NYK 105 BKN 112
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
10/3/2017  9:48 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
nixluva wrote:Knicks have missed a ton of easy buckets. I suspect that will improve this year.

I like the way the Knicks are advancing the ball with passes up the floor instead of just dribbling. They've gotten some good looks with that tempo.

Yeah they won't shoot this poorly all year. Im optimistic, we might suck but that first quarter was beautiful ball moved well we had 10 dimes. Hardaway Jr might average 20 a game

Yeah that ball movement! I think Jeff is right to start DM over Beasley. He looks like he just understands how to play without the ball. His cuts are great and he has that stroke from 3!

ScoreBot
10/3/2017  9:50 PM
Q4 
NYK 107 BKN 115
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/3/2017  9:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/3/2017  9:50 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:Does this mean billy is losing minutes? Why is he in there with the scrubs?

because they traded melo for a better scorer at his position

ES
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

10/3/2017  9:53 PM
nixluva wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
nixluva wrote:Knicks have missed a ton of easy buckets. I suspect that will improve this year.

I like the way the Knicks are advancing the ball with passes up the floor instead of just dribbling. They've gotten some good looks with that tempo.

Yeah they won't shoot this poorly all year. Im optimistic, we might suck but that first quarter was beautiful ball moved well we had 10 dimes. Hardaway Jr might average 20 a game

Yeah that ball movement! I think Jeff is right to start DM over Beasley. He looks like he just understands how to play without the ball. His cuts are great and he has that stroke from 3!

Yeah not much we can do about the SF spot. We kind of got teased into thinking we were going to end up with harkless all summer. Next offseason getting our 35 minute a game SF has to be the priority

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/3/2017  9:53 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:Does this mean billy is losing minutes? Why is he in there with the scrubs?

because they traded melo for a better scorer at his position

http://www.ultimateOKC.com

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
nixluva
USA
10/3/2017  9:54 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
nixluva wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
nixluva wrote:XRM Sighting

X Ray-Man has been invisible..

I'm just gonna enjoy watching kids develop. That's really what this is all about. They've gotta play, make mistakes and LEARN

Me too - I have low expectations and I want them to be shielded from outside pressure/media etc - Noah should be the team spokesperson for the media and let the kids play

I'm putting SALTY ASS Knicks fans on MUTE cuz this isn't a time to be going nuts with the bashing of the team. The whole point of rebuilding is that you're trying to teach and develop as well as trying to develop good habits that lead to winning.

If fans don't understand where this team is at SCREW EM!!!

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
10/3/2017  9:58 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Early overreaction is Beasley is the odd man out this year. With Porzingis, Hardaway, McDermott, Kanter, and Willy, there will be plenty of offense.

KP, O'Quinn, Kanter, and Willy will occupy the PF and C positions. McDermott, Hardaway, Lee, and Thomas (for defense) will occupy the wings. The PG will be a mixed bag of Ntilikina, Sessions, and maybe Baker squeezing in minutes as both guard positions. I don't see Beasley starting out the season as a consistent rotation player. Not sure who he beats out, but obviously things change.

You forgot Kuz

No i didn't. I don't see where he fits either, assuming you are only playing 10/11 players in a rotation.

You don't think Beasley beats out Doug? And Clyde just said Kleptomania!!! Love eeet

McDermott is a better outside shooter and seems a little more active. I think we need his shooting more than we need Beasley's iso scoring, given the makeup of the team.

Knixkik
USA
10/3/2017  9:59 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:A tighter rotation and mixing in Noah and Baker on D could help. They have no real chemistry on D yet.

your kidding right?, we got 10 guys that are really really bad defenders, including KP..

This whole KP is a bad defender thing is really old. Most metrics show he's a good defender. Obviously makes mistakes, but still a plus defender.

he's 7 3" and barely avgs 7 boards being the tallest guy on the court, thats not only bad, thats fckng pitiful

He's not a great rebounder, but that has very little to do with his overall defensive impact. I'm arguing the defensive part, not the rebounding. We have a good rebounding team, so his rebounding stats will suffer slightly, compared to if he was playing center and had a stretch 4 next to him.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/3/2017  10:01 PM
Knixkik wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Early overreaction is Beasley is the odd man out this year. With Porzingis, Hardaway, McDermott, Kanter, and Willy, there will be plenty of offense.

KP, O'Quinn, Kanter, and Willy will occupy the PF and C positions. McDermott, Hardaway, Lee, and Thomas (for defense) will occupy the wings. The PG will be a mixed bag of Ntilikina, Sessions, and maybe Baker squeezing in minutes as both guard positions. I don't see Beasley starting out the season as a consistent rotation player. Not sure who he beats out, but obviously things change.

You forgot Kuz

No i didn't. I don't see where he fits either, assuming you are only playing 10/11 players in a rotation.

You don't think Beasley beats out Doug? And Clyde just said Kleptomania!!! Love eeet

McDermott is a better outside shooter and seems a little more active. I think we need his shooting more than we need Beasley's iso scoring, given the makeup of the team.

I am honestly not thrilled with either of them- but yeah I would want McDermott more as well. I have a feeling we may end up getting more Beasley though - not even sure why we signed him.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

10/3/2017  10:03 PM
Knixkik wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

You forgot Kuz

Yeah I think that spot is going to be in constant upheaval. Lee Hardaway and Frank or Hardaway Baker Frank is probably the best 1-3 lineup we have. We might have to mix it up all season
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/3/2017  10:10 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

You forgot Kuz

I am honestly not thrilled with either of them- but yeah I would want McDermott more as well. I have a feeling we may end up getting more Beasley though - not even sure why we signed him.

I'd rather go small with Lee and THJ. I like they're activity level. Plus we have plenty of reserve guards, so that help free up some minutes.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
10/3/2017  10:11 PM
Impressions: we play soft.
Offense as predicted KP/Kanter/THJr/Beasley/
Centers scored 23/13 boards

Nitty and XRM nerves.
Lee and McDermott and Beasley will battle for time.
Defense putrid

nixluva
USA
10/3/2017  10:15 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

You forgot Kuz

Yeah I think that spot is going to be in constant upheaval. Lee Hardaway and Frank or Hardaway Baker Frank is probably the best 1-3 lineup we have. We might have to mix it up all season

I think Beasley's game doesn't fit as well with the starters. DM is near perfect as a 3pt guy that can also cut and finish or come off curls and hit pull ups.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/3/2017  10:15 PM
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:A tighter rotation and mixing in Noah and Baker on D could help. They have no real chemistry on D yet.

your kidding right?, we got 10 guys that are really really bad defenders, including KP..

This whole KP is a bad defender thing is really old. Most metrics show he's a good defender. Obviously makes mistakes, but still a plus defender.

he's 7 3" and barely avgs 7 boards being the tallest guy on the court, thats not only bad, thats fckng pitiful

He's not a great rebounder, but that has very little to do with his overall defensive impact. I'm arguing the defensive part, not the rebounding. We have a good rebounding team, so his rebounding stats will suffer slightly, compared to if he was playing center and had a stretch 4 next to him.

Cut it out with the silly excuses, THJ had 7 boards in 25 min.

He blocks a couple shots here and there, but cmon now, he's more concern about offense. You think melo was the reason we were bad defensively last yr

ES
Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

10/3/2017  10:17 PM
nixluva wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
nixluva wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

I'm just gonna enjoy watching kids develop. That's really what this is all about. They've gotta play, make mistakes and LEARN

Me too - I have low expectations and I want them to be shielded from outside pressure/media etc - Noah should be the team spokesperson for the media and let the kids play

I'm putting SALTY ASS Knicks fans on MUTE cuz this isn't a time to be going nuts with the bashing of the team. The whole point of rebuilding is that you're trying to teach and develop as well as trying to develop good habits that lead to winning.

Papabear Says

Nixluva I for one wont knock the Knicks. But they just can't shoot! Sorry about that. Hope it gets better. We just looked bad tonight.

Papabear
nixluva
USA
10/3/2017  10:31 PM
Papabear wrote:
nixluva wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
nixluva wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

Papabear Says

Nixluva I for one wont knock the Knicks. But they just can't shoot! Sorry about that. Hope it gets better. We just looked bad tonight.

I'd caution you from putting too much weight on one preseason game. This team has plenty of shooters and they're gonna have more good shooting nights than a little bit this year. I'm not worried about our shooting. Once we can get to a settled rotation they should start to come together.

How about Nitty playing well when all the talk before the game was how he wasn't going to play and needed to show durability? I think he looked very good for a 19 yr old rookie.

Knixkik
USA
10/3/2017  10:32 PM
Papabear wrote:
nixluva wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
nixluva wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

Papabear Says

Hardaway, Porzingis, McDermott, Ntilikina, and Lee can all really shoot it. Shooting won't be an issue.

Welpee
Member: #6239

10/3/2017  10:35 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/3/2017  10:35 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Dirk - year 1/age 20 6.1 rebs per 36 mins
Dirk - year 2/age 21 6.5 rebs per 36 mins

KP - year 1/age 20 9.3 rebs per 36 mins
KP - year 2/age 21 7.9 rebs per 36 mins

...just saying.

nixluva
USA
10/3/2017  11:00 PM
Preseason Gamethread: Brooklyn starts it off

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy