[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Around the NBA 2017-18
Author Thread
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/23/2017  7:57 PM
When Fultz figures things out, he is going to be a nightmare for defenses. Better handle than DSJ.
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/23/2017  8:19 PM
John Collins was a great draft pick and hes easily one of the top 5 rookies so far. At an athletic 6-10 I dont see that taking a detour anytime soon.
RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
10/23/2017  9:05 PM
If Joel Embiid could stay healthy--he could end up a top 5 player in this league. Simmons also has transformational skills
RIP Crushalot😞
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
10/23/2017  9:25 PM
BRIGGS wrote:If Joel Embiid could stay healthy--he could end up a top 5 player in this league. Simmons also has transformational skills

I agree. I think Simmons gets ROY. Both guys look amazing tonight.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

10/23/2017  10:35 PM
Grizz beat the Warriors the other night and now the Rockets in Houston...The formula still works...even with Jerrell Martin, James Ennis and Andrew Harrison in the starting lineup...
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
10/23/2017  11:39 PM
Uptown wrote:Grizz beat the Warriors the other night and now the Rockets in Houston...The formula still works...even with Jerrell Martin, James Ennis and Andrew Harrison in the starting lineup...

Been thinking the same thing for a while now. And Conley didn't even shoot well today.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
newyorknewyork
10/23/2017  11:40 PM
BRIGGS wrote:John Collins was a great draft pick and hes easily one of the top 5 rookies so far. At an athletic 6-10 I dont see that taking a detour anytime soon.

He gets limited mins for some reason but produces starting numbers. Don't know what holding the coach back from starting him. But is def making his case.

newyorknewyork
10/23/2017  11:42 PM
Spurs guard Dejounte Murray is a good player.
BRIGGS
10/24/2017  12:17 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:Spurs guard Dejounte Murray is a good player.

Hes going to be a star at some point soon. Murray is what the Knicks hope Frank will be. I think Murray is actually longer with higher end to end speed with upper tier agility.

RIP Crushalot😞
smackeddog
Member: #883
10/24/2017  3:44 AM
Griz beat Warriors, now they've just beaten the Rockets- looking at their roster I don't get how they're doing it!
Chandler
Member: #6197

10/24/2017  7:09 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:If Joel Embiid could stay healthy--he could end up a top 5 player in this league. Simmons also has transformational skills

I agree. I think Simmons gets ROY. Both guys look amazing tonight.

Agreed. If I were a Philly fan I’d be a bit worried about fultz

Also okafor and Anderson (ie Noel’s trade return) were DNPs. Is that because of their poor play or because of play of the guys in front of them?

(5)(5)
BRIGGS
10/24/2017  10:12 AM
smackeddog wrote:Griz beat Warriors, now they've just beaten the Rockets- looking at their roster I don't get how they're doing it!

Great center great system basketball and team defense

RIP Crushalot😞
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/24/2017  3:47 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
franco12 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Nets ended up with a really nice player in Russell. They gave up a lot--but they got an essential piece back.

What did they really give up? They essentially took Russell as payment for taking on Mozgov. Did Lopez have a future in Brooklyn?

I wish the Knicks had been in a position to make that deal.

The pick that they lost was Kuzma--who could be an NBA star--hes darn good already and Lopez--thats a big price. If ytou want to look at it as pick 27 and Lopez--maybe not bad--but they have Kuzma and no rookie Ive seen has looked better. But the Nets got paid with Russell and Allen Crabbe looks like the 2nd coming of H2O.

Did the Nets pick Kuzma or did the Lakers pick Kuzma?

Lakers got that pick before draft night.

Then its not so bad. Lakers just made a great pick.

Both teams did well--thats always good. Man the Nets--even with losing Lin(which is not chump chnage right?) look very much improved. They space the floor and pass the ball very well. They could be building Golden State east there.

They have looked great. I really like what Marks has done there. He and Atkinson have a good thing going.

The impressive part is they are doing it without top draft picks or major free agent signing--their course is much harder than the Knicks but have already passed them with much less. Its not about luck its about management skills.

I agree. They had cap space to mop up others mistakes and while perhaps over paid, inflation will adjust and if some live up to the contracts they are tradable assets if desired. Bottom line is not what they paid but they got good talent. The system worked for the Nets. They take on salary, take a short cut to aquire talent, not an embarrassment on the road in other teams arenas (like Philly was a few years back) and they save other owners tax money. Redistribution sort of.
One asset they had in BroPez was able to get a good young player in return.

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

10/24/2017  3:52 PM
Nalod wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
franco12 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Nets ended up with a really nice player in Russell. They gave up a lot--but they got an essential piece back.

What did they really give up? They essentially took Russell as payment for taking on Mozgov. Did Lopez have a future in Brooklyn?

The pick that they lost was Kuzma--who could be an NBA star--hes darn good already and Lopez--thats a big price. If ytou want to look at it as pick 27 and Lopez--maybe not bad--but they have Kuzma and no rookie Ive seen has looked better. But the Nets got paid with Russell and Allen Crabbe looks like the 2nd coming of H2O.

Both teams did well--thats always good. Man the Nets--even with losing Lin(which is not chump chnage right?) look very much improved. They space the floor and pass the ball very well. They could be building Golden State east there.

They have looked great. I really like what Marks has done there. He and Atkinson have a good thing going.

The impressive part is they are doing it without top draft picks or major free agent signing--their course is much harder than the Knicks but have already passed them with much less. Its not about luck its about management skills.

I agree. They had cap space to mop up others mistakes and while perhaps over paid, inflation will adjust and if some live up to the contracts they are tradable assets if desired. Bottom line is not what they paid but they got good talent. The system worked for the Nets. They take on salary, take a short cut to aquire talent, not an embarrassment on the road in other teams arenas (like Philly was a few years back) and they save other owners tax money. Redistribution sort of.

I am missing something here? They've played three games.

CrushAlot
USA
10/24/2017  4:17 PM
Nalod wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
franco12 wrote:

I think they did really well in the Carroll trade. I would not be surprised if they end up trading him for a first when he is in the last year of his deal. I think they end up moving Booker this year for a pick but he plays so well for them they might want to keep him.
CrushAlot
USA
10/25/2017  7:40 PM
BRIGGS
10/25/2017  8:14 PM
2nd time Ive sen Charlotte. D Bacon looks like a very very nice 2nd rd pick--big big guard. Many guys from rd 2 get consistent minutes but our guy doesnt play?
RIP Crushalot😞
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
10/25/2017  10:08 PM
The Nets pick this year is not going to be a top pick! They are going to be better than us, and honest, I would this moment trade everything with them - front office, players, picks or lack there of.

They are building a team, and they are well on their way.

And who exactly is their star?

CrushAlot
USA
10/25/2017  10:15 PM
franco12 wrote:The Nets pick this year is not going to be a top pick! They are going to be better than us, and honest, I would this moment trade everything with them - front office, players, picks or lack there of.

They are building a team, and they are well on their way.

And who exactly is their star?

Everyone is on the same page and they all are working for the same goal. They are well coached and well run. Carroll has looked great. They did very well in that trade. Russell has looked really good as well.
BRIGGS
10/25/2017  10:17 PM
Nets beat Clev without Russell and obviously Lin--they shouldve finished off Orlando and they be 4-1 their system basketball looks great.
RIP Crushalot😞
Around the NBA 2017-18

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy