[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Man up on the 'Melo trade

Author Poll
stanleybostitch
Member: #1071

How does the trade look by the end of the NBA season?
Same old Knicks - only team that gets pennies on the dollar.
Meh - could've been worse, at least we can flip Kanter for picks.
Win-lose - at least we get a top 2 pick this year! Doncic!
A push - OKC could win it all, but the Knicks are back in as a 7 seed!
Wow - Kanter blossoms, KP blossoms, Nitty rocks, the Knicks win 50!
View Results

Author Thread
stanleybostitch
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1071

9/24/2017  1:42 PM
You take the star player out of the mix, and there is now room for everyone to blossom. This is the most excited I've been as a Knicks fan since the Sprewell playoff run.
The new new core: Randle, RJ, IQ. Maybe Mitch. Future pick. Future trade. Future FA.
AUTOADVERT
PhilinLA
Member: #696
9/24/2017  1:59 PM
They had to get rid of him. Let's see what happens.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
9/24/2017  2:07 PM
We've got a nice group of young studs that need touches in order to reach their full potential. This is about the best situation we've been in the last 17 years. I welcome this process of development with all the stumbles along the way. This is how we need to proceed.

I suspect that there will be more trades given the glut we have at Center. Some of the Vets could be moved for picks I hope.

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

9/24/2017  2:35 PM
The team got two 25 year olds on good contracts in their last year of the deal. So they are on contrcat years, meaning they will play their best ball knowing that they are going to earn a new contract.

We got a second round pick.

We unloaded capspace.

We opened up shots for Kristaps, Tim and got the team over the Melo drama.

I don't know what else could have been done.
CP3 has much more value than Melo and look at his trade return.
Paul George has more value than Melo and look at his trade return.

This was never going to be a great trade return with great players coming back.
I think we got a great bench player or a good starter.
We got a 3 point shooter off the bench.
We got a draft pick.

It's a Grade B trade for me.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

9/24/2017  2:47 PM
Its the first time im excited as a knick fan in quite a while. We have youth with talent/upside and all our picks.....that hasnt happened much in the past 20 years
OjilEye
Member: #3017
USA
9/24/2017  2:54 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:Its the first time im excited as a knick fan in quite a while. We have youth with talent/upside and all our picks.....that hasnt happened much in the past 20 years

Amen.

StarksEwing1

9/24/2017  3:01 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/24/2017  3:02 PM
OjilEye wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:Its the first time im excited as a knick fan in quite a while. We have youth with talent/upside and all our picks.....that hasnt happened much in the past 20 years

Amen.

should be fun. We dont have to tank but we dont have to be forced to make the playoffs by trading picks or adding bloating contracts anymore. If we make the playoffs thats terrific for our youngsters but if we end up with a top pick that means we add yet another talented young piece....its a win win
nixluva
USA
9/24/2017  3:14 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
OjilEye wrote:

Amen.

should be fun. We dont have to tank but we dont have to be forced to make the playoffs by trading picks or adding bloating contracts anymore. If we make the playoffs thats terrific for our youngsters but if we end up with a top pick that means we add yet another talented young piece....its a win win

EXACTLY!!! This is a situation where you really just sit back and take things as they come. There's no need to fret any particular outcome. Just let things happen naturally and take it from there.
StarksEwing1

9/24/2017  3:21 PM
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
OjilEye wrote:

Amen.

EXACTLY!!! This is a situation where you really just sit back and take things as they come. There's no need to fret any particular outcome. Just let things happen naturally and take it from there.
yup. I hate losing but as long as our young guys grow as a team and in their development thats the most important thing. Also i wont be surprised if ny becomes more attractive to free agents in a year or 2
bernard
Member: #475
9/24/2017  5:08 PM
I think OKC wins the trade this year, but we win it next and the following, when Melo's game will be even more diminished and his salary will be absolutely atrocious.
Not so hopeful about Kanter or McBuckets being significant parts of us turning things around. Both limited players. But you never know. They could turn it on, next year's pick could turn into a stud -- and worst case, we're free of the big contracts one year earlier and have more flexibility to go after the types of players we want to build our future around.
Good trade, but not great.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

9/24/2017  5:09 PM
I don't like those choices but I do like the trade.
The value in this trade is in getting rid of this putrid me first Diva that infested the Knicks for so long.

Whether Kanter and McDermott plays well is irrelevant. I THINK we will trade Kanter at some point and hopefully McDermott as well. Unless we start setting Kanter/KP/Billy on the floor he would really into Billy's minutes.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

9/24/2017  6:06 PM
stanleybostitch wrote:You take the star player out of the mix, and there is now room for everyone to blossom. This is the most excited I've been as a Knicks fan since the Sprewell playoff run.

I've said this before, the Melo and Knick pairing was like a marriage. And like most marriages, it ended in an ugly divorce.

Why is divorce so expensive? Because it's worth it.

Lots of dudes in this forum. Probably 99.99999 percent male. Older guys too. With careers, families, etc.

Many of you guys probably got divorced at some point. Not saying all guys are Georgia Peaches here, but when you have a chick who is busted out, got fat ( no defense), didn't cook or clean ( no leadership/coach killer), didn't blow you ( no max effort ) and just nagged you ( nothing but a high maintenance expensive detriment to your life and well being and sanity) then even if you had to lose the house, pay alimony, start over, at least you were "free"

Let's not mince it. The Knick are not blameless. But at least they tried to win. They didn't go out intending to not win or not try. Melo just didn't care. He dogged it on the court because he didn't care. He only had eyes for someone else ( another franchise instead of putting in some effort for this one)

The Knicks married a whore. And got what all people get when they marry a whore.

Then the Knicks divorced a whore. Cost them badly. Like what happens to people when you cut a whore out of you life, it costs you.

If Melo puts in any effort for OKC, just remember that, he's SPITTING IN YOUR FACE AS A KNICKS FAN. The Knicks weren't good enough to even put out a basic level of effort. But some other team will be? Just like any used up Tinder thot with a face covered in gang bang jizz, don't let the door hit Melo on his out of shape @ss on the way out.

This was not addition by subtraction.

It was surgery to remove cancer.

You can't ring up a whore and expect a housewife. That being said, there is no excuse for Melo to not give max effort for our beloved Knicks. I LOVE THIS FRANCHISE. YOU LOVE THIS FRANCHISE. Melo could give f**k less about this franchise. So f**k him. He didn't deserve to be called a true NYer. I said trade this whore years ago, and many people here mocked me, and I say now what I said then, whores are going do what is in line with their character, and the end result will be inevitable, which is was.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

9/24/2017  6:16 PM
Wow - way to go on a misogynistic rant to justify your POV on Melo and the Knicks. I don't care about Melo or how he feels, he is a subhuman ectoparasite, but the"objectification" of women in your post and the disrespect you show them was so absolute that it's hard to read
You need to clean that **** up.
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Clean
Member: #743
9/24/2017  7:31 PM
My main problem with the trade is that now we might have the worst defensive team in the NBA. Willy and KP struggle vs fast bigs. Kanter and Doug are some of the worse defenders in the NBA. Timmy might revert to being bad defensively when surrounded by all the other bad defenders.
nixluva
USA
9/24/2017  8:13 PM
Clean wrote:My main problem with the trade is that now we might have the worst defensive team in the NBA. Willy and KP struggle vs fast bigs. Kanter and Doug are some of the worse defenders in the NBA. Timmy might revert to being bad defensively when surrounded by all the other bad defenders.

OR the presence of Nitty, Baker, THJ, LT helps just enough to play at least average defense. We have some weak defenders but they're also young and could still improve. That's what Jeff and his staff have to achieve.

Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
9/24/2017  8:37 PM
While the consensus seems to be that Kantor will travel I’m not so sure.
Nitty as the 8th pick needs to be a starter by year end in my opinion. He may not be Dennis SMITH but he needs to be a lock down defender, a 16-18 ppg scorer and someone that can penetrate and dish. This is NY. In a year we will know if he’s real and we don’t have picks to waste. Am I excited? H yes!!! But i want it all. I want our team to
Have complementary players but in the NBA it’s stars that matter. The guys that wanna take the game over in the 4th.
KP? Sure. Yet once we’ve a defensive alignment, we will need another young bona fide stud like a Doncic or Porter or like Tatum. And once we’ve that then add another stud with the $30 million we’ve left over once Lee, and Noah are gone.
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
9/24/2017  8:44 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/24/2017  8:48 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
stanleybostitch wrote:You take the star player out of the mix, and there is now room for everyone to blossom. This is the most excited I've been as a Knicks fan since the Sprewell playoff run.

I've said this before, the Melo and Knick pairing was like a marriage. And like most marriages, it ended in an ugly divorce.

Why is divorce so expensive? Because it's worth it.

Lots of dudes in this forum. Probably 99.99999 percent male. Older guys too. With careers, families, etc.

Many of you guys probably got divorced at some point. Not saying all guys are Georgia Peaches here, but when you have a chick who is busted out, got fat ( no defense), didn't cook or clean ( no leadership/coach killer), didn't blow you ( no max effort ) and just nagged you ( nothing but a high maintenance expensive detriment to your life and well being and sanity) then even if you had to lose the house, pay alimony, start over, at least you were "free"

Let's not mince it. The Knick are not blameless. But at least they tried to win. They didn't go out intending to not win or not try. Melo just didn't care. He dogged it on the court because he didn't care. He only had eyes for someone else ( another franchise instead of putting in some effort for this one)

The Knicks married a whore. And got what all people get when they marry a whore.

Then the Knicks divorced a whore. Cost them badly. Like what happens to people when you cut a whore out of you life, it costs you.

If Melo puts in any effort for OKC, just remember that, he's SPITTING IN YOUR FACE AS A KNICKS FAN. The Knicks weren't good enough to even put out a basic level of effort. But some other team will be? Just like any used up Tinder thot with a face covered in gang bang jizz, don't let the door hit Melo on his out of shape @ss on the way out.

This was not addition by subtraction.

It was surgery to remove cancer.

You can't ring up a whore and expect a housewife. That being said, there is no excuse for Melo to not give max effort for our beloved Knicks. I LOVE THIS FRANCHISE. YOU LOVE THIS FRANCHISE. Melo could give f**k less about this franchise. So f**k him. He didn't deserve to be called a true NYer. I said trade this whore years ago, and many people here mocked me, and I say now what I said then, whores are going do what is in line with their character, and the end result will be inevitable, which is was.

I sat at dinner tonight with the Mrs asking me, a 50 year NyK fan, why I am so pissed at Melo all the time. I explained about Lin, how Melo could have come in as a free agent but leveraged the Nets to have us cough up 4 players and a pick, I explained how he disrespected GEORGE Karl and forced D’Antoni out and outlasted Phil and finally how we couldnt cut a better deal because the selfish pk only wanted Houston and how he whined to get a deal done and it may have cost us a better deal in all likelihood.

I care. And I see the fans at OKC thrilled to be with brand Melo. Well enjoy his defense and 4th quarter clunkers. Thank you for posting yours.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
9/24/2017  8:56 PM
nixluva wrote:
Clean wrote:My main problem with the trade is that now we might have the worst defensive team in the NBA. Willy and KP struggle vs fast bigs. Kanter and Doug are some of the worse defenders in the NBA. Timmy might revert to being bad defensively when surrounded by all the other bad defenders.

OR the presence of Nitty, Baker, THJ, LT helps just enough to play at least average defense. We have some weak defenders but they're also young and could still improve. That's what Jeff and his staff have to achieve.

Really dude, your funny, JH and Rambis are going to teach the worst defenders in the league how to defend. When did they come (even remotely) close to showing you they have the ability to do that.

You know damn well that sht aint happening, a bad defensive coaching staff needs a ton of defensive minded players, and bad defensive players need to be around strong defenders, either way we have neither, which means we better have a top 5 offensive because were easily are giving up 115 per night

ES
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

9/24/2017  9:08 PM
Paris907 wrote:While the consensus seems to be that Kantor will travel I’m not so sure.
Nitty as the 8th pick needs to be a starter by year end in my opinion. He may not be Dennis SMITH but he needs to be a lock down defender, a 16-18 ppg scorer and someone that can penetrate and dish. This is NY. In a year we will know if he’s real and we don’t have picks to waste. Am I excited? H yes!!! But i want it all. I want our team to
Have complementary players but in the NBA it’s stars that matter. The guys that wanna take the game over in the 4th.
KP? Sure. Yet once we’ve a defensive alignment, we will need another young bona fide stud like a Doncic or Porter or like Tatum. And once we’ve that then add another stud with the $30 million we’ve left over once Lee, and Noah are gone.

Well i can already see you'll be one of the ones complaining much earlier then you need to cause you're already expecting these guys to give much more then they will way too early. You have unrealistic expectations with Nitty cause he'll most likely need more then a year to be a 16-18 point scorer. He could surprise and grow quicker then expected but i don't think he'll get enough playing time for that cause i think we'll be depending on J.Jack and R.Sessions to play most minutes at PG.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

9/24/2017  9:25 PM
As a fan, my biggest concern was the Knicks being so desperate to unload Anthony that they would be willing to take on a Ryan Anderson type of contract in return. Or a repeat of the Ewing trade.

None of that happened, we got two players who can contribute on offense. This easily could have turned into a nightmare trade. Glad that it wasnt, would have made making this KP's team pointless.

Man up on the 'Melo trade

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy