[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Around the NBA 2017-18
Author Thread
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6192

10/18/2017  6:43 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/19/2017  3:05 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
Uptown wrote:Some of the lineups Lue put out there were clumsy....

Let's look at "Le-GM's" Greatest Hits

- Trading Andrew Wiggins ( cost controlled wing) for Kevin Love, then immediately give Love a massive extension then immediately try to trade Love over and over again, showing open resentment for being exactly the player he's always been, and not the player the Cavs need. They needed a guy who could actually defend the rim and play some defense, instead they got yet another powerforward in a league where PFs have the lowest positional value in the game

- Dumping Dion Waiters and others for nothing, to clear cap room for giving LBJ the max. Wasteful use of assets. Not saying Waiters was going to be elite or massive trade bait, but short sighted long term.

- Giving Anderson Varaejo a buddy buddy contract despite being at the end of his career

- Signing Mike Miller, a LBJ buddy, AGAIN

- Paying two first round picks for Mozgov, while helpful short term, cost the Cavs a lot of future flexibility

- Paying Tristan Thompson an unreal amount of money to be an "energy guy" who can't work the low post, can't defend the rim, and can't space the floor with the three ball. But he's a Rich Paul client, so Klutch Sports could get their 10 percent, the Cavs got a player who choked out their cap and gave them yet another overpaid power forward

- Paying two 2nd rounders to dump Richard Jefferson.

- Signing non traction guys like Jeff Green, Jose Calderon, Wade, Rose etc, guys who have more name than useful role for an actual team

- Giving JR Smith and Korver contracts because the Cavs backed themselves into a corner by being cap and asset locked

This team would be so much different if Wiggins was not traded, Love never showed up, Thompson was let walk and assets were used patiently and diligently with LBJ taking a paycut in the process. ( He has a lifetime Nike contract, was X million worth losing over and over again in the Finals when he can make money hand over fist everywhere else?)

Le-GM runs down every roster he touches into the ground. This is the SECOND TIME in Cleveland he's run the roster into the ground. He did his best to drive Miami into hell as well.

Ever notice it's everyone elses fault and not LBJ's for running these teams into the ground?

Real use of his "power" would have been LBJ walking back into Cleveland on a pay cut, then telling Gilbert, offer Morey more money than God, let him run the team and do whatever he wants. LBJ would be sitting on multiple rings now on top of his Miami rings instead of having one gifted to him by Nike.

You can't ask Lue to make steak out of hot dogs. But that's what he's being asked to do. Then again, Lue only has the job in the first place because LBJ is uncoachable. He needs a coach who will let him do what he wants. At one point, Spolestra had to make a deal with him, do what I want defensively and you and Wade can do whatever you want on offense on your own. This compromise is part of why Miami lost to both Dallas and the Spurs.

Unless Nike and the refs work overtime on this, there is no legit way this Cavs unit will ever beat the Warriors in the Finals.

Congratulations! This is one of the dumbest basketball related posts of all time. Hate makes people stupid. It all makes sense now.

Melo Haters = Lin lovers who are mad Houston paid so much for his 15 Minutes,
AUTOADVERT
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

10/18/2017  7:46 PM
Watching the Bucks/Celts tonite....Want to see what the Bucks lookin like....Are they ready to take it to the next level?
Uptown

10/18/2017  9:20 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/18/2017  9:23 PM
Lin injured his knee...Not sure how bad it is but his reaction indicates it is pretty bad or it just scared the life out of him...He did manage to limp to the locker room; no stretcher
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 8
Member: #303
10/18/2017  10:10 PM
Not going to work with A Davis and Cousins--no way no how.
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
10/18/2017  11:23 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Not going to work with A Davis and Cousins--no way no how.

Miluakee would be a good trade partner IMO with pieces that could work for both teams.

A combo of Monroe, Parker or Middleton & Maker or Wilson. Cousins is a better fit next to Freak than Davis.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 8
Member: #303
10/19/2017  12:12 AM
If you are making decisions is basketball

Here is the bottom line for tonight

The winning team avg 114 points--the trend is being able to score points--no doubt about it.

PS the top rookies to stand out

John Collins Atlanta
DEnnis Smith Dallas

Nalod
Alba Posts: 151
Member: #508
USA
10/19/2017  7:18 AM
San Antonio looked good last nite, Aldridge was very impressive. he looks like he on the “Timmy” diet.
Anger sells, don't buy!
Uptown

10/19/2017  8:42 AM

Watched most of the Celts/Bucks...Kyrie 7 for 25...Greak Freak is a generational player...The height of a center, the speed and handle of an off gaurd. He caught an alley-oop that was way above the rim that only he could get too...He plays way above the rim the way Steph plays several feet beyond the 3 point line...

Jaylen Brown is going to be really, really good. Great in the open court and explosive to the rim. He and Tatum will be a nice combo for yrs to come...Tatum needs to work on his handle though.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/19/2017  9:01 AM
BRIGGS wrote:If you are making decisions is basketball

The winning team avg 114 points--the trend is being able to score points--no doubt about it.

John Collins Atlanta
DEnnis Smith Dallas

I was waiting to see what people would say about Smith Jr as I know many here coveted him and still feel the Knicks are stupid for not taking him. He looked great on offense. Did you see him on defense? Schroder dropped 30 and Marco Belini looked like he was playing vs. YMCA players.
So year.. Smith's box score looked great.

Hawk PGs: 20-40, 48pts, 10 assists

Barea wasnt any better.

Knicks have been so bad defensively for years. I liked DSjr a lot but I am ok with them passing on someone who may not be able to guard anyone. When he becomes the next Isiah Thomas we will know I Was wrong!

fishmike - Making UltimateKnicks great again
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
10/19/2017  9:17 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Not going to work with A Davis and Cousins--no way no how.

Miluakee would be a good trade partner IMO with pieces that could work for both teams.

A combo of Monroe, Parker or Middleton & Maker or Wilson. Cousins is a better fit next to Freak than Davis.

I'm not sure if Cousins is a good fit anywhere. He might just be a career loser no matter where he goes.
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
10/19/2017  10:38 AM
fishmike wrote:

John Collins Atlanta
DEnnis Smith Dallas

I was waiting to see what people would say about Smith Jr as I know many here coveted him and still feel the Knicks are stupid for not taking him. He looked great on offense. Did you see him on defense? Schroder dropped 30 and Marco Belini looked like he was playing vs. YMCA players.

Barea wasnt any better.

Knicks have been so bad defensively for years. I liked DSjr a lot but I am ok with them passing on someone who may not be able to guard anyone. When he becomes the next Isiah Thomas we will know I Was wrong!

For the record the comment im about t say has nothing to do with Smith jr. But how do the Mavs lose to the Hawks? Hawks are a rebuilding team with limited talent. Mavs have vets like Dirk, Mathews, Barnes, Barea, to go with young talent like Smith jr & Noel. And coached by a future HOFer. Wasn't a good start for them. The West is stacked they can't afford to lose those games.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/19/2017  10:45 AM
Uptown wrote:Lin injured his knee...Not sure how bad it is but his reaction indicates it is pretty bad or it just scared the life out of him...He did manage to limp to the locker room; no stretcher

Ruptured Patella Tendon! I felt so bad seeing Lin’s reaction. Reminded me of OBJ crying when he realized his season was over. With Hayward going down it’s been a rough start of the season.

martin
Alba Posts: 106
Member: #2
USA
10/19/2017  10:47 AM
nixluva wrote:
Uptown wrote:Lin injured his knee...Not sure how bad it is but his reaction indicates it is pretty bad or it just scared the life out of him...He did manage to limp to the locker room; no stretcher

Ruptured Patella Tendon! I felt so bad seeing Lin’s reaction. Reminded me of OBJ crying when he realized his season was over. With Hayward going down it’s been a rough start of the season.

oh wow, hadn't heard that

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
USA
10/19/2017  11:32 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
fishmike wrote:

John Collins Atlanta
DEnnis Smith Dallas

Barea wasnt any better.

For the record the comment im about t say has nothing to do with Smith jr. But how do the Mavs lose to the Hawks? Hawks are a rebuilding team with limited talent. Mavs have vets like Dirk, Mathews, Barnes, Barea, to go with young talent like Smith jr & Noel. And coached by a future HOFer. Wasn't a good start for them. The West is stacked they can't afford to lose those games.

they lost because Hawks got almost 50 points and 10 dimes from the PG position. I mean points are important, and defense is the last thing NBA generally become good at, speed of game and all. Looking forward to seeing our guy tonight. Just stay healthy baby.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/19/2017  11:39 AM
martin wrote:
nixluva wrote:

That is the injury Victor Cruz had. In his case it pretty much ended his career.
I think we know what we're doing..... Phil Jackson
martin
Alba Posts: 106
Member: #2
USA
10/19/2017  11:44 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
nixluva wrote:

That is the injury Victor Cruz had. In his case it pretty much ended his career.

Man, just hate to see that

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
USA
10/19/2017  11:45 AM
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Man, just hate to see that

Lin is such a classy guy. I was impressed with that he said to KMart in response to his dreads. Dude just cant stay healthy though.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
10/19/2017  11:53 AM
martin wrote:
nixluva wrote:

It's too bad. I am big Lin fan, but my god has he been brittle.

I thought the Nets were going to make some noise, possibly be better than us.

Uptown

10/19/2017  12:06 PM
nixluva wrote:

Wow....Lin has a string of bad luck sense he left the Knicks....He knew something was wrong right away. it looked like he was saying, "I'm done. I'm done." I feel for him.

Uptown

10/19/2017  12:33 PM
fishmike wrote:

John Collins Atlanta
DEnnis Smith Dallas

Barea wasnt any better.

Only saw some of the game but the Mavs started with 2 pg's on the backcourt...Smith and Ferrell...I'm sure both were to blame for being abused...

Around the NBA 2017-18

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.