Author Thread
Knickoftime
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3370

11/1/2017  12:37 PM
EnySpree wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:So are the Nets still a thing?

As usual the media fawns over them, oblivious to the fact they are trash- I have never understood the media's love of the nets ever since their owner bought the team- he's been as bad as Dolan in many ways

The Jeremy Lin injury was devastating for them. They built the team around Lin and Russell attacking game. Dinwiddie is trying but he just doesn't have the same driving skills that Lin has.

They are a team you can get behind. I have no hate for them. Kg and PP is gone. Williams is gone. No Billy King. I love their head coach. The team plays hard but they are young. Not many skill players. Just a ton of roll guys. Reminds me of the old teams that played on channel 9 back in the 90s. I can't lie, I be following them and generally want them to do well.... but not when they are playing the Knicks!

It was just typical that a week back people were lauding the Nets and favorably comparing them to the Knicks after three games.

I don't know what either teams records will be after 20 games, but any comparisons until then we're ill-conceived.

AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 8
Member: #303
11/1/2017  3:06 PM
Wow you look around at some of the video from these new freshmen in school--this class is just loaded with good BIG players. K Knox from Kentucky looks like Grant Hill. Getting one of these enormous 3's with skills like that would just do wonders for the long term. Its a catch 22 if we win 38-43 games--good enough to make the playoffs but not bad enough to get a player to gets us to 58 wins.
Cartman718
Member: #1694

11/1/2017  9:16 PM
think okafor goes to cleveland if he gets cut...that's where he'd have most value.
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 8
Member: #303
11/2/2017  12:31 AM
I was watching the Cs--they are so good defensively. Brad Stevens is a darn good coach and they swarm all over the floor.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 472
Member: #377
USA
11/2/2017  10:38 AM
BRIGGS wrote:I was watching the Cs--they are so good defensively. Brad Stevens is a darn good coach and they swarm all over the floor.

I agree. He has JVG tendencies in his defensive philosophy.

reub
Member: #6227

11/2/2017  8:19 PM
Cartman718 wrote:think okafor goes to cleveland if he gets cut...that's where he'd have most value.

If he gets cut does he go on waivers first? Why wouldn't we pick him up before the Cavs can? I don't care how many bigs we have, we would have to make room for him. No?

Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
11/3/2017  12:20 AM
reub wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:think okafor goes to cleveland if he gets cut...that's where he'd have most value.

If he gets cut does he go on waivers first? Why wouldn't we pick him up before the Cavs can? I don't care how many bigs we have, we would have to make room for him. No?

Gotta have the cap space to claim him....neither do.

PURE KNICKS LOVE
Chandler
Member: #6197

11/3/2017  8:07 AM
NYKBocker wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I was watching the Cs--they are so good defensively. Brad Stevens is a darn good coach and they swarm all over the floor.

Curious to your thinking?

I always thought of JVG as bruising interior defense and don’t recall much else of an identity

Stevens uses tough defense first guards at the perimeter and interior has been suspect

DJMUSIC: Fisher talked a good game in Post game but aside from that Derek Fisher was ALL CHIT CHAT SH_t and produced nothing!
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 472
Member: #377
USA
11/3/2017  11:50 AM
Chandler wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

Curious to your thinking?

I always thought of JVG as bruising interior defense and don’t recall much else of an identity

Stevens uses tough defense first guards at the perimeter and interior has been suspect

JVG was all about defense first and adjusted to his personnel much like Pat Riley. With us and the way the NBA was officiated, his bigs were bruisers that can really move laterally. Not a lot of flyers. Our perimeter defense was trained to force players to the sideline where they can get help. When JVG went to Houston, he was still a defensive coach but changed his philosophy to match his personnel. The Rockets defense was very similar to what Boston is doing now. They didn't have the bruising bigs but they had the tough perimeter defenders. Yeah, they also had Yao to clog the middle but he was not a bruiser.

One thing that Brad Stevens do that really remind me of JVG was that he does not want any free runs in the paint. Cutters were hand checked and all players are taught to help and recover. It's basketball defense 101 but not a lot of NBA teams do it nowadays.

Kemet
Member: #6148

11/3/2017  10:58 PM
The Knicks beat the Suns tonight 120-107 .. Nice Win!

Westbrook vs Kyrie tonight .. Kyrie dont want no part of what Westbrook got in store for him tonite lol

Half-Time .. OKC 40 .. Boston 27
Kyrie shooting 1-9 for 3 pts at the half .. Kyrie talent is no match for Westbrook lol

Swishfm3
Member: #392
11/3/2017  11:12 PM
Kemet wrote:The Knicks beat the Suns tonight 120-107 .. Nice Win!

Westbrook vs Kyrie tonight .. Kyrie dont want no part of what Westbrook got in store for him tonite lol

Kyrie shooting 1-9 for 3 pts at the half .. Kyrie talent is no match for Westbrook lol

OKC is serious. I can not wait until the go up against the GSW....and Boston, their not looking to good against OKC but I have become a huge fan of this team...Especially of Tatum and Brown.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/3/2017  11:46 PM
Kyrie with the 5 point play.
I think we know what we're doing..... Phil Jackson
magicTs
Member: #5564

11/4/2017  12:12 AM
Those crowning OKC as a challenger looking rather foolish. They have no chance against the Warriors. As for LolMelo, my God am I thrilled we are rid of him. Shot 3 of 17 tonight. He's done.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/4/2017  12:43 AM
magicTs wrote:Those crowning OKC as a challenger looking rather foolish. They have no chance against the Warriors. As for LolMelo, my God am I thrilled we are rid of him. Shot 3 of 17 tonight. He's done.

They have had moments where they have looked fantastic. I think they will be right there in the spring. Remember the Heatles struggled initially and Bron didn't like Spo. Melo had a bunch of shots that were down that popped out. He also rebounded really well ad was active on d. I think the Knics did well being in a compromised position in the Melo trade but I think Sam Presti knows what he is doing and the team will compete in April. Similar to the first Melo trade, I think this trade was a win for both organizations.
I think we know what we're doing..... Phil Jackson
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

11/4/2017  1:47 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
magicTs wrote:Those crowning OKC as a challenger looking rather foolish. They have no chance against the Warriors. As for LolMelo, my God am I thrilled we are rid of him. Shot 3 of 17 tonight. He's done.

They have had moments where they have looked fantastic. I think they will be right there in the spring. Remember the Heatles struggled initially and Bron didn't like Spo. Melo had a bunch of shots that were down that popped out. He also rebounded really well ad was active on d. I think the Knics did well being in a compromised position in the Melo trade but I think Sam Presti knows what he is doing and the team will compete in April. Similar to the first Melo trade, I think this trade was a win for both organizations.

If they keep up their play on defense they will be right their with GSW. OKC is doing the right thing by starting the season setting the tone on D first.

The refs really helped turn the tide for the Cs in the second half Melo and Russ shooting didnt help matters

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

11/4/2017  9:41 AM

I watched most of OKC's games...This was the first clunker Melo has had....So far, Melo has fit in a little better than George has. Playing with a drive and kick player like Russ, the wings would benefit if they had some catch and shoot in their games. George was never a catch and shoot player in Indy. Lots of iso plays, or catch, dribble and slash or step back. The offense will get better as they get used to each other, but defensively, they've been solid for the most part.

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

11/4/2017  11:17 AM
Kemet wrote:

ummmmmmmmm...

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

11/4/2017  12:43 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
Kemet wrote:

ummmmmmmmm...

As a former coach...I never assumed anything until the contest was over- was nervous until the end, or when it was mathematically impossible for my team to lose.

Kemet assumed...and ain't looking too good after last night.

Maybe Kyrie saw what he wrote and took it personally.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
magicTs
Member: #5564

11/5/2017  10:47 PM
Melo just got ejected.
Westbrook is 5 for 17.
Lmao off at OKC.
Over 7 games they literally have no chance against the Warriors.
smackeddog
Member: #883
11/6/2017  5:20 AM
magicTs wrote:Melo just got ejected.
Westbrook is 5 for 17.
Lmao off at OKC.
Over 7 games they literally have no chance against the Warriors.

Melo's ejection was absolute BS though- the ref's just don't seem to like him:

Around the NBA 2017-18

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.