Around the NBA 2017-18
Author Thread
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

1/28/2018  1:44 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/28/2018  1:49 PM
Congrats to the Greatest scorers NY has ever had. 25,000 points

Shame to see the Roberson injury.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
AUTOADVERT
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

1/28/2018  2:17 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:Congrats to the Greatest scorers NY has ever had. 25,000 points

Congrats Melo. Much respect and well wishes.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/29/2018  10:11 AM

7th greatest scorer in knick history!
http://www.landofbasketball.com/all_time_leaders/knicks/points_total_career_rs.htm
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/29/2018  6:13 PM
Woooojjj bomb!!!

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/30/2018  10:53 AM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
1/30/2018  2:22 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/30/2018  2:25 PM
Interesting:

The New Orleans Pelicans and Chicago Bulls were close to a trade involving Nikola Mirotic for a first round pick and the contract of Omer Asik.

Mirotic can veto a trade unless the Bulls pick up his $12.5 million option for next season.

Mirotic has sought a trade from the Bulls since his preseason fight with Bobby Portis.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/248774/Pelicans-Trade-For-Nikola-Mirotic-Falls-Apart

So the Pelicans are looking to deal a pick for a Boogie replacement- hope we can take advantage

Just looked ti up- how the heck does Asik STILL have 3 years remaining?! (at $10mil per)- it feels like he's been on that ridiculous contract for years!

Welpee
Member: #6239

1/30/2018  10:36 PM
Kevin Love fractures his hand, out 6-8 weeks. Another big goes down. Will Cleveland reach out to us?
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

1/30/2018  11:32 PM
smackeddog wrote:Interesting:

The New Orleans Pelicans and Chicago Bulls were close to a trade involving Nikola Mirotic for a first round pick and the contract of Omer Asik.

Mirotic can veto a trade unless the Bulls pick up his $12.5 million option for next season.

Mirotic has sought a trade from the Bulls since his preseason fight with Bobby Portis.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/248774/Pelicans-Trade-For-Nikola-Mirotic-Falls-Apart

So the Pelicans are looking to deal a pick for a Boogie replacement- hope we can take advantage

Just looked ti up- how the heck does Asik STILL have 3 years remaining?! (at $10mil per)- it feels like he's been on that ridiculous contract for years!

It's because those morons extended him on his original ridiculous contract from the Rockets. Dell Demps makes us look sane.

But Asik's contract might not be so bad. The 3rd year is not guaranteed. If their pick is on the table, they can have O'Quinn and Lance Thomas. He fits the niche left behind from the Cousins injury and fills in nicely as a 6th man once he returns to health.

Nalod
USA
1/31/2018  10:18 AM
NardDogNation wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Interesting:

It's because those morons extended him on his original ridiculous contract from the Rockets. Dell Demps makes us look sane.

But Asik's contract might not be so bad. The 3rd year is not guaranteed. If their pick is on the table, they can have O'Quinn and Lance Thomas. He fits the niche left behind from the Cousins injury and fills in nicely as a 6th man once he returns to health.

Asik and Noah on the books is brutal. I like the concept. Can the guy even play? How crazy that Kanter and KOQ not getting any injury to give major minutes to willy or Noah? Moritic plays the 4 and they move Davis to the 5.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
1/31/2018  11:37 AM
Welpee wrote:Kevin Love fractures his hand, out 6-8 weeks. Another big goes down. Will Cleveland reach out to us?

Replace Kevin Love with KOQ or Noah? Willy might as well be one of BRIGG's unknown foreign prospects at this point. Do we trade Kanter?

What does Cleveland have that you would you want back? JR Smoove and Shump?
Cavs have their 2020 1st rounder, not sure how bad they will be in two years.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
1/31/2018  11:40 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:Congrats to the Greatest scorers NY has ever had. 25,000 points

I was trying to find the clip where they said Steve Adams got all emotional reacting to Roberson going down. That had to look weird.

Nalod
USA
1/31/2018  2:22 PM
Amazing how fast and secretive the Griff to Pistons deal happened!
Gives me hope and fear. Hope we can sell some assets but fear Dolan wants to make a splash!
Been a long time since we been starphuched.
Nalod
USA
2/7/2018  8:40 PM
Seth Curry never got it going this season and is out. Shyt happens. Even to Briggs guys.
Too bad, we can’t rant him over Baker now. Both are toast!
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/10/2018  11:18 AM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Nalod
USA
2/11/2018  2:14 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/11/2018  2:14 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

belinelli bought out and to Philly. Joe bought out also.
Its why Clee had little value. Guys get bought out.
Tyreke Eveans will be a free agent. He was thought to be traded.
Contending teams can draft guys and blend them in too. Warriors are doing it. Good teams with Culture can do this. Those players might not have big upside bu they contribute with low salary. Sometimes they become Dray Green!

Brandon Wright bought out. Not great, but KOQ not much better. Why give up picks for short term rentals if you can get near value for free?

We mad about Getting two picks for Willy? Think Nugget fans are upset about Mudiay? He was the 7th pick and they could not get a low 1st rounder for the 21 year old still with another season on his rookie deal.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

2/11/2018  5:36 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/11/2018  5:38 PM
The Cavs are taking the Celts behind the woodshed!!!...The new young legs have the Cavs playing with much more enerygy and effort. Even Lebron looks rejuvenated...With more practice time, this Cavs team will mos def win the east...Lebron has totally controlled the game. This is the type of team you build around Lebron...Props to the new GM. They dont have enough to beat GS though....With that said, whenever the Celts lose, its a great thing
Swishfm3
Member: #392
2/11/2018  9:29 PM
Uptown wrote:The Cavs are taking the Celts behind the woodshed!!!...The new young legs have the Cavs playing with much more enerygy and effort. Even Lebron looks rejuvenated...With more practice time, this Cavs team will mos def win the east...Lebron has totally controlled the game. This is the type of team you build around Lebron...Props to the new GM. They dont have enough to beat GS though....With that said, whenever the Celts lose, its a great thing

yes...I caught this game on TV tonight. I know its just one game but Cavs looked GOOD.

I don't know Uptown....I think we can start sizing the Cavs for their rings

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

2/11/2018  9:57 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:
Uptown wrote:The Cavs are taking the Celts behind the woodshed!!!...The new young legs have the Cavs playing with much more enerygy and effort. Even Lebron looks rejuvenated...With more practice time, this Cavs team will mos def win the east...Lebron has totally controlled the game. This is the type of team you build around Lebron...Props to the new GM. They dont have enough to beat GS though....With that said, whenever the Celts lose, its a great thing

yes...I caught this game on TV tonight. I know its just one game but Cavs looked GOOD.

Lebron would have to play all world in 4 games just to have a chance to beat GS 4 times....The Cavs need another elite player that can step up similar to the way Kyrie did to go along with Lebrons antics. Can't see Hood, Clarkson or Hill duplicating what Kyrie did...GS is rolling out 4 allstars every game. Its almost unfair...

blkexec
Member: #748
2/12/2018  2:30 PM
Uptown wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:

Lebron would have to play all world in 4 games just to have a chance to beat GS 4 times....The Cavs need another elite player that can step up similar to the way Kyrie did to go along with Lebrons antics. Can't see Hood, Clarkson or Hill duplicating what Kyrie did...GS is rolling out 4 allstars every game. Its almost unfair...

GS looks vulnerable this year. I think they are more beatable than last year. Or maybe they are following the normal championship team strategy. Rest and coast during the season....Turn it up after the All Star break. We'll see.....But I agree, Cavs looks like the team to beat in the east once again!

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
smackeddog
Member: #883
2/14/2018  11:10 AM
Interesting article by Woj on how the Cavs moves at the deadline came about:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page/Woj22432626/how-cleveland-cavaliers-changed-their-season-flurry-trades-adrian-wojnarowski

Seems the Clips came close to trading DeAndre Jordan in exchange for Frye, Shump, Crowder and the Cavs 2018 pick, because they didn't want to take on Shump. I think they made a big mistake there as Jordan is likely walking- a 1st rounder and Crowder would definitely be worth taking on Shumps contract for.

Around the NBA 2017-18

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy