[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Around the NBA 2017-18
Author Thread
jrodmc
Posts: 30506
Alba Posts: 50
Joined: 11/24/2004
Member: #805
USA
10/11/2017  10:10 AM
reub wrote:The Cavs are going to be in a lot of trouble with Kyrie gone and IT hurt for who knows how long?

IT's out for the season, I thought I heard.

Even so, don't know, Rose looks rejuvenated (I know, I know, it's just preseason) and if they don't completely break down with injuries, they have a pretty deep roster. Scary deep.

We should have troubles like "gee, who starts, Jae Crowder or Jeff Green?... DWade over JR?..."

You guys spend a lot of time commenting on the internet?
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Posts: 47407
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
10/11/2017  10:11 AM
smackeddog wrote:J Holiday has put up big numbers for the bulls in the two games I looked at the boxscores for- hope we're not going to regret letting him go
I liked him as a role player, but we replaced him with Dotson which I think is a great move for the Knicks.
fishmike - Making UltimateKnicks great again
Uptown
Posts: 26159
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 4/1/2008
Member: #1883

10/11/2017  6:55 PM
fishmike wrote:
smackeddog wrote:J Holiday has put up big numbers for the bulls in the two games I looked at the boxscores for- hope we're not going to regret letting him go
I liked him as a role player, but we replaced him with Dotson which I think is a great move for the Knicks.

Agreed with Dotson..He has a chance to blossom and be one of the true gems of this yrs draft class...Holiday will put up decent numbers this yr but it will be difficult to get an honest read because the Bulls roster is thin and young...

TripleThreat
Posts: 21429
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 2/24/2012
Member: #3997

10/12/2017  8:52 PM
jrodmc wrote:Even so, don't know, Rose looks rejuvenated (I know, I know, it's just preseason) and if they don't completely break down with injuries, they have a pretty deep roster. Scary deep.


Sure, if this was NBA Jam ("He's on.....FIRE!!!!!")

Kevin Love is the starting center. Wade is now the starting shooting guard. They just waived Walter Tavares.


Backcourt of Rose, Calderon, Wade, Korver, Shumpert, JR Smith and some guy called Kay Felder

Zero rim protection other than what Channing Frye can give them from time to time. Tristan Thompson is a matchup liability in just about every instance against any of the Western teams.

LBJ will have to juice cycle down at some point, meaning Jae Crowder is going to get run into the ground. He's basically going to have to defend the other teams best player all the time, every game, all alone, with no help at all.

It's an aging poor fitting roster that can't defend, anywhere really. Not consistently. And to make it worse, offensively they are stilted and aren't young enough at least try SSOL or Nellieball to gun teams down by pace.

The ONLY chance this team has against the Warriors is if they trade Love for Patrick Beverley and DeAndre Jordan and manage somehow to unload Tristan Thompson and trade that Brooklyn pick for even more wing help. Even then LBJ would have to basically play center at this point in late game situations, even if they could get Jordan.

It's a "name" roster. Kind of like going to your 40th high school reunion and planning to bang the girl who used to be the hottest cheerleader. Except she's not the hottest cheerleader anymore. Now she looks like current Kelly McGillis after a couple of years with a crack pipe.

Luc MBah a Moute would have been useful to this team, would not have cost much. But he's not a "name"

At some point, someone at Nike is going to f***king crack and lose their mind and start yelling at LBJ.

"We are literally trying to GIVE YOU ANOTHER MOTHER F**KING RING! How hard can it be to just play and let us pick a guy to build this team for you?"

LBJ tried to get Erik Spolestra fired, who is one of the best coaches in the entire league even if he never had the Heatles, which only shows even more how stupid LBJ is in real life.

The way LBJ gets basically a free pass all the time can only be measured by a hot blonde chick with huge tits. Look at those fabulous ta-tas, so no matter how many stupid things are said or done, all is forgiven.

LBJ is like an Oregon State cheerleader who can't spell. I swear to god if he was born 5'6, he'd be working in a Hot Dog On A Stick somewhere.

Since you came on this board you have been way off in regards to trade value. - Briggs 7/28/2015
reub
Posts: 21161
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2016
Member: #6227

10/12/2017  11:27 PM
Well, Dennis Smith Jr. hobbled off the court in tonight’s preseason game between the Mavs and the Hawks. If he were playing for us all we’d be hearing right now is how cursed/doomed/incompetent our organization is for picking an injury prone PG. Hmmmm…..
CrushAlot
Posts: 55023
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
10/13/2017  5:36 AM
reub wrote:Well, Dennis Smith Jr. hobbled off the court in tonight’s preseason game between the Mavs and the Hawks. If he were playing for us all we’d be hearing right now is how cursed/doomed/incompetent our organization is for picking an injury prone PG. Hmmmm…..
I don't think we would be hearing a lot about a guy missing the last half of the final preseason game because he rolled his ankle. Missing the entire summer league and all but one preseason game for injuries in the same knee is a bit different in my opinion.
I think we know what we're doing..... Phil Jackson
fitzfarm
Posts: 23546
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/28/2010
Member: #3285

10/13/2017  10:53 AM
NYKBocker wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Harold Miner Lite?

That’s exactly what I was thinking... this guy is busted hype city . So glad we have our frenchie

reub
Posts: 21161
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2016
Member: #6227

10/13/2017  4:26 PM
fitzfarm wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Harold Miner Lite?

That’s exactly what I was thinking... this guy is busted hype city . So glad we have our frenchie

Malik Monk is chucking like crazy and shooting at a low percentage while providing nothing else to his team either. Donovan Mitchell looks decent but I'd rather have Kneetilikina.

CrushAlot
Posts: 55023
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
10/13/2017  4:45 PM
fitzfarm wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Harold Miner Lite?

That’s exactly what I was thinking... this guy is busted hype city . So glad we have our frenchie

Have you watched him play? I think he has a long, very successful career. I hope Frank is the better pick but either way Smith is one of the best players coming out of this past draft.
I think we know what we're doing..... Phil Jackson
yellowboy90
Posts: 33873
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 4/23/2011
Member: #3538

10/13/2017  8:54 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Harold Miner Lite?

That’s exactly what I was thinking... this guy is busted hype city . So glad we have our frenchie

Have you watched him play? I think he has a long, very successful career. I hope Frank is the better pick but either way Smith is one of the best players coming out of this past draft.

The injured Smith Jr had another solid game tonight 10 pts, 9 ast, and 3 stls in under 27 minutes. Thats not bad for a guy who was "injured" last night
CrushAlot
Posts: 55023
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
10/14/2017  12:22 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Harold Miner Lite?

That’s exactly what I was thinking... this guy is busted hype city . So glad we have our frenchie

Have you watched him play? I think he has a long, very successful career. I hope Frank is the better pick but either way Smith is one of the best players coming out of this past draft.

The injured Smith Jr had another solid game tonight 10 pts, 9 ast, and 3 stls in under 27 minutes. Thats not bad for a guy who was "injured" last night
Frank is going to have to be really good not to have regrets about passing on Smith. From Carlisle,
“I like his demeanor, I like his disposition,” Carlisle said. “He’s a competitor, he’s a worker, and he gives us a dimension we haven’t had in the 10 years I’ve been here.

“He’s been terrific to work with - communicates well, and his teammates really like him and respect him.”

In his first five preseason exhibitions, Smith averaged 11 points, 7.2 assists and 6.2 rebounds. He is shooting 42 percent from the NBA 3-point line.

I think we know what we're doing..... Phil Jackson
Knickoftime
Posts: 23033
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2011
Member: #3370

10/14/2017  12:48 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Harold Miner Lite?

That’s exactly what I was thinking... this guy is busted hype city . So glad we have our frenchie

Have you watched him play? I think he has a long, very successful career. I hope Frank is the better pick but either way Smith is one of the best players coming out of this past draft.

The injured Smith Jr had another solid game tonight 10 pts, 9 ast, and 3 stls in under 27 minutes. Thats not bad for a guy who was "injured" last night
Frank is going to have to be really good not to have regrets about passing on Smith. From Carlisle,
“I like his demeanor, I like his disposition,” Carlisle said. “He’s a competitor, he’s a worker, and he gives us a dimension we haven’t had in the 10 years I’ve been here.

“He’s been terrific to work with - communicates well, and his teammates really like him and respect him.”

In his first five preseason exhibitions, Smith averaged 11 points, 7.2 assists and 6.2 rebounds. He is shooting 42 percent from the NBA 3-point line.

Or ... you can just not play that stupid game.

meloshouldgo
Posts: 23530
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/3/2014
Member: #5801

10/14/2017  1:04 PM
I have a feeling we are about to see "articles" by "Woj" about how Phil fukked up drafting Franc over DSJR and what'shisname. What's the betting on the timing?
6 games into the season? 15 games? It's easy to see this is being developed into theme, so people can continue to grind their axe. Ready or not here it comes..
The only things that trickle down are wages and horse shit
Knickoftime
Posts: 23033
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2011
Member: #3370

10/14/2017  1:10 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:I have a feeling we are about to see "articles" by "Woj" about how Phil fukked up drafting Franc over DSJR and what'shisname. What's the betting on the timing?
6 games into the season? 15 games? It's easy to see this is being developed into theme, so people can continue to grind their axe. Ready or not here it comes..

Don't care.

Those stories are written because fans eat it up. We clearly have fans here champing at the bit to do it themselves.

CrushAlot
Posts: 55023
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
10/14/2017  1:13 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:I have a feeling we are about to see "articles" by "Woj" about how Phil fukked up drafting Franc over DSJR and what'shisname. What's the betting on the timing?
6 games into the season? 15 games? It's easy to see this is being developed into theme, so people can continue to grind their axe. Ready or not here it comes..
It already happened. Woj called Phil's picks other than KP suspect on his pod with Begley.
I think we know what we're doing..... Phil Jackson
CrushAlot
Posts: 55023
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
10/14/2017  1:18 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Harold Miner Lite?

That’s exactly what I was thinking... this guy is busted hype city . So glad we have our frenchie

Have you watched him play? I think he has a long, very successful career. I hope Frank is the better pick but either way Smith is one of the best players coming out of this past draft.

The injured Smith Jr had another solid game tonight 10 pts, 9 ast, and 3 stls in under 27 minutes. Thats not bad for a guy who was "injured" last night
Frank is going to have to be really good not to have regrets about passing on Smith. From Carlisle,
“I like his demeanor, I like his disposition,” Carlisle said. “He’s a competitor, he’s a worker, and he gives us a dimension we haven’t had in the 10 years I’ve been here.

“He’s been terrific to work with - communicates well, and his teammates really like him and respect him.”

In his first five preseason exhibitions, Smith averaged 11 points, 7.2 assists and 6.2 rebounds. He is shooting 42 percent from the NBA 3-point line.

Or ... you can just not play that stupid game.

Sure. How about not comparing a rolled ankle and missing a half of basketball to missing all of the summer league and all but 1 preseason game with an injury to the same knee? Also, Smith has looked really good. Not sure where the criticism of his game is coming from. Frank is a Knick so the hope is that he is a better player. That doesn't mean that Smith jr isn't really good already.
I think we know what we're doing..... Phil Jackson
Knickoftime
Posts: 23033
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2011
Member: #3370

10/14/2017  1:29 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Harold Miner Lite?

That’s exactly what I was thinking... this guy is busted hype city . So glad we have our frenchie

Have you watched him play? I think he has a long, very successful career. I hope Frank is the better pick but either way Smith is one of the best players coming out of this past draft.

The injured Smith Jr had another solid game tonight 10 pts, 9 ast, and 3 stls in under 27 minutes. Thats not bad for a guy who was "injured" last night
Frank is going to have to be really good not to have regrets about passing on Smith. From Carlisle,
“I like his demeanor, I like his disposition,” Carlisle said. “He’s a competitor, he’s a worker, and he gives us a dimension we haven’t had in the 10 years I’ve been here.

“He’s been terrific to work with - communicates well, and his teammates really like him and respect him.”

In his first five preseason exhibitions, Smith averaged 11 points, 7.2 assists and 6.2 rebounds. He is shooting 42 percent from the NBA 3-point line.

Or ... you can just not play that stupid game.

Sure. How about not comparing a rolled ankle and missing a half of basketball to missing all of the summer league and all but 1 preseason game with an injury to the same knee? Also, Smith has looked really good. Not sure where the criticism of his game is coming from. Frank is a Knick so the hope is that he is a better player. That doesn't mean that Smith jr isn't really good already.

You missed my point. Smith Jr isn't a Knick. He's irrelevant. That he's a topic at all with some Knick's fans is just another stupid way sports fans torture themselves with nonsense.

meloshouldgo
Posts: 23530
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/3/2014
Member: #5801

10/14/2017  2:07 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:I have a feeling we are about to see "articles" by "Woj" about how Phil fukked up drafting Franc over DSJR and what'shisname. What's the betting on the timing?
6 games into the season? 15 games? It's easy to see this is being developed into theme, so people can continue to grind their axe. Ready or not here it comes..
It already happened. Woj called Phil's picks other than KP suspect on his pod with Begley.

Here we go again...

The only things that trickle down are wages and horse shit
Clean
Posts: 24410
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 8/22/2004
Member: #743
10/15/2017  7:49 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:I have a feeling we are about to see "articles" by "Woj" about how Phil fukked up drafting Franc over DSJR and what'shisname. What's the betting on the timing?
6 games into the season? 15 games? It's easy to see this is being developed into theme, so people can continue to grind their axe. Ready or not here it comes..

Something I learned a long time ago is to never read anything from Woj that he gives his opinion. The only thing of his I pay attention to is his breaking news.

reub
Posts: 21161
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2016
Member: #6227

10/15/2017  9:12 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:I have a feeling we are about to see "articles" by "Woj" about how Phil fukked up drafting Franc over DSJR and what'shisname. What's the betting on the timing?
6 games into the season? 15 games? It's easy to see this is being developed into theme, so people can continue to grind their axe. Ready or not here it comes..
It already happened. Woj called Phil's picks other than KP suspect on his pod with Begley.

How many rings does Woj have again?

Around the NBA 2017-18

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.