Knickoftime
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3370

10/10/2017  7:18 PM
martin wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
TheGame wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
TheGame wrote:Now the NFL is talking about prohibiting players from kneeling during the anthem. This is why I said the whole kneeling thing was an unwise move because if the NFL follows through it will appear as. If Trump won.

The NFL can't do that.

Yes, they can. They cannot put you in jail for not standing but your employer can make it a requirement that you stand.

And it's two minutes before game time and a large group of players on both sides do it anyway? Then what?

You think you NFL is going to start canceling games?

I guess they could fine players, right? Same as NBA?

I don't know that they can. Remember everything in the NFL is collectively bargained. To fine or suspend they'd have to do it under an umbrella conduct policy, which I imagine would be challengable.

AUTOADVERT
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
10/10/2017  9:34 PM
I hope the NFL and players work it out. I think the kneeling has served its purpose and the players need to focus on other avenues of protest. Trump wants to make this an issue for 2018. Hopefully the players will squash the anthem issue and return the focus to police brutality, which no one seems to focus on.
Trust the Process
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
10/12/2017  8:43 AM
nixluva wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
TheGame wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
TheGame wrote:Now the NFL is talking about prohibiting players from kneeling during the anthem. This is why I said the whole kneeling thing was an unwise move because if the NFL follows through it will appear as. If Trump won.

The kneeling has already accomplished something necessary. It has ignited a lot more people who are making a decent amount of money to become a lot more involved in socially. And I don't think that goes away if standing becomes mandatory.

I agree. My point is that the players should have done what kaepernick did and realized it could not be a permenant thing. But it was useful and the players should look to some new form of protest that Trump cannot twist into a protest about the flag or troops.

Kneeling was an organic thing that picked up steam. The issue of kneeling was actually dying down and behind the scenes nfl and players were working out progressive compromise for everyone. One of the compromises brought up was the NFL presenting a social awareness month. Though players were skeptical about regulating voicing social issues to a month. But dialog was taking place and compromises were getting discussed. Then Trump decided to start tweeting about it in order to cause diversion and division. Since he has so much heat on him for Russia, his daughter and son in laws scandals, Puerto Rico, His donors getting impatient etc etc etc. So getting his backers something to rally around him for was necessary.

BRAVO 👏🏾 This is the real story that keeps getting lost. Trump is a very Craven and unscrupulous individual and he looks for issues that can create diversions and serve to ignite his base with Culture Wars over racial issues.

This is true about Trump but why many people helping him in his psychological methods of governance?
I guess people cannot help themselves. Trump knowledge about human nature and how to exploit it is very remarkable.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/12/2017  10:01 AM
arkrud wrote:
nixluva wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
TheGame wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

The kneeling has already accomplished something necessary. It has ignited a lot more people who are making a decent amount of money to become a lot more involved in socially. And I don't think that goes away if standing becomes mandatory.

I agree. My point is that the players should have done what kaepernick did and realized it could not be a permenant thing. But it was useful and the players should look to some new form of protest that Trump cannot twist into a protest about the flag or troops.

Kneeling was an organic thing that picked up steam. The issue of kneeling was actually dying down and behind the scenes nfl and players were working out progressive compromise for everyone. One of the compromises brought up was the NFL presenting a social awareness month. Though players were skeptical about regulating voicing social issues to a month. But dialog was taking place and compromises were getting discussed. Then Trump decided to start tweeting about it in order to cause diversion and division. Since he has so much heat on him for Russia, his daughter and son in laws scandals, Puerto Rico, His donors getting impatient etc etc etc. So getting his backers something to rally around him for was necessary.

BRAVO 👏🏾 This is the real story that keeps getting lost. Trump is a very Craven and unscrupulous individual and he looks for issues that can create diversions and serve to ignite his base with Culture Wars over racial issues.

This is true about Trump but why many people helping him in his psychological methods of governance?
I guess people cannot help themselves. Trump knowledge about human nature and how to exploit it is very remarkable.

There are LOTS of opportunists in Wash. D.C. They'd support Satan if it would help further their goals.

Trump is no different than a Pimp. He's completely self interested and conniving. He lacks any empathy or concern for others but he knows how to trick people into thinking he cares. Trump is LITERALLY the worst type of person to be in such a powerful position. Thank God this government was designed with coequal branches and constraints on power Cuz Trump has Dictator mentality.

nixluva
USA
10/13/2017  1:44 AM
nixluva
USA
10/15/2017  12:33 PM
nixluva
USA
11/22/2017  12:42 PM
This is another example of what I’ve been trying to point out about the Systemic Racism that is so deeply entrenched and that most White people don’t realize is going on!

nixluva
USA
12/12/2017  2:14 PM
This Alabama Roy Moore Election is exposing EXACTLY what i've been saying about the Rural Mentality in this country. The average American thinks we've moved on from the "Good Ole Days" of White Supremacy and Backwards thinking in general. That's NOT the case and this country's race issues can't be fully changed BECAUSE of these Stuck in the past Rural Cultures.

Outside of the Cities there are MASSIVE amounts of so called Good Folk who are mildly racist or Xenophobic, Homophobic etc. These same people rail against Muslims and Sharia Law but actually have a LOT in common with those Ultra Conservative beliefs. These people are continuing the thinking of the Racist past of this country even tho they don't like being accused of it.

nixluva
USA
12/19/2017  11:21 PM
nixluva
USA
12/20/2017  11:00 AM
OT: Why They Take A Knee

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy