[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Around the NBA 2017-18
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
12/16/2017  11:20 AM
https://bballbreakdown.com/2017/12/15/what-im-seein-atlantic-division-celtics-76ers-nets-knicks-raptors/
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
USA
12/18/2017  9:32 PM
Celtics just stole the game from the Pacers.
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

12/19/2017  7:45 AM
CrushAlot wrote:Celtics just stole the game from the Pacers.

Literally

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/19/2017  3:01 PM
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:Did MElo like money more than he hated Phil?
And really, what did Phil do that was so bloody awful?
Melo wanted to stay in NYC. That’s all we read. The he played it tough to trade. Not out of spite, but he had choices and wanted to maintain control. Nothing evil there.
It’s over, we moved on. Why do some of you think you know what he was REALLY thinking?
Why would anyone speculate about the most polarizing player on a team for the last 7 years on the team's message board? Here's a question I would love an answer to. Why would someone start a thread about leaving the board only to be the most prolific poster on the board for the month following their post?

lol...and then consistently talk about a player who's no longer on the team

You do realize OKC is all over the media and on a lot of national broadcasts?
You do realize whose coming to town on Sunday? No, not Santa, MELO!!!
Everyone favorite teammate.

YOur initial post was asking why are people speculating about Melo and what he was going to do last offseason. You apparently didn't think that was topic worthy. Now you have spun it.

People are speaking for Melo’s thoughts. I find it amusing.
MeloClaus is coming to town!!!! He made a no trade list, and checked it twice, found out OKC was not so naughty, and might be nice! You Better watch out, you better no spin, Melo gonna high volume shoot and Knicks get a win.......

this is pretty funny
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
CrushAlot
USA
12/22/2017  10:38 PM
Rockets losing at home to the Clippers.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/23/2017  1:51 PM
Any idea why the Sun's cut Mike James? He was an older player, but I doubt Isaiah Cannan is going to be a huge improvement. Aggressive tanking maneuver?
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Cartman718
Member: #1694

12/25/2017  1:16 PM
"Carmelo Anthony is embracing his role playing off the ball.

In Friday's game, Anthony scored 24 points on 8-of-19 shooting including 7-of-12 from 3 as most of his offense came on catch-and-shoot opportunities.

"One hundred percent," Billy Donovan said when asked if that was the ideal kind of offensive game for Anthony. "I give him a lot of credit because this is different for him, and he's really been open-minded about trying to do whatever he can do to help the team. And as a coach, you really appreciate someone that's been in the game such a long time and established himself as a 10-time All-Star, 14 years in the league, one of the all-time greats, that he's willing to look at ways that he can do things a little bit differently to help our team."

"I think for me it's just a matter of accepting that role. That's all it is," Anthony said. "Realizing that's what it's going to be, these are the type of shots I'm going to get, this is the type of offense we're going to be running and accepting that, and working on that role. That's something that I've kind of been doing over the past week, is allowing myself to accept that role and do whatever I gotta do to make this team win.""

Meaning the exact same thing that he wouldn't do for the Knicks.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
CrushAlot
USA
12/25/2017  11:38 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:"Carmelo Anthony is embracing his role playing off the ball.

He doesn't have a choice.

Westbrook is the ball dominant player on that team and the entire team structure is built around getting him volume counting stats. From the franchise side, OKC has become an archetype of a functionally marketable team that has no chance to contend. You can sell tickets, get a profit, get fan interest and sell merchandise, but it's going to be a top heavy salary in RW who can't actually carry you over the top to a title.

Melo bucks, WB will freeze him out. Melo goes after WB in the press, then he's stuck. WB is a Nike Signature athlete, based on the brand relationship with the networks, Melo would be roasted alive in the sports media.

He found a bigger ballhog and narcissist than himself. Karma at work.

OKC has gone 10-3 over their last 13 games, has won 5 straight and seem to be figuring things out. Melo is playing with more talent so his role definitely had to change. But I think he wanted a chance to win. A week ago all of the talk was about trading George. Winning seems to have taken care of that.
smackeddog
Member: #883
12/27/2017  4:16 AM
What happened to JR Smith? every time I look at a Cavs boxscore he only seems to have scored 3 points and shot 1/3
CrushAlot
USA
12/27/2017  12:34 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21836778/nba-take-note-utah-jazz-rookie-donovan-mitchell
fishmike
USA
12/27/2017  4:04 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

Westbrook is the ball dominant player on that team and the entire team structure is built around getting him volume counting stats. From the franchise side, OKC has become an archetype of a functionally marketable team that has no chance to contend. You can sell tickets, get a profit, get fan interest and sell merchandise, but it's going to be a top heavy salary in RW who can't actually carry you over the top to a title.

Melo bucks, WB will freeze him out. Melo goes after WB in the press, then he's stuck. WB is a Nike Signature athlete, based on the brand relationship with the networks, Melo would be roasted alive in the sports media.

OKC has gone 10-3 over their last 13 games, has won 5 straight and seem to be figuring things out. Melo is playing with more talent so his role definitely had to change. But I think he wanted a chance to win. A week ago all of the talk was about trading George. Winning seems to have taken care of that.
so your saying he's thriving in his role as 3rd option and spot up shooter? Wow... who woulda thunk it
fishmike
USA
12/27/2017  4:06 PM
CrushAlot wrote:http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21836778/nba-take-note-utah-jazz-rookie-donovan-mitchell
dude's awesome. We took a good long look at him supposedly. He's really good and playing next to Rubio has kept things simple for him. He's not playing PG which is what we were taking him for. Great role for him and he's having an amazing season
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

12/27/2017  5:48 PM
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

so your saying he's thriving in his role as 3rd option and spot up shooter? Wow... who woulda thunk it

His NET BPM is -3.2 and his VORP is -0.3, so basicall through the first 33 games he has been slightly worse than the average NBA player - "thriving"?

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
CrushAlot
USA
12/27/2017  5:58 PM
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

I think they are starting to figure out how to make it work. Was his role ever in question when he signed there?
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

12/27/2017  9:49 PM
smackeddog wrote:What happened to JR Smith? every time I look at a Cavs boxscore he only seems to have scored 3 points and shot 1/3

He's a 32 year old knucklehead who has relied heavily on his athleticism to take and make 3 point shots. It was only a matter of time before Father-time and the comforts of a multi-year contract caught up to him. Thank God we dumped him (and Shumpert) when we did. That truly was addition by subtraction.

knicks1248
Member: #582
12/27/2017  10:58 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
smackeddog wrote:What happened to JR Smith? every time I look at a Cavs boxscore he only seems to have scored 3 points and shot 1/3

He's a 32 year old knucklehead who has relied heavily on his athleticism to take and make 3 point shots. It was only a matter of time before Father-time and the comforts of a multi-year contract caught up to him. Thank God we dumped him (and Shumpert) when we did. That truly was addition by subtraction.

who would you prefer shooting Korver or Jr

ES
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

12/28/2017  12:43 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

who would you prefer shooting Korver or Jr

Just shooting? Korver.

smackeddog
Member: #883
12/28/2017  5:23 AM
NardDogNation wrote:

Remember when people on these boards and Knick writers were in tears that we traded away JR and Shumpert and actually blasted Phil for committing such a crime!

knicks1248
Member: #582
12/28/2017  10:48 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/28/2017  10:49 AM
smackeddog wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

Remember when people on these boards and Knick writers were in tears that we traded away JR and Shumpert and actually blasted Phil for committing such a crime!

well their role on the cavs would be much different on the knicks

ES
CrushAlot
USA
12/28/2017  12:03 PM
smackeddog wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

I think it was because they got Lou and Lance back. The remains of the 54/37 win team was moved for small hands, Calderon, Early, the two guard that is getting run in Miami (Ellington?), Lou, and Lance. The Pablo trade was a positive.
Around the NBA 2017-18

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy