nyknickzingis wrote:Looks like

Porzingis at 4
McDermott at 3
Hardaway at 2

Are locks.

The 5 and 1 are up for grabs.

5 - Kanter vs Willy
1 - Frank vs Sessions

You don't think Lee has a chance to start, given his ability to contribute on both sides of the ball? He was impressive last night, and could beat out McDermott.

Yeah, I think KP and Willy are the only locks. We're going to go with a SF by committee type approach, so it won't matter who starts. I think we go small on the perimeter anyway, with Lance seeing major minutes at the 4.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
10/4/2017  10:24 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:Looks like

Porzingis at 4
McDermott at 3
Hardaway at 2

Are locks.

The 5 and 1 are up for grabs.

5 - Kanter vs Willy
1 - Frank vs Sessions

You don't think Lee has a chance to start, given his ability to contribute on both sides of the ball? He was impressive last night, and could beat out McDermott.

Yeah, I think KP and Willy are the only locks. We're going to go with a SF by committee type approach, so it won't matter who starts. I think we go small on the perimeter anyway, with Lance seeing major minutes at the 4.

I imagine you meant that KP and Hardaway are the only locks. I really have no idea who will end up at C and SF this year. I think Ntilikina is a lock at PG, eventually. But he probably doesn't start the season starting, but i bet he gets in there within 20 games.

Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

10/4/2017  10:50 AM
chuck3 wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:Starters:

Kanter
Porzingis
McDermott
Hardaway
Ntilikina

I think that's what they'd like to see happen - first, that unit will score a lot and, second, it justifies some decisions (we got two starters for Melo and we drafted a starter as well). But it remains to be seen if that unit can defend decently.

+1. And good insight, Chuck. Agree with your assessment as well.

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
10/4/2017  12:17 PM
babyKnicks wrote:I think Willy in top 8

Willy's mins come down to if Jeff wants to go small ball with the 4. Or go big with Willy, Kanter at the 5/4.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
TLover
Member: #381
USA
10/4/2017  1:06 PM
Thinking Willy has to start.. he's probably our most complete center on the team.

C- Willy, Kantor, Noah
Pf- KP, Beasley, OQuinn
Sf- McDermott, Lance, Kuz
Sg- Timmy, C.Lee, Baker
Pg- Frankie, Sessions, Jack

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

10/4/2017  1:26 PM
I'm thinking that a lot of you will be shocked and J.Noah will be the starter at the 5. He'll only play 20-25 minutes a game but i think he's the best option to start at the 5 next to KP at the 4.

PG--Sessions starts the season at PG but it won't take too long for Frankie to take the starting job.
SG--THJ
SF--C.Lee or McBuckets
PF--KP6
C--J.Noah

PG--Frankie
SG--C.Lee/D.Dotson
SF--M.Beasley/L.Thomas
PF--E.Kanter/KOQ
C--Billy/KOQ/Kanter

I wanna say that i loved D.Dotson when we drafted him, loved him even more after watching him in SL and even more after watching him last night. Watch out for this kid cause i think he has a chance of being special on both ends of the court if he can get the playing time which will be hard to come by with so many players that will be getting minutes for us this year.

blkexec
Member: #748
10/5/2017  7:48 AM
newyorker4ever wrote:I'm thinking that a lot of you will be shocked and J.Noah will be the starter at the 5. He'll only play 20-25 minutes a game but i think he's the best option to start at the 5 next to KP at the 4.

PG--Sessions starts the season at PG but it won't take too long for Frankie to take the starting job.
SG--THJ
SF--C.Lee or McBuckets
PF--KP6
C--J.Noah

PG--Frankie
SG--C.Lee/D.Dotson
SF--M.Beasley/L.Thomas
PF--E.Kanter/KOQ
C--Billy/KOQ/Kanter

I wanna say that i loved D.Dotson when we drafted him, loved him even more after watching him in SL and even more after watching him last night. Watch out for this kid cause i think he has a chance of being special on both ends of the court if he can get the playing time which will be hard to come by with so many players that will be getting minutes for us this year.

I like Dotson as well. Reminds me of a young Courtney Lee.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
10/5/2017  10:24 AM
After the 1st preseason game this is my starting lineup...

PG - Frank
SG - THJr
SF - McDermott
PF - KP
C - Kanter

Bench - Willy, KOQ, Sessions, CLee, Dotson

This could change after friday. I need to see Baker and Kuz play again. Baker might beat out Sessions. Kuz might beat out Dotson. Beasley gives me this iffy feeling. He reminds me a lot of Lee Nailon another lefty SF/PF type. Not sure what Noah has left. I think Jack gets pushed out by Sessions.

blkexec
Member: #748
10/5/2017  12:52 PM
NYKBocker wrote:After the 1st preseason game this is my starting lineup...

PG - Frank
SG - THJr
SF - McDermott
PF - KP
C - Kanter

Bench - Willy, KOQ, Sessions, CLee, Dotson

This could change after friday. I need to see Baker and Kuz play again. Baker might beat out Sessions. Kuz might beat out Dotson. Beasley gives me this iffy feeling. He reminds me a lot of Lee Nailon another lefty SF/PF type. Not sure what Noah has left. I think Jack gets pushed out by Sessions.

we have too many players that can contribute, which is a good problem to have. But take Willy for example....He just came off a big rookie year, with lots of minutes off the bench or starting. Then he plays overseas and logs major minutes playing a huge role. Comes back to the knicks and finds himself playing behind a players that wasn't even here last year. So when Willy came out deflated or lacked energy, I understand. Ive been there before. And I see it more now that I'm older. Willy has to prove himself again and earn his minutes again. Most rookies can't handle that. But Willy is mature and has KP as a friend, so that helps.

But as much as I like that lineup, I doubt they start Frank, even if he's the best option at PG.

I think the down fall will be Horny messing around with the lineup changes, which slows down team chemistry.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
10/5/2017  4:50 PM
TLover wrote:Thinking Willy has to start.. he's probably our most complete center on the team.

C- Willy, Kantor, Noah
Pf- KP, Beasley, OQuinn
Sf- McDermott, Lance, Kuz
Sg- Timmy, C.Lee, Baker
Pg- Frankie, Sessions, Jack

I am agreeing mostly with this.

C- Kantor, Willy, O'Quinn, [Noah]
Pf- KP, Beasley
Sf- McDermott, Kuz, [Thomas]
Sg- Timmy, C.Lee, Dotson
Pg- Baker, Frank, [Sessions], Jack

[Bench]

Live or die, let the kids play. Losing doesn't hurt so bad this year. Winning would be a fine thing.

The center rotation is going to be the thing to watch. I have Willy as first big off the bench coming in to replace Kantor early, with Frankie Nightlights coming in for Ron Burgundy. Try and get Frank some play against non-starters first til he is up to speed. I also want to see what have an offensive C does for KP when he is fresh, and when there are shooters all around. Can KP be a point forward at 7'3?

This is the Randle.
babyKnicks
Member: #1191
USA
10/7/2017  10:27 AM
I've got Lee starting at the 3. Oh up for grabs.
Let's go Knicks. That's amare
babyKnicks
Member: #1191
USA
10/7/2017  10:31 AM
C- Kantor, Willy, Noah
Pf- KP, Beasley, oquinn
Sf- lee, McDermott, Kuz, [Thomas]
Sg- Timmy, frank,
Pg- Sessions, Jack, baker
Let's go Knicks. That's amare
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

10/7/2017  5:23 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/7/2017  5:24 PM
babyKnicks wrote:C- Kantor, Willy, Noah
Pf- KP, Beasley, oquinn
Sf- lee, McDermott, Kuz, [Thomas]
Sg- Timmy, frank,
Pg- Sessions, Jack, baker

thats what it should be but it wont, Jeff will stick with Noah

Noah
KP
Mcdermott
Timmy
Sessions

The 2nd unit will have an unwieldy lineup with Beasley at the 3 where pieces don't fit at all

Kantor
Willy
Beasley
Lee
Frank

This roster is very clumsy with way to much front court depth

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/7/2017  5:32 PM
I will be disappointed if Willy losses a lot of minutes and isn't giving a starter role. He has earned both.
Kanter can come off the bench so can Doug. If we try to justify the Melo trade by staying those two we have zero defense in the top 5.
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
10/7/2017  6:30 PM
You have to go with scoring and a lot of it. The Cavs basically scrapping defense by going with Love at center. Today it’s all about fire power and the team that plays defense in spurts wins.

Beasley
Kanter
KP
Hardaway
ntlikina

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

10/7/2017  6:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/7/2017  6:41 PM
I agree with those that say Lee is a top 5 player on this team so start him.

However if we are re-building as we should, we should start players that are younger and can still get better.

McDermott is 24 and can still become an athletic shooter who can give a team 13-14 points a game. He still has some upside.

We should start Kanter or Willy, same reasons.

We should start Ron Baker or Frank.

For me pretty simple

Rotation:
Kanter/Willy
Porzingis/Kuzminskas
McDermott/Lee
Hardaway/Dotson
Baker/Ntilikina
Injury reserves/Foul trouble reserves/3rd unit
C:Noah/O'Quinn
F:Thomas/Beasley
G:Sessions

TLover
Member: #381
USA
10/7/2017  10:31 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:I agree with those that say Lee is a top 5 player on this team so start him.

However if we are re-building as we should, we should start players that are younger and can still get better.

McDermott is 24 and can still become an athletic shooter who can give a team 13-14 points a game. He still has some upside.

We should start Kanter or Willy, same reasons.

We should start Ron Baker or Frank.

For me pretty simple

Rotation:
Kanter/Willy
Porzingis/Kuzminskas
McDermott/Lee
Hardaway/Dotson
Baker/Ntilikina
Injury reserves/Foul trouble reserves/3rd unit
C:Noah/O'Quinn
F:Thomas/Beasley
G:Sessions

I'd be cool with that rotation.

Kemet
Member: #6148

10/9/2017  7:32 PM
If the Knicks plan on winning a few games this season they better change the starter lineup to a defensive lineup and a 2 unit rotation ....
Starters .. C-Noah, PF-Quinn, SF-Beasley, SG-Lee, PG-Session or Jack
2nd unit .. C-Kanter, PF-KP, SF-Mcderm, SG-THJ, PG-Frank

KP shows no improvement from last season .. THJ hasn't change since being our 2nd n 3rd option on offense for the 17 win season Knicks .. Lance Thomas inconsistency were also a part of the 17 win season .. Beasley n Session are on their last season in the NBA before looking for a job in the Euro-league .......

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/10/2017  12:35 PM
Alot of decent players are not going to play...

My starters:

KP, Lee, Kanter, Sessions, THJr

My rotation:

Beas, Dotson, Willy, Frank

That's our top 9 players... we still have Noah, Jack, KOQ, Thomas, McDermott, Kuz who deserve to play. You can't have a 15 man rotation. The cream has risen

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Starting lineup?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy