newyorknewyork wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
dacash wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:Nerlens Noel

good choice but Dallas has him won't let him.go

Didn't he sign a one year tender? Kanter and O'Quinn maybe gone next year and Nerlens could fit in nicely.

Wishful thinking. I don't see Kanter opting out, not in this market. The fact that Noel's couldn't pull in a big deal has got to factor into Kanter's camp though process.

Noel wanted max (like 25mil per year).

Kelly Olynk signed for a 4 yr 50mil deal. Kanter can command 14-16mil per over 4 yrs in this market. He also going to want a place where he can start and get 30 mins a game. Knicks most likely won't offer that with Noah, Willy, KOQ, KP. So would he want to collect 18mil per for one more yr 24mins per ish. Not to mention injury risk. Or will he look to lock in a 4 yr 56-60mil contract for a team that can give him 30mins.

Dallas comes to mind next off season, Sacramento Kings, Atlanta Hawks.

I can't really see it unless Enes starts hitting threes or playing better defense.. He's still relatively young, so another year collecting $18M won't hurt him. I'm pretty sure he's not going to get another deal like this current one, especially with the more conservative cap projections. If he opts, it means he really expanded his game and showed huge impeovement, which is good. But Noel, who is a better fit on most NBA roster s, couldn't attract a deal past $17.5M range. Kanter, who is considered more of a niche player, isn't nearly as desirable as Noel. Centers still get overpaid, but different things are expected out of the position now and Kanter will have to develop those skills to cash in.

But that 18 mil per is only for one season. If he can secure a long term deal at 14-16mil per then he is out. His agent wouldn't let him sacrifice 2-4mil with 56-60 on the table.

What Kanter has going for him is analytic front offices which most teams are now. He has been a 200+ win share guy with OKC probably will drop some with NYK, 59-60TS%, and a high level of points per min and rebounds per min. So even though he is an offensive role player who scores in the paint. He is an elite offensive role player. That will get him paid.

Depends what analytics you look at. I hope he opts because we need the space.

His defense is poor. Which is why he is an kind of like an instant offense and rebounding role player off the bench. Due to his high level of production in that role along with his age though he will get paid.

That's also not a good example. Capela didn't even set an actual pick. The guard shouldn't have gotten beat that bad with no picks actually set. Kanter then had to worry about Beverley and Capela coming right at him full speed. He still was able to cut Beverly off and make an attempt at the lob.

And in the comments we have people debating if Cheeks said play or blame. And honestly I don't see how you look at the clip and blame Kanter for it when his PG completely screwed him on the play. That's a hard play for even an all defensive player.

You're right in that play wasn't totally his fault. The thing is, he didn't play much the entire series. His minutes took a dramatic decline. I hope he improves to the point where he feels he can opt out. Heck, I'd say re-sign him if he does.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
AUTOADVERT
nyknickzingis
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6207

10/7/2017  6:43 PM
What happened to that notion that Phil was forcing to play that position?
I remember Porzingis saying it a few times that he wanted to play 4.
Everything was put on Phil last year, it so much was BS.

I'm happy KP sees he's better off longterm as a 4. However he should also see at 4, he needs to be a bit closer to the basket so he can shoot over the smalls. He has to develop some of those go to moves from mid-range, and in the high post as well as just close to the basket. Can't just stand out there at the 3 point line. If he is more assertive this year, I can see him average 22 points a night and be an all-star this year.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/8/2017  1:36 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:What happened to that notion that Phil was forcing to play that position?

I'm happy KP sees he's better off longterm as a 4. However he should also see at 4, he needs to be a bit closer to the basket so he can shoot over the smalls. He has to develop some of those go to moves from mid-range, and in the high post as well as just close to the basket. Can't just stand out there at the 3 point line. If he is more assertive this year, I can see him average 22 points a night and be an all-star this year.

If the first preseason game was any indication, I think we will see a lot more high post catches and him working from there.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
teamsport72
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6172

10/8/2017  1:45 PM
4 and 4 only. At Eurobasket, Latvia were able to erase deficit and badly beat Russia only when KP was taken off Mozgov and moved to 4. Center is about pounds, not feet.
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

10/8/2017  5:59 PM
martin wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:What happened to that notion that Phil was forcing to play that position?

If the first preseason game was any indication, I think we will see a lot more high post catches and him working from there.

Agree. He showed a bigger desire to Go to the basket as well. Think he is perfect for a PnR where he pops out or cuts to basket.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Porzingis Position

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy