[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Dotson as the starter?
Author Thread
KEEPCAMBYNY
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #86
USA
10/8/2017  7:38 AM
TLover wrote:Looks like a better version of Iman Shupert (ironically wearing his #21)

Think Knicks will look to move C.Lee to a playoff team with Dotson then filling his role.

Dude is also strong meaning he can guard bigger players.

I am actually happy that we kept CLee, it was smart since Dotson can pick his brain, and spend the year getting mentored by him. I am loving that Frank/DD backcourt both offensively and defensively.

I bleed orange and blue for life.
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
10/10/2017  1:52 PM
I wanted to bump this. Man Dotson is good. I have a feeling when our front office speaks about their rebuilding efforts, his name will be added to the mix. No doubt he will eventually replace Lee, who will probably be traded to a playoff team in a salary dump, as the 3 and D wing who sees minutes at the 2 and 3. Lee is probably the model for what we hope Dotson to become.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/10/2017  2:22 PM
Knixkik wrote:I wanted to bump this. Man Dotson is good. I have a feeling when our front office speaks about their rebuilding efforts, his name will be added to the mix. No doubt he will eventually replace Lee, who will probably be traded to a playoff team in a salary dump, as the 3 and D wing who sees minutes at the 2 and 3. Lee is probably the model for what we hope Dotson to become.

+1000000000

Been super impressed with Dotson, drafted at #44 and signed to a 3 year deal. Preseason won't amount to much but I've been keeping an eye on picks 11-13 - Monk, Kennard, Mitchell - via box scores and we will see if any of those guys are doing anything better than Dotson throughout the year.

Dotson has shown he can shoot, from deep and off the dribble. He is VERY athletic, moves his feet well and is a willing defender. Rebounds and runs the floor. He has length, a legit 6'5" guy with good wingspan. Smart player.

Fantasy land: KP, Porter, THJr, Dotson, Frank lineup next year?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/10/2017  2:25 PM
Knixkik wrote:I wanted to bump this. Man Dotson is good. I have a feeling when our front office speaks about their rebuilding efforts, his name will be added to the mix. No doubt he will eventually replace Lee, who will probably be traded to a playoff team in a salary dump, as the 3 and D wing who sees minutes at the 2 and 3. Lee is probably the model for what we hope Dotson to become.

I LOVED that Dotson got some great minutes last night. The more he plays the better he looks. If the Knicks can keep having drafts like this with Ntilikina and Dotson who are 2Way players that will turn this team around.

IMO Jeff has to find a way to get Dotson into the rotation. He's gonna be good with Nitty as well with KP behind them to protect the rim you can really have something there.

Knixkik
USA
10/10/2017  2:56 PM
nixluva wrote:

I LOVED that Dotson got some great minutes last night. The more he plays the better he looks. If the Knicks can keep having drafts like this with Ntilikina and Dotson who are 2Way players that will turn this team around.

IMO Jeff has to find a way to get Dotson into the rotation. He's gonna be good with Nitty as well with KP behind them to protect the rim you can really have something there.

I think Hornacek played him a lot of minutes last night because he probably needs to see if he is for real before giving him rotation minutes. Clearly, he has passed the test so far.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
10/10/2017  3:54 PM
Knixkik wrote:
nixluva wrote:

I think Hornacek played him a lot of minutes last night because he probably needs to see if he is for real before giving him rotation minutes. Clearly, he has passed the test so far.

He got 30 mins vs the Nets as well.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
10/10/2017  4:01 PM
Dotson is for real. I wish he were two inches taller and we could play him at small forward. Other than Lee, who looks good, Dotson looks like our best option as a two way player. I like him more that beasley, McDermott (who i like) and Kuz.
Trust the Process
martin
USA
10/10/2017  4:02 PM
TheGame wrote:Dotson is for real. I wish he were two inches taller and we could play him at small forward. Other than Lee, who looks good, Dotson looks like our best option as a two way player. I like him more that beasley, McDermott (who i like) and Kuz.

I like Dotson better than Lee and THJr

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

10/10/2017  4:21 PM
Seriously, we're not going to wait for month of actual NBA basketball?
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/10/2017  4:21 PM
martin wrote:
TheGame wrote:Dotson is for real. I wish he were two inches taller and we could play him at small forward. Other than Lee, who looks good, Dotson looks like our best option as a two way player. I like him more that beasley, McDermott (who i like) and Kuz.

I actually like the trio. I think as you build you must have a quality core of these types of wings. Guys who can play at least a couple positions, can shoot, handle, move the ball and score from all over. You really need like 3-4 of these guys. Look at how much GS paid Iggy to come off the bench. Its such a value/impact spot.

This was a classic buy low, something the Knicks have never done in the past. Dotson was part of a REALLY UGLY mess. You dont need to forget or forgive whatever his role in that was. However what he did about commands respect IMO, doing everything from anger management to charity outreach to being a top to bottom model citizen. Dotson strikes me as a high character guy who made a bad mistake and is working to atone for it.

I 100% believe we got first round talent. Maybe not lottery but a quality rotation player for many years.

We havent seen much good but when it has been good 2 of the Dotson/THjr/Lee combo have been on the floor. I think that needs to be a staple.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/10/2017  4:22 PM
martin wrote:

Me too lol. He seems very mature and engaged. Every interview he has he says veteran things that I haven't heard said since the 90s in the NBA. At the very least this guy should be in the rotation

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
10/10/2017  4:36 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/10/2017  4:37 PM
martin wrote:

I understand the feeling. Due to his lack of nba experience, I think Lee and Thjr are better players this year but Dotson has great long term potential because his offense is more diverse than Lee and his defense is better than THJr. He just needs a year of seasoning. I would anticipate the knicks to trade Lee by the deadline to create playing time for Dotson and Baker. Lee is worth his contract so they should be able to find a decent trade.

Trust the Process
martin
USA
10/10/2017  5:11 PM
Knickoftime wrote:Seriously, we're not going to wait for month of actual NBA basketball?

By the end of the week we'll have his career trajectory figured out

Knixkik
USA
10/10/2017  6:21 PM

He's definitely big enough. He's 6'6 with long arms and good athleticism, and rebounds well enough. In today's game, 2s and 3s are essentially interchangeable as long as they aren't undersized (combo guards essentially.) Dotson should be fine.

nixluva
USA
10/10/2017  7:02 PM
The exciting thing is Dotson is playing the exact way his scouting report said he plays. It's only good news that he understands the importance of max effort on both ends!
reub
Member: #6227

10/10/2017  7:11 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/10/2017  7:12 PM
martin wrote:

+1000000000

Been super impressed with Dotson, drafted at #44 and signed to a 3 year deal. Preseason won't amount to much but I've been keeping an eye on picks 11-13 - Monk, Kennard, Mitchell - via box scores and we will see if any of those guys are doing anything better than Dotson throughout the year.

Dotson has shown he can shoot, from deep and off the dribble. He is VERY athletic, moves his feet well and is a willing defender. Rebounds and runs the floor. He has length, a legit 6'5" guy with good wingspan. Smart player.

Fantasy land: KP, Porter, THJr, Dotson, Frank lineup next year?

Seeing how Dotson looks and Frank (in limited minutes) I can't wait for our third draft pick, Jaramaz to arrive at a future date.

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

10/10/2017  9:42 PM
martin wrote:

Very active on defense. And hits open shots. Hope he gets a chance. Of course Tim will get most of the playing time due to big contract. Watching Justin Holoday and tink we made a mistake not resigning him and staying away from THJR, at that price.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
nixluva
USA
10/10/2017  10:14 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
martin wrote:

Very active on defense. And hits open shots. Hope he gets a chance. Of course Tim will get most of the playing time due to big contract. Watching Justin Holoday and tink we made a mistake not resigning him and staying away from THJR, at that price.

You're forgetting that AGE was also a consideration. The Knicks are trying to put a team together that is all close to the same age as KP. Also they drafted Dotson who has a well rounded game.

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

10/10/2017  10:28 PM
nixluva wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
martin wrote:

You're forgetting that AGE was also a consideration. The Knicks are trying to put a team together that is all close to the same age as KP. Also they drafted Dotson who has a well rounded game.

I like thjr he's a awesome 6th man on a playoff team. dotson might very well be the future starter, people are comparing lee to dotson, i just dont see it. I see a young ray allen with more sound defense ability. dotson is by far our best dead eye three point shooter, his mid range is just as sweet as well. i think you can look at dotson as a mix of allen houston and ray allen, just better on defense.

since this year screams doncic, the knicks should roll out a starting line up of, frankie,thjr,dotson,KP,willy. because why not if we are going to lose lets let the future play and get some chemistry

Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
10/10/2017  10:43 PM
reub wrote:
KEEPCAMBYNY wrote:I just wanted to take a moment to say.... Phil mutha****in Jackson ladies and gentlemen! Years from now when this team is a contender, remember who was the architect of it all!

Amen!

Amen !

Dotson as the starter?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy