[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Funny... nobody has anything bad to say about the Knicks
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/1/2017  9:18 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/1/2017  9:31 AM
People don't know who we have on the team. They don't know the gm or the president. They don't know anybody but Kristaps and the French kid.

What they try to do is talk up Dolan. Meanwhile I haven't seen Dolan since the Oakley incident. Before that it was the day we hired Phil.

They keep trying to clown us for not drafting Dennis Smith Jr or Monk. Dsj had an ok showing in summer league. I haven't heard anything from Monk since he got drafted. Meanwhile everyone that's played with or against Frank this summer all say the kid can ball. He's got super endorsements from Sessions and Jack.

Melo trade... you got people trying to say what we gonna do without Melo. What was our record the last few seasons. They can blame Phil and the triangle, but neither are there anymore. They can talk bad about Kanter until you tell people he averaged 14/7 in 19 minutes... He's averaging 24/11 in 36 minutes...

Oh what about Noah and the money they gave him. What about it? It sucks, but every team has at least one bad contract. If he's healthy he could still contribute. Hardaways contract? Line up his peers and compare salary. Also keep in mind he averaged 14pts for a playoff bound Atlanta team. He averaged 18pts per after January. He's not a bum. Wade said himself that he's a whole different player now after working out with him in the summer.

Am I missing anything?

Oh I see the media is trying to bait Noah with the protest thing knowing he's now the most socially active person on the team. Chill....

Q:"What you think they making the playoffs?"

A:"Maybe"

Q"Knicks gonna be a lottery team again you know that right?"

A:"probably"

Nobody can say anything... we make the playoffs, great! We get a lotto pick? Great!

Bye

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
KP4Life
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6117
USA
10/1/2017  9:29 AM
It's sad but true. I can already see the media salivating if Frank ends up being a busy. It's only a matter of time before they turn on kp since he's the leader now. What I'm interested in is if they trash the Knicks for losing this year when it's obvious we are tanking.
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
10/1/2017  10:14 AM
Good thing the players aren't as thin skinned...lol. The team is rebuilding, nobody is gonna kill them for that. Should have happened several years ago.
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
10/1/2017  10:14 AM
Good thing the players aren't as thin skinned...lol. The team is rebuilding, nobody is gonna kill them for that. Should have happened several years ago.
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

10/1/2017  10:23 AM
EnySpree wrote:Am I missing anything?

One of the most difficult things for the average sports fan to do when they "love" a team/franchise is to be rational about their team and to be objective about their team.

The other issue is that, and this is bemoaned in the modern workplace pretty much everywhere in America, is the general lack of logic/critical thinking skills associated with proactively finding solutions to problems and managing expectations.

It's easy to cherry pick one thing i.e. Hardaway Jr is getting paid at X scale relative to his "peers" It's another to say his previous stint in NY was pretty horrible, he's been a deficient player for longer than a competent one, he only had a moderate half season good stretch in a career year with a team basically gutted in Atlanta.

It's easy to say FrankN is getting lots of praise. It's another to point out he's still a teenager and rookies tend to struggle in their first year and he's still a crap shoot.

It's easy to say the Knicks did X this offseason. It's another to say no team in the NBA is static in place while the Knicks are trying to improve. Lots of teams got better as well. You can't just build against the version of yourself in the past, you have to build with actual competition in mind, they aren't standing still waiting for you to catch up.

This is where the term "homer" comes from, and is used. A sports fan who is irrational about his home team to the point where objective reality doesn't matter anymore.

I LOVE the Knicks. I want them to win. I however cannot just brush away the parts about the Knicks that are not going to help them this season and in the future.

In general, it comes down to this - Teams who make the best market based decision, against current trends and given the changes in the cap and structure and rules of the league, will tend to succeed more than not. Succeed meaning an opportunity to win, not a guarantee. Teams who do this are dispassionate about resource management, but are passionate about loving the game itself. There is a HUGE difference. Homers are usually never dispassionate about resource management. If they don't like how they "feel" ( a classical woman trait no less) then everyone else is wrong.

From a resource management perspective, the "game" doesn't care how anyone feels. The market place doesn't care how anyone feels.

People accused Daryl Morey of starting a trend to dehumanize people and players as "assets and pieces" when that's exactly what they are from a market based perspective.

There are lots of NBA analysts who are dispassionate about the market place, but lots of homers don't want to listen to them. Knicks season long projections went up not long ago, and these have been relatively accurate, to a plus/minus level close to reality, for a long time. And yet some people here will still try to deny them.

You are "missing" a lot. Like Briggs, nixluva, knicks1248 and some others, you are missing out on understanding why NBA front offices will tend, the functional ones, to make the decisions that they do against the marketplace. The resource management side to this game, to all of sports, is actually pretty fascinating. And yet many willfully don't give a ****. Some are simply incapable. You are probably more of the latter, but a good dose of the former. I appreciate you love the Knicks. But generally watching your cognitive dissonance over time actually makes me feel a bit sorry for you.

EnySpree

10/1/2017  10:33 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
EnySpree wrote:Am I missing anything?

One of the most difficult things for the average sports fan to do when they "love" a team/franchise is to be rational about their team and to be objective about their team.

The other issue is that, and this is bemoaned in the modern workplace pretty much everywhere in America, is the general lack of logic/critical thinking skills associated with proactively finding solutions to problems and managing expectations.

It's easy to cherry pick one thing i.e. Hardaway Jr is getting paid at X scale relative to his "peers" It's another to say his previous stint in NY was pretty horrible, he's been a deficient player for longer than a competent one, he only had a moderate half season good stretch in a career year with a team basically gutted in Atlanta.

It's easy to say FrankN is getting lots of praise. It's another to point out he's still a teenager and rookies tend to struggle in their first year and he's still a crap shoot.

It's easy to say the Knicks did X this offseason. It's another to say no team in the NBA is static in place while the Knicks are trying to improve. Lots of teams got better as well. You can't just build against the version of yourself in the past, you have to build with actual competition in mind, they aren't standing still waiting for you to catch up.

This is where the term "homer" comes from, and is used. A sports fan who is irrational about his home team to the point where objective reality doesn't matter anymore.

I LOVE the Knicks. I want them to win. I however cannot just brush away the parts about the Knicks that are not going to help them this season and in the future.

In general, it comes down to this - Teams who make the best market based decision, against current trends and given the changes in the cap and structure and rules of the league, will tend to succeed more than not. Succeed meaning an opportunity to win, not a guarantee. Teams who do this are dispassionate about resource management, but are passionate about loving the game itself. There is a HUGE difference. Homers are usually never dispassionate about resource management. If they don't like how they "feel" ( a classical woman trait no less) then everyone else is wrong.

From a resource management perspective, the "game" doesn't care how anyone feels. The market place doesn't care how anyone feels.

People accused Daryl Morey of starting a trend to dehumanize people and players as "assets and pieces" when that's exactly what they are from a market based perspective.

There are lots of NBA analysts who are dispassionate about the market place, but lots of homers don't want to listen to them. Knicks season long projections went up not long ago, and these have been relatively accurate, to a plus/minus level close to reality, for a long time. And yet some people here will still try to deny them.

You are "missing" a lot. Like Briggs, nixluva, knicks1248 and some others, you are missing out on understanding why NBA front offices will tend, the functional ones, to make the decisions that they do against the marketplace. The resource management side to this game, to all of sports, is actually pretty fascinating. And yet many willfully don't give a ****. Some are simply incapable. You are probably more of the latter, but a good dose of the former. I appreciate you love the Knicks. But generally watching your cognitive dissonance over time actually makes me feel a bit sorry for you.

After all that, I understand you have zero reading comprehension skills... you also have A.D.D.... and probable smell like cheese

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/1/2017  12:46 PM
The lack of drama is a breath of fresh air! The one thing we needed was to be able to focus on basketball and not drama. This is what things are supposed to be like. The TEAM is the story.

I like the talent and mental makeup of the team. The one oddball is Beasley but I guess every team needs at least one LOL. I've been pretty pleased and hopefully this team will perform above expectations as the youth take a step up!

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/1/2017  12:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/1/2017  12:50 PM
nixluva wrote:The lack of drama is a breath of fresh air! The one thing we needed was to be able to focus on basketball and not drama. This is what things are supposed to be like. The TEAM is the story.

I like the talent and mental makeup of the team. The one oddball is Beasley but I guess every team needs at least one LOL. I've been pretty pleased and hopefully this team will perform above expectations as the youth take a step up!

agreed. Look i try to be rational i know we probably arent making the playoffs and thats ok. This year is about developing the young core and then continuing to add pieces via draft/trade/free agency. The circus seems to be over so now we can focus solely on basketball
EnySpree

10/1/2017  2:02 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:The lack of drama is a breath of fresh air! The one thing we needed was to be able to focus on basketball and not drama. This is what things are supposed to be like. The TEAM is the story.

agreed. Look i try to be rational i know we probably arent making the playoffs and thats ok. This year is about developing the young core and then continuing to add pieces via draft/trade/free agency. The circus seems to be over so now we can focus solely on basketball

That is my intent posing this thread... we are truly in a full blown rebuild of the organization. We haven't been here as a franchise and fan base since Ewing was drafted. Awesome man

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/1/2017  2:13 PM
EnySpree wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

That is my intent posing this thread... we are truly in a full blown rebuild of the organization. We haven't been here as a franchise and fan base since Ewing was drafted. Awesome man

agreed. I felt similar in 2010. Even though we signed stat we still had a pretty young group and future draft picks then Dolan did his usual crap and screwed up everything. Now we seem to be doing it the right way. Exciting to be a knick fan
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/1/2017  5:18 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

agreed. I felt similar in 2010. Even though we signed stat we still had a pretty young group and future draft picks then Dolan did his usual crap and screwed up everything. Now we seem to be doing it the right way. Exciting to be a knick fan

I think this is like a do over of that group of young players just before the Melo Deal. It feels good. There's no pressure to make DUMBASS moves. Just let this develop naturally and think through any moves down the line.

Swishfm3
Member: #392
10/2/2017  10:50 AM
Nobody is saying anything about the Knicks because they are no longer interesting to the NBA world.

All the "click bait" personnel are gone.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/2/2017  11:02 AM
Swishfm3 wrote:Nobody is saying anything about the Knicks because they are no longer interesting to the NBA world.

+1

Will be nice if the Knicks are playing well enough this season to become click bait.

anrst
Member: #1054
USA
10/2/2017  11:06 AM
it would be so bad if Melo was still here
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/2/2017  12:04 PM
this is a dream. Nothing stupid to write about. Just basketball and hungry young skilled players fighting for minutes and roles.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

10/2/2017  12:05 PM
I think a lot of it is management being available, them also not lying about where we are, us not trading for or signing veterans that would block the players we should be developing, and lastly we are very clearly trying to develop young players and build for the future. We're not going to win a chmapionship and we are doing what we should be doing, without Handlebars anointing us as superteam and people aren't talking about Melo every. single. day.
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
anrst
USA
10/2/2017  12:07 PM
fishmike wrote:this is a dream. Nothing stupid to write about. Just basketball and hungry young skilled players fighting for minutes and roles.

seriously is ... i haven't been this excited for a season since... like maybe 2000

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/2/2017  2:17 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:Nobody is saying anything about the Knicks because they are no longer interesting to the NBA world.

Yeah, but we still have Jimmy...maybe he can keep together for a season, but you just know something is going to happen.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
knicks1248
Member: #582
10/2/2017  2:27 PM
maybe some of you forgot, but we had no drama going into the 54 win season, none whatsoever
ES
anrst
USA
10/2/2017  2:33 PM
knicks1248 wrote:maybe some of you forgot, but we had no drama going into the 54 win season, none whatsoever

not like this though

Funny... nobody has anything bad to say about the Knicks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy