[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Funny... nobody has anything bad to say about the Knicks
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/2/2017  3:18 PM
knicks1248 wrote:maybe some of you forgot, but we had no drama going into the 54 win season, none whatsoever

Jeremy Lin contract drama? Plus Dantoni was fired. Wasn't all rosey. Kidd and all the old guys made us seem like idiots to the media until the team started winning.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/2/2017  3:40 PM
EnySpree wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:maybe some of you forgot, but we had no drama going into the 54 win season, none whatsoever

Jeremy Lin contract drama? Plus Dantoni was fired. Wasn't all rosey. Kidd and all the old guys made us seem like idiots to the media until the team started winning.

the j lin drama was nipped in the bud before training camp, the only drama was they were laughing at us because we were a bit old..

ES
Swishfm3
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #392
10/2/2017  5:33 PM
anrst wrote:
fishmike wrote:this is a dream. Nothing stupid to write about. Just basketball and hungry young skilled players fighting for minutes and roles.

seriously is ... i haven't been this excited for a season since... like maybe 2000

Excited? really?

I, for one, am hopeful it turns out okay. A lot of things need to fall into place but the East is so weak, that I wouldn't be surprised if the Knicks managed to sneak into the playoffs this season.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/2/2017  5:46 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

the j lin drama was nipped in the bud before training camp, the only drama was they were laughing at us because we were a bit old..

So there was drama going into the season then right?

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/2/2017  7:38 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:
anrst wrote:
fishmike wrote:this is a dream. Nothing stupid to write about. Just basketball and hungry young skilled players fighting for minutes and roles.

seriously is ... i haven't been this excited for a season since... like maybe 2000

Excited? really?

I, for one, am hopeful it turns out okay. A lot of things need to fall into place but the East is so weak, that I wouldn't be surprised if the Knicks managed to sneak into the playoffs this season.

You seem pretty jaded if you can't find excitement over this team having a core of 25 and younger Talented players for a change. We have some of the top young players on this team. There's no Off court drama so far. Bruh this is great IMO. We can finally enjoy a season of growth for the players on this team.

Kemet
Member: #6148

10/2/2017  9:11 PM
EnySpree wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

For those who know HOF PG Jason Kidd career .. know the Knicks got lucky ..
When HOF PG Jason Kidd (strong Leadership) signed a 2 yr contract in mid July .. automatic winning-season, plus winning postseason series having Kidd's leadership lead Melo/Amare/Lin .. it didn't matter if Dolan subtracted Lin and Amare in August/Sept from the 2012-13 season .. HOF Jason Kidd was still going to have a 50 win season and playoffs series win .. Because Jason Kidd has a long career of always bringing-out the Best performance in all his teammates.

Kemet
Member: #6148

10/2/2017  9:17 PM
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:The lack of drama is a breath of fresh air! The one thing we needed was to be able to focus on basketball and not drama. This is what things are supposed to be like. The TEAM is the story.

I like the talent and mental makeup of the team. The one oddball is Beasley but I guess every team needs at least one LOL. I've been pretty pleased and hopefully this team will perform above expectations as the youth take a step up!

agreed. Look i try to be rational i know we probably arent making the playoffs and thats ok. This year is about developing the young core and then continuing to add pieces via draft/trade/free agency. The circus seems to be over so now we can focus solely on basketball

That is my intent posing this thread... we are truly in a full blown rebuild of the organization. We haven't been here as a franchise and fan base since Ewing was drafted. Awesome man

agreed. I felt similar in 2010. Even though we signed stat we still had a pretty young group and future draft picks then Dolan did his usual crap and screwed up everything. Now we seem to be doing it the right way. Exciting to be a knick fan

I think this is like a do over of that group of young players just before the Melo Deal. It feels good. There's no pressure to make DUMBASS moves. Just let this develop naturally and think through any moves down the line.

So True !!!

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/2/2017  9:22 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:The lack of drama is a breath of fresh air! The one thing we needed was to be able to focus on basketball and not drama. This is what things are supposed to be like. The TEAM is the story.

I like the talent and mental makeup of the team. The one oddball is Beasley but I guess every team needs at least one LOL. I've been pretty pleased and hopefully this team will perform above expectations as the youth take a step up!

agreed. Look i try to be rational i know we probably arent making the playoffs and thats ok. This year is about developing the young core and then continuing to add pieces via draft/trade/free agency. The circus seems to be over so now we can focus solely on basketball

The drama is over because the drama queen has been dumped on the OKC thunder. They can watch the three ring circus while we focus on basketball for s change.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/2/2017  9:26 PM
Kemet wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

For those who know HOF PG Jason Kidd career .. know the Knicks got lucky ..
When HOF PG Jason Kidd (strong Leadership) signed a 2 yr contract in mid July .. automatic winning-season, plus winning postseason series having Kidd's leadership lead Melo/Amare/Lin .. it didn't matter if Dolan subtracted Lin and Amare in August/Sept from the 2012-13 season .. HOF Jason Kidd was still going to have a 50 win season and playoffs series win .. Because Jason Kidd has a long career of always bringing-out the Best performance in all his teammates.

Too bad Kidd couldn't keep it going in the spring that year. A buddy of mine is a life long friend of Jason Kidd's. He said Kidd told him he had to stretch every morning for an hour just so he could walk normally that year. He also told him he loved playing with Melo.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
10/3/2017  9:38 AM
No hate at all... and no negative press..
http://nypost.com/2017/10/03/the-knicks-hate-is-all-over-the-city/
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

10/3/2017  9:41 AM
arkrud wrote:No hate at all... and no negative press..

lol - I was literally about to post this here too

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
anrst
Member: #1054
USA
10/3/2017  9:54 AM
i was totally confused by that subway wrap ... there's stuff praising porzingis, bashing phil and dolan... seems to lack a coherent message.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/3/2017  10:03 AM
I find this douchey and trollish considering the offseason and direction of the team.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

10/3/2017  10:22 AM
fishmike wrote:
I find this douchey and trollish considering the offseason and direction of the team.

it's almost as if Skip Bayless wrote the copy himself

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/3/2017  10:29 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:
fishmike wrote:

it's almost as if Skip Bayless wrote the copy himself

I mean until the Knicks start winning there is no reason for the rest of the world (non-Knick fans) to pay attention, and thats fine. However there is no cause for that level of hate. Bottom line though is perception changes over time. When the Knicks young core is regarded as up and coming and in the playoffs that stuff will stop.

I mean I dont mind trolling Dolan a bit... his track record stands for itself, as does his undying loyalty to total scumbag cretins like Isiah.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Finestrg
Member: #1069

10/3/2017  10:31 AM
I really think this is an intriguing group. Every year since I was a little kid, I get overly excited at this time for the start of the season. Not anymore -- I've learned to curb the enthusiasm, learned to have a guarded/realistic view of the season nowadays....but....I honestly think this has a chance to be a solid, entertaining group, dare I say a playoff team.

I really think this team got better. Maybe A LOT better...Look at exactly what we lost and who we replaced him with. Don't wanna diminish Melo in any way but take a good look at exactly what we lost and what we replaced him with: Melo, at this point, is a declining scorer that never really played any D, stalled the offensive holding the ball too much and never really made anyone else better. That's a fact and I'm still a fan of his, never a hater. But look at all the scoring we replaced him with -- THJ's a better player now than when we first had him; McBuckets is a GOOD offensive player (hopefully he can play enough D); Beasley's talented, can really score and isn't short on confidence; Enes Kanter is a VERY GOOD offensive big man (excellent rebounder too -- this dude's EASILY a 20/10 big with enough PT and touches. I've liked him a lot for a long time now). Point here is I think we have even more scoring now than with Melo (definitely more scoring balance anyway. MUCH MORE). I think that's a plus. And it's a bunch of guys that are all young, 25-ish, who, besides THJ, are all short-term contract guys that we can sit back and evaluate. If they don't work out for whatever reason, we can turn the page quickly coming up. And THJ, despite overpaying, is a nice polished piece to have moving forward. Then there's Frankie who's very intriguing -- man, I hope he plays tonight, even if he doesn't start and plays only 10 mins. Wanna see him BADLY, I know we all do. Gotta see what he can do at this level. But he's a plus moving forward--a young versatile guard that looks wise beyond his years both in ability & IQ--dude looks ready to compete. Then there's all the role players that complement the scorers -- steady vet PGs in Sessions/Jack, LT's limited as a player but he plays hard/plays D. Same for Ron Baker.. Two very good glue guys right there. Noah and Courtney Lee, if their PT doesn't get severely reduced which I could see, are two more glue guys. KP's shot-blocking complements Kanter/Hernangomez very well on D...Kuz and O'Quinn supply more quality depth. And let's not forget Dotson who can shoot--a great 2nd round pickup. Out of all the non-guarantee guys, I actually like Jamel Artis -- prob. doesn't make the team (don't even know if there's any room) but that dude has a nice feel and can play...Horn's also a real good coach for this group -- he's suddenly got a lot of offensive options to work with. Point is -- yeah, there's holes and this team isn't challenging for a championship, but there's no denying it all seems to fit quite well on paper.

Look I know the chances are a lot greater that this turns out to be a 30-win season (and if so, fine. I'll take another lottery pick plus a high 2 with that CHI pick) but I honestly think there's potential here for 45 wins and a playoff berth if it all goes right. Wouldn't surprise me at all. Remember you heard it here with me first.

Go Knicks!

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

10/3/2017  11:26 AM
Rebuilding=Meaningless=insignificant in the media world.

Think real fans know its a 3-5 years before we should expect anything. Non-fans have nothing to talk/criticize about.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
knicks1248
Member: #582
10/3/2017  12:22 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/3/2017  12:24 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:Rebuilding=Meaningless=insignificant in the media world.

Think real fans know its a 3-5 years before we should expect anything. Non-fans have nothing to talk/criticize about.

But it's like one of those (heard it all before) kind of cases.

Everyone comes in here with a plan that looks and sounds great. It's going to take Isaiah 2 to 3 yrs, its going to take walsh 2 to 3 yrs, it's going to take phil 2 to 3 yrs, and now it's going to take mills 2 to 3 yrs.

whats the difference in dolan not being involved in the day to day, or hiring incompetent people (then hits the road with his band) and they run the franchise into the joke of the league, The results have been bad either way.

People are going to get over THJ, and Noahs contract when the produce wins, when the see real progress, not talk.

ES
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

10/3/2017  12:27 PM
We have the element of surprise
No one knows how we will play
Who is the star
We have lots of depth and young players

The team may surprise in that they are more competitive than people thought having written them off as garbage.

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

10/3/2017  12:53 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:Rebuilding=Meaningless=insignificant in the media world.

But it's like one of those (heard it all before) kind of cases.

Everyone comes in here with a plan that looks and sounds great. It's going to take Isaiah 2 to 3 yrs, its going to take walsh 2 to 3 yrs, it's going to take phil 2 to 3 yrs, and now it's going to take mills 2 to 3 yrs.

whats the difference in dolan not being involved in the day to day, or hiring incompetent people (then hits the road with his band) and they run the franchise into the joke of the league, The results have been bad either way.

People are going to get over THJ, and Noahs contract when the produce wins, when the see real progress, not talk.

Yep. Agree we are back to the drawing board and that it is yet to be seen if we dont F things up again.

But it is what it is. No choice but to see what happens and hope.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Funny... nobody has anything bad to say about the Knicks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy