[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Around the NBA 2017-18
Author Thread
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

10/28/2017  2:03 PM
Wow. Crazy. I fly Delta. I like em. Nothing they could have done in this situation though. Good job by the pilot and bad job by Chicago to not clear the airport area of birds.

They’re supposed to take preventive measures for this.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 106
Member: #2
USA
10/28/2017  4:13 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

10/28/2017  5:43 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/28/2017  5:44 PM
martin wrote:

Thanks for posting.

Although some of those may be deceiving. As all numbers are.
Frank happened to play his first game and 20 minutes during a blow out win.

Watching a lot of games on NBA league pass and IMHO...

Markkanen numbers are accurately showing his impact and level of play. He has played very well.
Kuzma is by far the biggest surprise, so far. Turning out to be a really good 27 pick.
Simmons is probably the best on the list but plays for you know who.
Donavan Mitchell probably the best true first year player thus far.
Fultz has been a a bit of a disappointment but is not healthy.
Very surprised at Tatum's +/-. Watching Boston he seems to be a spark plug for them and playing well.
Good to see Collins up there. Was a fan of trading down our pick for Collins and Mitchell.

Interesting stuff.

Melo Haters = Lin lovers who are mad Houston paid so much for his 15 Minutes,
Caseloads
Member: #41
10/28/2017  11:30 PM
Jax wanted Markkanen as a KP replacement.

Simmons is doing great. Mitchell is also doing fantastic, but has a lower ceiling.

Like that Frank keeps his hands up on Defense. Counts for a lot.

Caseloads
Member: #41
10/28/2017  11:31 PM
Cartman718 wrote:Wow. Crazy. I fly Delta. I like em. Nothing they could have done in this situation though. Good job by the pilot and bad job by Chicago to not clear the airport area of birds.

They're supposed to take preventive measures for this.

A bird would make a big dent like that? surprised. More likely falling frozen urine block from a plane passing over head.
Gudris
Member: #6213

10/29/2017  4:50 AM
Cousins and Davis duo looks promising, we have similar game
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

10/29/2017  9:10 AM
Greek Freak who? Cousins putting up early MVP numbers...40 & 20 vs the Kings and follows that up with a triple double the Cavs...

Cousins is averaging 32 14 & 6...WOW!

Uptown
Member: #1883

10/29/2017  9:17 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

I feel for OK4...Dude came into camp in great shape, ready to contribute and you're telling me he cant earn at least 15 mins off the bench? BS! How are you going to trade and and ask for a 1st round pick and he cant even crack your everyday line up?! For Ok4 sake, I hope he lands on his feet with an organization that knows how to utilize his skill set.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

10/29/2017  11:05 AM
Caseloads wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:Wow. Crazy. I fly Delta. I like em. Nothing they could have done in this situation though. Good job by the pilot and bad job by Chicago to not clear the airport area of birds.

They're supposed to take preventive measures for this.

A bird would make a big dent like that? surprised. More likely falling frozen urine block from a plane passing over head.

they probably have bird detection tech or something like that built in when flying at the peak height. but this used to be a bigger concern back in the day. the speed at which a plane moves anything flying in the opposite direction will have serious impact to both. even if something like a bird is seen at a distance while flying, by the time the pilot has seen it it is already too late to divert the plane. that's how fast it happens from what i have read.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/29/2017  12:25 PM
New site for nba content.
https://tsa.substack.com/
I think we know what we're doing..... Phil Jackson
Welpee
Member: #6239

10/29/2017  9:55 PM
Uptown wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I feel for OK4...Dude came into camp in great shape, ready to contribute and you're telling me he cant earn at least 15 mins off the bench? BS! How are you going to trade and and ask for a 1st round pick and he cant even crack your everyday line up?! For Ok4 sake, I hope he lands on his feet with an organization that knows how to utilize his skill set.

I think this was part of the Philly "process." Accumulate talent regardless of need or position with the thought that they could trade these "valuable" assets for a major haul in return. So what exactly did they get in return for Noel and what exactly are they expecting to get for Okafor?
TripleThreat
Member: #3997

10/30/2017  12:20 AM
Uptown wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Eric Musselman is/was a D League coach. He used to be head coach of the Warriors. He's been cited as instrumental in helping a lot of former D League guys get their skills up and mindset right in terms of being useful NBA players.

One thing he's noted as discussing with his players is your "window of opportunity" could be several games. Could be half a season. Could be half a game. Could be a couple of minutes. He points out actual players who have only played in the NBA for MINUTES. That's it. Their entire career is summed up in a few scant plays and a few forgettable moments.

Okafor took his situation for granted. Sure he's working harder now, but he should have worked that hard before.

Yes, Philly had a situation where his window was "short" but Okafor has no one to blame but himself. When your chances comes, you need to just explode through and take it. Dwayne Wade spent time talking about "loyalty" when he could not get the contract he wanted from the Heat and signed with the Bulls. Wade could have put in the hard work to develop an actual three point shot for the back half of his career. He could have tried on defense. He could have lost the 15-25 pounds he needed to to get quicker and help with injuries and making playing back to backs possible. He didn't. No one to blame but himself.

Players really need to see the handwriting on the wall. Bigs and rim protection is not as scarce as it used to be. If you want to get minutes, you better be able to defend the rim AND space the floor. If you can't, you better work like hell to try to get there.

Since you came on this board you have been way off in regards to trade value. - Briggs 7/28/2015
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 8
Member: #303
10/30/2017  10:37 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
Uptown wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Eric Musselman is/was a D League coach. He used to be head coach of the Warriors. He's been cited as instrumental in helping a lot of former D League guys get their skills up and mindset right in terms of being useful NBA players.

One thing he's noted as discussing with his players is your "window of opportunity" could be several games. Could be half a season. Could be half a game. Could be a couple of minutes. He points out actual players who have only played in the NBA for MINUTES. That's it. Their entire career is summed up in a few scant plays and a few forgettable moments.

Okafor took his situation for granted. Sure he's working harder now, but he should have worked that hard before.

Yes, Philly had a situation where his window was "short" but Okafor has no one to blame but himself. When your chances comes, you need to just explode through and take it. Dwayne Wade spent time talking about "loyalty" when he could not get the contract he wanted from the Heat and signed with the Bulls. Wade could have put in the hard work to develop an actual three point shot for the back half of his career. He could have tried on defense. He could have lost the 15-25 pounds he needed to to get quicker and help with injuries and making playing back to backs possible. He didn't. No one to blame but himself.

Players really need to see the handwriting on the wall. Bigs and rim protection is not as scarce as it used to be. If you want to get minutes, you better be able to defend the rim AND space the floor. If you can't, you better work like hell to try to get there.

OK4 needs team fit.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/31/2017  7:01 PM
I think we know what we're doing..... Phil Jackson
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

10/31/2017  10:06 PM
So are the Nets still a thing?
BigDaddyG
Member: #3049

10/31/2017  10:17 PM
Knickoftime wrote:So are the Nets still a thing?

They didn't look good tonight. Sacramento looks even worse. I don't think we have the horsepower or artillery to beat the kings in a tank fight. Fox continues to impress tho.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
smackeddog
Member: #883
11/1/2017  2:08 AM

As usual the media fawns over them, oblivious to the fact they are trash- I have never understood the media's love of the nets ever since their owner bought the team- he's been as bad as Dolan in many ways

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 472
Member: #377
USA
11/1/2017  10:22 AM
smackeddog wrote:

As usual the media fawns over them, oblivious to the fact they are trash- I have never understood the media's love of the nets ever since their owner bought the team- he's been as bad as Dolan in many ways

The Jeremy Lin injury was devastating for them. They built the team around Lin and Russell attacking game. Dinwiddie is trying but he just doesn't have the same driving skills that Lin has.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/1/2017  12:17 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

The Jeremy Lin injury was devastating for them. They built the team around Lin and Russell attacking game. Dinwiddie is trying but he just doesn't have the same driving skills that Lin has.

They are a team you can get behind. I have no hate for them. Kg and PP is gone. Williams is gone. No Billy King. I love their head coach. The team plays hard but they are young. Not many skill players. Just a ton of roll guys. Reminds me of the old teams that played on channel 9 back in the 90s. I can't lie, I be following them and generally want them to do well.... but not when they are playing the Knicks!

You know why I'm here....
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 472
Member: #377
USA
11/1/2017  12:35 PM
EnySpree wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

They are a team you can get behind. I have no hate for them. Kg and PP is gone. Williams is gone. No Billy King. I love their head coach. The team plays hard but they are young. Not many skill players. Just a ton of roll guys. Reminds me of the old teams that played on channel 9 back in the 90s. I can't lie, I be following them and generally want them to do well.... but not when they are playing the Knicks!

Same here. They don't have a player I dislike. They have a lot ex-Knicks too.

Around the NBA 2017-18

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.