2:08
BKN 112 NYK 77
ScoreBot
10/8/2017  9:50 PM
Q4 45.0
BKN 115 NYK 80
meloshouldgo
Posts: 23947
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/3/2014
Member: #5801

10/8/2017  9:51 PM
nixluva wrote:
TPercy wrote:What the hell is going on??

None of us know but if Hornacek wants to keep his job he'd better figure it out. Scrappy losses are acceptable but he won't survive this in the regular season.

This is ugly, what out who was our starting line up? Missed the first half

The only things that trickle down are wages and horse shit
ScoreBot
10/8/2017  9:52 PM
FINAL
BKN 117 NYK 83
nixluva
Posts: 55243
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
10/8/2017  9:55 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
nixluva wrote:
TPercy wrote:What the hell is going on??

None of us know but if Hornacek wants to keep his job he'd better figure it out. Scrappy losses are acceptable but he won't survive this in the regular season.

This is ugly, what out who was our starting line up? Missed the first half

Jack, Lee, THJ, KP Willy

Knicks vs Nets game thread 10-8-17 7:30pm!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.