[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Around the NBA 2017-18
Author Thread
Kemet
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6148

11/30/2017  8:57 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Marvin Bagley has simply dominated his way into the number 1 pick. I dont think anything else can be said. Aayton hasnt done anything wrong but Begley is unreal.

So True .. Bagley n Carter Jr own the paint in the NCAA .. Duke will not be the underdog in final 4 this season

AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/1/2017  10:28 PM
Thunder finally win again. George and Adams had huge games.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
12/8/2017  10:10 AM
CrushAlot wrote:Thunder finally win again. George and Adams had huge games.

And then they lose to the nets

the end of that game was ridiculous, all the rush shots melo and westbrook took in the last 2 minutes of games. I'm talking 18 seconds on the shot clock and hoisting up off balance contested shots.

ES
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
12/8/2017  10:37 AM
knicks1248 wrote:

the end of that game was ridiculous, all the rush shots melo and westbrook took in the last 2 minutes of games. I'm talking 18 seconds on the shot clock and hoisting up off balance contested shots.

Good game from Melo though. I continue to be fascinated by any Knick fans who "follow" Melo. He did so much for this franchise

Best team he's ever played on. Career low FG%, assists and he sucks on defense. Everyday that trade gets older the clearer it becomes that we fleeced Presti

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/8/2017  10:50 AM
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Good game from Melo though. I continue to be fascinated by any Knick fans who "follow" Melo. He did so much for this franchise

Best team he's ever played on. Career low FG%, assists and he sucks on defense. Everyday that trade gets older the clearer it becomes that we fleeced Presti

You could see over the past 2 years that his legs were shot. Haven't watched him this year and I am wondering about the same.

You have to wonder if all of the publicized summer videos were to boost his "value" for a trade. If PG opts out and moves on and Melo opts IN, OKC in trouble.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
12/8/2017  11:08 AM
martin wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

You could see over the past 2 years that his legs were shot. Haven't watched him this year and I am wondering about the same.

You have to wonder if all of the publicized summer videos were to boost his "value" for a trade. If PG opts out and moves on and Melo opts IN, OKC in trouble.

He's the worst kind of terrible because he doesnt know it yet. He still thinks he's a great player in the league. He just refuses to change. We saw it here for 2 years. Yes Phil handled it terribly, nobody will argue that. Bottom line is we had guy who demanded star treatment without star play or anything close to it. Great lockerroom guy though

This happens in sports. Lots of players go through this. The key is that your franchise sees it and moves on before it becomes damaging. We got out late, but we got out with something to show for it.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
martin
USA
12/8/2017  11:34 AM
fishmike wrote:
martin wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

He's the worst kind of terrible because he doesnt know it yet. He still thinks he's a great player in the league. He just refuses to change. We saw it here for 2 years. Yes Phil handled it terribly, nobody will argue that. Bottom line is we had guy who demanded star treatment without star play or anything close to it. Great lockerroom guy though

This happens in sports. Lots of players go through this. The key is that your franchise sees it and moves on before it becomes damaging. We got out late, but we got out with something to show for it.

Wade has found a nice place on Cavs bench, wonder when Melo will smarten up.

knicks1248
12/8/2017  12:06 PM
martin wrote:
fishmike wrote:
martin wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

lets be honest here, westbrook/melo/pg13 is not really a really good mix of talent..

ES
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

12/8/2017  12:42 PM
martin wrote:
fishmike wrote:
martin wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Honestly don't think smartening up is a part of Melo's toolset. I think we have enough data to conclude the obvious by now.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
martin
USA
12/8/2017  1:15 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
martin wrote:
fishmike wrote:
martin wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Honestly don't think smartening up is a part of Melo's toolset. I think we have enough data to conclude the obvious by now.

true!

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
12/8/2017  5:09 PM
Listening to Alan Hahn yesterday on the radio. Was on another dudes show though transitioning. But he brought up how Towns and his people aren't happy at all in Minny. How he doesn't like the system they are running. How they would love to come to NY(only due to local ties but isn't something they are pushing). This information will most likely lead to nothing(probably 99% probability it leads to nothing). Just passing along an interesting tidbit I heard from Hahn.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
CrushAlot
USA
12/8/2017  6:01 PM
martin wrote:
fishmike wrote:
martin wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

i wonder if he is thinking about opting out to get one last big contract. I would guess that he still believes in his abilities and sees himself as a marquee player.
CrushAlot
USA
12/8/2017  6:02 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:Listening to Alan Hahn yesterday on the radio. Was on another dudes show though transitioning. But he brought up how Towns and his people aren't happy at all in Minny. How he doesn't like the system they are running. How they would love to come to NY(only due to local ties but isn't something they are pushing). This information will most likely lead to nothing(probably 99% probability it leads to nothing). Just passing along an interesting tidbit I heard from Hahn.
Wow.
martin
USA
12/8/2017  11:14 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
fishmike wrote:
martin wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

i wonder if he is thinking about opting out to get one last big contract. I would guess that he still believes in his abilities and sees himself as a marquee player.

He would be insane to opt out unless it truly is for family. No team is going to give him a long term big contract. Writing been on wall too long.

CrushAlot
USA
12/8/2017  11:35 PM
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
fishmike wrote:
martin wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

He would be insane to opt out unless it truly is for family. No team is going to give him a long term big contract. Writing been on wall too long.

He might get more money with more years, not 27 mil in one year but maybe 54 mil for 3 years. I didn't think he would opt out if he stayed in NY. I thought he would force the Knicks to buy him out like Wade in Chicago. I believe he ages out of a longer term deal soon but I am not positive. This might motivate him to opt out. I believe TT has posted about this and he has a good handle on the cba
CrushAlot
USA
12/9/2017  12:20 AM
https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2747968-this-isnt-entertainment-basketball-do-ball-brothers-have-a-future-overseas.amp.html?__twitter_impression=true
martin
USA
12/9/2017  11:48 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
fishmike wrote:
martin wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

He might get more money with more years, not 27 mil in one year but maybe 54 mil for 3 years. I didn't think he would opt out if he stayed in NY. I thought he would force the Knicks to buy him out like Wade in Chicago. I believe he ages out of a longer term deal soon but I am not positive. This might motivate him to opt out. I believe TT has posted about this and he has a good handle on the cba

Melo going to be 34 in May, this season. Do you really think there is a team that is going to give him $15M per over 3 years? He is pretty much having career lows across the board and diminishing.

Versus a guaranteed $28M.

Chandler
Member: #6197

12/11/2017  9:59 AM
fishmike wrote:
martin wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

I might be one to argue that. I will agree it would have all been more pleasant if everything could have been kept in house etc. But what we don't know -- and won't know until Phil's next book -- is whether they tried dealing with the ball stopping etc in house and Melo just ignored it. Even if that didn't happen, we all know Phil has used media before as a tool before so not a huge surprise.

I for one seriously doubt Melo would be gone if not for Phil using his tactics (and to Crush etc., yes Phil gave him the contract -- hindsight is always 20/20)

(5)(5)
Cartman718
Member: #1694

12/11/2017  10:05 AM
I think OKC realized that in order to continue to sell tickets and not alienate Westbrook, they need more marquee names on the roster. And they got that, I dont think they feel they could actually win any championships with that trio.
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
knicks1248
12/11/2017  1:06 PM
Cartman718 wrote:I think OKC realized that in order to continue to sell tickets and not alienate Westbrook, they need more marquee names on the roster. And they got that, I dont think they feel they could actually win any championships with that trio.

Marquee names mean nothing if your not an elite team. Chemistry out weighs talent any day of the wk for me.

It's tough to play with a PG like Russell, he's no different than Marbury and steve francis, you have no idea what those type of pg's are going to do from possession to possession.

ES
Around the NBA 2017-18

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy