Author Thread
WaltLongmire
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5843

9/24/2017  4:40 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
nixluva wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
reub wrote:One can criticize certain aspects of Kanter's game but having a WS48 of .200 over the past three years cannot be dismissed as an anomaly. That's real, elite production and a substantial positive impact upon his team and their winning record.

The year he was traded from Utah to OKC...MID-SEASON, it went from .099 to .220.

It went down from .226 to .183 AFTER Durant left.

I can't say that I'm an advanced stat geek...but I'm intelligent enough to reach conclusions from these numbers.

Kanter is a very good offensive big, and if he really lost all the weight they're talking about, maybe...maybe, he has more success on the defensive end, but you are not going to see anything near the efficiency numbers he put up in OKC.

I'm sure there will be some drop off due in part to the adjustment period but in terms of Kanter's efficiency being reduced due to not playing with Westbrook and Durant, I think this is perhaps being overstated. The Knicks have to get things done differently than if they had a Westbrook and KD drawing all the attention but different doesn't mean worse.

The way the Knicks will have to do things is by letting the Offense create the good looks rather than living off the greatness of a star player. This is not a foreign concept. It's how the game is played by most teams outside of the few who have Elite Stars. The more our players TRUST the SYSTEM and look to execute properly the more success they will have.

Just look at these example of the Knicks running Spread PnR and how they were able to get great looks simply by executing the offense.

Jeff has other sets he uses that can be just as effective as long as the players execute and have ball and player movement. Set good screens and make good cuts.

We won't know for sure until games are played. Another thing to consider is that he no longer has Steven Adams to help cover for him defensively. He's not a rim protector so that will impact how we use Enes as well. KOQ might end being the best option to pair with him off the bench. Kyle does move the ball, is a decent shotblocker and can face up. Maybe he extends his range to three this season?

Adams to Kanter not unlike Robin Lopez to KP...nice to have a guy paired with you who is willing get his hands dirty so you can do other things.
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
AUTOADVERT
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

9/24/2017  9:34 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:It's interesting Kanter held his man to 46.6% shooting last year. So his man-to-man defense was fine even though his overall defensive impact was really bad.

He is awful against the pick and roll, like comically bad

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
knickstorrents
Member: #3050
Hong Kong
9/24/2017  9:55 PM
reub wrote:I don't think we suck at all. We added ThJr, Frank, Kanter, Sessions, Dotson, Beasely among others and lost two ball hoggers and no defense guys. We've got depth everywhere, although some of it is young and unproven. We've got about 20 guys who will be in real competition for playing time and most of them are 25 or younger. I like it!

That's right! Addition by subtraction. Let's see how our young players step up. I'm hoping Ron Baker has a very good year, the guy is a winner. We just need to give him a shot, and have players who aren't brain dead and can play team ball and defend around him.

Rose is not the answer.
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
9/25/2017  4:36 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/25/2017  4:46 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:So if he ever plays 36 or 48 minutes a game, he'll be a stud. good to know

OK, and why is he not playing more minutes per game?

Because he's a defensive turnstile. You would literally be better off putting orange traffic cones in front of a pick and roll, because at least there's a 1 percent chance the other player might trip on the orange cone. There is a zero percent chance Kanter is going to even slow down the other player.

His minutes get shaded because HE'S PULLED OFF THE FLOOR BECAUSE OTHER TEAMS TARGET HIM OVER AND OVER AND SCORE AT WILL AGAINST HIM UNTIL HIS ACTUAL TEAM HAS NO CHOICE BUT TO BENCH HIM, ESP LATE IN GAMES.

If you score 15-18 a night ,and maybe get 12 rebounds, but you GIVE UP 40 POINTS THE OTHER WAY, then you are not a stud.

At least non entities like Robert Traylor or Andrew Lang would chew up space and clog up the paint a little. Kanter can't even eat up space.

He's not a stud. He was available for a reason. OKC wanted to get rid of him for a reason.

It's like a bizarre trivia question.... What player could the Knicks trade for that would be even more deficient at defense than Melo? Now we have our answer.

YOU MEAN THERE'S ACTUALLY ANOTHER PLAYER EXISTING IN THE LEAGUE WHO DOESN'T GIVE MAX EFFORT?!?!????

I want to see at least 14 paragraphs a week on Enes Kanter please.

jrodmc
USA
9/25/2017  4:46 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:It's interesting Kanter held his man to 46.6% shooting last year. So his man-to-man defense was fine even though his overall defensive impact was really bad.

He's quite comical against simple iso plays as well. Good thing we traded Melo for him. IsoMelo would have gone for 100 against him in practice every day.

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
9/25/2017  5:17 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/25/2017  5:17 PM
jrodmc wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

He's quite comical against simple iso plays as well. Good thing we traded Melo for him. IsoMelo would have gone for 100 against him in practice every day.

We can replace Melo with Willy or KP to use Kantor as training body to score on.
melo is too expensive for practice use... and was useless for us otherwise.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
jrodmc
USA
9/26/2017  5:30 PM
arkrud wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

We can replace Melo with Willy or KP to use Kantor as training body to score on.
melo is too expensive for practice use... and was useless for us otherwise.

Very good points. Like Coach Horn said just before the trade, "Anyone who thinks Melo's anything but a bench warmer and a lousy player is crazy."
Willy? -31 as a starter Willy? That Willy?

Do you even have any nervous system whatever attached to your thumbs before you type this **** out?

Article: Enes Kanter is an advanced stat anomally

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy