[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Dotson as the starter?
Author Thread
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

10/10/2017  10:50 PM
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:I wanted to bump this. Man Dotson is good. I have a feeling when our front office speaks about their rebuilding efforts, his name will be added to the mix. No doubt he will eventually replace Lee, who will probably be traded to a playoff team in a salary dump, as the 3 and D wing who sees minutes at the 2 and 3. Lee is probably the model for what we hope Dotson to become.

+1000000000

Been super impressed with Dotson, drafted at #44 and signed to a 3 year deal. Preseason won't amount to much but I've been keeping an eye on picks 11-13 - Monk, Kennard, Mitchell - via box scores and we will see if any of those guys are doing anything better than Dotson throughout the year.

Dotson has shown he can shoot, from deep and off the dribble. He is VERY athletic, moves his feet well and is a willing defender. Rebounds and runs the floor. He has length, a legit 6'5" guy with good wingspan. Smart player.

Fantasy land: KP, Porter, THJr, Dotson, Frank lineup next year?

Active hands and energy on defense, now if he can show the ability to create his own just a little bit - he'll be golden.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
AUTOADVERT
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
10/10/2017  10:53 PM
fitzfarm wrote:
nixluva wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
martin wrote:
TheGame wrote:Dotson is for real. I wish he were two inches taller and we could play him at small forward. Other than Lee, who looks good, Dotson looks like our best option as a two way player. I like him more that beasley, McDermott (who i like) and Kuz.

I like Dotson better than Lee and THJr

Very active on defense. And hits open shots. Hope he gets a chance. Of course Tim will get most of the playing time due to big contract. Watching Justin Holoday and tink we made a mistake not resigning him and staying away from THJR, at that price.

You're forgetting that AGE was also a consideration. The Knicks are trying to put a team together that is all close to the same age as KP. Also they drafted Dotson who has a well rounded game.

I like thjr he's a awesome 6th man on a playoff team. dotson might very well be the future starter, people are comparing lee to dotson, i just dont see it. I see a young ray allen with more sound defense ability. dotson is by far our best dead eye three point shooter, his mid range is just as sweet as well. i think you can look at dotson as a mix of allen houston and ray allen, just better on defense.

since this year screams doncic, the knicks should roll out a starting line up of, frankie,thjr,dotson,KP,willy. because why not if we are going to lose lets let the future play and get some chemistry

While we’ve time to bounce around Doncic, I think the Knicks maybe better serves with Porter or Begley. Figure Noah gets stretched, OQuinn traded, And if Enes can’t play D, it may be a great time to package him as well and let KP Begley and Wily rotate. It’s about Athletes and great D inside if we are gonna move up on Boston and Phili. The C on Phili got $150M ...after how many games ?

So while I like Doncic, the better move may bebPorter or Begley. Super athletes, two way players.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/10/2017  10:57 PM
Paris907 wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
nixluva wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
martin wrote:
TheGame wrote:Dotson is for real. I wish he were two inches taller and we could play him at small forward. Other than Lee, who looks good, Dotson looks like our best option as a two way player. I like him more that beasley, McDermott (who i like) and Kuz.

I like Dotson better than Lee and THJr

Very active on defense. And hits open shots. Hope he gets a chance. Of course Tim will get most of the playing time due to big contract. Watching Justin Holoday and tink we made a mistake not resigning him and staying away from THJR, at that price.

You're forgetting that AGE was also a consideration. The Knicks are trying to put a team together that is all close to the same age as KP. Also they drafted Dotson who has a well rounded game.

I like thjr he's a awesome 6th man on a playoff team. dotson might very well be the future starter, people are comparing lee to dotson, i just dont see it. I see a young ray allen with more sound defense ability. dotson is by far our best dead eye three point shooter, his mid range is just as sweet as well. i think you can look at dotson as a mix of allen houston and ray allen, just better on defense.

since this year screams doncic, the knicks should roll out a starting line up of, frankie,thjr,dotson,KP,willy. because why not if we are going to lose lets let the future play and get some chemistry

While we’ve time to bounce around Doncic, I think the Knicks maybe better serves with Porter or Begley. Figure Noah gets stretched, OQuinn traded, And if Enes can’t play D, it may be a great time to package him as well and let KP Begley and Wily rotate. It’s about Athletes and great D inside if we are gonna move up on Boston and Phili. The C on Phili got $150M ...after how many games ?

So while I like Doncic, the better move may bebPorter or Begley. Super athletes, two way players.

Porter is awesome, he is productive across multiple categories - basically a well rounded game.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Dotson as the starter?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy