[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Around the NBA 2017-18
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/11/2017  10:11 AM
smackeddog wrote:J Holiday has put up big numbers for the bulls in the two games I looked at the boxscores for- hope we're not going to regret letting him go
I liked him as a role player, but we replaced him with Dotson which I think is a great move for the Knicks.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

10/11/2017  6:55 PM
fishmike wrote:
smackeddog wrote:J Holiday has put up big numbers for the bulls in the two games I looked at the boxscores for- hope we're not going to regret letting him go
I liked him as a role player, but we replaced him with Dotson which I think is a great move for the Knicks.

Agreed with Dotson..He has a chance to blossom and be one of the true gems of this yrs draft class...Holiday will put up decent numbers this yr but it will be difficult to get an honest read because the Bulls roster is thin and young...

reub
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6227

10/12/2017  11:27 PM
Well, Dennis Smith Jr. hobbled off the court in tonight’s preseason game between the Mavs and the Hawks. If he were playing for us all we’d be hearing right now is how cursed/doomed/incompetent our organization is for picking an injury prone PG. Hmmmm…..
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/13/2017  5:36 AM
reub wrote:Well, Dennis Smith Jr. hobbled off the court in tonight’s preseason game between the Mavs and the Hawks. If he were playing for us all we’d be hearing right now is how cursed/doomed/incompetent our organization is for picking an injury prone PG. Hmmmm…..
I don't think we would be hearing a lot about a guy missing the last half of the final preseason game because he rolled his ankle. Missing the entire summer league and all but one preseason game for injuries in the same knee is a bit different in my opinion.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

10/13/2017  10:53 AM
NYKBocker wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Harold Miner Lite?

That’s exactly what I was thinking... this guy is busted hype city . So glad we have our frenchie

reub

10/13/2017  4:26 PM
fitzfarm wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Harold Miner Lite?

That’s exactly what I was thinking... this guy is busted hype city . So glad we have our frenchie

Malik Monk is chucking like crazy and shooting at a low percentage while providing nothing else to his team either. Donovan Mitchell looks decent but I'd rather have Kneetilikina.

CrushAlot
USA
10/13/2017  4:45 PM
fitzfarm wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Harold Miner Lite?

Have you watched him play? I think he has a long, very successful career. I hope Frank is the better pick but either way Smith is one of the best players coming out of this past draft.
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

10/13/2017  8:54 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Harold Miner Lite?

Have you watched him play? I think he has a long, very successful career. I hope Frank is the better pick but either way Smith is one of the best players coming out of this past draft.

The injured Smith Jr had another solid game tonight 10 pts, 9 ast, and 3 stls in under 27 minutes. Thats not bad for a guy who was "injured" last night
CrushAlot
USA
10/14/2017  12:22 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Harold Miner Lite?

The injured Smith Jr had another solid game tonight 10 pts, 9 ast, and 3 stls in under 27 minutes. Thats not bad for a guy who was "injured" last night
Frank is going to have to be really good not to have regrets about passing on Smith. From Carlisle,
“I like his demeanor, I like his disposition,” Carlisle said. “He’s a competitor, he’s a worker, and he gives us a dimension we haven’t had in the 10 years I’ve been here.

“He’s been terrific to work with - communicates well, and his teammates really like him and respect him.”

In his first five preseason exhibitions, Smith averaged 11 points, 7.2 assists and 6.2 rebounds. He is shooting 42 percent from the NBA 3-point line.

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

10/14/2017  12:48 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Harold Miner Lite?

Frank is going to have to be really good not to have regrets about passing on Smith. From Carlisle,
“I like his demeanor, I like his disposition,” Carlisle said. “He’s a competitor, he’s a worker, and he gives us a dimension we haven’t had in the 10 years I’ve been here.

“He’s been terrific to work with - communicates well, and his teammates really like him and respect him.”

In his first five preseason exhibitions, Smith averaged 11 points, 7.2 assists and 6.2 rebounds. He is shooting 42 percent from the NBA 3-point line.

Or ... you can just not play that stupid game.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/14/2017  1:04 PM
I have a feeling we are about to see "articles" by "Woj" about how Phil fukked up drafting Franc over DSJR and what'shisname. What's the betting on the timing?
6 games into the season? 15 games? It's easy to see this is being developed into theme, so people can continue to grind their axe. Ready or not here it comes..
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Knickoftime

10/14/2017  1:10 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:I have a feeling we are about to see "articles" by "Woj" about how Phil fukked up drafting Franc over DSJR and what'shisname. What's the betting on the timing?
6 games into the season? 15 games? It's easy to see this is being developed into theme, so people can continue to grind their axe. Ready or not here it comes..

Don't care.

Those stories are written because fans eat it up. We clearly have fans here champing at the bit to do it themselves.

CrushAlot
USA
10/14/2017  1:13 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:I have a feeling we are about to see "articles" by "Woj" about how Phil fukked up drafting Franc over DSJR and what'shisname. What's the betting on the timing?
It already happened. Woj called Phil's picks other than KP suspect on his pod with Begley.
CrushAlot
USA
10/14/2017  1:18 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Harold Miner Lite?

Sure. How about not comparing a rolled ankle and missing a half of basketball to missing all of the summer league and all but 1 preseason game with an injury to the same knee? Also, Smith has looked really good. Not sure where the criticism of his game is coming from. Frank is a Knick so the hope is that he is a better player. That doesn't mean that Smith jr isn't really good already.
Knickoftime

10/14/2017  1:29 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Harold Miner Lite?

Sure. How about not comparing a rolled ankle and missing a half of basketball to missing all of the summer league and all but 1 preseason game with an injury to the same knee? Also, Smith has looked really good. Not sure where the criticism of his game is coming from. Frank is a Knick so the hope is that he is a better player. That doesn't mean that Smith jr isn't really good already.

You missed my point. Smith Jr isn't a Knick. He's irrelevant. That he's a topic at all with some Knick's fans is just another stupid way sports fans torture themselves with nonsense.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/14/2017  2:07 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
It already happened. Woj called Phil's picks other than KP suspect on his pod with Begley.

Here we go again...

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Clean
Member: #743
10/15/2017  7:49 PM

Something I learned a long time ago is to never read anything from Woj that he gives his opinion. The only thing of his I pay attention to is his breaking news.

reub

10/15/2017  9:12 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

How many rings does Woj have again?

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

10/15/2017  10:17 PM
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
smackeddog
Member: #883
10/16/2017  5:05 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:

What exactly is the issue with his knee? he ha dit before the draft, said he won't need surgery, but it appears to be lingering

Around the NBA 2017-18

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy