[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks Can Have Good Defensive Units
Author Thread
nixluva
Posts: 55289
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
10/29/2017  11:38 PM
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Posts: 55289
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
10/30/2017  12:59 AM
Just seeing the progress of this team on D warms the heart! This is the kind of stuff that I was hoping to see this season. If they can keep building on this kind of effort that’s going to be huge.

nixluva
Posts: 55289
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
10/30/2017  11:16 AM
Knickoftime
Posts: 23205
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2011
Member: #3370

10/30/2017  11:19 AM
nixluva wrote:

Let's give this 20 games.

nixluva
Posts: 55289
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
10/30/2017  11:38 AM
Knickoftime wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Let's give this 20 games.

This is me keeping a live tracking on how this team defends all year. I was optimistic they had enough capable defenders to put good defensive units on the floor. After being blown out this is not an insignificant point even this early.

fishmike
Posts: 47712
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
10/30/2017  11:46 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
blkexec wrote:
nixluva wrote:
EnySpree wrote:Team defense... as long as we function well as a team. Can't win unless 15 guys buy in.

Yes but I'm just taking note of the fact this team has some capable perimeter defenders that should be consistent parts of the rotation. They can glue the D together at a higher level which makes our bigs much more effective. Ntilikina, THJ, Baker, CLee and Dotson in particular need to be HEAVY in the rotation IMO.

The pressure is on Horny. He has the players. shooters... .defenders. and youth.

He has the power to determine has fast this team gels on defense. Hornacek is the main person we need to keep an eye on.....not the players. Dotson and Frank might be the guards off the bench. That would be smart. Have a balance of two way players starting and coming off the bench.

I agree. Jeff's default is to put lineups on the floor that can MOVE and I suspect he'd love to go SMALL more often this year. Despite the fact that we have so many quality bigs. For the good of the team Jeff has to play the lineups that defend.

Name that defensive line up

how about you pick one of the line ups that held the highest scoring team (BK) to 86 points, or one of the ones that held the conference champs and Lebron off when they were making a run. How about you pick one of those line ups you big turd. Sorry if the wins are ruining your thought process.
fishmike - Making UltimateKnicks great again
technomaster
Posts: 22097
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 6/30/2003
Member: #426
USA
10/30/2017  12:17 PM
This was great. Some stuff for Ntilikina to break down. Playing against 2 all-time greats in Wade and Lebron was like a master class. Can't really fault him for getting broken down by Wade; if not for Lebron's existence (and his lack of cartillage), Wade might have been touted more as the generational talent.

I think Ntilikina already shows signs of being a disruptor on defense - his presence burns an extra few seconds off the shot clock.


nixluva wrote:Just seeing the progress of this team on D warms the heart! This is the kind of stuff that I was hoping to see this season. If they can keep building on this kind of effort that’s going to be huge.

Kevin Dolorico | "That was two, two from the heart." - John Starks
nixluva
Posts: 55289
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
10/30/2017  2:23 PM
technomaster wrote:This was great. Some stuff for Ntilikina to break down. Playing against 2 all-time greats in Wade and Lebron was like a master class. Can't really fault him for getting broken down by Wade; if not for Lebron's existence (and his lack of cartillage), Wade might have been touted more as the generational talent.

I think Ntilikina already shows signs of being a disruptor on defense - his presence burns an extra few seconds off the shot clock.


nixluva wrote:Just seeing the progress of this team on D warms the heart! This is the kind of stuff that I was hoping to see this season. If they can keep building on this kind of effort that’s going to be huge.

Yeah this shows Ntilikina’s tremendous potential as he develops and matures! Nitty hasn’t even gone around the league once to get more familiar with players yet.

I’ve also been impressed with Jack. He’s held his own on D and is giving instruction out there! That’s a huge development I didn’t see coming.

blkexec
Posts: 24151
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 9/3/2004
Member: #748
10/30/2017  7:00 PM
Looks like this team can defend and has the players to defend.

Looks like Hornacek found a winning rotation early.....That's a first for recent knick coaches. Usually takes them longer.

Hornacek isn't afraid to play the best players instead of the best political option like Willy. So far it's working....Gotta give him props.

Q: What is the difference between a Knicks fan and a baby? A: The baby will stop whining after awhile.
izybx
Posts: 22355
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 10/16/2006
Member: #1178
USA
10/30/2017  10:08 PM
blkexec wrote:Looks like this team can defend and has the players to defend.

Looks like Hornacek found a winning rotation early.....That's a first for recent knick coaches. Usually takes them longer.

Hornacek isn't afraid to play the best players instead of the best political option like Willy. So far it's working....Gotta give him props.

Agreed, seems now that Phil is gone he is showing he can actually coach. Tho I imagine Frank being the de facto back up may have a bit of politics...

Beat the Evil Empire. BEAT MIAMI
nixluva
Posts: 55289
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
10/30/2017  10:11 PM
Jeff went right back to KOQ when he needed some D down the stretch. He's starting to really know how to use his toolbox with this roster. This team can defend and they like to defend.
reub
Posts: 21273
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2016
Member: #6227

10/30/2017  10:33 PM
Let's remember that Phil stole O'Quinn from Orlando in a sign and trade.
Thanks, Phil!
Cartman718
Posts: 24768
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/12/2007
Member: #1694

10/30/2017  10:58 PM
reub wrote:Let's remember that Phil stole O'Quinn from Orlando in a sign and trade.
Thanks, Phil!

he has also handcuffed us from signing an all star SF thanks to the Noah contract

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
reub
Posts: 21273
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2016
Member: #6227

10/30/2017  11:09 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/30/2017  11:09 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
reub wrote:Let's remember that Phil stole O'Quinn from Orlando in a sign and trade.
Thanks, Phil!

he has also handcuffed us from signing an all star SF thanks to the Noah contract


This team is light years better (and younger ) because of Phil. KP, Frank, Willy and Dotson plus O'Quinn all while having just two inherited first round picks to use. Sure Noah was a bad signing but overall he's changed the path of the franchise with little to work with.

meloshouldgo
Posts: 24005
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/3/2014
Member: #5801

10/31/2017  6:47 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
reub wrote:Let's remember that Phil stole O'Quinn from Orlando in a sign and trade.
Thanks, Phil!

he has also handcuffed us from signing an all star SF thanks to the Noah contract

Were you here for the last 6 years with our last "all star" SF?

The only things that trickle down are wages and horse shit
jrodmc
Posts: 30618
Alba Posts: 50
Joined: 11/24/2004
Member: #805
USA
10/31/2017  9:18 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
reub wrote:Let's remember that Phil stole O'Quinn from Orlando in a sign and trade.
Thanks, Phil!

he has also handcuffed us from signing an all star SF thanks to the Noah contract

Were you here for the last 6 years with our last "all star" SF?

You are truly pathetic, genius. Our all star SF also spent most of his best time here playing PF, but don't let that deter you. Carry on.

You guys spend a lot of time commenting on the internet?
nixluva
Posts: 55289
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
11/6/2017  3:11 PM
Really loving how this team is coming together defensively. This is even better than I had envisioned when I started this thread.

nixluva
Posts: 55289
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
11/6/2017  5:26 PM

knicks1248
Posts: 36295
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/3/2004
Member: #582
11/6/2017  5:43 PM
i'll be the first to admit I was dead wrong about our ability to defend, especially the P&R, which multiple players struggled with on other teams.

your talking about Kanter, McDermott, beasly, not to mention the coaching staff was never considered to be strong on defense. When noah comes back is should get even better

ES
newyorknewyork
Posts: 27088
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 1/16/2004
Member: #541
11/6/2017  5:51 PM
knicks1248 wrote:i'll be the first to admit I was dead wrong about our ability to defend, especially the P&R, which multiple players struggled with on other teams.

your talking about Kanter, McDermott, beasly, not to mention the coaching staff was never considered to be strong on defense. When noah comes back is should get even better

All the complaining you have done. Your gonna need more than one positive post to rectify. Your gonna have to dedicate at least half the amount of time you spent complaining with pure positivity going forward.

I kid, I kid.

Knicks Can Have Good Defensive Units

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.