[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Around the NBA 2017-18
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Posts: 57065
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
10/29/2017  12:25 PM
New site for nba content.
https://tsa.substack.com/
You playTrey Burke... Wally Szcerbiak
AUTOADVERT
Welpee
Posts: 22013
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/22/2016
Member: #6239

10/29/2017  9:55 PM
Uptown wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I feel for OK4...Dude came into camp in great shape, ready to contribute and you're telling me he cant earn at least 15 mins off the bench? BS! How are you going to trade and and ask for a 1st round pick and he cant even crack your everyday line up?! For Ok4 sake, I hope he lands on his feet with an organization that knows how to utilize his skill set.

I think this was part of the Philly "process." Accumulate talent regardless of need or position with the thought that they could trade these "valuable" assets for a major haul in return. So what exactly did they get in return for Noel and what exactly are they expecting to get for Okafor?
BRIGGS
Posts: 50392
Alba Posts: 8
Joined: 7/30/2002
Member: #303
10/30/2017  10:37 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
Uptown wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I feel for OK4...Dude came into camp in great shape, ready to contribute and you're telling me he cant earn at least 15 mins off the bench? BS! How are you going to trade and and ask for a 1st round pick and he cant even crack your everyday line up?! For Ok4 sake, I hope he lands on his feet with an organization that knows how to utilize his skill set.


Eric Musselman is/was a D League coach. He used to be head coach of the Warriors. He's been cited as instrumental in helping a lot of former D League guys get their skills up and mindset right in terms of being useful NBA players.

One thing he's noted as discussing with his players is your "window of opportunity" could be several games. Could be half a season. Could be half a game. Could be a couple of minutes. He points out actual players who have only played in the NBA for MINUTES. That's it. Their entire career is summed up in a few scant plays and a few forgettable moments.

Okafor took his situation for granted. Sure he's working harder now, but he should have worked that hard before.

Yes, Philly had a situation where his window was "short" but Okafor has no one to blame but himself. When your chances comes, you need to just explode through and take it. Dwayne Wade spent time talking about "loyalty" when he could not get the contract he wanted from the Heat and signed with the Bulls. Wade could have put in the hard work to develop an actual three point shot for the back half of his career. He could have tried on defense. He could have lost the 15-25 pounds he needed to to get quicker and help with injuries and making playing back to backs possible. He didn't. No one to blame but himself.

Players really need to see the handwriting on the wall. Bigs and rim protection is not as scarce as it used to be. If you want to get minutes, you better be able to defend the rim AND space the floor. If you can't, you better work like hell to try to get there.

OK4 needs team fit.

CrushAlot
Posts: 57065
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
10/31/2017  7:01 PM
You playTrey Burke... Wally Szcerbiak
Knickoftime
Posts: 23207
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2011
Member: #3370

10/31/2017  10:06 PM
So are the Nets still a thing?
BigDaddyG
Posts: 26005
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 1/22/2010
Member: #3049

10/31/2017  10:17 PM
Knickoftime wrote:So are the Nets still a thing?

They didn't look good tonight. Sacramento looks even worse. I don't think we have the horsepower or artillery to beat the kings in a tank fight. Fox continues to impress tho.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
smackeddog
Posts: 33135
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 3/30/2005
Member: #883
11/1/2017  2:08 AM
Knickoftime wrote:So are the Nets still a thing?

As usual the media fawns over them, oblivious to the fact they are trash- I have never understood the media's love of the nets ever since their owner bought the team- he's been as bad as Dolan in many ways

NYKBocker
Posts: 35592
Alba Posts: 472
Joined: 1/14/2003
Member: #377
USA
11/1/2017  10:22 AM
smackeddog wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:So are the Nets still a thing?

As usual the media fawns over them, oblivious to the fact they are trash- I have never understood the media's love of the nets ever since their owner bought the team- he's been as bad as Dolan in many ways

The Jeremy Lin injury was devastating for them. They built the team around Lin and Russell attacking game. Dinwiddie is trying but he just doesn't have the same driving skills that Lin has.

EnySpree
Posts: 44733
Alba Posts: 138
Joined: 4/18/2003
Member: #397

11/1/2017  12:17 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:So are the Nets still a thing?

As usual the media fawns over them, oblivious to the fact they are trash- I have never understood the media's love of the nets ever since their owner bought the team- he's been as bad as Dolan in many ways

The Jeremy Lin injury was devastating for them. They built the team around Lin and Russell attacking game. Dinwiddie is trying but he just doesn't have the same driving skills that Lin has.

They are a team you can get behind. I have no hate for them. Kg and PP is gone. Williams is gone. No Billy King. I love their head coach. The team plays hard but they are young. Not many skill players. Just a ton of roll guys. Reminds me of the old teams that played on channel 9 back in the 90s. I can't lie, I be following them and generally want them to do well.... but not when they are playing the Knicks!

You know why I'm here....
NYKBocker
Posts: 35592
Alba Posts: 472
Joined: 1/14/2003
Member: #377
USA
11/1/2017  12:35 PM
EnySpree wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:So are the Nets still a thing?

As usual the media fawns over them, oblivious to the fact they are trash- I have never understood the media's love of the nets ever since their owner bought the team- he's been as bad as Dolan in many ways

The Jeremy Lin injury was devastating for them. They built the team around Lin and Russell attacking game. Dinwiddie is trying but he just doesn't have the same driving skills that Lin has.

They are a team you can get behind. I have no hate for them. Kg and PP is gone. Williams is gone. No Billy King. I love their head coach. The team plays hard but they are young. Not many skill players. Just a ton of roll guys. Reminds me of the old teams that played on channel 9 back in the 90s. I can't lie, I be following them and generally want them to do well.... but not when they are playing the Knicks!

Same here. They don't have a player I dislike. They have a lot ex-Knicks too.

Knickoftime
Posts: 23207
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2011
Member: #3370

11/1/2017  12:37 PM
EnySpree wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:So are the Nets still a thing?

As usual the media fawns over them, oblivious to the fact they are trash- I have never understood the media's love of the nets ever since their owner bought the team- he's been as bad as Dolan in many ways

The Jeremy Lin injury was devastating for them. They built the team around Lin and Russell attacking game. Dinwiddie is trying but he just doesn't have the same driving skills that Lin has.

They are a team you can get behind. I have no hate for them. Kg and PP is gone. Williams is gone. No Billy King. I love their head coach. The team plays hard but they are young. Not many skill players. Just a ton of roll guys. Reminds me of the old teams that played on channel 9 back in the 90s. I can't lie, I be following them and generally want them to do well.... but not when they are playing the Knicks!

It was just typical that a week back people were lauding the Nets and favorably comparing them to the Knicks after three games.

I don't know what either teams records will be after 20 games, but any comparisons until then we're ill-conceived.

BRIGGS
Posts: 50392
Alba Posts: 8
Joined: 7/30/2002
Member: #303
11/1/2017  3:06 PM
Wow you look around at some of the video from these new freshmen in school--this class is just loaded with good BIG players. K Knox from Kentucky looks like Grant Hill. Getting one of these enormous 3's with skills like that would just do wonders for the long term. Its a catch 22 if we win 38-43 games--good enough to make the playoffs but not bad enough to get a player to gets us to 58 wins.
Cartman718
Posts: 26397
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/12/2007
Member: #1694

11/1/2017  9:16 PM
think okafor goes to cleveland if he gets cut...that's where he'd have most value.
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
BRIGGS
Posts: 50392
Alba Posts: 8
Joined: 7/30/2002
Member: #303
11/2/2017  12:31 AM
I was watching the Cs--they are so good defensively. Brad Stevens is a darn good coach and they swarm all over the floor.
NYKBocker
Posts: 35592
Alba Posts: 472
Joined: 1/14/2003
Member: #377
USA
11/2/2017  10:38 AM
BRIGGS wrote:I was watching the Cs--they are so good defensively. Brad Stevens is a darn good coach and they swarm all over the floor.

I agree. He has JVG tendencies in his defensive philosophy.

reub
Posts: 21792
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2016
Member: #6227

11/2/2017  8:19 PM
Cartman718 wrote:think okafor goes to cleveland if he gets cut...that's where he'd have most value.

If he gets cut does he go on waivers first? Why wouldn't we pick him up before the Cavs can? I don't care how many bigs we have, we would have to make room for him. No?

Andrew
Posts: 26569
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #1
USA
11/3/2017  12:20 AM
reub wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:think okafor goes to cleveland if he gets cut...that's where he'd have most value.

If he gets cut does he go on waivers first? Why wouldn't we pick him up before the Cavs can? I don't care how many bigs we have, we would have to make room for him. No?

Gotta have the cap space to claim him....neither do.

PURE KNICKS LOVE
Chandler
Posts: 22581
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/26/2015
Member: #6197

11/3/2017  8:07 AM
NYKBocker wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I was watching the Cs--they are so good defensively. Brad Stevens is a darn good coach and they swarm all over the floor.

I agree. He has JVG tendencies in his defensive philosophy.

Curious to your thinking?

I always thought of JVG as bruising interior defense and don’t recall much else of an identity

Stevens uses tough defense first guards at the perimeter and interior has been suspect

DJMUSIC: Fisher talked a good game in Post game but aside from that Derek Fisher was ALL CHIT CHAT SH_t and produced nothing!
NYKBocker
Posts: 35592
Alba Posts: 472
Joined: 1/14/2003
Member: #377
USA
11/3/2017  11:50 AM
Chandler wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I was watching the Cs--they are so good defensively. Brad Stevens is a darn good coach and they swarm all over the floor.

I agree. He has JVG tendencies in his defensive philosophy.

Curious to your thinking?

I always thought of JVG as bruising interior defense and don’t recall much else of an identity

Stevens uses tough defense first guards at the perimeter and interior has been suspect

JVG was all about defense first and adjusted to his personnel much like Pat Riley. With us and the way the NBA was officiated, his bigs were bruisers that can really move laterally. Not a lot of flyers. Our perimeter defense was trained to force players to the sideline where they can get help. When JVG went to Houston, he was still a defensive coach but changed his philosophy to match his personnel. The Rockets defense was very similar to what Boston is doing now. They didn't have the bruising bigs but they had the tough perimeter defenders. Yeah, they also had Yao to clog the middle but he was not a bruiser.

One thing that Brad Stevens do that really remind me of JVG was that he does not want any free runs in the paint. Cutters were hand checked and all players are taught to help and recover. It's basketball defense 101 but not a lot of NBA teams do it nowadays.

Kemet
Posts: 20850
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 9/23/2015
Member: #6148

11/3/2017  10:58 PM
The Knicks beat the Suns tonight 120-107 .. Nice Win!

Westbrook vs Kyrie tonight .. Kyrie dont want no part of what Westbrook got in store for him tonite lol

Half-Time .. OKC 40 .. Boston 27
Kyrie shooting 1-9 for 3 pts at the half .. Kyrie talent is no match for Westbrook lol

Around the NBA 2017-18

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.