Author Thread
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

12/29/2017  9:01 AM
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:"Carmelo Anthony is embracing his role playing off the ball.

He doesn't have a choice.

Westbrook is the ball dominant player on that team and the entire team structure is built around getting him volume counting stats. From the franchise side, OKC has become an archetype of a functionally marketable team that has no chance to contend. You can sell tickets, get a profit, get fan interest and sell merchandise, but it's going to be a top heavy salary in RW who can't actually carry you over the top to a title.

Melo bucks, WB will freeze him out. Melo goes after WB in the press, then he's stuck. WB is a Nike Signature athlete, based on the brand relationship with the networks, Melo would be roasted alive in the sports media.

He found a bigger ballhog and narcissist than himself. Karma at work.

OKC has gone 10-3 over their last 13 games, has won 5 straight and seem to be figuring things out. Melo is playing with more talent so his role definitely had to change. But I think he wanted a chance to win. A week ago all of the talk was about trading George. Winning seems to have taken care of that.
so your saying he's thriving in his role as 3rd option and spot up shooter? Wow... who woulda thunk it

No he is saying that Melo is a phenomenal defensive player. Top 20 most of year actually. Just check the numbers.

Think he is showing how fans will make stuff up to help their narrative. Truth always was that Melo was not a cancer, took us from laughing stock to playoff contenders right away, was always willing to be a team player, was thrown under the bus by phil and NEVER had any real talent around him as a Knick. Kinda different from what most spent hours trying to push around here. Now he is playing ream ball, sacrificing for the team and guys will resort to pushing the third option knock in his 15th! season as a pro. Who would have thunk it?? So let me guess, if they go far in the playoffs but lose to GS it's will be his fault?

Btw, how is Noah doing?

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
AUTOADVERT
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

12/29/2017  10:54 AM
smackeddog wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
smackeddog wrote:What happened to JR Smith? every time I look at a Cavs boxscore he only seems to have scored 3 points and shot 1/3

He's a 32 year old knucklehead who has relied heavily on his athleticism to take and make 3 point shots. It was only a matter of time before Father-time and the comforts of a multi-year contract caught up to him. Thank God we dumped him (and Shumpert) when we did. That truly was addition by subtraction.

Remember when people on these boards and Knick writers were in tears that we traded away JR and Shumpert and actually blasted Phil for committing such a crime!

I do and that was the first (and only) time that I found myself supporting a Phil Jackson trade. And yet, there are STILL those critical of the move. People must not have taken notice of how good LeBron is and the influence he has on trash. This is the guy, afterall, that had Mo Williams regarded as an all-star. Think about how crazy that is when you consider what Mo was before and after LeBron.

NardDogNation

12/29/2017  10:59 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
smackeddog wrote:What happened to JR Smith? every time I look at a Cavs boxscore he only seems to have scored 3 points and shot 1/3

He's a 32 year old knucklehead who has relied heavily on his athleticism to take and make 3 point shots. It was only a matter of time before Father-time and the comforts of a multi-year contract caught up to him. Thank God we dumped him (and Shumpert) when we did. That truly was addition by subtraction.

Remember when people on these boards and Knick writers were in tears that we traded away JR and Shumpert and actually blasted Phil for committing such a crime!

I think it was because they got Lou and Lance back. The remains of the 54/37 win team was moved for small hands, Calderon, Early, the two guard that is getting run in Miami (Ellington?), Lou, and Lance. The Pablo trade was a positive.

The remains of that 54-37 team were mostly sub.500 with us during their Knick careers though. The Tyson Chandler trade remains a profoundly stupid one but I don't think anyone was emotionally attached to him or any of the guys around Melo. I even remember when the Shumpert/Smith trade was announced, I was at my gym and did a little celebration while on a threadmill.

NardDogNation

12/29/2017  11:00 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:"Carmelo Anthony is embracing his role playing off the ball.

He doesn't have a choice.

Westbrook is the ball dominant player on that team and the entire team structure is built around getting him volume counting stats. From the franchise side, OKC has become an archetype of a functionally marketable team that has no chance to contend. You can sell tickets, get a profit, get fan interest and sell merchandise, but it's going to be a top heavy salary in RW who can't actually carry you over the top to a title.

Melo bucks, WB will freeze him out. Melo goes after WB in the press, then he's stuck. WB is a Nike Signature athlete, based on the brand relationship with the networks, Melo would be roasted alive in the sports media.

He found a bigger ballhog and narcissist than himself. Karma at work.

OKC has gone 10-3 over their last 13 games, has won 5 straight and seem to be figuring things out. Melo is playing with more talent so his role definitely had to change. But I think he wanted a chance to win. A week ago all of the talk was about trading George. Winning seems to have taken care of that.
so your saying he's thriving in his role as 3rd option and spot up shooter? Wow... who woulda thunk it

No he is saying that Melo is a phenomenal defensive player. Top 20 most of year actually. Just check the numbers.

Think he is showing how fans will make stuff up to help their narrative. Truth always was that Melo was not a cancer, took us from laughing stock to playoff contenders right away, was always willing to be a team player, was thrown under the bus by phil and NEVER had any real talent around him as a Knick. Kinda different from what most spent hours trying to push around here. Now he is playing ream ball, sacrificing for the team and guys will resort to pushing the third option knock in his 15th! season as a pro. Who would have thunk it?? So let me guess, if they go far in the playoffs but lose to GS it's will be his fault?

Btw, how is Noah doing?

+1

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
12/29/2017  11:25 PM
Bamba slid his name into #1 type consideration tonight

Boy what a frikin mess we made by not scking really high end players at the top. Shouoldve let Carmelo walk and scked.

RIP Crushalot😞
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
12/30/2017  3:54 AM
BRIGGS wrote:Bamba slid his name into #1 type consideration tonight

Boy what a frikin mess we made by not scking really high end players at the top. Shouoldve let Carmelo walk and scked.

You're the one who wanted to win this season, in fact you proposed making trades to help us win now only a few weeks ago

BRIGGS
12/30/2017  4:40 AM
smackeddog wrote:

You're the one who wanted to win this season, in fact you proposed making trades to help us win now only a few weeks ago

I really thought we were doomed after losing all 6 pres season and 3 start of season. Which wouldve been fine by me but it went the other way--once it does and KP looks really good why not try to improve?

The reality is were not good enough to be great and not bad enough to get a top end pick.

I do think there might be a happy medium where we can draft efficient mature players who are ready to go physically and mentally.

I have no clue what we will look like for free agency.

Its hard to root for them to win now. Id still like to get Willy going.

RIP Crushalot😞
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/30/2017  12:59 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Cartman718
Member: #1694

12/30/2017  3:41 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Ouch
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/31/2017  3:19 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

I really thought we were doomed after losing all 6 pres season and 3 start of season. Which wouldve been fine by me but it went the other way--once it does and KP looks really good why not try to improve?

The reality is were not good enough to be great and not bad enough to get a top end pick.

I do think there might be a happy medium where we can draft efficient mature players who are ready to go physically and mentally.

I have no clue what we will look like for free agency.

Its hard to root for them to win now. Id still like to get Willy going.

3 preseason games actually shows a lot of patience... for you
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
CrushAlot
USA
1/1/2018  8:41 PM
CrushAlot
USA
1/3/2018  12:07 PM
Have to wonder if D'Antoni played Harden too many minutes. Playing him 37 minutes in a preseason blowout victory against the Knicks was over the top at the time.
smackeddog
Member: #883
1/3/2018  3:19 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Have to wonder if D'Antoni played Harden too many minutes. Playing him 37 minutes in a preseason blowout victory against the Knicks was over the top at the time.

Thibs always gets attacked for it, but D’antoni is worse- he ended Kobe’s career (look at the ridiculous mins he was playing him in the games leading up to his Achilles tear)

CrushAlot
USA
1/3/2018  3:49 PM
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Have to wonder if D'Antoni played Harden too many minutes. Playing him 37 minutes in a preseason blowout victory against the Knicks was over the top at the time.

Thibs always gets attacked for it, but D’antoni is worse- he ended Kobe’s career (look at the ridiculous mins he was playing him in the games leading up to his Achilles tear)

I agree. Watching the Kobe game was horrible. He needed to take him out.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/4/2018  1:40 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

coach don't take Kobe out, Kobe take Kobe out.

CrushAlot
USA
1/4/2018  4:39 PM
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Would Phil have taken him out? How about Riles, Pop, even Jeff?
Nalod
USA
1/5/2018  8:28 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

How abstract it is to say "should have taken him out before the injury". How easy is that.
Only Kobe can answer that.

CrushAlot
USA
1/5/2018  11:45 AM
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

How abstract it is to say "should have taken him out before the injury". How easy is that.
Only Kobe can answer that.

I watched that game. No way he should have been allowed to continue to play. It was one of the worst things that I have ever watched in sports and I am not a Kobe fan.
BRIGGS
1/5/2018  11:57 AM
What an unreal catch by the Rockets with Green--guys playing like an all star--they got him for nothing.
RIP Crushalot😞
Nalod
USA
1/5/2018  1:26 PM
BRIGGS wrote:What an unreal catch by the Rockets with Green--guys playing like an all star--they got him for nothing.

Right players plugged into the right system!!

Around the NBA 2017-18

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy