[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Man up on the 'Melo trade

Author Poll
stanleybostitch
Member: #1071

How does the trade look by the end of the NBA season?
Same old Knicks - only team that gets pennies on the dollar.
Meh - could've been worse, at least we can flip Kanter for picks.
Win-lose - at least we get a top 2 pick this year! Doncic!
A push - OKC could win it all, but the Knicks are back in as a 7 seed!
Wow - Kanter blossoms, KP blossoms, Nitty rocks, the Knicks win 50!
View Results

Author Thread
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
9/24/2017  9:55 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Clean wrote:My main problem with the trade is that now we might have the worst defensive team in the NBA. Willy and KP struggle vs fast bigs. Kanter and Doug are some of the worse defenders in the NBA. Timmy might revert to being bad defensively when surrounded by all the other bad defenders.

OR the presence of Nitty, Baker, THJ, LT helps just enough to play at least average defense. We have some weak defenders but they're also young and could still improve. That's what Jeff and his staff have to achieve.

Really dude, your funny, JH and Rambis are going to teach the worst defenders in the league how to defend. When did they come (even remotely) close to showing you they have the ability to do that.

You know damn well that sht aint happening, a bad defensive coaching staff needs a ton of defensive minded players, and bad defensive players need to be around strong defenders, either way we have neither, which means we better have a top 5 offensive because were easily are giving up 115 per night

Defense is defense. It's not rocket science. You're a fool if you think Jeff and Rambis don't know about defensive basketball. Of course they know how to teach defense. The young Knicks actually played hard on D and got better but it's a process to make weak defenders into good defenders!

You're assuming our coaches are bad at teaching D rather than having some players that refused to learn or give max effort. The defense was better when the Younger players were given a chance to play and learn. They executed better and gave greater effort. It's not just about the coaches. I'm expecting the effort level to be much higher this season.

AUTOADVERT
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
9/25/2017  5:16 AM
newyorker4ever wrote:
Paris907 wrote:While the consensus seems to be that Kantor will travel I’m not so sure.
Nitty as the 8th pick needs to be a starter by year end in my opinion. He may not be Dennis SMITH but he needs to be a lock down defender, a 16-18 ppg scorer and someone that can penetrate and dish. This is NY. In a year we will know if he’s real and we don’t have picks to waste. Am I excited? H yes!!! But i want it all. I want our team to
Have complementary players but in the NBA it’s stars that matter. The guys that wanna take the game over in the 4th.
KP? Sure. Yet once we’ve a defensive alignment, we will need another young bona fide stud like a Doncic or Porter or like Tatum. And once we’ve that then add another stud with the $30 million we’ve left over once Lee, and Noah are gone.

Well i can already see you'll be one of the ones complaining much earlier then you need to cause you're already expecting these guys to give much more then they will way too early. You have unrealistic expectations with Nitty cause he'll most likely need more then a year to be a 16-18 point scorer. He could surprise and grow quicker then expected but i don't think he'll get enough playing time for that cause i think we'll be depending on J.Jack and R.Sessions to play most minutes at PG.

Nowhere do I state that Nitty will be a 16-18ppg this year. Fact is if you’re reading, Mills and Perry said he probably won’t start. I’m saying however that within a year we will know what we have and what we don’t have. He’s a glue guy in my opinion and hopefully the guy who ends up guarding various positions and even 3s defensively as his body fills out and he strengthens physically. I view the pick as key as if Wily grows into one of the better centers and KP is perennial all star, we will need Frank to be a stopper, the guy star guards like Hardin, Westbrook and others know that they’ll have to work to get theirs.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
9/25/2017  4:26 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:Wow - way to go on a misogynistic rant to justify your POV on Melo and the Knicks. I don't care about Melo or how he feels, he is a subhuman ectoparasite, but the"objectification" of women in your post and the disrespect you show them was so absolute that it's hard to read
You need to clean that **** up.

Yeah, way to tell someone to clean their **** up while you call someone a subhuman ectoparasite.

Look in the mirror genius and realize you have to clean up your own **** up by changing your petty little login name to something else.

jrodmc
USA
9/25/2017  4:28 PM
Hey, we got two non-defenders for one non-defender. Of course our non-defender was "a great player who was going to start" according to our own coach. Anyway, I'm sure Chi's 2nd rounder will turn into an awesome pick.

Hey, you should have had "At least this wasn't as bad as the Barg's trade" as a choice.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
9/25/2017  4:29 PM
jrodmc wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:Wow - way to go on a misogynistic rant to justify your POV on Melo and the Knicks. I don't care about Melo or how he feels, he is a subhuman ectoparasite, but the"objectification" of women in your post and the disrespect you show them was so absolute that it's hard to read

Yeah, way to tell someone to clean their **** up while you call someone a subhuman ectoparasite.

Look in the mirror genius and realize you have to clean up your own **** up by changing your petty little login name to something else.

He could go back to his old one.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
jrodmc
USA
9/25/2017  4:31 PM
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Clean wrote:My main problem with the trade is that now we might have the worst defensive team in the NBA. Willy and KP struggle vs fast bigs. Kanter and Doug are some of the worse defenders in the NBA. Timmy might revert to being bad defensively when surrounded by all the other bad defenders.

OR the presence of Nitty, Baker, THJ, LT helps just enough to play at least average defense. We have some weak defenders but they're also young and could still improve. That's what Jeff and his staff have to achieve.

Really dude, your funny, JH and Rambis are going to teach the worst defenders in the league how to defend. When did they come (even remotely) close to showing you they have the ability to do that.

You know damn well that sht aint happening, a bad defensive coaching staff needs a ton of defensive minded players, and bad defensive players need to be around strong defenders, either way we have neither, which means we better have a top 5 offensive because were easily are giving up 115 per night

Defense is defense. It's not rocket science. You're a fool if you think Jeff and Rambis don't know about defensive basketball. Of course they know how to teach defense. The young Knicks actually played hard on D and got better but it's a process to make weak defenders into good defenders!

You're assuming our coaches are bad at teaching D rather than having some players that refused to learn or give max effort. The defense was better when the Younger players were given a chance to play and learn. They executed better and gave greater effort. It's not just about the coaches. I'm expecting the effort level to be much higher this season.

Sure. Just show us how the younger players' +/- in any way shape or form hold up your grand statement about their execution and effort. Our younger players couldn't win sheehit. Plain and simple.

Get past the shiny new thing syndrome.

Kemet
Member: #6148

9/25/2017  4:45 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/25/2017  4:46 PM
The Ball-Hogging shoot-first franchise star player Melo is gone!
Melo FLAWS are:
NO chemistry with teammates!
Clueless of defensive-switches!
NO running back on defense!
NO participation in uptempo-fastbreak for teammate to score!
Ball-Hogging every shot in the 4th quarter!
NO Leadership skills, but always want to call the shots on offense!
There's more .....
jrodmc
USA
9/25/2017  4:54 PM
Kemet wrote:The Ball-Hogging shoot-first franchise star player Melo is gone!
Melo FLAWS are:
There's more .....

yeah like
Only HOF caliber scorer!
Led the team in assists!
Only statistically clutch shooter!
Only non-chemistry player to organize off season workouts!
Only non-chemistry player identified by our unicorn as the one he needed to play with!
Only non-leader that actually went to the playoffs!
Only non-leader to provide wins! (That's 2 whole games won without Melo on floor)

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

9/25/2017  5:19 PM

Bahahaha. Eraser boy is back. You know what's pathetic, (besides not telling everyone your a Net fan) going to the OKC site and joining for the sole reason of continuing your trolling. Is there no end to how pathetic your life is?

Good job.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Kemet
Member: #6148

9/25/2017  6:06 PM
jrodmc wrote:
Melo FLAWS are:
There's more .....

yeah like
Only HOF caliber scorer!
Led the team in assists!
Only non-chemistry player identified by our unicorn as the one he needed to play with!
Only non-leader to provide wins! (That's 2 whole games won without Melo on floor)

If u believe what u wrote u really r clueless of Melo's career ....
Every successful season Melo had in the NBA, Melo had postseason experience teammates in the rotation.
All of Melo's 50 win seasons had teammates in the rotation that been to the FINALS .. Iverson/Camby/K.Mart/Billups/Kidd.
Melo's best performance could never compare to 50% of Westbrook regular performance ..
Westbrook put the OKC roster on his back last season to win 47 games .. Melo had a better roster having Amare/Chandler/Lin or Felton and could only win 36 or 37 wins.

jrodmc
USA
9/26/2017  1:57 PM
Kemet wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Melo FLAWS are:
There's more .....

yeah like
Only HOF caliber scorer!
Led the team in assists!

If u believe what u wrote u really r clueless of Melo's career ....

I believe what I wrote because those are what you call facts. If you'll notice, you don't bother to dispense with any of them, do you?

Kemet wrote:Every successful season Melo had in the NBA, Melo had postseason experience teammates in the rotation.

So Melo can only be successful with successful teammates. Great catch. Stupid Melo, why you playing with people who been in playoffs before?

Kemet wrote:All of Melo's 50 win seasons had teammates in the rotation that been to the FINALS .. Iverson/Camby/K.Mart/Billups/Kidd.

See above. Redundancy can sometimes be viewed as an asset as a personality trait.

Kemet wrote:Melo's best performance could never compare to 50% of Westbrook regular performance ..
Westbrook put the OKC roster on his back last season to win 47 games .. Melo had a better roster having Amare/Chandler/Lin or Felton and could only win 36 or 37 wins.

Felton. You just typed the name 'Felton' in the context of being part of a better roster. Think please. Maybe you'd like to mention 'Douglas' next? Melo also played with Chris Smith. JR's brother, not the Congressman from New Jersey.

Lin <-- how many actual games was this again? Refresh me.

Melo went to the playoffs with FluTyson aka Mrs. Hibbert and JR Fricking Smith.

Please, stop typing and go read a book.

Man up on the 'Melo trade

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy