[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Around the NBA 2017-18
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 151
Member: #508
USA
10/26/2017  8:46 AM
Post Billy King and without picks the nets hired Sean Marks and adhered to a very tight plan. Google up on the hiring process because I think Pop would not allow him to interview until he was assured autonomy. Pop looks out for his tree!
While I doubt Nets make the playoffs they really tighted up the coaching and bought in players of talent that were a bit over priced for their teams. But not for the Nets. Given the circumstances they created in a previous era, its the best they could do.
Knicks bought in Perry in August? a bit late. Knicks went young. I’m not advocating at all we should have go the route of the nets because our circumstances were different. Nets still won’t have their pick this year. Even when they do, it will take time to develop a rookie.
Stars win chips. Plain and simple. Growing your own is preferred method.
Since there is no rivalry, there is not hate with the Nets.
Anger sells, don't buy!
AUTOADVERT
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

10/26/2017  1:11 PM
The have done a good job of beating the bushes, making trades and rebuilding their front office and coaching staff...but the hate is still there....FLUCK the NYETS!!!!
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 472
Member: #377
USA
10/26/2017  1:26 PM
Uptown wrote:The have done a good job of beating the bushes, making trades and rebuilding their front office and coaching staff...but the hate is still there....FLUCK the NYETS!!!!

Starts at the top. They have a very good GM and a very good coach. Yup..very hard for me to root for them as well.

Uptown

10/26/2017  1:47 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/26/2017  1:48 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
Uptown wrote:The have done a good job of beating the bushes, making trades and rebuilding their front office and coaching staff...but the hate is still there....FLUCK the NYETS!!!!

Starts at the top. They have a very good GM and a very good coach. Yup..very hard for me to root for them as well.

Hopefully Mills and Perry solidifies our front office similar to the way Checketts and Grunfeld did....I'm not a believer in Jeff; maybe he proves me wrong...I think we are moving in the right direction so long as we dont get impatient and make a move (Bledsoe anyone?) that will push us into the 33-win-no-mans-land where we end up with the 10th pick

NYKBocker
USA
10/26/2017  2:13 PM
Uptown wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

Hopefully Mills and Perry solidifies our front office similar to the way Checketts and Grunfeld did....I'm not a believer in Jeff; maybe he proves me wrong...I think we are moving in the right direction so long as we dont get impatient and make a move (Bledsoe anyone?) that will push us into the 33-win-no-mans-land where we end up with the 10th pick

I liked Jeff but his moves right now has me questioning him. Not giving playing time to the youngins is bad for me. Willy, Dotson and Kuz should be playing.

Uptown

10/26/2017  3:43 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/26/2017  3:44 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
Uptown wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

I liked Jeff but his moves right now has me questioning him. Not giving playing time to the youngins is bad for me. Willy, Dotson and Kuz should be playing.

Agreed...however, Jeff is coaching like a coach that needs Ws in order to keep his job. He is not coaching as if hes apart of the rebuild and knows he will be here regradless...maybe im reading it wrong but thats how he is coaching. Once the losses pile up and season officially gets away from us, then I think we will see more of Dotson and maybe Frank moves into the SL...

BigDaddyG
Member: #3049

10/26/2017  3:51 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
Uptown wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

I wouldn't put Kuz in the youth movement. He's already 28. I'd rather see him earn minutes. He looked confident in the Euro tournament. But he's useless if he can't defend any position on the court. We already have a player like that in Doug, who's younger and appears to be a better offensive player.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
reub
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6227

10/26/2017  5:13 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
Uptown wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

I wouldn't put Kuz in the youth movement. He's already 28. I'd rather see him earn minutes. He looked confident in the Euro tournament. But he's useless if he can't defend any position on the court. We already have a player like that in Doug, who's younger and appears to be a better offensive player.

Our lack of a good penetrating guard is hurting guys like McDermott, who can never get the ball for a wide open three. He's being wasted so far running around the court and almost never getting a shot.

BigDaddyG

10/26/2017  10:29 PM
DSjr with a rookie mistake to cost the Mavs the game against the Grizzlies.Conley gave his version of homeschooling to him tonight, but the rookie hung tough. It's amazing what Conley and Gasol have managed with this roster.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
wargames
Member: #6053

10/27/2017  10:01 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/27/2017  10:03 AM
Do you think the Bulls might trade Mirotec for Lee? Obviously a lot of Drama over there right now. Mirotec could be slotted in as a bench PF and actually wouldn't be that bad of a look besides KP if KP plays the 5. His contract is a million more than Lee but a year less as well. The only real issue is Lee is older.
Chandler
Member: #6197

10/27/2017  10:09 AM
wargames wrote:Do you think the Bulls might trade Mirotec for Lee? Obviously a lot of Drama over there right now. Mirotec could be slotted in as a bench PF and actually wouldn't be that bad of a look besides KP if KP plays the 5. His contract is a million more than Lee but a year less as well. The only real issue is Lee is older.

I would imagine if anyone is shipped it would be Portis. That seems to be the MO for situations like that

DJMUSIC: Fisher talked a good game in Post game but aside from that Derek Fisher was ALL CHIT CHAT SH_t and produced nothing!
NYKBocker
USA
10/27/2017  10:45 AM
wargames wrote:Do you think the Bulls might trade Mirotec for Lee? Obviously a lot of Drama over there right now. Mirotec could be slotted in as a bench PF and actually wouldn't be that bad of a look besides KP if KP plays the 5. His contract is a million more than Lee but a year less as well. The only real issue is Lee is older.

That trade would be a very good deal for us.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/27/2017  4:59 PM
I think we know what we're doing..... Phil Jackson
TripleThreat
Member: #3997

10/27/2017  6:42 PM
Chandler wrote:

I would imagine if anyone is shipped it would be Portis. That seems to be the MO for situations like that

Pragmatically, they'll have to move both. Neither is so critical that they are non expendable.

Mark Bartelstein is already working overtime to paint Mirotic as the bad guy. How are you going to try to sell the only guy with a fractured face as the bad guy here? Same agent who managed to f**k up the entire Gordon Hayward FA process.

Portis took 8 games from the Bulls, long enough for the league to finally decide how long they want to do him for at this point. It might get ugly for Portis. No one cares about Mirotic from a marketing perspective, what the league doesn't want is LBJ crab dribbling and charging into some third string wing and getting his jaw broken. Honestly surprised Derek Fisher lasted his entire career without someone kneecapping him. The last 4-5 years of his career, he basically went around clubbing people because he was too slow to stop them. Just decided boxing was the way to do it. Since he was running the players side of the NBAPA, he got away with it.

Since you came on this board you have been way off in regards to trade value. - Briggs 7/28/2015
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

10/27/2017  10:12 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

What about Mirotic for Okafor?

BigDaddyG

10/27/2017  10:17 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Chicago kid goes back home and the Sixers get more shooting. Win-win.
smackeddog
Member: #883
10/28/2017  4:04 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

The Bulls were going to trade for him last season weren't they? Maybe they'll do Portis for Okafor

CrushAlot
USA
10/28/2017  8:57 AM
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
10/28/2017  10:15 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

Wow

CrushAlot
USA
10/28/2017  10:19 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

"Delta flight 8935, operating from Minneapolis to Chicago-Midway as a charter flight for the Oklahoma City Thunder, likely encountered a bird while on descent into Chicago. The aircraft, a Boeing 757-200, landed safely without incident; customers have since deplaned and maintenance teams are evaluating. Safety is Delta’s top priority."
Around the NBA 2017-18

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.