[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Around the NBA 2017-18
Author Thread
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
10/25/2017  10:41 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Nets beat Clev without Russell and obviously Lin--they shouldve finished off Orlando and they be 4-1 their system basketball looks great.
Their coach is really good. I am jealous.
AUTOADVERT
Knickoftime
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3370

10/25/2017  10:52 PM
Amazing that people fall for the 1st week/month thing EVERY season.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/26/2017  12:40 AM
Wall and Beal treated Lonzo like Beecher on the pilot episode of Oz. The kids hanging tough tho.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/26/2017  1:03 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/26/2017  1:03 AM
Have PG envy watching this game, lol. Cant believe we havent seen Frank get through more than one game yet. I really hope this ends soon. We need good news.

You know a team is really loaded when they can get rid of Russell as a salary dump, and still be loaded with talent.

BigDaddyG

10/26/2017  1:10 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Have PG envy watching this game, lol. Cant believe we havent seen Frank get through more than one game yet. I really hope this ends soon. We need good news.

You know a team is really loaded when they can get rid of Russell as a salary dump, and still be loaded with talent.

Ball and Russell would be tough to watch on D. KCP, as inconsistent as he's been offensively, puts in the effort on D. Plus, Russell and the Lakers just needed to move on. The players will never let him live down the cell phone thing lol
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GustavBahler

10/26/2017  1:10 AM
Impressed that the Lakers are going at the Wiz this early in the season. Ingram looks to be doing a good job of taking the heat off of Ball. The whole team really. Damn Lakers!
GustavBahler

10/26/2017  1:12 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Have PG envy watching this game, lol. Cant believe we havent seen Frank get through more than one game yet. I really hope this ends soon. We need good news.

Ball and Russell would be tough to watch on D. KCP, as inconsistent as he's been offensively, puts in the effort on D. Plus, Russell and the Lakers just needed to move on. The players will never let him live down the cell phone thing lol

Russell's D wasnt half bad in LA, and it looked pretty good in preseason. Ball will get better when he's strong enough to better fight through picks.

GustavBahler

10/26/2017  1:18 AM
Lakers look like a sleeper playoff team right now. Cant wait to see LA/GS.
BigDaddyG

10/26/2017  1:19 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Russell's D wasnt half bad in LA, and it looked pretty good in preseason. Ball will get better when he's strong enough to better fight through picks.

They came back lol Lonzo gets the last laugh. Ingram is the player of the game. Luke is a solid coach.
GustavBahler

10/26/2017  1:21 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

They came back lol Lonzo gets the last laugh. Ingram is the player of the game. Luke is a solid coach.

Yup, Wiz were talking trash the whole game, especially Beal. You're right about Walton. Coach envy too, lol.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/26/2017  5:41 AM
Knickoftime wrote:Amazing that people fall for the 1st week/month thing EVERY season.
in regards to the nets, I don't think anyone is suggesting they are better than the cavs or that they are contenders. What is obvious is that they are well managed, well coached, are all on the same page, have continuity and stability. They are in every game and are worth watching.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

10/26/2017  7:40 AM

Westbrook getting healthy. Adams looked like a much stronger RoLo. Guy is a beast. George still seems out of place.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/26/2017  8:46 AM
Post Billy King and without picks the nets hired Sean Marks and adhered to a very tight plan. Google up on the hiring process because I think Pop would not allow him to interview until he was assured autonomy. Pop looks out for his tree!
While I doubt Nets make the playoffs they really tighted up the coaching and bought in players of talent that were a bit over priced for their teams. But not for the Nets. Given the circumstances they created in a previous era, its the best they could do.
Knicks bought in Perry in August? a bit late. Knicks went young. I’m not advocating at all we should have go the route of the nets because our circumstances were different. Nets still won’t have their pick this year. Even when they do, it will take time to develop a rookie.
Stars win chips. Plain and simple. Growing your own is preferred method.
Since there is no rivalry, there is not hate with the Nets.
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

10/26/2017  1:11 PM
The have done a good job of beating the bushes, making trades and rebuilding their front office and coaching staff...but the hate is still there....FLUCK the NYETS!!!!
NYKBocker
USA
10/26/2017  1:26 PM
Uptown wrote:The have done a good job of beating the bushes, making trades and rebuilding their front office and coaching staff...but the hate is still there....FLUCK the NYETS!!!!

Starts at the top. They have a very good GM and a very good coach. Yup..very hard for me to root for them as well.

Uptown

10/26/2017  1:47 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/26/2017  1:48 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
Uptown wrote:The have done a good job of beating the bushes, making trades and rebuilding their front office and coaching staff...but the hate is still there....FLUCK the NYETS!!!!

Starts at the top. They have a very good GM and a very good coach. Yup..very hard for me to root for them as well.

Hopefully Mills and Perry solidifies our front office similar to the way Checketts and Grunfeld did....I'm not a believer in Jeff; maybe he proves me wrong...I think we are moving in the right direction so long as we dont get impatient and make a move (Bledsoe anyone?) that will push us into the 33-win-no-mans-land where we end up with the 10th pick

NYKBocker
USA
10/26/2017  2:13 PM
Uptown wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

Hopefully Mills and Perry solidifies our front office similar to the way Checketts and Grunfeld did....I'm not a believer in Jeff; maybe he proves me wrong...I think we are moving in the right direction so long as we dont get impatient and make a move (Bledsoe anyone?) that will push us into the 33-win-no-mans-land where we end up with the 10th pick

I liked Jeff but his moves right now has me questioning him. Not giving playing time to the youngins is bad for me. Willy, Dotson and Kuz should be playing.

Uptown

10/26/2017  3:43 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/26/2017  3:44 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
Uptown wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

I liked Jeff but his moves right now has me questioning him. Not giving playing time to the youngins is bad for me. Willy, Dotson and Kuz should be playing.

Agreed...however, Jeff is coaching like a coach that needs Ws in order to keep his job. He is not coaching as if hes apart of the rebuild and knows he will be here regradless...maybe im reading it wrong but thats how he is coaching. Once the losses pile up and season officially gets away from us, then I think we will see more of Dotson and maybe Frank moves into the SL...

BigDaddyG

10/26/2017  3:51 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
Uptown wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

I wouldn't put Kuz in the youth movement. He's already 28. I'd rather see him earn minutes. He looked confident in the Euro tournament. But he's useless if he can't defend any position on the court. We already have a player like that in Doug, who's younger and appears to be a better offensive player.

reub
Member: #6227

10/26/2017  5:13 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
Uptown wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

I wouldn't put Kuz in the youth movement. He's already 28. I'd rather see him earn minutes. He looked confident in the Euro tournament. But he's useless if he can't defend any position on the court. We already have a player like that in Doug, who's younger and appears to be a better offensive player.

Our lack of a good penetrating guard is hurting guys like McDermott, who can never get the ball for a wide open three. He's being wasted so far running around the court and almost never getting a shot.

Around the NBA 2017-18

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy