Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
10/5/2017  12:04 PM
Finestrg wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:I would prefer some rotation of Lee, THJR and Lance to eat up so the minutes at SF. I know McDermitt will get in there and probably evening start, but unless Lance is on court, who is playing defense?

I actually don't want Beasley to get much action, he is the type of player we are trying to get away from, irrespective of what he does in one preseason game.

McDermott had a pretty nice array of contributions. Not just an outside shooter. Made cuts and drives and got baskets near the rim. He is more athletic than given credit for. I think McDermott has potential to be more than a 3 point shooter. We should run many plays for him and look for him when open. I recall Perry saying there was a player they wanted early on in the trade talks for Melo, who they got. I don't know if it was Kanter or McDermott. My gut says McDermott because he fits Hornachek's offense and he's also young (24), a SF, and someone that is still on a rookie contract. We will have his bird rights and be able to keep him after using free agency cap room next summer. Kanter may be gone after a year.

McDermott cuts hard too. Haven't seen anyone cut as hard as he does in a knick uniform.

Yeah, I like McDermott A LOT. Damn good offensive player. Plays hard. Still has upside and a pretty bright future (agreed, hard to recall anyone we've had in recent years that cuts as hard as he does. Really finishes hard as well).. And I like Beasley too. Different players but I think there's time for both in the rotation where we can get the best of both. It's early and things have to get worked out but to me, the two top SFs we have going in are Doug and Beas. I think they can play together some too. And agreed -- I thought Beas looked good the other night. Didn't think he killed us at all. Wanna see more of him. Just wanna see much better team defense next game (and individually from everyone -- just reading an article on how McDermott feels he's gotten much better defensively, still acknowledges he's got to get even better there, but says he gets upset whenever anyone scores on him now. Nice to hear. How can you not like that?) while waiting for the identity on the offensive end to click & take shape.

I like McDermott too. I want guys who can knock down threes and move without the ball. He seems to do those things very well. Hopefully he locked in the starting SF position.

AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/5/2017  12:13 PM
I didn't think Beas had that good a game. That said, he showed a willingness to pass and seemed active on both sides. I'd like to see him settle in more before I deliver a verdict.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
anrst
Member: #1054
USA
10/5/2017  12:17 PM
fishmike wrote:Beas reminds me of Tim Thomas. Unlimited ability, skill and athleticism. Yet somehow simply not an impact player (most nights)

the secret about Tim Thomas was that he didn't actually have ability, skill or athleticism.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/5/2017  12:24 PM
EnySpree wrote:I feel like nobody mentioned him much. He got 10 rebounds and 8 pts in 20 minutes. He looked like he could score every single time he touched the ball. I felt like he was under control and patient.

I don't know what to do with him. I do feel like he is going to need to play 28-30 mins a game. I think he should be the first forward off the bench. Though he could very easily start at the 3. I know it's only one game but I already think Lance Thomas should almost never see any court time.

YOu don't have to do anything with him. He can come off the bench.
Anyone read what this brain dead pot head said about his turn around? Its fueled by his worry that his daughter will read about him and he don't want to be perceived as a loser.

Fear of regret is usually not a good long term motivator.
I don't know what to do with him, but fact is its not my job. He no doubt has the talent but has lacked the drive.
Maybe he motivated by money. Again, not usually sustainable.
I'd be suspect of giving him a long term deal. I'd rather develop others.

That said, Im not hating on him, I wish him great success and hope he does very well as a knick. He has that Delonte West kind of Vibe about him. Not dangerous, but that sleepy eyed chill

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/5/2017  1:08 PM
Nalod wrote:
EnySpree wrote:I feel like nobody mentioned him much. He got 10 rebounds and 8 pts in 20 minutes. He looked like he could score every single time he touched the ball. I felt like he was under control and patient.

I don't know what to do with him. I do feel like he is going to need to play 28-30 mins a game. I think he should be the first forward off the bench. Though he could very easily start at the 3. I know it's only one game but I already think Lance Thomas should almost never see any court time.

Anyone read what this brain dead pot head said about his turn around? Its fueled by his worry that his daughter will read about him and he don't want to be perceived as a loser.

I don't know what to do with him, but fact is its not my job. He no doubt has the talent but has lacked the drive.

That said, Im not hating on him, I wish him great success and hope he does very well as a knick. He has that Delonte West kind of Vibe about him. Not dangerous, but that sleepy eyed chill

Delonte West had serious mental issues. I think he was diagnosed as manic depressive. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I think Beas is just a space cadet.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/5/2017  1:13 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Delonte West had serious mental issues. I think he was diagnosed as manic depressive. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I think Beas is just a space cadet.

He's a classic weed head. He's not dumb or stupid. He's just different. As long as he sits up and plays good team basketball it doesn't matter. I thought he did that in game one

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

10/5/2017  1:26 PM
Knixkik wrote:
Finestrg wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:I would prefer some rotation of Lee, THJR and Lance to eat up so the minutes at SF. I know McDermitt will get in there and probably evening start, but unless Lance is on court, who is playing defense?

I actually don't want Beasley to get much action, he is the type of player we are trying to get away from, irrespective of what he does in one preseason game.

McDermott had a pretty nice array of contributions. Not just an outside shooter. Made cuts and drives and got baskets near the rim. He is more athletic than given credit for. I think McDermott has potential to be more than a 3 point shooter. We should run many plays for him and look for him when open. I recall Perry saying there was a player they wanted early on in the trade talks for Melo, who they got. I don't know if it was Kanter or McDermott. My gut says McDermott because he fits Hornachek's offense and he's also young (24), a SF, and someone that is still on a rookie contract. We will have his bird rights and be able to keep him after using free agency cap room next summer. Kanter may be gone after a year.

McDermott cuts hard too. Haven't seen anyone cut as hard as he does in a knick uniform.

Yeah, I like McDermott A LOT. Damn good offensive player. Plays hard. Still has upside and a pretty bright future (agreed, hard to recall anyone we've had in recent years that cuts as hard as he does. Really finishes hard as well).. And I like Beasley too. Different players but I think there's time for both in the rotation where we can get the best of both. It's early and things have to get worked out but to me, the two top SFs we have going in are Doug and Beas. I think they can play together some too. And agreed -- I thought Beas looked good the other night. Didn't think he killed us at all. Wanna see more of him. Just wanna see much better team defense next game (and individually from everyone -- just reading an article on how McDermott feels he's gotten much better defensively, still acknowledges he's got to get even better there, but says he gets upset whenever anyone scores on him now. Nice to hear. How can you not like that?) while waiting for the identity on the offensive end to click & take shape.

I like McDermott too. I want guys who can knock down threes and move without the ball. He seems to do those things very well. Hopefully he locked in the starting SF position.

Agreed. He's my starting SF, a guy we go to and try to get off early. I'd go all in in terms of trying to justify the Melo trade (I'd start Kanter too and go to him often. We really need to find out if either or both of these guys are keepers, dare I say special. Each should get a real long leash this season if it were up to me -- they're both really the same types of players at each position when you think about it -- yeah, shaky on D but with a chance to be average/slightly better than average AND with a whole lot of offensive potential). Then he gets backed up by Beasley. Those are my two SFs. I understand LT plays hard and plays decent D but he's 3rd string compared to those other 2 for me--a guy I'd only turn to IF McDermott/Beasley prove to be terrible on D.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/5/2017  2:26 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Delonte did not enter the league that way. He was under control, then it got worse. If Beas is not afflicted, and he don't test positive for weed, then he is brain dead.

Im all for a great comeback story. Not like many around here, I hope Im dead wrong about this guy and he is all he can be.
Not a bad person, but neither was Marbury. When these guys get big contract and empowered it can turn real bad.
Or he can grow up and be Bernard King and focused on his quest.
Not sure what he is capable.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/5/2017  3:03 PM
Nalod wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Delonte did not enter the league that way. He was under control, then it got worse. If Beas is not afflicted, and he don't test positive for weed, then he is brain dead.

Im all for a great comeback story. Not like many around here, I hope Im dead wrong about this guy and he is all he can be.
Not a bad person, but neither was Marbury. When these guys get big contract and empowered it can turn real bad.
Or he can grow up and be Bernard King and focused on his quest.
Not sure what he is capable.

Delonte West is bipolar... He's always been that way. He got diagnosed with it officially in the NBA. He's not wrapped to tight. Beasley is nothing like this. Never had any severe mental break downs. His only guilty of taking his career for granted.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

10/6/2017  6:38 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:I think asking for anything more than what Derrick Williams did for us a few years ago is unrealistic. I see sort of like DW, a couple of great games off the bench, lots of inconsistency, not reliable as a starter but still a valuable bench player that can give some instant offense.

We're clearly built around Porzingis at 4 and Kanter/Willy at 5. Beasley is not a 3, he can't shoot from outside. He is best served being a 4 on the second unit.

Kanter
Beasley
Kuzminskas
Lee
Baker

That second unit will be able to score and share the ball.

The problem is he doesn't fit our roster because we have 2 many centers. He would fit best next to Willy or O'Quinn at the 4 but because we have Kanter and Willy and Noah how do you put that lineup on the floor. This roster is super clumsy

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
The Beas Neas...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy