Around the NBA 2017-18
Author Thread
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

10/16/2017  11:43 AM
smackeddog wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

What exactly is the issue with his knee? he ha dit before the draft, said he won't need surgery, but it appears to be lingering

philly is doing the smart thing with him like the knicks are with frank. let the 19 year old remain healthy and develop strength. no need to rush them back.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
AUTOADVERT
reub
Member: #6227

10/16/2017  12:36 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

What exactly is the issue with his knee? he ha dit before the draft, said he won't need surgery, but it appears to be lingering

philly is doing the smart thing with him like the knicks are with frank. let the 19 year old remain healthy and develop strength. no need to rush them back.

Frank should start. He was better than Sessions when he was a baby.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

10/16/2017  3:05 PM
smackeddog wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

Sixers have a history of being injury-burned with their high #1s... Will be interesting to see if it isn't a season long issue with Fultz.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/16/2017  4:30 PM
Isiah thomas all mad at Ainge, blah blah......
"Should have sat out and not played with the bad hip in the playoffs">.....

Isn't this the guy that said "better back the truck up" regarding his free agency?
Sure, ainge did well getting him and his play at 6mm per year was a bargain, but isn't ainge first responsible to the Celtics than Thomas?
Thomas worked his arse off and the luck of his injury is not good, but he was still tradable (No doubt cleveland was squeezing celts for more after.....)and it was a discount becuase he was injured!!!

Is Thomas a "Victim" or should he zip it???

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
10/16/2017  4:47 PM
Nalod wrote:Isiah thomas all mad at Ainge, blah blah......
"Should have sat out and not played with the bad hip in the playoffs">.....

Isn't this the guy that said "better back the truck up" regarding his free agency?
Sure, ainge did well getting him and his play at 6mm per year was a bargain, but isn't ainge first responsible to the Celtics than Thomas?
Thomas worked his arse off and the luck of his injury is not good, but he was still tradable (No doubt cleveland was squeezing celts for more after.....)and it was a discount becuase he was injured!!!

Is Thomas a "Victim" or should he zip it???

Athletes always look for an edge. Players are all geared differently. Given Thomas size and the criticism that he has probably heard his whole career. He probably is geared this way which helps him be good at what he does.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
smackeddog
Member: #883
10/17/2017  3:53 AM
The San Antonio Spurs and LaMarcus Aldridge have agreed upon a three-year, $72.3 million contract extension.

Aldridge's deal contains a partial guarantee in the final year of the deal.

Aldridge could have become a free agent in 2018.

Gregg Popovich and Aldridge cleared the air during camp after he was involved in trade rumors in the offseason.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/247746/LaMarcus-Aldridge-Agrees-Upon-Three-Year-$723M-Extension-With-Spurs

Why are they giving him $25mil a year? he looked bad and overweight most of last season and sulked and wanted trading.

Chandler
Member: #6197

10/17/2017  7:03 AM
smackeddog wrote:The San Antonio Spurs and LaMarcus Aldridge have agreed upon a three-year, $72.3 million contract extension.

Gregg Popovich and Aldridge cleared the air during camp after he was involved in trade rumors in the offseason.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/247746/LaMarcus-Aldridge-Agrees-Upon-Three-Year-$723M-Extension-With-Spurs

Why are they giving him $25mil a year? he looked bad and overweight most of last season and sulked and wanted trading.

Wow. I admire SA organization but this seems like a big mistake

Fortunately for them not too long

(5)(5)
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/17/2017  10:25 AM
smackeddog wrote:The San Antonio Spurs and LaMarcus Aldridge have agreed upon a three-year, $72.3 million contract extension.

From what I read him and pop worked out a lot of things and the fact is he came to camp in good shape, healthy and lost weight.
He has a professional history. Good teams and pro's work things out. They did pretty good last year but Leonard got hurt.
They are still top 4-5 in the west and sneaky always.
If not a NTC in his contract he is tradable.

Experience tells me to not question the Spurs. Not that everything they do turns to gold, but they have a solid history.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/17/2017  2:20 PM
Wow...one of the few teams with a worse PG rotation. Worse is an understatement. There are NCAA teams with better PG rotations than the Bulls.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/17/2017  8:17 PM
OMG AHHHHHHHHHHHH I had to look away
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/17/2017  8:29 PM
martin wrote:OMG AHHHHHHHHHHHH I had to look away

Watching the Yankees but saw something happened to hayward on twitter. Comments made it sound really bad.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

10/17/2017  8:33 PM
That injury was gruesome....WOW! Not quite as bad as the kid from Louisville but damn! And just like that the Celtics season objective changes...Prayers up for Hayward!
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/17/2017  8:40 PM
Uptown wrote:That injury was gruesome....WOW! Not quite as bad as the kid from Louisville but damn! And just like that the Celtics season objective changes...Prayers up for Hayward!

Every once in awhile horrible things like this happen. Compound fracture of the leg I believe--he'll be ok but it will take time. In theory you can move Tatum or Brown to 4 man and they swapped up for Marcus Morris. JUst stinks for the Cs their fans and especially Hayward on night 1

RIP Crushalot😞
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
10/17/2017  8:54 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Uptown wrote:That injury was gruesome....WOW! Not quite as bad as the kid from Louisville but damn! And just like that the Celtics season objective changes...Prayers up for Hayward!

Every once in awhile horrible things like this happen. Compound fracture of the leg I believe--he'll be ok but it will take time. In theory you can move Tatum or Brown to 4 man and they swapped up for Marcus Morris. JUst stinks for the Cs their fans and especially Hayward on night 1

Welcome back Briggs!

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
BRIGGS
10/17/2017  8:56 PM
BigRedDog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Welcome back Briggs!

Thanks and thanks to those who stuck up for me there. Thanks to martin for being reasonable--my mistake. Im sticking to sports!

RIP Crushalot😞
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

10/17/2017  9:10 PM
Celts playing Woodson style defense; switching on every pick...Cavs killing them on mismatches...Celts improved offensively but lost alot of grittiness and defensive toughness...
reub
Member: #6227

10/17/2017  9:10 PM
We missed you Briggs.

I feel terrible for Hayward but not for the Celts.
They're not that good anymore.

BRIGGS
10/17/2017  9:14 PM
Think about the fire power the Cavs have-- they will take GS this year and it will be something like 4-1. They have their own dream team and its balanced offense and defense.
RIP Crushalot😞
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/17/2017  9:20 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Welcome back Briggs!

Thanks and thanks to those who stuck up for me there. Thanks to martin for being reasonable--my mistake. Im sticking to sports!

Welcome back
I just saw it on replay, it was horrible. This is so sad, hope he recovers quickly

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
10/17/2017  9:34 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Think about the fire power the Cavs have-- they will take GS this year and it will be something like 4-1. They have their own dream team and its balanced offense and defense.

Good to have you back man. It’s a long season and shyt happens. Gotta play it out honestly I think some of the players break down happen. Including LeBron he has a lot of mileage. I don’t expect Wade to make it to the finals.

Around the NBA 2017-18

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy