[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks Can Have Good Defensive Units
Author Thread
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
10/5/2017  5:57 PM
I know there's been a lot of focus on the negative but one thing that I saw in a video made me smile. The good aggressive D of this particular group is a promising example of what Jeff can do this year.

Nitty was pressuring the ball. CLee and Dotson got low and moved their feet. Even Beasley got active. You can see this with KP at Center too. Add Baker to the mix and that's another live body.
It's not inconceivable that Jeff sees this and uses this kind of unit more.

Ntilikina and Dotson were a +2 and +7 respectively and were the only plus Knicks. IMO they need minutes together. I can see Baker as a 3rd active defender to help the perimeter D. This will be interesting to monitor.

AUTOADVERT
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/5/2017  6:10 PM
Team defense... as long as we function well as a team. Can't win unless 15 guys buy in.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
nixluva
USA
10/5/2017  6:33 PM
EnySpree wrote:Team defense... as long as we function well as a team. Can't win unless 15 guys buy in.

Yes but I'm just taking note of the fact this team has some capable perimeter defenders that should be consistent parts of the rotation. They can glue the D together at a higher level which makes our bigs much more effective. Ntilikina, THJ, Baker, CLee and Dotson in particular need to be HEAVY in the rotation IMO.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
10/5/2017  6:35 PM
Is Baker gonna play tomorrow?
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
blkexec
Member: #748
10/5/2017  6:40 PM
nixluva wrote:
EnySpree wrote:Team defense... as long as we function well as a team. Can't win unless 15 guys buy in.

Yes but I'm just taking note of the fact this team has some capable perimeter defenders that should be consistent parts of the rotation. They can glue the D together at a higher level which makes our bigs much more effective. Ntilikina, THJ, Baker, CLee and Dotson in particular need to be HEAVY in the rotation IMO.

The pressure is on Horny. He has the players. shooters... .defenders. and youth.

He has the power to determine has fast this team gels on defense. Hornacek is the main person we need to keep an eye on.....not the players. Dotson and Frank might be the guards off the bench. That would be smart. Have a balance of two way players starting and coming off the bench.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
blkexec
10/5/2017  6:42 PM
The same with non defenders or weak defenders.....he can not play too many weak defenders together. That's what our problem was with melo. he was rarely surrounded by defenders during his time as a knick. It happened one time and we won 50 plus games.
Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
nixluva
USA
10/5/2017  6:51 PM
blkexec wrote:
nixluva wrote:

The pressure is on Horny. He has the players. shooters... .defenders. and youth.

He has the power to determine has fast this team gels on defense. Hornacek is the main person we need to keep an eye on.....not the players. Dotson and Frank might be the guards off the bench. That would be smart. Have a balance of two way players starting and coming off the bench.

I agree. Jeff's default is to put lineups on the floor that can MOVE and I suspect he'd love to go SMALL more often this year. Despite the fact that we have so many quality bigs. For the good of the team Jeff has to play the lineups that defend.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/5/2017  7:27 PM
nixluva wrote:
blkexec wrote:
nixluva wrote:

I agree. Jeff's default is to put lineups on the floor that can MOVE and I suspect he'd love to go SMALL more often this year. Despite the fact that we have so many quality bigs. For the good of the team Jeff has to play the lineups that defend.

Name that defensive line up

ES
EnySpree

10/5/2017  7:55 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
blkexec wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Still waiting for you to name people.... if you won't name people don't be asking others to name names that's all I'm saying 💩

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
nixluva
USA
10/5/2017  8:13 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
blkexec wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Off the top of my head I can see these being capable defensive units.

Nitty, THJ, Dotson, Beasley, KP
Nitty, Baker, CLee, KP, Noah
Baker, Dotson, CLee, McDermott, KOQ

We have to see what other groups work well together. This is going to be very interesting to see how Jeff uses this roster and who EARNS playing Time with good D.

blkexec
10/5/2017  9:03 PM
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
blkexec wrote:
nixluva wrote:

We have to see what other groups work well together. This is going to be very interesting to see how Jeff uses this roster and who EARNS playing Time with good D.

If I was horny (I'm always horny...lol) I would find the best blend of defense and offense. I think THj defense has improved.
Lee is showing he's also a solid two way player.

Nitty / Sessions
THj / Dotson
Lee / McBuckets
KP / Beasly
Kanter / KOQ or Noah or Willy

KP and Kanter protect the rim.
These 3 guards are all 2 way players.

nixluva
USA
10/5/2017  9:32 PM
A bit of focus on Ntilikina and Dotson. I LOVE their energy and aggressiveness. This is what I'm talking about!

Kemet
Member: #6148

10/6/2017  12:42 AM
blkexec wrote:
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
blkexec wrote:
nixluva wrote:

If I was horny (I'm always horny...lol) I would find the best blend of defense and offense. I think THj defense has improved.
Lee is showing he's also a solid two way player.

Nitty / Sessions
THj / Dotson
Lee / McBuckets
KP / Beasly
Kanter / KOQ or Noah or Willy

KP and Kanter protect the rim.
These 3 guards are all 2 way players.

When u have a offense/defense system u want a young-core group of players to learn ..
u use a group of veterans to implement all the basics of the system ..
Its preseason, no triangle, and a half of roster of new players .. what do u do?

Veteran lineup .. Session / Lee / Beasley / Quinn / Kanter / 6th-man Jack/Thomas

Young core lineup .. Frank / THJ / Mcderm / KP / WHG / 6th man Baker/Dotson

The Wolves head coach Thibs has played a 10 Man rotation in both of the Wolves preseason game. WHY?

nixluva
USA
10/28/2017  1:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/28/2017  1:51 PM
This seems like a good time to bring back my thread regarding the Knicks D. There have been some good signs even with the bad losses. Last night with Ntilikina it really kicked into high gear. These are the things I was talking about being possible for this team when I started this thread.

Welpee
Member: #6239

10/28/2017  3:13 PM
I like the result from last night and was encouraged by a few things, but lets also keep in mind we played the Nets. Let's see what goes down Sunday against Cleveland.
nixluva
USA
10/28/2017  3:22 PM
Welpee wrote:I like the result from last night and was encouraged by a few things, but lets also keep in mind we played the Nets. Let's see what goes down Sunday against Cleveland.

It’s the NBA! Had more to do with good D from the Knicks IMO! It was clearly visible that the Knicks effort and execution on D was better. Nets SCORE! #1 in the league offensively so they most likely score 100 in their sleep. Knicks D was legit.

nixluva
USA
10/29/2017  9:38 PM
Just imagine when Ntilikina matures and gets stronger?

EnySpree

10/29/2017  9:45 PM

What did I say!!!!

nixluva
USA
10/29/2017  9:51 PM
EnySpree wrote:

What did I say!!!!

This has always been the problem. For once we have EVERYONE BUYING IN. That's something we've been talking about over and over. No coach can succeed with his gameplan or schemes without the players buying in and giving MAX EFFORT.
nixluva
USA
10/29/2017  10:52 PM
Knicks Can Have Good Defensive Units

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy