[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks 2017 rotation/depth chart?
Author Thread
reub
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6227

9/23/2017  5:30 PM
We need to mix our many offensive players with our good defensive players. Who are our good defensive players? Frank, Baker, KP, Willy (really), Lee, maybe the new THJr, Lance Thomas.

Kanter should probably be coupled with KP for rim protection and rebounding balance. Frank or Baker with THJr for scoring balance. Willy and O'Quinn look good together (and they played well together last year). Beasely should probably play with KP or O'Quinn, our best rim protectors.

AUTOADVERT
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
9/23/2017  5:32 PM
Knicks waiving Chaisson Randle. One down!
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

9/23/2017  5:40 PM
Frankie,jack,sessions
Baker,Lee,Dotson
Thjr,LT,kuz
Beasley,kuz,O’Quinn
KP,Willy,kanter
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
9/23/2017  5:42 PM
Paris907 wrote:Knicks waiving Chaisson Randle. One down!
They definitely like Jack. His deal looks like it is more than a training camp deal.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
reub

9/23/2017  5:55 PM
Starters:

Sessions
Lee
THJr
KP
Willy

That's pretty good and balanced.

reub

9/23/2017  6:01 PM
Bench:

Frank/Jack
Baker/Dotson
Beasely/Kuz/Thomas/McBuckets
Kanter/Noah
O'Quinn

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
9/23/2017  6:36 PM
C Kanter
F KP
F Lance Thomas
G Tim Hardaway
G Sessions
6th Beasley
C Willy G
G Frank N
G C Lee
G Baker
RIP Crushalot😞
Kemet
Member: #6148

9/23/2017  6:50 PM
Paris907 wrote:I was trying to construct depth chart. Tough job.
OQuinn and Lee fit where
Kuz?
Dotson?
Even Noah Playing time questionable
Sessions ?

Okay - if Frank N can start and handle 25-30 minutes from day 1 great.
If not it’s Ron Baker. Against smaller teams, I assume Lee or Tim play 3 or Kuz gets a burn.

If KP/Enes and Wily split minutes at the 4/5 only Noah or OQuinn spells them. OQuinn logical to go as he has a contract that can Be moved.

3= Beasley/McDermott/Kuz/ Thomas None ofnwhom play D except Thomas ...

Sessions / Dotson / Jack / Filler as is Randle or XRM if they make it.

IMO OQuinn and Lee and Randle can Be moved.

Wow! u cant find any room in the rotation for Noah! and Quinn.
Although, Noah did not play much last season, Noah was still the best winning player on the Knicks roster.
Quinn has been our best performing Big-man on the roster the past 2 seasons .. its ashame how both head coaches gave Quinn inconsistent playing time so we could TANK both seasons.

I still believe a rookie PG should never be starter his rookie season, unless their names are CP3, Westbrook, Iverson, Isiah Thomas, or Magic Johnson (Maybe Lonzo, maybe!). Session n Jack should be our starting PG all season, no matter how good Frank performance develop throughout the season.
Sorry to say again, Lee's decision making with n without the ball at SG are 10 times better than any other SG we have on the roster, making Lee our starter SG.

fitzfarm

9/23/2017  7:25 PM
I think Beasley has a breakout year and I think horny goes small to start games I see,

Starters

Frank
Baker
THjr
Beasley
KP

I think this is the best starting line up for the knicks, One it puts the ball in KP’s hands with two pass first pg’s and gives him weapons to pass to when teams double team KP in Beasley and THJR. I want Frankie to start the best way to learn is to be thrown into the fire and if he is part of our core future like KP he should start from day one. Having Baker in their to gives him some guidance as well as creating one of the most dynamic defensive backcourts in the nba. Weakness is front court defense in this line up but this line up will light up the scoreboard.

Bench
Jack
Lee,dotson
McDermott
Willy
Kanter
Lance
Kuz
O’Quinn
Noah

I think we need to try and move Noah,Lee, and O’Quinn for draft picks and expiring or 2 year deals No way Noah gets minutes over KP,Kanter,Willy horny already had a super short leash on him last year, he is a zero on offense its 4 vs 5 on that side of the court when Noah is in the game.

Willy needs to be groomed to take over the 4 spot I see a lot of LMA in him he is only 6’10 and is quick but like kanter I really see Willy as a situational player until he improves his defense. I see him and Kanter splitting the back up center spot and playing lots of minutes and mixing KP in at the 4.

Dotson will make lee Play for his minutes the guy is a lights out sharp shooter who can defend a Line up of jack,dotson,McDermott,Willy,Kanter can really light it up. I think Perry is already looking for trades to balance out this roster

What I like about the depth though is when horny sees a player is struggling he has major options to replace them in KUZ,O’Quinn,sessions,Lance,Dotson I see these guys fighting for minutes and getting random windows of opportunity.

I just don’t know if Lance will beat out McDermott for minutes I wouldn’t be surprised if he dose but with horny going back to small speed ball i see McDermott getting lances minutes for his sharp shooting abilities.

This is a tough call on the bench because there’s lots of talent and depth someone’s going to sit and lose out.

Kemet
Member: #6148

9/23/2017  8:46 PM
BRIGGS wrote:C Kanter
F KP
F Lance Thomas
G Tim Hardaway
G Sessions
6th Beasley
C Willy G
G Frank N
G C Lee
G Baker

When Noah come off of suspension .. The best rotation to start the season having so many new players on the roster should have two separate lineups in a 11 man rotation to be fair to the players mixing well together .. A Big-man Line-up n a 3-guard line-up .. The Atlantic division of Boston, Raptors, and the new 76ers will be a tough battle for us throughout the season .. Horford n Kyrie, Ibaka n Lowry, Embiid n Simmons

Noah (Team Leader)
Quinn
Beasley
Lee
Session
Combo 6th-man THJ/KP .. coming off the bench
8th Frank
9th Kanter
10th Jack
11th WHG
12th Lance Thomas

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

9/23/2017  9:22 PM
I'm hype for this season now... the potential and unknown is so intruiging.

Kanter, Beasley and THJr all have undergone transformations this off season. That's what makes sports great. Are you not entertained?

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
fitzfarm

9/23/2017  10:18 PM
Kemet wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:C Kanter
F KP
F Lance Thomas
G Tim Hardaway
G Sessions
6th Beasley
C Willy G
G Frank N
G C Lee
G Baker

When Noah come off of suspension .. The best rotation to start the season having so many new players on the roster should have two separate lineups in a 11 man rotation to be fair to the players mixing well together .. A Big-man Line-up n a 3-guard line-up .. The Atlantic division of Boston, Raptors, and the new 76ers will be a tough battle for us throughout the season .. Horford n Kyrie, Ibaka n Lowry, Embiid n Simmons

Noah (Team Leader)
Quinn
Beasley
Lee
Session
Combo 6th-man THJ/KP .. coming off the bench
8th Frank
9th Kanter
10th Jack
11th WHG
12th Lance Thomas

I don’t see Noah even breaking the rotation. Horny likes players that can put the ball in the hoop something Noah is really bad at. Even last year he would play Noah for a max 10 minutes for the whole game. I think it was to please Phil but Noah needs a jump shot or he needs to hang it up and become a assistant coach. He is hands down the least talented of the bigs but i understand he is hard not to like, also KP will never come off the bench.... never

Paris907
USA
9/23/2017  11:55 PM
I’ve been a proponent of Wily being a starter, yet training camp will sort it out. I am otherwise agreeing with Briggs (enjoy it) and unless management has already decided to move Kantor, let him start. Our team is bereft of defense essentially. Exceptions are Thomas (injury prone) and Lee (now older). KP can block shots but if foul prone. So the team will need to score: suddenly, we’ve new scoring in Enes, Timmy, Beasley and of course KP.

If Wily and Beasley come off the Benxh with Lee and Frank, etc it provides scoring and balance and breaks in the rook. Thus, Sessions (or Baker)/THJr/Enes/Thomas (as long as he’s healthy)would start, along with KP at 4. Tough matchups against lots of teams.

Paris907
USA
9/24/2017  12:02 AM
Kemet wrote:
Paris907 wrote:I was trying to construct depth chart. Tough job.
OQuinn and Lee fit where
Kuz?
Dotson?
Even Noah Playing time questionable
Sessions ?

Okay - if Frank N can start and handle 25-30 minutes from day 1 great.
If not it’s Ron Baker. Against smaller teams, I assume Lee or Tim play 3 or Kuz gets a burn.

If KP/Enes and Wily split minutes at the 4/5 only Noah or OQuinn spells them. OQuinn logical to go as he has a contract that can Be moved.

3= Beasley/McDermott/Kuz/ Thomas None ofnwhom play D except Thomas ...

Sessions / Dotson / Jack / Filler as is Randle or XRM if they make it.

IMO OQuinn and Lee and Randle can Be moved.

Wow! u cant find any room in the rotation for Noah! and Quinn.
Although, Noah did not play much last season, Noah was still the best winning player on the Knicks roster.
Quinn has been our best performing Big-man on the roster the past 2 seasons .. its ashame how both head coaches gave Quinn inconsistent playing time so we could TANK both seasons.

I still believe a rookie PG should never be starter his rookie season, unless their names are CP3, Westbrook, Iverson, Isiah Thomas, or Magic Johnson (Maybe Lonzo, maybe!). Session n Jack should be our starting PG all season, no matter how good Frank performance develop throughout the season.
Sorry to say again, Lee's decision making with n without the ball at SG are 10 times better than any other SG we have on the roster, making Lee our starter SG.

I think you won’t go to camp with Noah/OQuinn/KP/Kantor/Wily. I think one gets traded either Kantor or Quinn. As it is, Noah if healthy and at his best form that could be expected, could still contribute defensively. Yet if Noah’s lost a full step, he will be a mentor and veteran presence for the rotation of Kantor/Kp and Wily.

smackeddog
Member: #883
9/24/2017  4:42 AM
martin wrote:Jack/Sessions/Frank/Baker
THJr/Lee/Dotson
LT/Beasley/Kuz/McDermot
KP/KOQ
Willy/Kanter/Noah

This is a serious question for all- are we going to be the worst defensive team in the league this year? Is our offense good enough to overcome it?- guys like Beasley, kanter, Doug, Kuz are atrocious defensively, KP, Willy, Tim Jr (though they say he's improved), KOQ aren't very good defensively. I'm all for tanking so I'm not desperate to win, but I was hoping we'd install some defensive culture this season- I just don't see that happening now).

I do think we need to trade KOQ- he will opt out after this season so his deal isn't as good as it was last year, plus we really need to clear some space in the front court.

Markji
Alba Posts: -4
Member: #1673
USA
9/24/2017  6:32 AM
smackeddog wrote:
martin wrote:Jack/Sessions/Frank/Baker
THJr/Lee/Dotson
LT/Beasley/Kuz/McDermot
KP/KOQ
Willy/Kanter/Noah

This is a serious question for all- are we going to be the worst defensive team in the league this year? Is our offense good enough to overcome it?- guys like Beasley, kanter, Doug, Kuz are atrocious defensively, KP, Willy, Tim Jr (though they say he's improved), KOQ aren't very good defensively. I'm all for tanking so I'm not desperate to win, but I was hoping we'd install some defensive culture this season- I just don't see that happening now).

I do think we need to trade KOQ- he will opt out after this season so his deal isn't as good as it was last year, plus we really need to clear some space in the front court.

We have 16 players under contract (and listed above by Martin) so we do need to trade some for a draft pick, or do a 2 for 1 trade.
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. Tom Clancy - author
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

9/24/2017  7:45 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/24/2017  7:50 AM
I think we should consider this rotation

Kanter/Porzingis
Porzingis/Hernangomez
Kuzminskas/McDermott
Hardaway/Lee
Ntilikina/Baker

Foul trouble/Garbage time reserves (3rd unit)

OQuinn
Beasley
Thomas
Sessions

In a suit/G League

Noah
Kornet (G league)
Dotson (G league)
Jack

As much as Beasley and Thomas could give we need to develop young players and stress the rebuild. Winning each game is a second priority to player development

Run a 3 man C/PF rotation of KP, Kanter, Willy
Kuz averaged 15 points as a starter last year.
McDermott is still on his rookie contract.
Hardaway is 25 and our prime time wing/guard right now.
Frank/Ron are young point guards who need games to keep developing.

Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
9/24/2017  9:32 AM
Starting lineup is going to be homegrown.
Frank/Baker/Sessions
THJ/Dotson/Lee
Willie/Kanter/noah
Kuz/Beasley/McDermott
KP/Lance
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
9/24/2017  10:01 AM
NYK
PG Baker, Ntilikina, Randle, XRM, Jack, Sessions, Jaramaz
SG Hardaway, Lee, Dotson
SF Beasley, Kuz, Artis, Thomas, McDermott
PF KP6 Kornet (2 way), Hayes
C Kanter, Hernangomez, O'Quinn, Noah

22 players. You are allowed 15 + two 2 way contracts. There will be blood.

This is the Randle.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
9/24/2017  10:03 AM
Kanter, porzingis, lee, hardaway, and ntilikina starting
Willy, Beasley, Thomas, McDermott, and sessions off the bench.
Knicks 2017 rotation/depth chart?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy