[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Is Kanter here to stay?
Author Thread
fin89
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4196

9/24/2017  9:49 AM
Nothing against Kanter, but we have a surplus of bigs, and he's quite expensive in addition to our Noah void. Obviously, Portland wanted no part in aiding a conference rival get the player they were trying to recruit, but Portland was the team that was responsible for Kanter's max contract. Maybe after the sting of not getting Melo wears off, they will be open to Kanter and Perry gets his guy in Harkless. I guess i'm trying to make sense of this trade still.
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
9/24/2017  10:08 AM
Who knows but I definitely see him being our starting center. This guy can really play. He will compliment KP very nicely offensively. Defensively is another story but we will have to see. This guy can flat out score though. Probably replaces most of melo's offense to be honest. He's likely our second option behind KP, especially since he looks much more athletic and in better shape.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

9/24/2017  10:17 AM
Knixkik wrote:Who knows but I definitely see him being our starting center. This guy can really play. He will compliment KP very nicely offensively. Defensively is another story but we will have to see. This guy can flat out score though. Probably replaces most of melo's offense to be honest. He's likely our second option behind KP, especially since he looks much more athletic and in better shape.

Kanter isnt the problem the screwed up roster is. The best thing to do is bench Noah.

Kanter
KP
Lance Thomas
Hardaway
Baker

Willy
Beasley
Lee
Ntilikina
Jack or Sessions

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
9/24/2017  10:23 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Who knows but I definitely see him being our starting center. This guy can really play. He will compliment KP very nicely offensively. Defensively is another story but we will have to see. This guy can flat out score though. Probably replaces most of melo's offense to be honest. He's likely our second option behind KP, especially since he looks much more athletic and in better shape.

Kanter isnt the problem the screwed up roster is. The best thing to do is bench Noah.

Kanter
KP
Lance Thomas
Hardaway
Baker

Willy
Beasley
Lee
Ntilikina
Jack or Sessions

I agree. Noah isn't even a thought in my mind. He's a 3r string center at this point, who will be useful as a veteran and locker room presence, but there is no way he will see regular rotation minutes as things stand.

smackeddog
Member: #883
9/24/2017  11:13 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/24/2017  11:13 AM
Knixkik wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

Kanter
KP
Lance Thomas
Hardaway
Baker

Willy
Beasley
Lee
Ntilikina
Jack or Sessions

I agree. Noah isn't even a thought in my mind. He's a 3r string center at this point, who will be useful as a veteran and locker room presence, but there is no way he will see regular rotation minutes as things stand.

also he's suspended for - is it the first 10 games? then he will no doubt get injured soon after that.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

9/24/2017  11:20 AM
Knixkik wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

Kanter
KP
Lance Thomas
Hardaway
Baker

Willy
Beasley
Lee
Ntilikina
Jack or Sessions

Things will work themselves out during the season. If Noah is in shape, he can do some good things on the court, and he might have some value come the trade deadline.

If the Knicks' brass, Hornacek, and the players can accept that this is a coming of age season, this can be one of the most entertaining seasons of recent years.

We have a large mix of interesting players, a lot of youth, and, to be honest, a good amount of talent on this team. Got a lot of guys to root for, and I'll be happy to watch players rise and fall to the occasion.

Should be a lot of fun.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

9/24/2017  11:22 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/24/2017  11:28 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

Kanter
KP
Lance Thomas
Hardaway
Baker

Willy
Beasley
Lee
Ntilikina
Jack or Sessions

Things will work themselves out during the season. If Noah is in shape, he can do some good things on the court, and he might have some value come the trade deadline.

If the Knicks' brass, Hornacek, and the players can accept that this is a coming of age season, this can be one of the most entertaining seasons of recent years.

We have a large mix of interesting players, a lot of youth, and, to be honest, a good amount of talent on this team. Got a lot of guys to root for, and I'll be happy to watch players rise and fall to the occasion.

Should be a lot of fun.

There is a lot of crap on this roster I wonder if there is anyway we can get a SF for one of our bigs. Portland would probably do a Harkless Leonard swap for Kanter
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Gudris
Member: #6213

9/24/2017  11:28 AM
if we keep Kanter we need to get rid of Naoh, but its hard get rid of Noah without losing draft picks
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

9/24/2017  11:33 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

Kanter
KP
Lance Thomas
Hardaway
Baker

Willy
Beasley
Lee
Ntilikina
Jack or Sessions

Should be a lot of fun.

There is a lot of crap on this roster I wonder if there is anyway we can get a SF for one of our bigs. Portland would probably do a Harkless Leonard swap for Kanter

Exactly. Our roster is still imbalanced. Beasely is the last guy you need in a starting g front court of Kanter/Willy and KP. We need a three and D guy in that role. But Leonard's contract....man, that would be tough to accept.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

9/24/2017  11:50 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

Kanter
KP
Lance Thomas
Hardaway
Baker

Willy
Beasley
Lee
Ntilikina
Jack or Sessions

Should be a lot of fun.

There is a lot of crap on this roster I wonder if there is anyway we can get a SF for one of our bigs

I'm more optimistic than you are, obviously.

I actually expect to see THJ playing some 3 for us. The way the game is going, he should be able to play it in many instances, and he might do better on D, at least in terms of staying in front of his man.

I actually like McDermott on the offensive end...he moves without the ball and has a good shot...but I'm terribly scared about his D.

Was really hoping we picked up Harkless...just wasn't meant to be.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
reub
Member: #6227

9/24/2017  11:59 AM
Gudris wrote:if we keep Kanter we need to get rid of Naoh, but its hard get rid of Noah without losing draft picks

Unless we stretch him. What would that cost us?

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
9/24/2017  12:06 PM
If Kanter's weight loss improves his defense, he might turn himself into a quality starting center. His offense is definitely there. The issue is whether he fits with the team's new focus on defense.
Trust the Process
smackeddog
Member: #883
9/24/2017  12:11 PM
reub wrote:
Gudris wrote:if we keep Kanter we need to get rid of Naoh, but its hard get rid of Noah without losing draft picks

Isn't it salary, stetched over twice the number of years plus one? So in this case, Noah is owed a total of $55mil over three years so divided by 7 years that would be:$8mil per year for 7 years. Not worth it in my opinion. We don't need the cap space yet, and when we do, I'd rather move Lee, Thomas and KOQ. We're stuck with him, unless Blazers want to do a Noah for Turner swap

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

9/24/2017  3:25 PM
Would be pleasantly surprised if Noah could be moved this season, but Im not counting on it. He hasnt had a good season from start to finish in a long time. Noah looks like he is coming back in the best shape in years. The Knicks staff apparently had to slow him down, he was working so hard.

If Noah can have a good season from start to finish, whatever the minutes, I believe there will be a market for him in the offseason. Will only be 2 years left on his deal. When healthy, Noah brings a lot to the table, especially with a contender.

For Kanter to be a starter, he has to become a better defender. The weight loss should help. He would have to play D for me to want to see him start over Willy and Noah.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
9/24/2017  3:34 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

Kanter
KP
Lance Thomas
Hardaway
Baker

Willy
Beasley
Lee
Ntilikina
Jack or Sessions

Should be a lot of fun.

There's SOME guys that aren't very good but overall I would not describe this roster as having a lot of CRAP. KOQ is barely mentioned but his Per 36 numbers are good and maybe he's a trade candidate. It's really hard to get worked up about the state of a rebuilding roster like this. We all know that more change is going to be coming. Also there are LOT of young players that haven't had a chance to actually develop and show what they are. Can't call them crap until they actually play and show what they can or can't do.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
9/24/2017  3:38 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Would be pleasantly surprised if Noah could be moved this season, but Im not counting on it. He hasnt had a good season from start to finish in a long time. Noah looks like he is coming back in the best shape in years. The Knicks staff apparently had to slow him down, he was working so hard.

If Noah can have a good season from start to finish, whatever the minutes, I believe there will be a market for him in the offseason. Will only be 2 years left on his deal. When healthy, Noah brings a lot to the table, especially with a contender.

For Kanter to be a starter, he has to become a better defender. The weight loss should help. He would have to play D for me to want to see him start over Willy and Noah.

Thanks for the update about Noah. It would be great if he could be a competent player on the court again.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
stanleybostitch
Member: #1071

9/24/2017  3:51 PM
Noah is a sunk cost, not worried about him. And perhaps he can teach Kanter defense. If that's all we get out of Noah - a mentor to Kanter and Billy with the result of two young defensive studs, I'll take it.
The new new core: Randle, RJ, IQ. Maybe Mitch. Future pick. Future trade. Future FA.
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

9/24/2017  3:56 PM
fin89 wrote:Nothing against Kanter, but we have a surplus of bigs, and he's quite expensive in addition to our Noah void. Obviously, Portland wanted no part in aiding a conference rival get the player they were trying to recruit, but Portland was the team that was responsible for Kanter's max contract. Maybe after the sting of not getting Melo wears off, they will be open to Kanter and Perry gets his guy in Harkless. I guess i'm trying to make sense of this trade still.

The Blazers recently drafted Zach Collins with the 10th pick in the last draft to be their backup center. I highly doubt that they are interested in Kanter at this point especially with Nurkic due for a major extension this upcoming offseason.

NardDogNation

9/24/2017  4:03 PM
reub wrote:

$8 million per season for the next 7 years. I think we'd better served just eating that contract.

NardDogNation

9/24/2017  4:10 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/24/2017  4:17 PM
What about Enes Kanter for Greg Monroe and his expiring contract? It still forces us to have a glut of bigs but at least it clears long-term money for us. Come the deadline, we might be able to offload him for a wing that better suits our needs.
Is Kanter here to stay?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy