[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Around the NBA 2017-18
Author Thread
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

10/19/2017  8:42 AM

Watched most of the Celts/Bucks...Kyrie 7 for 25...Greak Freak is a generational player...The height of a center, the speed and handle of an off gaurd. He caught an alley-oop that was way above the rim that only he could get too...He plays way above the rim the way Steph plays several feet beyond the 3 point line...

Jaylen Brown is going to be really, really good. Great in the open court and explosive to the rim. He and Tatum will be a nice combo for yrs to come...Tatum needs to work on his handle though.

AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/19/2017  9:01 AM
BRIGGS wrote:If you are making decisions is basketball

Here is the bottom line for tonight

The winning team avg 114 points--the trend is being able to score points--no doubt about it.

PS the top rookies to stand out

John Collins Atlanta
DEnnis Smith Dallas

I was waiting to see what people would say about Smith Jr as I know many here coveted him and still feel the Knicks are stupid for not taking him. He looked great on offense. Did you see him on defense? Schroder dropped 30 and Marco Belini looked like he was playing vs. YMCA players.
So year.. Smith's box score looked great.

Hawk PGs: 20-40, 48pts, 10 assists

Barea wasnt any better.

Knicks have been so bad defensively for years. I liked DSjr a lot but I am ok with them passing on someone who may not be able to guard anyone. When he becomes the next Isiah Thomas we will know I Was wrong!

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
10/19/2017  9:17 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Not going to work with A Davis and Cousins--no way no how.

Miluakee would be a good trade partner IMO with pieces that could work for both teams.

A combo of Monroe, Parker or Middleton & Maker or Wilson. Cousins is a better fit next to Freak than Davis.

I'm not sure if Cousins is a good fit anywhere. He might just be a career loser no matter where he goes.
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
10/19/2017  10:38 AM
fishmike wrote:

The winning team avg 114 points--the trend is being able to score points--no doubt about it.

John Collins Atlanta
DEnnis Smith Dallas

I was waiting to see what people would say about Smith Jr as I know many here coveted him and still feel the Knicks are stupid for not taking him. He looked great on offense. Did you see him on defense? Schroder dropped 30 and Marco Belini looked like he was playing vs. YMCA players.

Barea wasnt any better.

Knicks have been so bad defensively for years. I liked DSjr a lot but I am ok with them passing on someone who may not be able to guard anyone. When he becomes the next Isiah Thomas we will know I Was wrong!

For the record the comment im about t say has nothing to do with Smith jr. But how do the Mavs lose to the Hawks? Hawks are a rebuilding team with limited talent. Mavs have vets like Dirk, Mathews, Barnes, Barea, to go with young talent like Smith jr & Noel. And coached by a future HOFer. Wasn't a good start for them. The West is stacked they can't afford to lose those games.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/19/2017  10:45 AM
Uptown wrote:Lin injured his knee...Not sure how bad it is but his reaction indicates it is pretty bad or it just scared the life out of him...He did manage to limp to the locker room; no stretcher

Ruptured Patella Tendon! I felt so bad seeing Lin’s reaction. Reminded me of OBJ crying when he realized his season was over. With Hayward going down it’s been a rough start of the season.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/19/2017  10:47 AM
nixluva wrote:
Uptown wrote:Lin injured his knee...Not sure how bad it is but his reaction indicates it is pretty bad or it just scared the life out of him...He did manage to limp to the locker room; no stretcher

Ruptured Patella Tendon! I felt so bad seeing Lin’s reaction. Reminded me of OBJ crying when he realized his season was over. With Hayward going down it’s been a rough start of the season.

oh wow, hadn't heard that

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
USA
10/19/2017  11:32 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
fishmike wrote:

John Collins Atlanta
DEnnis Smith Dallas

Barea wasnt any better.

For the record the comment im about t say has nothing to do with Smith jr. But how do the Mavs lose to the Hawks? Hawks are a rebuilding team with limited talent. Mavs have vets like Dirk, Mathews, Barnes, Barea, to go with young talent like Smith jr & Noel. And coached by a future HOFer. Wasn't a good start for them. The West is stacked they can't afford to lose those games.

they lost because Hawks got almost 50 points and 10 dimes from the PG position. I mean points are important, and defense is the last thing NBA generally become good at, speed of game and all. Looking forward to seeing our guy tonight. Just stay healthy baby.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/19/2017  11:39 AM
martin wrote:
nixluva wrote:

That is the injury Victor Cruz had. In his case it pretty much ended his career.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
martin
USA
10/19/2017  11:44 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
nixluva wrote:

That is the injury Victor Cruz had. In his case it pretty much ended his career.

Man, just hate to see that

fishmike
USA
10/19/2017  11:45 AM
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Lin is such a classy guy. I was impressed with that he said to KMart in response to his dreads. Dude just cant stay healthy though.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
10/19/2017  11:53 AM
martin wrote:
nixluva wrote:

It's too bad. I am big Lin fan, but my god has he been brittle.

I thought the Nets were going to make some noise, possibly be better than us.

Uptown

10/19/2017  12:06 PM
nixluva wrote:

Wow....Lin has a string of bad luck sense he left the Knicks....He knew something was wrong right away. it looked like he was saying, "I'm done. I'm done." I feel for him.

Uptown

10/19/2017  12:33 PM
fishmike wrote:

John Collins Atlanta
DEnnis Smith Dallas

Barea wasnt any better.

Only saw some of the game but the Mavs started with 2 pg's on the backcourt...Smith and Ferrell...I'm sure both were to blame for being abused...

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
10/19/2017  12:41 PM
Uptown wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Wow....Lin has a string of bad luck sense he left the Knicks....He knew something was wrong right away. it looked like he was saying, "I'm done. I'm done." I feel for him.

It was always one of my major concerns for him. And why I always felt he would be better off as a 6th man. I didn't see him physically holding up in the NBA over 82 games as a starter getting 30+mins. Think it was one of the main reasons Larry Brown said he viewed him mostly as a 6th man. He has a slight build yet his style of play took a lot of punishment.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
martin
USA
10/19/2017  12:59 PM
fishmike wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Lin is such a classy guy. I was impressed with that he said to KMart in response to his dreads. Dude just cant stay healthy though.

Same

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

10/19/2017  1:58 PM
martin wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Two season-ending injuries to key players (for their respective teams, of course)in their first games of the season.

Sucks for general fans of the sport. Don't root for the two BB players' teams, and dislike OBJ a great deal, but I hate seeing guys get hurt. Part of any sport, but still sucks.

This is why I like players with minimal vertical leaping ability.

As I always tell my girlfriend after she sees a pile of papers she needs to work on fall over on their own or get knocked over by one of our pets...gravity and the laws of physics can be a bytch.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

10/19/2017  2:23 PM
fishmike wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
fishmike wrote:

John Collins Atlanta
DEnnis Smith Dallas

Barea wasnt any better.

they lost because Hawks got almost 50 points and 10 dimes from the PG position. I mean points are important, and defense is the last thing NBA generally become good at, speed of game and all. Looking forward to seeing our guy tonight. Just stay healthy baby.

Did you see the game? Fact is, Marco played the 3 (nothing to do with Smith) Yogi and Barea were on Shroeder most of game. Fyi. He was the first Rookie since Jason Kidd to get +15/+10 in first game. All plating with a bad ankle which he reinjired im first half but still came back. But the thing that impressed me the most was his 10 assists. Many here thought he was going to be a shoot first guard. Hawks did shoot 51% including 50 from three point line.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
fishmike
USA
10/19/2017  2:43 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
fishmike wrote:

John Collins Atlanta
DEnnis Smith Dallas

Barea wasnt any better.

Did you see the game? Fact is, Marco played the 3 (nothing to do with Smith) Yogi and Barea were on Shroeder most of game. Fyi. He was the first Rookie since Jason Kidd to get +15/+10 in first game. All plating with a bad ankle which he reinjired im first half but still came back. But the thing that impressed me the most was his 10 assists. Many here thought he was going to be a shoot first guard. Hawks did shoot 51% including 50 from three point line.

nobody who scouted him can deny his ability on offense. He gets into open space. Will he be durable (have not seen that), can he be a winning player (have not seen that) and can he defend (have no seen that). Hey... I was the one who started the thread to make a case for drafting him. He's a wildcard talent. I cracked up at some of the stuff that was written about how insane it was we took Frank over him and it just wasnt. Plenty of very good reasons to take Frank aside from him only being picked because he was "a triangle player"
HofstraBBall

10/19/2017  3:08 PM
martin wrote:
fishmike wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Same

Never like seeing someones career threatened by injury. Feel bad for him.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
HofstraBBall

10/19/2017  3:13 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/20/2017  8:22 AM
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
fishmike wrote:

John Collins Atlanta
DEnnis Smith Dallas

Barea wasnt any better.

nobody who scouted him can deny his ability on offense. He gets into open space. Will he be durable (have not seen that), can he be a winning player (have not seen that) and can he defend (have no seen that). Hey... I was the one who started the thread to make a case for drafting him. He's a wildcard talent. I cracked up at some of the stuff that was written about how insane it was we took Frank over him and it just wasnt. Plenty of very good reasons to take Frank aside from him only being picked because he was "a triangle player"

Yep. Im sticking to my original post. Smith JR. has shown for a long time, he deserved to be top 5. And yes, Frank, was Phil's prototypical "Triangle guard". As he picked him and he is the Triangle Zen Master. Always picked his PG based on Truangle fit. Reason why I hated the pick. Why pick a guy for a system that is dead? But I know, I know, "LENGHT".

We shall see my friend. This is one prediction I am hoping to be wrong about.

Around the NBA 2017-18

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy