USA
10/3/2017  3:28 PM

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

10/3/2017  3:34 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/3/2017  3:35 PM
Like it! At last, we may see the Banana boat gang together.
'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
10/3/2017  3:40 PM
Good, looking forward to seeing if it works!
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
10/3/2017  3:51 PM
I wonder who KP will pick 1st.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/3/2017  4:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/3/2017  4:13 PM
Why? East vs. West is something everyone can identify with. Your favorite team is in one of the conferences. What's the point of watching LeBron's team vs. Durant's team (or whoever ends up being captains)? Maybe the players will take it more seriously if they're playing for a captain?
matt
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #487
USA
10/3/2017  4:15 PM
not sure how I feel about this. Kinda wanted to see Lebron and the misfit toys vs the Super West
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
10/3/2017  4:32 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/3/2017  4:40 PM
The top heavy quality difference between E and W became so big that it will not be competitive (if it ever was).
Plus this format is a cross of fantasy bbal and pickup game and most of all... has endless possibilities for sport gambling.
This idea will make a lot of money for NBA and other sharks swimming around in misty waters.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
TripleThreat
Member: #3997

10/3/2017  5:12 PM
smackeddog wrote:Good, looking forward to seeing if it works!

As the story around the league goes, LBJ went to Nike, went berserk and said he did not want to ever play next to Kyrie Irving again. The buzz is LBJ leaked fabrication that Irving wanted out, painted him out as a bad guy to the press, to soften his own exit in the offseason, since the first time he left the Cavs, it was brutal for his PR. There is apparently legit bad blood between them and LBJ wants to freeze him out as much as possible since LBJ will be picking for the East.

The league went along because they want Paul George together with LBJ in LA next season and want the "East" to have a trial run to see what it will be like to face the Warriors ( Steph Curry will likely be picking for the West and is almost obligated to pick his fellow Warriors)

The Warriors built the right way, play real team ball and the NBA administration hates them. Hates them. No one is dunking over a car or beating a pop star princess on TMZ. They aren't extending playoff series and the loaded West means Nike signature athletes will be pushed out of All Star appearances.

Why don't they just give LBJ a baseball bat and just let him start clubbing dudes over the head? Seriously, why don't they have the MVP trophy have a IPhone built into it that constantly plays a shoe commercial.

Maybe Nike could help LBJ even more by telling him to stop thinking he can actually be a de facto GM and run a team when all he does is run his teams into the ground.

People crap all over Tom Brady, because he's a cheater, but at least he's not this stupid. I mean that is the worst in pro sport, a few players transcend to get a ton of power, then you just hope they aren't total idiots because they literally ruin everything about the sport. Just watching LBJ's dull look on his face over and over again in post game interviews and pundits terrified of Nike goons holding a gun to their heads spew out fake @ss compliments about how LBJ is a genius.

It wasn't enough the league had to actually fix a game to the point where they needed the Cavs to shoot at a historic rate and then allowed everyone to mug Curry all night, to gift LBJ a win. No, they literally have to change the rules again to give him any kind of edge.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

10/3/2017  5:27 PM
Will be interesting to see if Lebron picks Kyrie if he's on the board...Would KD pick Russ? Also, what about the last man picked? Feelings will be hurt.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/3/2017  5:30 PM
Does Durant pick Westbrook if he becomes one of the captains? Does he just say screw it and pick all of GSW teammates? Does LeBron pick Kyrie? Lol I'm more interested in the team selections than the game.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

10/3/2017  5:32 PM
Get ready because this is probably just a preview of what they will do to playoff seeding
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
10/3/2017  5:34 PM
This is a stupid idea. If I’m Curry, Durant LeBron who ever is the captain you select your teammates if any are on the all star selected. Why? Simple you look out for you teammates.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/3/2017  5:51 PM
Have to see how competitive the games are with this new format. If they're not, there really isnt a point.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/3/2017  5:54 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:Get ready because this is probably just a preview of what they will do to playoff seeding

I gotta guess that's next. And I like it.

Top 16 teams regardless of conference.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
10/3/2017  5:59 PM
I don't like it. Would rathere see the East beat the west.
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

10/3/2017  6:36 PM
martin wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:Get ready because this is probably just a preview of what they will do to playoff seeding

I don't mind it. They must know Lebron is going west next year so they are trying to fit all the stars into the all star game. lol.

Vmart
USA
10/4/2017  8:38 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:
martin wrote:

I don't mind it. They must know Lebron is going west next year so they are trying to fit all the stars into the all star game. lol.

That is exactly what they are doing.

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
10/4/2017  9:51 AM
This makes me want to watch the all star game even less. Now you don’t even have a team to root for. I feel this will make it even less competitive too.

Playoff seeding will no longer be East vs West? That’s fine but the only way you can make it work that will make sense is if there will be an American League and National League. Not just a bunch of teams scrambled up.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Vmart
USA
10/4/2017  9:59 AM
Pre-season basketball > All Star game. I always felt that it was a useless game. Player promotion is about it. I would rather watch a practice of my favorite team than the all star game.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/4/2017  11:04 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Good, looking forward to seeing if it works!

As the story around the league goes, LBJ went to Nike, went berserk and said he did not want to ever play next to Kyrie Irving again. The buzz is LBJ leaked fabrication that Irving wanted out, painted him out as a bad guy to the press, to soften his own exit in the offseason, since the first time he left the Cavs, it was brutal for his PR. There is apparently legit bad blood between them and LBJ wants to freeze him out as much as possible since LBJ will be picking for the East.

The league went along because they want Paul George together with LBJ in LA next season and want the "East" to have a trial run to see what it will be like to face the Warriors ( Steph Curry will likely be picking for the West and is almost obligated to pick his fellow Warriors)

The Warriors built the right way, play real team ball and the NBA administration hates them. Hates them. No one is dunking over a car or beating a pop star princess on TMZ. They aren't extending playoff series and the loaded West means Nike signature athletes will be pushed out of All Star appearances.

Why don't they just give LBJ a baseball bat and just let him start clubbing dudes over the head? Seriously, why don't they have the MVP trophy have a IPhone built into it that constantly plays a shoe commercial.

Maybe Nike could help LBJ even more by telling him to stop thinking he can actually be a de facto GM and run a team when all he does is run his teams into the ground.

People crap all over Tom Brady, because he's a cheater, but at least he's not this stupid. I mean that is the worst in pro sport, a few players transcend to get a ton of power, then you just hope they aren't total idiots because they literally ruin everything about the sport. Just watching LBJ's dull look on his face over and over again in post game interviews and pundits terrified of Nike goons holding a gun to their heads spew out fake @ss compliments about how LBJ is a genius.

It wasn't enough the league had to actually fix a game to the point where they needed the Cavs to shoot at a historic rate and then allowed everyone to mug Curry all night, to gift LBJ a win. No, they literally have to change the rules again to give him any kind of edge.

You have any basis to support your accusation?

Basically the allstar game in any form is a waste of time. Back in the day when games on TV were limited to local broadcasts and "game of the week" the games was a way to see your favorite players from the league all in one place. It was fun. Now, its bloated and redundant.

All star game revamped, no East v West

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy