[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Melo expands destination ...Cavs (and OKC)
Topic LOCKED
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

9/23/2017  6:10 AM
This is a fiasco.... why 2 days before media day? This could have been taken care of months ago.

I got a feeling the Knicks have several deals on the table and will try to sorry that out before Monday. We need all hands on deck for training camp.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
TheGame
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1154
USA
9/23/2017  7:41 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/23/2017  7:42 AM
Guys wake up. We are not getting Love. I think crowder, shumpert, filler and two second round picks is about as good as we get from the Cavs. I would do it. Crowder has a great contract and he is the perfect defensive small forward. We can trade shumpert to a third team.
Trust the Process
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
9/23/2017  7:44 AM
EnySpree wrote:This is a fiasco.... why 2 days before media day? This could have been taken care of months ago.

I got a feeling the Knicks have several deals on the table and will try to sorry that out before Monday. We need all hands on deck for training camp.

It’s a fiasco again attributed to Melo as a result of his unwillingness to expand his team selections
Previously. Melo is always self centered and upsetting Media Day is the last concern. BTW, whether we end up with Crowder plus a pick or Harkless/Swanigan I’m good. Get Melo and his brand out of town please.

Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
9/23/2017  7:51 AM
I just peeked at Harkless vs Crowder. Given his defensive prowess and ability to score 14-5 ppg, great contract and still young, Crowder it is. But if it’s Harkless and Swanigan the pendulum swings.
dwiley20
Member: #5755

9/23/2017  8:23 AM
TheGame wrote:Guys wake up. We are not getting Love. I think crowder, shumpert, filler and two second round picks is about as good as we get from the Cavs. I would do it. Crowder has a great contract and he is the perfect defensive small forward. We can trade shumpert to a third team.

I forgot about Crowder, but in any deal if we are not getting a 1st rounder..We lost already

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

9/23/2017  8:39 AM
Melo blinked first, cheers to mgmt. for not backing down. Hope the Knicks can bring this home with a good deal. The odds just increased.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
9/23/2017  8:44 AM
When can Crowder be traded again?
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
9/23/2017  8:49 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:When can Crowder be traded again?
According to trade checker he can be traded on 10/21.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
9/23/2017  9:20 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

I thought it wasn't until around then. So they'd have to wait until the first week of the season to do a trade involving him.
CTKnicksfan
Member: #572
9/23/2017  9:53 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I thought it wasn't until around then. So they'd have to wait until the first week of the season to do a trade involving him.

He can be traded by himself before then, just not packaged with other players. It might be possible to structure Crowder to the Knicks in a kind of side deal to go along with the main trade e.g

The 'main' deal would be Melo for Shump/Frye and some combination Osman/Jefferson/Felder/Tavares for salary matching, whlie the 'side' trade would be Crowder (alone) for say, O'Quinn or Lance Thomas. Both trades standing alone would be legal under CBA rules, Just not sure if the league office would view this as an attempt to circumvent the rules about not trading recently acquired players and block it.

joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
9/23/2017  10:50 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/23/2017  10:53 AM
Paris907 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:This is a fiasco.... why 2 days before media day? This could have been taken care of months ago.

It’s a fiasco again attributed to Melo as a result of his unwillingness to expand his team selections
Previously. Melo is always self centered and upsetting Media Day is the last concern. BTW, whether we end up with Crowder plus a pick or Harkless/Swanigan I’m good. Get Melo and his brand out of town please.

This. Melo makes this a fiasco by opening up the list now. Could have been traded months ago if he did this already. The funny part is The double standard when it comes to this. Everyone says the Knicks should just trade Melo but would be the first to say it's the Knicks being the Knicks just taking a bad contract and sub par players for this guy. I'm sure as soon as they do Melo the "favor" of trading him just because they "owe" him, the media would laugh at the Knicks being the Knicks.

Eny I am not pointing to you specifically, but this is how a professional team is run. The Knicks are under no obligation to trade Melo, just like Melo is under no obligation to ok just any trade. This is how a professional team operates.

~You can't run from who you are.~
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

9/23/2017  11:46 AM
joec32033 wrote:
Paris907 wrote:

This. Melo makes this a fiasco by opening up the list now. Could have been traded months ago if he did this already. The funny part is The double standard when it comes to this. Everyone says the Knicks should just trade Melo but would be the first to say it's the Knicks being the Knicks just taking a bad contract and sub par players for this guy. I'm sure as soon as they do Melo the "favor" of trading him just because they "owe" him, the media would laugh at the Knicks being the Knicks.

Eny I am not pointing to you specifically, but this is how a professional team is run. The Knicks are under no obligation to trade Melo, just like Melo is under no obligation to ok just any trade. This is how a professional team operates.

Maybe something got lost in translation. I'm calling this a fiasco because outs 2 days before training camp and Now Melo expands his list.

You are correct, no one side has to bend. If there is no trade Melo has to play. It's the timing these reports are coming out. This should have happened in July

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

9/23/2017  11:50 AM
joec32033 wrote:
Paris907 wrote:

Knicks being Knicks. Give a player a NTC and now whining about it when he exercises the way its meant to be exercised by any intelligent player. Yet they learned their lesson.... by giving 2 more guys a NTC this year. Knicks being Knicks. Or maybe signing 2 players, one for 4 years, with injury history, after signing so many crippled duds in the past. Knicks being Knicks.

It will be tough to F this up. But somehow dont have much faith. Just hoping we get a couple of picks, a young dice roll and no more dead contracts. That may be way too much to ask.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
SwishAndDish13
Member: #5700

9/23/2017  12:08 PM
Paris907 wrote:

Fiasco attributed to bad press around KD and lack of league competitiveness. Needed to throw a new storyline out there to distract the masses. Nothing has changed in the last wk other then the need for a new narrative.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
9/23/2017  12:41 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
Paris907 wrote:

Knicks being Knicks. Give a player a NTC and now whining about it when he exercises the way its meant to be exercised by any intelligent player. Yet they learned their lesson.... by giving 2 more guys a NTC this year. Knicks being Knicks. Or maybe signing 2 players, one for 4 years, with injury history, after signing so many crippled duds in the past. Knicks being Knicks.

It will be tough to F this up. But somehow dont have much faith. Just hoping we get a couple of picks, a young dice roll and no more dead contracts. That may be way too much to ask.

In truth Melo has used his NTC in a way that no one else has done. He's made things worse by being unreasonable. Sure it was his right to do it but that doesn't make it the correct thing to do. All he's done is made things harder on himself. The Knicks STILL don't have to trade him. I'm sure they're pretty done with his act by now but they could just as easily say to him he has to come to camp.

Also there's no comparison between giving Melo his NTC and the technicality of Baker having a NTC. Simply by virtue of the immense size of Melo's deal versus Baker's. I can't say that I fully understand the reasoning behind the Baker contract but at the same time it's not the same kind of Albatross as Melo's.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

9/23/2017  12:47 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
Paris907 wrote:

gonna be tough to get that much. Melo is am older player now and he has always had holes in his game. I agree though as long as we stay away from long bad contracts i will be happy. I just want this to end and to watch our young core grow
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
9/23/2017  1:06 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
9/23/2017  1:09 PM

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
9/23/2017  1:46 PM
Wow. Getting very interesting
martin
USA
9/23/2017  1:49 PM
NYKBocker wrote:Wow. Getting very interesting

LOL Read the "Melo traded" thread, it's even more interesting!!!

Topic LOCKED
Melo expands destination ...Cavs (and OKC)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy